Whys everyone so rich and where to level - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Whys everyone so rich and where to level

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 MWAKU

MWAKU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

Level 101 GX, getting owned everywhere. Where to level... and how are people getting so rich to be able to afford and sell uber items..

#2 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:59 AM

Your gear, stats, skill build? If you're not satisfied with the TI, you can go grind at nogg road/kobolds/medusas (in order of difficulty, hardest to easiest or you could use the database to find anything in your level range to kill), not sure how well it'll go without knowing what kind of gear you have access to.

People get rich in various ways, and by rich, how rich are we talking about? 100 mil rich, 1 bil rich, 10+ bil rich? ._.

#3 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

Spend on WP? :lol: You can also get super lucky with events where you can win rare pet tames. Pets like Medusa can be sold for like 400-600m. :P

#4 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

It's simple, I repeat myself over and over again. *sigh*

You start off small. you pick everything and I mean EVERYTHING up from monster drops. you might need to make a Merchant to OVERCHARGE items to the NPCs. you can on average, if you really go for it make around 300-400k a day at lower levels. (about 80+)  I was able to do this on a Wizard pre-renewal too, so it can be done. sometimes more expensive items drop and you can make zeny from that.

all you have to do is save up, then get yourself some equipment that's a little better than the Eden group freebies. improve your equipment one item at a time. then sell that one you replaced to put back into your funds.

Once you have yourself equipment that's ok for levelling, then start to slowly upgrade it. make it all +4 to begin with. Then slowly try to make it +7.

It's mostly about making something better for yourself, then trying to recover as much as you can from the items you replace. eventually once you get the hang of it it will become easy for you. once you get all the "end game" items you want for your character, the zeny you make just piles up.

Then you can move on to buying and selling. there is also something with WoE investments, but I haven't looked into it. so you might want to research that too.

One last thing, you can do what a lot of people do and that's farm Eden Merit Badges. 8 of those can be exchanged for 1 Magical Stone which can be sold for around 7 million zeny.

#5 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Make a Smith and get Greed. Then go to Orc Dungeon Level 2 and start whoring that skill. You can get alot of rough elu and rough ori here, which you can then sell at player buy out shops. All the common monster drops add up and sell for a decent amount too. I've made about 400k a run. That's not including what I make off elu/ori.

Another good money maker is Moscovia Forest level 3. Mavka's drop Crystal Mirrors that are worth about 9k each, along with the occasional Witherless Rose worth about 30k with overcharge. Mobs here also drop healing items like Cake, Hinalle Leafs, and Fresh Fish, so you can sustain yourself for a pretty long time, just beware of the Boss. I can get about 700k a run here.

Edited by RunningWild, 19 December 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#6 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

yea greeding loots are the best way to go. lol. gets you through sufficiently to for consumables at least. And i suggest gearing up progressively and don't just eye the end game gears.

#7 xMayhem

xMayhem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Nogg Road lvl 2 till 120 or higher if you wanna keep farming the place. For an RC GX, it's simply heaven.

Invest in a Quad Hunter fly specialty jur, or a triple hunterfly jur for HP(You won't need to use potions much, if at all with this) and an earth deleter armor(for SP)

You'll be using those two for a long time, and it'll save you a lot of money. 

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

People get rich through a combination of:

* Spending $ on kafra shop and converting it to zeny (by opening boxes or selling KP items) or selling WPE codes for z

* Illegally buying zeny (this doesn't work very well - ban and scam risk is very high now)

* Killing bosses (MVPs)

* Running instances

* WoE invest

* Buy + reselling over time (playing the market)

* Time - this game has been around for a long time. There are players here who have played for 9-10 years, building up resources the whole time. Even if you're not good at money making, if you manage finances well, you'll eventually end up semi-rich. 

For new players, some of the best ways to make zeny are to do Gramps TIs (also good leveling) and trade the badges for magic stones and sell those. Also be sure to do the Reno crystal quests http://irowiki.org/w...ystal_Synthesis whenever possible - it's free money. 

#9 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:27 AM

selling WPE codes for z

Is this legal?

#10 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

sell kafra items. or u can pick up everything u see on the floor, which wont get u much 

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Is this legal?

Yes. 

Selling WPE codes is legal (I buy em whenever I can), with the following caveats:

* You can't advertise buy/selling on WP forums (but it's legal to in game)

* You have no protection if the other guy scams you - you can report them, and they'll get suspended, but you don't get your zeny/WPE back if the guy doesn't give you the code or zeny - so you need to deal only with trustworthy people. I try to only buy from guildies, but I don't always have that luxury - when VIP is out and WoE is coming up, you gotta do whatcha gotta do. 

* The zeny must be exchanged for game codes (WPE - I think UGC is okay too, as long as the $ goes to warpportal) - not real life currency.

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 December 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#12 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yes. 

Selling WPE codes is legal (I buy em whenever I can), with the following caveats:

* You can't advertise buy/selling on WP forums (but it's legal to in game)

* You have no protection if the other guy scams you - you can report them, and they'll get suspended, but you don't get your zeny/WPE back if the guy doesn't give you the code or zeny - so you need to deal only with trustworthy people. I try to only buy from guildies, but I don't always have that luxury - when VIP is out and WoE is coming up, you gotta do whatcha gotta do. 

* The zeny must be exchanged for game codes (WPE - I think UGC is okay too, as long as the $ goes to warpportal) - not real life currency.

Interesting. This isn't allowed in other servers (well, supposedly but I guess nobody cares) so I'm surprised. Good to know though, thank you. :)

#13 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Basically the trade of WPE for Zeny is not promoted or supported by the GM/CM staff and you do so at your own risk.

I have been scammed, it's not a nice feeling, and the support staff were like "LOLOL NUB lrn2safe" ...basically your own fault blahblah.

#14 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

doesnt have to sell wpe. can always tell kafra items instead

#15 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

Apparently, there are something worthy inside Kafra Shop this week, which may become pricey enough to land good zeny in the next month, and become price-stabled in the month after that.

Non Kafra wise, farming Christmas Event hats? I want one btw..been trying for like 4 times now, and all I got is music box in a row.

..but, well, an xmas song during WOE isn't bad thing at all..

#16 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

I've sold like $800 worth of UGC in game, and got added by most of the customer as a trusted-seller so far, it's best that you do it on main, check ROPD, trade as folllow : code-zeny-code-zeny, small amount at a time, and you are good.

#17 EiyuuDensetsu

EiyuuDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:07 AM

It's simple, I repeat myself over and over again. *sigh*

You start off small. you pick everything and I mean EVERYTHING up from monster drops. you might need to make a Merchant to OVERCHARGE items to the NPCs. you can on average, if you really go for it make around 300-400k a day at lower levels. (about 80+)  I was able to do this on a Wizard pre-renewal too, so it can be done. sometimes more expensive items drop and you can make zeny from that.

all you have to do is save up, then get yourself some equipment that's a little better than the Eden group freebies. improve your equipment one item at a time. then sell that one you replaced to put back into your funds.

Once you have yourself equipment that's ok for levelling, then start to slowly upgrade it. make it all +4 to begin with. Then slowly try to make it +7.

It's mostly about making something better for yourself, then trying to recover as much as you can from the items you replace. eventually once you get the hang of it it will become easy for you. once you get all the "end game" items you want for your character, the zeny you make just piles up.

Then you can move on to buying and selling. there is also something with WoE investments, but I haven't looked into it. so you might want to research that too.

One last thing, you can do what a lot of people do and that's farm Eden Merit Badges. 8 of those can be exchanged for 1 Magical Stone which can be sold for around 7 million zeny.

I don't think picking up EVERYTHING is a good way to save up...

To get rich, you want to level up a character as fast as possible and then you can get various ways to earn money.

If you can't level up fast, then you can make several characters to do low TI and earn magical stones.

After that, people can start playing the market to increase zeny pool.

#18 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

I've sold like $800 worth of UGC in game, and got added by most of the customer as a trusted-seller so far, it's best that you do it on main, check ROPD, trade as folllow : code-zeny-code-zeny, small amount at a time, and you are good.

What do you mean by code-zeny-code-zeny? You give the code first before you get the zeny? :mellow:

#19 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

What do you mean by code-zeny-code-zeny? You give the code first before you get the zeny? :mellow:

Yes, I often do about $10 or $20 each, to minimizel loss if there is, ofc. Though that was for the first few times, or with strangers, my buyers are often familiar faces on the forums so I'm not really worrying about it.

Edited by iDaehyun, 20 December 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#20 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

I don't think picking up EVERYTHING is a good way to save up...

To get rich, you want to level up a character as fast as possible and then you can get various ways to earn money.

If you can't level up fast, then you can make several characters to do low TI and earn magical stones.

After that, people can start playing the market to increase zeny pool.

Levelling up fast does NOT always equal get rich quick. Picking up items is the way to go for lower levels when you are starting up. Once you have a solid base and decent gears THEN you can go level as fast as u want for the MVP/et/instances to make money.

also DON'T DO EVERYTHING ALONE. Unless ur that kinda person who is willing to break neck to get everything alone then go for it. But if you aren't, join a guild, make friends and take a stab at it together.

I made most of my money doing mvps and et with my guild when I first started.

Edited by Quazera, 20 December 2013 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users