Leveling Beyond 99 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Leveling Beyond 99

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

All I've been doing is mobbing at Medusa's and Nogg Road while doing the turn-in's and I'm about to hit 108 soon. I've been at this for weeks for about a hour or two a day with the occasional Gramps TI and haven't gotten anywhere really. Is not having access to VIP and Battle Manuals that huge a deal breaker?

Meanwhile there's this Guillotine Cross in my guild right? Just 2 weeks ago he was a level 98 Assassin.

Now he's a level 136 G.Cross.

I dunno how people do it... 

T_T

#2 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

VIP and manuals are a big thing, sad to say.

#3 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

yuuup....... especially with 2x going on right now... u are missing out man

#4 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Pretty much.

VIP + 2x XP + x3 BM will get you WAY ahead compared to just 2x XP.

You'll be way behind.

My advice? Make a gen, do instances and such for easy OCAs and ET: Make mad cash -> Buy BMx3 and WPE codes for VIP to level other characters

#5 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

vip IS that big of a difference. freebies really get screwed in this game pretty hard

#6 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

That is kind of the point though. Playing for free just shows you how fun the game can be and teases you into buying VIP. Then you get VIP and realize you can never go back. :heh:

#7 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

I made an Alchemist almost 2 weeks ago, but leveling him is extremely boring, and I really don't want to put up with leveling to 99 twice on him. I've already decided Mechanic is the only class for me. Nothing else appeals to me. I'm sure Gen is God Tier and all, but I like the classic Battle Smith gameplay combined with the Mechanic's new offensive skills too much. I thought once I got a few more job levels I'd reset and get some Mado skills, but now I'm not even sure what good it'll do when I'm still leveling at a snails pace.

I want to be useful to my guild for WoE, but at the rate I'm going, it's gonna take me nearly a year to hit 150 if I'm only able to get barely a level each week. And by then we could have the level cap increase... fffffffffffff.

So I guess it's VIP and Battle Manual or bust huh?

Edited by RunningWild, 20 December 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#8 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

If you're leveling this slow now, its gonna be hell when you get to 130+

You're also seriously gimping yourself playing only 1 class but hey whatever floats your boat.

#9 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

I've tried playing other classes, but none of them are fun to me. I really don't want to play a class that doesn't get fun until 3rd class time . Likewise I don't want to play a class that's fun for awhile then becomes boring later. I've had that happen to me too many times already. 

Honestly I have the worst case of OCD, and can't bother to cater to multiple characters. I just want to focus on 1 character. It's really frustrating though how slow the leveling progress is since I started leveling over 99. And it's only gonna get worse. And worse. And worse. It's like, sure I can do some Gramps TI, but I only get about 10% for the turn in, and it can take a hour or longer to complete depending on how the party is and the current mobs that are in, on top of that I may lose experience from dying while trying to complete it. More often than not, it's not worth doing at all and I can get that 10% on my own in almost half the time doing Nogg Road + Level 100+ Eden Turn In with no fear of dying.

#10 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:33 PM

VIP is really the main thing.... you can level without BMx3s just fine... we have 2x exp event every few weeks it seems... but nothing beats the Death Penalty of VIP vs Non-VIP... 1% is rough at high levels but 3% is BRUTAL.....

#11 Celgaming

Celgaming

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

I made an Alchemist almost 2 weeks ago, but leveling him is extremely boring, and I really don't want to put up with leveling to 99 twice on him. I've already decided Mechanic is the only class for me. Nothing else appeals to me. I'm sure Gen is God Tier and all, but I like the classic Battle Smith gameplay combined with the Mechanic's new offensive skills too much. I thought once I got a few more job levels I'd reset and get some Mado skills, but now I'm not even sure what good it'll do when I'm still leveling at a snails pace.

I want to be useful to my guild for WoE, but at the rate I'm going, it's gonna take me nearly a year to hit 150 if I'm only able to get barely a level each week. And by then we could have the level cap increase... fffffffffffff.

So I guess it's VIP and Battle Manual or bust huh?

Yeah sadly that's how it is. The exp rewards from the Eden group quests are retarded and counter-intuitive.

For example the 91~99 boards (on 3 hour cooldown tho) give MORE Job EXP than the 101+ quests and almost equal EXP (though they have 1 hour cooldown but are in much harder locations and harder to kill).

Whoever got to decide the experience rewards doesn't understand how much experience is required to level (or they understood it perfectly). Experience needed to level goes up exponentially but given experience doesn't.

Example level 101~110 Eden Group quest:

Carat x 30 Base Exp 154000 Job Exp 148000

Here's the level 91~99 one:

Dark Priest x 30 Base Exp 146000 Job Exp 311000

To go up from level   91  to  92 you need 2,040,000 Experience Points.

To go up from level 101 to 102 you need 7,400,000 Experience Points.

To go up from level 111 to 112 you need 12,930,000 Experience Points.

etc.

Then again this game is setup in a way that not everybody makes it to max level. That's just how it is. Many quit before they get even close. They get that realization that it's simple not worth the mindless mind numbing repetitive leveling since there's no real end-game apart from WoE, which is also broken too thanks to MVP cards in the mix.

This is a very old school KOREAN GRINDFEST to its truest word. It was designed for Koreans who love to grind till they die of old age and not for people like us and this is something the staff knows well and why we have so so so SO MANY cash shop exp boosting items. 

Here are some exp tables http://irowiki.org/wiki/Base_EXP_Chart

You'll quickly see why it gets ridiculous the higher you go since it exponentially increases how much experience you need but monsters don't change that much. Also it's easier before level 100 to kill monsters 10 levels higher (you get more % exp this way) than you and after 100 that can mean your death.

Also the BIGGEST difference isn't VIP status, it's: Classes. Some kill stuff ridiculously easy with very cheap gear (Ranger) while some will find grouping to be the only way (Bishop) and some need billions in gear to solo (everyone else but Ranger).

Hope this helped.

(made this kinda quickly, added in some math stuff and numbers to help illustrate my point)

Edited by Celgaming, 20 December 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#12 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

What's really sad is if I was playing more Korean Dungeon Fighter instead of Ragnarok Online, I could of already had two maxed out level 85 characters by now lol.

T_T

Oh well, at least I'm not playing on Classic RO anymore... the exp chart on that version is even more ridiculous.

#13 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

What's really sad is if I was playing more Korean Dungeon Fighter instead of Ragnarok Online, I could of already had two maxed out level 85 characters by now lol.

T_T

Oh well, at least I'm not playing on Classic RO anymore... the exp chart on that version is even more ridiculous.

Ridiculous, yes. And I had to bear with that years ago. Reaching level 99 was a really REALLY big achievement that everyone in school who plays RO knows about it. :lol:

#14 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Yeah I remember, and I played way before there was this monster called "Anubis" or there was a such thing as Taekwon Masters leeching at Thor's. Never did hit 99 though... T_T

Yup, it was bathories or seals all day.

Edited by RunningWild, 20 December 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#15 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Yeah I remember, and I played way before there was this monster called "Anubis" or there was a such thing as Taekwon Masters leeching at Thor's. Never did hit 99 though... T_T

Yup, it was bathories or seals all day.

No Thor's yet and whatnot when I was playing High Priest. I was in GH Churchyard all day, or in GH Castle or Chivalry of I'm lucky enough to find a partymate. Priest days were party runs in Clock Tower basement 2F (High Orcs). Ohh the good (?) ol' days. :lol:

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

If you buy wpe with zeny from a trustworthy friend, you can do the 1500 kp + vip deal, sell back out some kp items, and you have vip for "free" almost.

The turn in system almost encourages leveling several characters at once on the same account. You can just do the turn in once a day and then play another character on your account. Every class has their strengths and weaknesses, and you won't get the full RO gameplay experience if you don't play a different class.

#17 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

The turn in system almost encourages leveling several characters at once on the same account. You can just do the turn in once a day and then play another character on your account. Every class has their strengths and weaknesses, and you won't get the full RO gameplay experience if you don't play a different class.

Why would i want to spend all day doing turn in's on multiple characters (Especially if it's a Mid TI)? Sure Edgen Badges are nice, but that's not what I really need at this point of the game.

Turn In's are the biggest pile of -_- this game has to offer.

I already got the "full RO gameplay experience", minus WoE+PvP, which I can't really do properly unless I hit a high level.

Edited by RunningWild, 20 December 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#18 Liquer

Liquer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Oh wow, I didn't know you were the same running wild that played DFO before they closed it. VIP and 3XBM really makes a difference, with a 3xbm, vip and this exp event I was level from 105-110 in about an hour at magma 2 on my gene.

#19 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Seriously? Maybe I need to consider VIP then... and grabbing a x3BM or two. >_>

I just wanna hit a decent enough level so I can take on Rachel Sanctuary. That's my favorite dungeon.

Edited by RunningWild, 20 December 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#20 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

The thing I have always found is there is kinda a little "No mans land" between level 101 - 125 between that it seems to be the longest and hardest point to level. It's where I tend to get lazy and stop playing so much because I don't see an effect in experience (like OP stated) just seems so little exp for quite a lot of effort. after that though, it seems to be better.

I'm currently in the "No mans land" section of my Super Novice right now. Which is 117. :p_omg:  but! My friend who is making/playing a Ranger right now, likes to play in other maps! Which is good news for me, so I play with him a lot right now!

Just hang in there, it will get better! :p_love:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users