It's time for a new Endless Tower already! Come on GM team! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

It's time for a new Endless Tower already! Come on GM team!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 chaletamale

chaletamale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

It really can't be that hard to create a new endless tower. Just replicate the same map but change the mobs that you put on it and add a new warp npc to take us there. This game needs more endgame content, and quite frankly, I think everyone's sick of running the same ET over and over. I understand that we can't get any new content for the game, so why not update the content that IS in to tide us over?

Some suggestions for new mvps:

floor 5 eddga

floor 10 lady tanee

floor 15 hatii

floor 20 leak

floor 25 stormy knight

floor 30 tao gunka 

floor 35 boitata

floor 40 Lord of the Dead + Dracula

floor 45 gopinch

floor 50 ktullanux

floor 55 RSX 0806

floor 60 Kiel D-01

floor 65 Vesper

floor 70 Gloom Under Night

floor 75 Queen Scaraba

floor 80 Detardeurus

floor 85 Buwaya

floor 90 Gypsy Trentini

floor 95 Paladin Randall

roof Kraken

boss chamber Satan Morroc

Edited by chaletamale, 22 December 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#2 Krystabelle

Krystabelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

I like the idea.. Then all the good mvp cards price will drop... /GG

#3 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

lol.... this is going to be easier than current one.. ><" but It's all good mvps :p_hi:  :p_hi:  :p_hi: .. and save more time..  :p_love:  :p_love:  :p_love:

#4 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Champion endless tower:
floor 1 orc hero
Floor 2-100: poring the conqueror with plant def and biolab mvps commanded by beelzebub

#5 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

yea it would be easier than the current one. But i think it's a nice idea of introducing new MVP's. Could even add two versions of ET, so the player can pick which one he/she wants to play on.

#6 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

http://forums.warppo...opic/122733-et/

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about instances like Endless Tower. Sometimes I feel like it's a good thing but sometimes it hurts the game more. End game gears becomes so cheap it's hardly worth the effort to go for the real thing at it's natural spawn anymore, such as like variants shoe, valk armor and the like. It also hurts real map a huge deal. I don't see people going to Nameless to farm Orlean Gowns anymore because of how often they put Banshee in TIs.

If anything else I think they should just introduce more contents, more new MVPs around real maps and instances like Buwaya or Bakonawa that has a long cool down. A week or a month even. Considering how there are so many players with so many genes to farm these instances, our server is way imbalance compared to others, having over saturated  amount of gears and MVPs.

Something like this does perk my interest and I hope the rewards would be good enough for parties to do these instance more regularly. Only thing is not sure when we will be getting it.

http://live.afreeca....BbsNo=11682844

We also get so much double drops everything is easily farmable. Heck even with the current ET people can solo or dual it to the end of it.

However, I also understand that the game is in need of new content to keep players interested. So I'm not entirely against a new ET. You would hurt the game either way with no new content, it's just a matter of which one hurts it more I guess. @@

#7 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

http://forums.warppo...opic/122733-et/

To be honest, I have mixed feelings about instances like Endless Tower. Sometimes I feel like it's a good thing but sometimes it hurts the game more. End game gears becomes so cheap it's hardly worth the effort to go for the real thing at it's natural spawn anymore, such as like variants shoe, valk armor and the like. It also hurts real map a huge deal. I don't see people going to Nameless to farm Orlean Gowns anymore because of how often they put Banshee in TIs.

If anything else I think they should just introduce more contents, more new MVPs around real maps and instances like Buwaya or Bakonawa that has a long cool down. A week or a month even. Considering how there are so many players with so many genes to farm these instances, our server is way imbalance compared to others, having over saturated  amount of gears and MVPs.

Something like this does perk my interest and I hope the rewards would be good enough for parties to do these instance more regularly. Only thing is not sure when we will be getting it.

http://live.afreeca....BbsNo=11682844

We also get so much double drops everything is easily farmable. Heck even with the current ET people can solo or dual it to the end of it.

However, I also understand that the game is in need of new content to keep players interested. So I'm not entirely against a new ET. You would hurt the game either way with no new content, it's just a matter of which one hurts it more I guess. @@

so true.... I feel the same as you feel... 

#8 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

I see alot of ppl farmed items been replaced already.

Soon it'll be to log in do ti and log out.

#9 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but iRO does not create new content.

#10 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

Interesting Buwaya mvp on level 85 /slur

#11 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:00 AM

Not sure if you're aware of it or not, but iRO does not create new content.

This! ....

#12 kerolneko

kerolneko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

jRO has a players custom made ET-like instance called Adventure Tower (although its only limited time as part of their 11th anniversary celebration)

ref:

http://ragnarokonlin...etower2013.html

#13 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

instead of thinking of some new ass content have gravity or GM team get us the old updates from kro already

how many years are we behind now?

#14 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:57 AM

End game gears becomes so cheap it's hardly worth the effort to go for the real thing at it's natural spawn anymore

I don't see people going to Nameless to farm Orlean Gowns anymore because of how often they put Banshee in TIs.

people dont go to the real spawns anymore because its annoying as -_- having to compete against god itemed out genetics for the mvp. 

people dont go to nameless because its one of the worst quests in the entire game to do. its far easier just to buy the item off other players than to do that -_-

would be nice if they COULD introduce new mvps and content, but they dont have it and warp portal isnt capable of drawing mvp sprites and creating skills n stuff =p

the main draw to ET is that it is a guild effort that guilds have to look forward to each week. it unifies players and makes this game fun to play. it also gives players something to strive towards. theres really nothing else in the game worth doing for most people that arnt into pvp. theres biolabs, but those are kind of annoying due to monsters being insanely OP and killing most players in 1 hit. 

Edited by killedbytofu, 23 December 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#15 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

What's this about adding new content, they only have  to change what MvPs spawn in what floor :v

#16 Aesthetisch

Aesthetisch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

I like the idea of the alternate instance but I have a feeling that would be quickly rejected.. Randomizing the mvps would be fun (for some lol) just so they aren't always on the same floors every time.

or adding some floors /hmm

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

It really can't be that hard to create a new endless tower. Just replicate the same map but change the mobs that you put on it and add a new warp npc to take us there. This game needs more endgame content, and quite frankly, I think everyone's sick of running the same ET over and over. I understand that we can't get any new content for the game, so why not update the content that IS in to tide us over?

Some suggestions for new mvps:

floor 5 eddga

floor 10 lady tanee

floor 15 hatii

floor 20 leak

floor 25 stormy knight

floor 30 tao gunka 

floor 35 boitata

floor 40 Lord of the Dead + Dracula

floor 45 gopinch

floor 50 ktullanux

floor 55 RSX 0806

floor 60 Kiel D-01

floor 65 Vesper

floor 70 Gloom Under Night

floor 75 Queen Scaraba

floor 80 Detardeurus

floor 85 Buwaya

floor 90 Gypsy Trentini

floor 95 Paladin Randall

roof Kraken

boss chamber Satan Morroc

-1, you just want to farm MVPs...

#18 NosferatuZodd

NosferatuZodd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

HELL NO. Most of the MVPs that you listed drops rare gears(BigXBow,HF,Diabolus gears,etc). If they put these in ET, the price of these gears will drop significantly, to the point that its not even worth to hunt them for zeny -_- .

#19 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

people dont go to the real spawns anymore because its annoying as -_- having to compete against god itemed out genetics for the mvp. 

people dont go to nameless because its one of the worst quests in the entire game to do. its far easier just to buy the item off other players than to do that -_-

would be nice if they COULD introduce new mvps and content, but they dont have it and warp portal isnt capable of drawing mvp sprites and creating skills n stuff =p

the main draw to ET is that it is a guild effort that guilds have to look forward to each week. it unifies players and makes this game fun to play. it also gives players something to strive towards. theres really nothing else in the game worth doing for most people that arnt into pvp. theres biolabs, but those are kind of annoying due to monsters being insanely OP and killing most players in 1 hit. 

You see, that's the point of the game. The quests is to slow you down than speed up on reaching end game, and having absolutely nothing left to do in game. Some MVPs shouldn't be touched just so their rares are kept rare and valuable. And believe me, I know several genes that find competing with other genes to kill MVP fun. If you are going to ruin every MVP for them they probably have nothing left that they find interesting and exciting to do anymore in game. MVP competition is like WoE/ PVP to some, and there are times it stirs drama between people and some people enjoy that.

ET has already hindered a lot of MVPs drops, but the moment you put Boitata and Gloom into MVP, there goes the Hurricane Fury drops too and you are going to see it drop like Twin Edge Swords. Is it a good thing? Yes for people who just want to reach end game fast and get over it, No for the server as a whole because nothing is worth competing over anymore. And even more reason for real maps to die.

As for guild effort event to look forward each week, there are a lot of instances in game you can still try. You aren't just locked down to ET. Try the Port Malaya instances, Bio labs, etc. 

Edited by WarlockFier, 23 December 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#20 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

HELL NO. Most of the MVPs that you listed drops rare gears(BigXBow,HF,Diabolus gears,etc). If they put these in ET, the price of these gears will drop significantly, to the point that its not even worth to hunt them for zeny -_- .

this game isnt all about money bro. its not called 'Econorok Online: the banking continues'. its supposed to be about fun and gameplay. 

#21 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

How about for ET runs, because there are so many MVP's in it, DOUBLING the HP for the MVP's. at least double anyway. It should be a team effort in ET. Not a solo'ers paradise. the last few floors should be SUPER hard. to make a 12 man party all the more worth while!. yes, I have done ET runs, but it's really quite easy. Me being the Ranger, Clear out each room before the MVP, stand back, then let the RG/RK/Sura tank the MVP AB heal and Gene kill it with bombs.

Make it harder! Nightmare ET! People should fear it! XD

#22 TheGull

TheGull

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

A true "Endless" Tower:

Floor 1-99: 50 Black Mushroom, 50 Red Mushroom

Every 5 floors: 20+'FloorLv' Shining Plants (as a boss fight) in addition to the 100 mushrooms (i.e.: At floor 55, 20+55 = 75 Shining Plants, plus 50 Black Mushrooms and 50 Red Mushrooms)

Floor 100: 2 Geographers that take only 1 damage per attack

All skills disabled, including autocasting.

Good luck.

#23 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Well, kRO update (Verus update) have new version of ET. They have local islands MvP such as Leak etc. But... only God knows when we will receive that update :P.

#24 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

jRO has a players custom made ET-like instance called Adventure Tower (although its only limited time as part of their 11th anniversary celebration)

ref:

jRO is at liberty, because despite the game originally being made by Koreans, they own big part of the publisher(Gungho).

#25 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

There's also another update that summons MVP's in juperos apparently. 

I dunno, a few months ago i'd probably be like yes new ET but now that I think about it i'd rather have new content faster than the devs puzzling over this however i think that if we were to have something like this then we should follow jRO and implement it as an event instance for one time only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users