My view on how easy the game has become - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

My view on how easy the game has become

7 replies to this topic

#1 7034130818020750223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

First, this is just what I think. Opinions are widely varied, but I'm pretty sure this right here is the issue for why the game has lost most of its challenge after the patch.

Look at your old gear versus the new gear.

Currently, there is zero reason to use the new gear except for experimentation. Sure you might gain a stat or two, and the def is -amazingly- higher, but you lose so much padding compared to the older gear.

Example

Menace Tunic Gloves:72 str, 51 vit, 388 def, 56 crit, 100 haste, one rune slot

HV Tunic Gloves: 70 str, 30 agi, 21 wis, 89 vit, 179 def, 21 hit, 158 vigor, one rune slot.

Sure, the new gear gives you more armor, and slightly more damage output via the strength, but you lose 570 hp base, along with crit score, accuracy, dodge, and sp pool. And with the way seemingly all gear works that has a ML requirement, stats are slightly higher per piece, but only certain pieces have that stat. (also lower damage on the weapons. I mean... the ML11 rogue blue dagger is over 100 base damage lower than the honor knightage one, come on) I get the distinct feeling that the stats were not looked at in comparison to anything but each other in the new, post-ML world, and not at the older gear which in many situations far outstrips it. This also explains the plainly disgusting amount of hp anyone has, as not all ML gear gives vit, but all pre-Morroc gear does. And since most people continue to wear the pre-Morroc stat gear, they have far too much standing vit to make anything a challenge, up to and including Morroc itself.

The best way to fix this, and yes people will hate me for this but if you want a game to be stupidly easy there's private servers somewhere, is change the pre-ML gear to have the same stat setup as the Master gear. Four stats per item (maybe more, depending on the piece) instead of six or seven, less floating vitality, more heavy thought required on building your character. Personally, as soon as I can make/afford a full set of the rogue gear, I'm going to switch to it, because I want the pure challenge of taking on the harder areas with less padding.

#2 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Master gear = specialization gear.  Stats seem fine to me.

I would like to see more specialized gear, so you can choose to make a glass cannon dps, a super tank, pro healer, etc.  But each one would have it's own weaknesses.

#3 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

First off; never compare BLUE gear to PURPLE gear. Even if the blue gear is 10 levels ahead, the purple gear tends to be better in most aspects. It's the same for green gear. When I was leveling to 50, I sometimes kept blue gear, even if it was 10 levels below the level I was at, because I couldn't get current-level dungeon gear, and the green gear of my level lacked desirable stats (such as Haste and Vigor).

Crecentia Gear is one I've calculated myself. Regarding the new gear, we lose Hit completely (which was a 1:1 ratio for our Wis on previous gear), but we gain Critical (at a 1:1 ratio for Agi), as well as gain Agi. A lot of our stats take a hit in comparison to older gear, but many others are boosted.

Fact is, though; I'm not sure which is actually better, since the new stat system is very iffy. :p_err:

Note: My calculations for total Attack Power and Magic Power are approximate, and they are based around the current stat system, since Ignition isn't actually working at the moment.

Spoiler

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 28 December 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#4 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

the game has lost most of its challenge after the patch.

And yet it's still impossible to find a pug group that isn't using the loop bug on Maya. ;_;

#5 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

I thought people were complaining about how hard the dayr mobs were

#6 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I thought people were complaining about how hard the dayr mobs were

They're pretty easy. The EXP they give kinda sucks, though.

#7 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

come, lets pick a date & time we go AoD Hard Mode playground using only Tier 1 Gears and below.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 29 December 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#8 Valkayre

Valkayre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew World, S Texas District
  • Server:Odin Ch.15 ~ Alberta

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

I started playing 2 weeks before the AoV.
Now, my sin feels so overpowered after the update. I haven't faced a real challenge on a Dungeon or Boss..yet. That's not what I want because it is going to bore me so bad. :(

Edited by Valkayre, 29 December 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users