Why is there not a Leveled PVP section? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why is there not a Leveled PVP section?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 grandtrismo

grandtrismo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

All i want to know is why is there not a level based pvp section along with the Open FFA level 150 vs. level 10 ( not realistic but it could happen.)

There is almost no fun in PVP if you aren't maxed. and even then 150 pvp is boring. level 99 pvp is way more fun. so why is there no level based PVP??

i mean don't get me wrong i love playing my low level(99 and under) and killing 150's its actually really funny, but still why can't there be a level system? we have levels for a reason. 

Or even a section where the low levels can go into a high level place and watch fights, but still can't be attacked by a WAY higher level. But wait what if the low level wants to fight a high level? could they add a fight system? Where it asks you to fight? 

#2 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Trans only pvp plz~

but then again I'm sure someone is gonna go ahead and say "why you no go classic?"

#3 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

It would be nice to see more pvp rooms added.  FFA is boring and GvG rooms are almost never used.  Seeing level based rooms or private rooms (with timers) would be a nice addition.

#4 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Why you no go classic?

#5 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1811 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

GG

ps: PvP "Training" Edition

#6 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

I actually checked the PvP rooms for the first time and I was surprised to see that the other PvP rooms are now gone. Why?

#7 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

because there isnt enough interest in pvp for the rooms to ever open. they need to completely overhaul the entire pvp system before opening more rooms.

why is pvp dead?

-no respawn point IN the pvp room. being ejected entirely from the pvp room is a complete burn and massive turn off. who the -_- wants to keep running back and spending money because some annoying rich kids trolled them

-overgeared players using items that should be blocked from pvp use. most private servers ban mvp cards from pvp, but not iRO. they like letting rich kids stomp all over anyone that cant defend themselves

-cheaters using dual clients to buff and protect themselves

-cheaters using autopotion third party programs to make themselves 'invincible'

-bullies forming parties to gang up on individual players just trying to have fun (parties should be blocked from FFA pvp)

-absolutely TERRIBLE pvp maps that have no functionality as a pvp environment. gravity was too lazy to just design some combat maps, so they picked random towns that are either too big or too open for pvp combat. its really sad that its been a full decade now and they still have the same pvp maps as the day they put pvp in

with all these problems, why would anyone in their right mind want to que up pvp? (other then gear-maxed players looking to power abuse)

#8 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

I can still PVP on trans chars.

#9 Boltkiller

Boltkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

There is a lvl 99 swordman that owns in pvp, he can tank, and kill 3rd jobs without mercy 

http://ropd.info/?na...vel&dir=asc&s=7

#10 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

watch out for those super novices yo

#11 grandtrismo

grandtrismo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

because there isnt enough interest in pvp for the rooms to ever open. they need to completely overhaul the entire pvp system before opening more rooms.

why is pvp dead?

-no respawn point IN the pvp room. being ejected entirely from the pvp room is a complete burn and massive turn off. who the -_- wants to keep running back and spending money because some annoying rich kids trolled them

-overgeared players using items that should be blocked from pvp use. most private servers ban mvp cards from pvp, but not iRO. they like letting rich kids stomp all over anyone that cant defend themselves

-cheaters using autopotion third party programs to make themselves 'invincible'

-bullies forming parties to gang up on individual players just trying to have fun (parties should be blocked from FFA pvp)

-absolutely TERRIBLE pvp maps that have no functionality as a pvp environment. gravity was too lazy to just design some combat maps, so they picked random towns that are either too big or too open for pvp combat. its really sad that its been a full decade now and they still have the same pvp maps as the day they put pvp in

with all these problems, why would anyone in their right mind want to que up pvp? (other then gear-maxed players looking to power abuse)

I really get what your saying but PVP is not dead lol, i am there all the time, and constantly seeing new people. Also if there was a Level based system i think more people would join, because your absolutely right when you say people "cheat/ Way to rich for there own good", and plus most people who are that rich are not even that good. i can kill people who are maxed on my level 95( with no gear on)( stalker). 

#12 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

^Cuz Rapid Throw is broken

#13 grandtrismo

grandtrismo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

^Cuz Rapid Throw is broken

its not broken it does what it skills says it does. it just takes a lot of practice to get the hit right.

#14 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

No it doesn't, its pretty ez to use.

#15 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

its not broken it does what it skills says it does. it just takes a lot of practice to get the hit right.

Chasers/stalkers hit the same amount as ninjas when they shouldn't. You do realize that DTP affects the damage? Not having DTP would cut the damage by half but since it doesn't, umm yea broken lol.

And wut practice? All u have to do is fire it around ur target. Only depends on whether or not u have good aim to deal with moving targets.

Anyway before this turns into another RT topic, just gonna say that in terms of the original topic about not having a level based system, idk doesn't really matter to me since I only step into pvp as much as solar eclipses happen. It was funny though seeing much lower levels killing 150 players, and without the use of broken stuff like Rapid Throw I mean. Best one i remember was with my friend and his 190 aspd melee linker giving Kaite to people doing like 4k per hit (before them woe sets) and hit locking em lol. So epic :D

Edited by GinaKay, 25 December 2013 - 10:57 PM.

#16 GunbladeWielder

GunbladeWielder

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

why is pvp dead?

Such a silly gripe, dual clienting isn't illegal and imo you should have a good enough pc to run RO twice. otherwise get a friend or guildmate to buff and protect you.

#17 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Such a silly gripe, dual clienting isn't illegal and imo you should have a good enough pc to run RO twice. otherwise get a friend or guildmate to buff and protect you.

not illegal, but if you arnt good enough to 1 on 1 someone without the use of a dual cliented pocket healer/KE'er/safetywaller/kaahi'er/etcetc then you just plain suck

#18 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

There used to be loads of rooms for varying different levels. But I think they got took out due to them being so unpopular. I don't like PVP haven't done for a long time. I very rarely go in. As soon as I do, I'm instantly targeted by a group of people. It's the same as me going into a WoE castle with a full guild precast on a level 10 novice. ain't never gonna happen.

Perhaps a balancing act would be needed. I don't know. But even when testing things with friends, you just get wiped out straight away.

The saying goes, "Put up with it, or don't go" it's the option I take. :P

Maybe an "instance" type PVP room would be nice. or have a spectator mode XD (other than being dead)

#19 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

There used to be loads of rooms for varying different levels. But I think they got took out due to them being so unpopular. I don't like PVP haven't done for a long time. I very rarely go in. As soon as I do, I'm instantly targeted by a group of people. It's the same as me going into a WoE castle with a full guild precast on a level 10 novice. ain't never gonna happen.

Perhaps a balancing act would be needed. I don't know. But even when testing things with friends, you just get wiped out straight away.

The saying goes, "Put up with it, or don't go" it's the option I take. :P

Maybe an "instance" type PVP room would be nice. or have a spectator mode XD (other than being dead)

I don't like these too. And this jerks just reason out "YOU DON'T BELONG IN PVP IF YOU'RE WEAK. NOT OUR PROBLEM."

Some also reason out "THE REASON WHY YOU'RE IN PVP IS TO KILL! SO YOU GET IN THEN WE KILL YOU" when they're with other OP people (not their partymates, just in-game friends) who are also hanging out in the PvP room. They should just kill each other then. It's PvP anyway.

#20 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I've always claimed it's MOBvP Mob Vs Player. it seems to be the case when I get in there at least.

#21 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

Frankly, I'd enjoy occasional PvP as a diversion from level grinding, but it's no use (or fun) to be steamrolled by people who totally outclass you.

Level-based PvP would be highly desirable to me. I don't mind fighting someone within a certain range of my own level, but that range has to be something like "within 10-15 levels" (I am level 40-something),

not "within 100 levels".

PvP can be an enjoyable aspect to what is already a wide and rich game, but without the opportunity for equalized play, it becomes nothing more than a loitering ground for tough guys who enjoy the lack of challenge in beating the tar out of weaker people.

An open-level "all players" PvP area should still exist, but for that to be the only option makes about as much sense as filling a newbie map with MVPs and telling new players to "get out there and level and enjoy the game!"

Edited by jenkat, 26 December 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#22 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

I don't like these too. And this jerks just reason out "YOU DON'T BELONG IN PVP IF YOU'RE WEAK. NOT OUR PROBLEM."

Some also reason out "THE REASON WHY YOU'RE IN PVP IS TO KILL! SO YOU GET IN THEN WE KILL YOU" when they're with other OP people (not their partymates, just in-game friends) who are also hanging out in the PvP room. They should just kill each other then. It's PvP anyway.

The saying goes, "Put up with it, or don't go" it's the option I take.  :P

this is why the games population is only 4000 instead of 10,000+ (most of which are bots and afk merchants). people get to 150 and theres nothing to do. this game treats players like -_- and caters to the super leet only, so the casual playerbase quits and then warp portal makes no money to buy updates from kro, so we stay 2 years in the dark ages of ragnarok instead of thriving and up to date. they refuse to budge on the issue of fixing the blatantly obvious things wrong with pvp so that all can enjoy it, and keep losing more and more players.

if youre gonna base the majority of a games endgame on pvp games, than you better make sure EVERYONE can enjoy them or you wont have a game

#23 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

Implying getting to 150 is super ez on any other server.

#24 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

this is why the games population is only 4000 instead of 10,000+ (most of which are bots and afk merchants). people get to 150 and theres nothing to do. this game treats players like -_- and caters to the super leet only, so the casual playerbase quits and then warp portal makes no money to buy updates from kro, so we stay 2 years in the dark ages of ragnarok instead of thriving and up to date. they refuse to budge on the issue of fixing the blatantly obvious things wrong with pvp so that all can enjoy it, and keep losing more and more players.

if youre gonna base the majority of a games endgame on pvp games, than you better make sure EVERYONE can enjoy them or you wont have a game

The entirety of the game is not JUST PVP. I hate quests, I don't like to do quests. so I don't do them. (as much as possible) they frustrate me. I either get a friend to do it, do it reluctantly or don't bother.

The game isn't entirely catered to the "leet" 150's. there's lots to do. you can try a different class, different build of a class. explore different maps. collect items. the possibilities are endless. Unless you have checked off EVERYTHING to do in-game, you cannot say it's for a specific group of players.

I like the thrill of getting MVP. how am I able to achieve this? Not very well. It's a challenge.

150 Warlock

150 Sorcerer

150 Ranger

150 Guillotine Cross

150 Maestro.

99 Bio-Chemist

99 Bard

122 Arch Bishop

124 Super Novice.

(these are my characters)

Now, it's not easy to MVP on those characters (with the exception of the GX) but even then the GX isn't built that way. If I want to MVP all the time, I could go make a Geneticist.

PVP came a couple of years into RO. It wasn't there from the start. It came, was tested, then left for a year or so. then came back in permanently.

#25 grandtrismo

grandtrismo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:06 PM

Im not saying pvp isnt the only reason to play this game, because its not. BUT it is fun, as long as you fight someone your own skill. and yes a level system would make that better/ easier to get. Also its not that popular because everyone goes in gets 1 shot a by a sura thats been there all day long.I truely think pvp would be more fun and more popular if there was a level system. Maybe a dual system where you have to be asked to fight, or with in level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users