104 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

This maintenance is more about restarting the servers and apply machine updates.  So it should be a short maintenance without a new client patch.

Events that were set to expire today will continue to 8/1 Wednesday maintenance. 

• Stat/skill resetter  
  • Munil Exchanger
  • Current Phantom Pyramid
  • Holiday events as well.

We are working on a patch to address many of the points you have brought up such as caster balancing and some stats feeling "off" with the master update; as well as a few of the quests for 2nd job having some trouble.  That patch is going to try and be ready by January 8 maintenance.

If we do any skill/stat updates of significance we will make stat/skill resets available, as it is the fair thing to do.

#2 Brutha

Brutha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

We Luv You! :)

#3 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Opened.

#4 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

So... how does it feel to have broken your game beyond repair.

It's not WarpPortal that broke it. It was Gravity.

#5 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

It's not WarpPortal that broke it. It was Gravity.

True true, let me rephrase that. How does it feel to have been handed a broken game, and have to deal with all the current problems that have potentially lowered you game population indefinetly?

#6 fsior

fsior

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

I don't want to be throwin hate like everyone else, 18  friends of mine in game have already quit game for good because of these issues.

I myself am thinking about it cause of how horribly gimped the patch made my Wizard.

#7 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

True true, let me rephrase that. How does it feel to have been handed a broken game, and have to deal with all the current problems that have potentially lowered you game population indefinetly?

LOL. well played sir

Edited by KuroHono, 02 January 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#8 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:17 AM

W3tDqCN.png?1

Such impatience, why post this in a topic where Heim is simply telling us that the problems won't be fixed this maintenance until next maintenance?  It makes sense since the staff was on holiday break.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, the image could have been used properly in thousands of topics in the previous months, just not this one.

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 02 January 2014 - 03:18 AM.

#9 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

LOL. well played sir

<3 Meh I'm just mad Q_Q 

#10 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Such impatience, why post this in a topic where Heim is simply telling us that the problems won't be fixed this maintenance until next maintenance?  It makes sense since the staff was on holiday break.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, the image could have been used properly in thousands of topics in the previous months, just not this one.

Impatience, Pretty sure they released broken content early when majority of people were expecting master class's to be released in 2014, Impatient.

Edited by Fluidz, 02 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#11 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

Such impatience,

well don't be surprised... this game was broken for months and the AoV patch just made everything worse... people hoped that at least during holiday break they will be able to play FINALLY fixed RO2 but something way different happen... and now we must wait another week for fixes or even more bugs? what a joke

#12 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

<3 Meh I'm just mad Q_Q 

It's okay. I understand how a lot of people feel about this game <3

I haven't played this game in a while but I know a lot about the current issues. I'm still here because I kept a promise to someone.

Your best choices now is to hang onto dim hope or move onto another game. 

#13 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:23 AM

Impatience, Pretty sure they released broken content early when majority of people were expecting master class's to be released in 2014, Impatient.

Ah, see, there ya go, post that image in the patch notes for the early patch then.  I'mma go get into some other game for another week or so while waiting for Wednesday to pass my final judgement on whether I stay or go... gah why do I torture myself with these forums.

#14 Dijkstra99x

Dijkstra99x

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

Such impatience,

Playing since Beta phase some bugs still not fixed... and it's almost 1 year XD.  patience XD

putting the list of bug fixes but still they exist.

I don't blame  WP for this. Gravity hired a terrible group of Developers, maybe to lessen the budget in making of the game. 

I think they don't even hire a QA Game tester for this, they just implement right away and let the "costumer" suffers from it.

I experienced working in a software company if you have terrible developers that does not know how to do project timeline, costumer will go rage/impatience and that makes you bankrupt. 

Edited by Dijkstra99x, 02 January 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#15 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:26 AM

Ah, see, there ya go, post that image in the patch notes for the early patch then.  I'mma go get into some other game for another week or so while waiting for Wednesday to pass my final judgement on whether I stay or go... gah why do I torture myself with these forums.

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

Flatter yourself.

#16 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

It's okay. I understand how a lot of people feel about this game <3

I haven't played this game in a while but I know a lot about the current issues. I'm still here because I kept a promise to someone.

Your best choices now is to hang onto dim hope or move onto another game. 

Yeah me and quite a few guildies are playing blade and soul atm it's beautiful <3 but ro2 has this odd appeal that I just can't leave it and I have a promise also. When marriage system comes out me and my gf's characters have to get married lol

#17 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

Flatter yourself.

nice game, and still found no bugs ...

u are ranger, arn't you?

#18 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

Yeah me and quite a few guildies are playing blade and soul atm it's beautiful <3 but ro2 has this odd appeal that I just can't leave it and I have a promise also. When marriage system comes out me and my gf's characters have to get married lol

I woulda left this game completely a long time ago. But I gotta keep a promise x:

Waiting for Dark Souls 2 and Tales of Symphonia HD <3

#19 Yuushiro

Yuushiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

gonna extend my break then...everything depend on the next patch..

#20 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

nice game, and still found no bugs ...

u are ranger, arn't you?

In RO2 yes but in HKO Level 9000 Cat.

#21 Dijkstra99x

Dijkstra99x

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

In RO2 yes but in HKO Level 9000 Cat.

lol

#22 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

well i guess this was too be expected considering it was holiday break .

well hoping next maintenance fixes alot of these bugs..

though i wouldnt mind some free stat resets from kafra girl considering we need to figure out new builds .
since your extending the skill reset for another week put in some stat resets too .

please and thank you ^_^

#23 AngryKitty

AngryKitty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

If we do any skill/stat updates of significance we will make stat/skill resets available, as it is the fair thing to do.

Given the ablsoute loss of players due to an un announced change to the game, I highly reccommend making resets availible for ANY changes made.

If there is one thing MMO players hate is changes. Add-ons are good, but when you render everything senior players have done to be attainable by lvl 1 characters in a  matter of minutes, you are begging to kill your own game.

I've seen this happen before under SOE's wing with star wars galaxies. The bait a switched thier entire community with NGE (new game enhancements) and hid from everyone what they were going to do to the game until the release day. It was not welcomed warmly and the fact that people had played for years to become jedi and now people could just start as one, cause the game to completely die within 1-3 years.

approximately 75% of their community dissapeared within a week. A large portion filed a class action law suit, due to a patch they purchased the same day of the update, and the game was never the same.

I haven't the slightest why online game developers think that changing the game entirely will breathe new life and bring in more people. You kill off the majority of your existing fan base and enough bad word of moth gets around and it never really comes back.

I understand this game may be under contract to submit to the wil of gravity, but honestly, inform the community well in advance of MAJOR changes. Let us review them, we'l give you feed back (as you well know). Then after looking over the general acceptance of the product, decided whether or not to release it. You can't tell me it hasn't be done before. Gravity pushed back renewal countless times for RO 1 because they knew the majority of the community was not supportive of the idea. It wasn't until the game was F2P (or P2W) that they felt the players couldn't complain.

Patch notes mere minutes before the patch? Totally telegraphed that the community would not be happy with what would be done, whats left of it anyway.

I highly doubt this game will last too much longer. To big a change on too small a community. I will stay unitl the end, but i hope they reassign the Ro2 employees to another game rather than fire the lot of ya.

Edited by AngryKitty, 02 January 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#24 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

I'm a little confused by this update.  Should I be grabbing popcorn or a pitchfork?

#25 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Gravity ro2 is 2 years now :D. add the version of sea.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users