How CPU intensive is RO?
Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:44 AM
Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:55 AM
RO is coded with a lot of busy loops & polling, so it tends to use 1 CPU/core's worth of processor at all times.
It doesn't really "need" a lot of processor time though, especially if only vending, so if your laptop has an option to throttle back the CPU clock, that will help reduce the amount of waste heat generated.
Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:07 AM
I'm asking because I want to know if it would be safe to leave my laptop on all night vending or afking. I'm worried about it overheating. Does anyone have experience with this?
I play on my laptop, on 2-3 RO clients, for up to 10 hour straight.
I also leave it overnight sometimes (Homunculus AFK / Vending).
Never had a problem with overheating. (I hope I don't jinx myself )
Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:18 AM
While ro used to pin cpu usage, the past few generations of processors have finally outrun the ability ro to use them - on my desktop, it runs a core at 70% (phenom II x6, top bin, ), while new laptop with Haswell processor, it's using only about 25% of a core. (11-12% total cpu use on 6 core desktop, 6-7% on 4 core laptop)
Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:15 PM
1) Mouse freedom - in window mode you can freely move mouse cursor out of RO.
2) RO window can be set to any size and to be borderless or always on top.
3) Key remapping - 4 extra direct keys for skills, access for all 3 skill sets without /bm and ability to use skills from 3-5'th mouse buttons.
4) CPU usage reducing features - for better multiclient performance.
5) Overriding used codepage - allow client to be truly international and support all languages.
Google "ROExt". It'll be the first result
Edited by Zayaan, 04 January 2014 - 02:15 PM.
Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:32 PM
RCX tool which is approved by the GMs and CMs offers a CPU usage reduction feature called CPU cooler. Check out iro wiki for more info about it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users