Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:31 PM

I know it's still September but I am trying to make an arrange of a local xmas song.

So far I'm happy with the off vocal

original

I plan to make all of my Vocaloids sing in it (struggling to mix them in right now actually lol)

#152 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:16 PM

Not bad. Good luck with the finished product.

#153 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

Guys, any guess on "who" is the vocal in this?

Mine would be Nekomura Iroha, but who knows whether there's a trick... Like in Porter Robinson's "Sad Machine"; some believed Oliver was singing when it was actually Avanna (I didn't fell though).

#154 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

Guys, any guess on "who" is the vocal in this?

Mine would be Nekomura Iroha, but who knows whether there's a trick... Like in Porter Robinson's "Sad Machine"; some believed Oliver was singing when it was actually Avanna (I didn't fell though).

It kinda sounds like VY1 (probably her V4 since I hear whispery/soft vocals) to me

Like in Porter Robinson's "Sad Machine"; some believed Oliver was singing when it was actually Avanna (I didn't fell though).

if you think that's bad...

Spoiler

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 09 November 2016 - 03:18 PM.

#155 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

Oliver sounds nothing like Avanna, what are those people smoking?

#156 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

It kinda sounds like VY1 (probably her V4 since I hear whispery/soft vocals) to me

Spoiler

Just found the V4 Soft sample, and holy [whatever], that's more convicing than my own guess ( ° °)

Oh...

Mmmm... Oh... Ok...

Am I finally knowing this felling that people call "triggered"...? I don't even know if I'm wrong, though.

I. Don't. Know, my friend...

Worst of it is seeing (almost) every not possible name in Chorva's image; I could "facewall" for this (' . .)

#157 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:00 AM

Speaking of Oliver, I love the way his vocals were pitched down here. 

I'm begging every Oliver producer to do this.

Normal Oliver is fine too.

Little adowable Oliver is o---kay too.

[edit]

I think Half and Half is starting to become my favourite Tianyi song followed by 最后的歌  (literally the last track in Quadimension5 ofc), too bad there's no upload of it anywhere.

Also purchased another song pack in MUSYNC+ and it has an 8-bit cover of 魔法廚娘/Magical Cooking Girl. I want a full version of it or at least an mp3 but there's no upload anywhere dang.

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 10 November 2016 - 03:09 AM.

#158 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

*listens to Oliver singing*
*listens to Avanna singing*
*shrugs*
I have no clue either because they sound nothing alike :T

Spoiler

Miku?? Really??? *facepalm*

[Edit]: well I watched Shelter from the related videos last night and all I can say is "uuaghhhhhhhhh *cries in a corner* 8C". I heard about it from comments on Youtube but man, those 6 mins.

Edited by inuko23, 11 November 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#159 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Miku Hatsune crate on sale right now.

https://vault.lootcr...016-music-crate

And OMG, V4 English Miku sounds amazing!

Tell Your World (English)

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 November 2016 - 09:50 PM.

#160 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:57 AM

-something something xmas song arrange preview that I was working on for months already-

Finally uploaded the PV!

this is why I've been tired lately

#161 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:41 PM

Uugghhhh... (I don't know whether I should cringe when I thought approx' "cute" after listening XD)

#162 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:25 PM

Cool vocaloid thread :D I listen to a lot of Vocaloid while drawing

I first listened to Vocaloid in early 2008, a young boy in school who wanted something new.  It makes me feel very old orz.  I liked Len, Miku and when Luka came out, I liked her too.  I like Yuzuki Yukari, Gumi, and IA now!

I listen to Utata-P and Giga-P/Reol, and I used to frequent DECO*27.  I like a lot of utaite too, but I don't know if we can talk about that here, it's for Vocaloid!

Utata-P
ブレインズガイスト [Lily]
幸せになれる隠しコマンドがあるらしい [Yuzuki Yukari]
キミのことが好きでゴメンナサイ [IA] 
IA...so cute...

Giga-P/REOL
A lot of my favorite Giga-P/REOL is NSFW but I won't mention those...
LUVORATORRRRRY! [Rin/Gumi]
(LOTS of flashy lights) I much prefer REOL and nqrse's cover.
おこちゃま戦争[Len/Rin]
The tuning here is so good ! △○□× is also one of my big inspirations
被害妄想携帯女子(笑)[GUMI]
I can't post this song without EVO+ and nqrse's version, and Giga and Shoose's is also good...
drop pop candy [Rin/Luka]

REOL/Giga-P cover their own songs a lot, and it's always good. :D such nice colors

It's impossible for me to not mention utaite orz, I posted too many here

#163 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Haven't been able to find a subtitled version of the original by Miku, so this is the best I can do.

Mama - Soramin (original by Miku)

Just found this in my recommended videos and... *nosebleeds* Frickin' KAITO. <<

Satisfaction (cover) - KAITO

Haven't really gotten around to finding KAITO songs since he was upgraded to V3. Maybe I should. Just get annoyed that they make the male VOCALOIDs use the same dance animations as the female VOCALOIDs in Project Diva. I guess it's too much work to make gender-specific dances for each song.

Freely Tomorrow (cover) - KAITO

STOP CARESSING ME WITH YOUR VOICE, DANG IT KAITO!

Senbonzakura (Ballad Ver.) - KAITO

OMG, they didn't pitch the crap out of the poor guy like 99% of tuners do.

ERROR (cover) - KAITO

This is really nice.

Paper Plane (cover) - YOHIOloid & KAITO

Finally, someone drew some power out of KAITO.

Unhappy Refrain (cover) - KAITO

Edited by ZeroTigress, 05 March 2017 - 11:33 PM.

#164 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:42 PM

This is still my favourite Kaito usage despite him just singing a bunch of Aahs as backing vocals (starts at 2:00-ish).

I'm really in love with this Uni sample. To me, Uni sounds like a bit of refined Sonika (put down your pitchforks pls) and that's not a bad thing at all because I love Sonika's tone anyway. I'm really hoping her English voice bank comes out soon but ST Media said they're not gonna start on it until they put out her other KR voicebanks first (which is kinda taking forever, heard they've pushed it back recently so rip).

Spoiler

And finally, I actually like Yuezheng Longya's voice so far. (They're singing a remix of Ordinary Disco here, I believe this is Longya's official proper voice debut too) He's getting multiple voicebanks.

Apparently Vsinger is dead set on finishing Mo Qingxian and Zhiyu Moke voices just in time for a July(?) concert in China so the Vsinger 6 vocaloids can all perform.

#165 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

And finally, I actually like Yuezheng Longya's voice so far. (They're singing a remix of Ordinary Disco here, I believe this is Longya's official proper voice debut too) He's getting multiple voicebanks.

Apparently Vsinger is dead set on finishing Mo Qingxian and Zhiyu Moke [/size]voices just in time for a July(?) concert in China so the Vsinger 6 vocaloids can all perform.

Typical unenthusiastic Chinese in the audience. << Can't wait to hear people start using Longya. I'm loving his finalized voice. *_*

I was wondering what happened to Moke. I thought he would've been released by now, they announced him so long ago.

#166 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

Typical unenthusiastic Chinese in the audience. << Can't wait to hear people start using Longya. I'm loving his finalized voice. *_*

I was wondering what happened to Moke. I thought he would've been released by now, they announced him so long ago.

Not sure if you knew the controversy about Moke but apparently he was already in production  way back but some financial scandal happened with the company handling these VocaChina characters that Yamaha seized the rights to use those designs/characters. And this is why Yan He became a thing since they couldn't use Moke's image that time. In short, the current voice for Yan He was meant for Moke. (tbh I'm kinda glad it wasn't).

source

#167 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:10 PM

Not sure if you knew the controversy about Moke but apparently he was already in production  way back but some financial scandal happened with the company handling these VocaChina characters that Yamaha seized the rights to use those designs/characters. And this is why Yan He became a thing since they couldn't use Moke's image that time. In short, the current voice for Yan He was meant for Moke. (tbh I'm kinda glad it wasn't).

source

I suspected as much since Yanhe has such a shota voice, but can't change it now. Just wondering why Moke wasn't prioritized after all that was settled since he was already announced before the other girls.

#168 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Welp, found one English producer I've gotten rather fond of.

Need You 2night - Luka Megurine

eTeRNiTY - Oliver

Christmas Spirit - Oliver

Glass Wall - Miku Hatsune

Dream With You - YOHIOloid

Miracle - GUMI

For The Better - Len Kagamine

#169 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

oyea GHPZ, I discovered them during Oliver's release and I still love the eTeRNiTY song until now. 

>tfw it feels nostalgic listening to it now

btw I found this really awesome Cyber Diva song some time ago and I keep forgetting to share.

kinda looking for someone selling the Vsinger desktop series but individually (preferably a local seller but i doubt there's interest lol). Kinda want Stardust.

Spoiler

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 11 March 2017 - 09:42 PM.

#170 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:27 PM

Real-life gacha boxes must not be a thing in China if the figures are only available via a box set.

Found the set at Tokyo Otaku Mode, which advertises a secret 8th figure? Wonder what that could be? Xinhua?

Definitely interested in the Longya and Yanhe figures (maybe Tianyi, but she's too bland-looking here). I want to hear how Moke turns out before I even consider shelling out for the set.

#171 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

I think the boxes are indeed not a thing in China.

From what I've seen in the last times I came back to my family (my father's in Hong Kong and my mother's in China), there are only a few ones to a few rows in almost each shop' mall I went in HK, and nothing - if my memory's not broken - in China. There are also some stores and restaurants (notably McDon's) that make events in which one can be gifted a toy or a figure (either original or from a Ch./Jp. show, mostly the latter).

But globally among the prizes (spelling?) and goods, Vocaloids in general is a really slight thing in real life, but still growing in the Internet...

Just some two cents about my life outside of France ( ' ')

#172 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1100 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

secret 8th figure? 

It's actually Mr. V. Apparently the mascot for Shanghai Henian.

#173 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

It's actually Mr. V. Apparently the mascot for Shanghai Henian.

EHHHHHH......

#174 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

A couple of months ago I preordered the Myethos Stardust figure, I look forward to her release.  I'm not very familiar with Chinese vocaloids, but this figure is just amazing.
http://www.vocaloidn...nternationally/

Anyway, some more recommendations

yokkedoluce 怪盗黒猫シャノアール / GUMI / eng sub
uramanbou 次元跳躍シャンプーハット/ VY2  / eng sub
uramanbou その魔王はまるで恋する乙女のように / VY2 / eng sub
Konori 隣のJK / GUMI (only eng sub, here's the nico link)
Powapowa P ストロボライト / Miku  (only eng sub, here's the nico link) .  Powapowa P actually passed away in July 2015, so I think of his music very fondly.
If you have a nico account, I recommend HitoshizukuP's 海賊Fの肖像.  Some good tuning, especially Len and Kaito.  秘蜜〜黒の誓い〜 is also good.  Youtube closed the producer's account for some reason.

For Kaito, I think of his cover of 白虎野の娘 but I don't know if it sounds good now, It's quite old.  People also really liked Kurousa-P's カンタレラ back then.  I haven't paid much attention to Kaito in years.

#175 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

The Chinese VOCALOIDs have backstories made for each of them (which no other VOCALOID developer has done because it makes the characters feel limiting), but they're not enforced on the VOCALOID community so producers can still choose to make up stories for them via songs. I think all the characters themselves were fanmade as there were contests held to create them rather than the developer coming up with their own VOCALOIDs like other VOCALOID developers have done. And then the characters were redesigned by the developers because most everyone in the Chinese VOCALOID community kept mimicking Crypton's VOCALOID designs. Xingchen/Stardust was the only one that wasn't a contest design, I think.

I heard YouTube's been closing down VOCALOID producer accounts lately. Dunno what that's about, people are still trying to investigate why. So far the only reason I've seen is repost disputes and YouTube just closes down the wrong accounts.

KAITO and MEIKO, I feel, are the least improved of the Crypton VOCALOIDs because they were already pretty good V1 VOCALOIDs even during the V2 era. I dunno about MEIKO, but KAITO's English was pretty decent in V1 (which wasn't released to the public as far as I know). Haven't seen much in the way of original songs written for him lately, I've been finding remakes and covers using his V3 voicebanks.

Hope every guy had a good White Day.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 15 March 2017 - 11:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)