#1 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

I was thinking of making a crossbow scout since that's the one class I've never made, but I looked at recent patch notes and they got nerfed really hard.  Before they got 50% attack power and .66 ap per dex.  Now they get 40% attack power and .4 attack per dex.  Spending 20 sp to get at most 120 ap feels weak to me since xbow scout is really spread out in their stat distribution.  Also, the cooldown on their strongest skill was increased. 

Were they ever overpowered and if so are they still playable in pvm after such harsh offensive nerfs?

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

Crossbow scouts were rightfully one of the most overpowered classes before they got that nerf.

While the ap per dex passive was originally intended as a slight boost in power, it actually gave far more than was originally intended due to scouts building large amounts of DEX.

And not only did they have high ap cause of this (approximately 2.7k ap was a rather common sight for xbow scouts), they also had their 30% def pierce, and were considerably tanky thanks to the use of a shield, guard and reflect.

Now I'm not sure about the state of them now, but I don't think they're very useful in pvm. Never have in my opinion, the scout class (and hawkers in general too) are pretty horrible pvmers. Maybe the dual raider nowadays does decent pvm, but the others aren't really that good in pvm. Not that's impossible, but there's other classes out there which are way more useful in pvm than hawkers.

Edited by jerremy, 14 January 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#3 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

They get accuracy which is useless in pvm, armor pen which helps but is more for pvp, and their attack passives are below average.

Any idea what I would do stat wise?  Like a 3:2:1:1 dex, str, con, sen?  Or if I'm going for pvm just ignore con entirely?

Hawkers are pretty bad in pvm.  Dual raider is good against kings and is a decent aoer.  Though I hate that they get skill damage

passives.  Those are basically, we're going to lower that ratios on your spells but to compensate we will give you a passive that makes it higher so if you want to use skills you need to invest in these.  Scout and katar aren't amazing, but katar is pretty good for questing pvm.

Edited by DoubleRose, 14 January 2014 - 12:08 PM.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

For stats I would recommend STR just enough to wear the weapon you're going to wear (this will be approximately 250 already so that's definitely enough). You will need a lot of DEX too so put about 300 on that (you're going to get really low on stat points having to put much more on it). If you're going to pvm then yes, a low amount of con is good enough. I would recommend 100-150max. Rest of the points on SEN.

#5 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

But what about shields?  I need 300+ str for a good shield

I think dread sword is pretty cool, but I would need to be above 180 to use it.

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

If you're planning to make it max lvl, you can use the sopdu shield which only has a lvl requirement, not a STR one.

#7 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

what would I use before that? just a weaker one that matches the str req of my bow?

#8 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Yeah. In plain PVM (not counting in dungeons) there isn't that much of a need to get the best shield yet, so just one with a str requirement similar to the one will suffice up to when you can use the sopdu shield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users