Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Disclaimer. Please read this first, thanks!

• I just picked up the game (again) and played from scratch around last week of november 2013. I didn't even know there are Eden quests for me to get decent gears until I was level 60.
  • I never looked at any updated guides or any updated items before I started playing. This is my my fault and that is why I'm asking here for suggestions.
  • I also don't plan to spend any $$$ since I only play for about 1-2 hours a day, maybe except weekends.
  • I play from overseas. My latency in this server (Renewal Chaos) is not that good. I get like ~.5 to 1 second delay so I can't really spam potions, or I need to get alot of hits by any chance I need to flywing/backslide when something goes wrong when mobbing.
  • Lowerping/WTFast/Leatrix doesn't really work on me. Only best thing that I can improve my latency is to get a specific IP address by refreshing my internet connection to get that IP address in order to play decently. I also have a paid VPN but it doesn't really help as well.
  • Because of my latency issues, I usually play alone.
  • The last time I played this is around 10 years ago, where Trans class were introduced, and I have a pvp-ish type SD SinX during that time.

I'll ask the question here, I was thinking of asking it at the bottom but I realized that I already typed random babbling for too long xD

Should I remake another GX, or just continue to train my current one? After doing alot of reading regarding GX, I think that my build is going the wrong way due to the mobs becoming alot stronger. Although I really don't mind training my GX using my usual routine, but I think the monsters are hitting alot harder once I reach 110+. I think they stun alot more as well?

If I choose to continue, can anyone give me suggestions? Although I already have provided some ideas at the bottom of my post. I just need more opinions maybe?

Also, please don't suggest any crazy gears like +9 HBP, or +9 RWH, or even the ever-famous +9 KVM Katar. I will probably get there at some point, but it is definitely not possible as of now unless some gazillionaire dropped some boss cards infront of me to loot :P

I just want to train more efficiently than what I usually do, make my level higher and at the same time improving my gears one by one, and start farming for better gears.

I may do an MVP Crit/ASPD Build for end game, since it is probably more feasible to MVP than PVP/WOE with my slight latency issues because I am probably already dead before even I react to switch weapon/armor which is the most common thing to do when it comes to PVP/WOEing.

Moving forward, here is my current build with my level 107 GX. If you read my disclaimer above, you prolly know why my build is like this :ph34r:

Base Stats

• STR: 60
  • AGI: 107
  • VIT: 14
  • INT: 1
  • DEX: 50
  • LUK: 60

GX Skills from someone that doesn't look at guides:

• 5 Rolling Cutter - I thought this skill sucked and Grimtooth is alot better, until I maxed it. Still depends on the situation though, I wouldnt dare to RC 20 Desert Wolfs or more than 10 Anolians even if I have 700 flee haha
  • 5 Cloaking Exceed - I also thought this skill was awesome so I maxed it as soon as possible, and I realized that I barely am using it.
  • 1 Cross Ripper Slasher
  • 5 Cross Impact
  • Currently Pumping Poison Research for the EDP duration to save bottles in the long run maybe? I only have one point on it as of now.
  • May also get the following in the future: Hallucination Walk and its prereqss, Venom Impress, Antidote, not sure what else. Not prolly getting Weapon Block related skills since I already have Rolling Cutter which is I prefer.

What I currently have:

1. Thief Set - many years ago, I always thought the set was the best thing ever for an Assassin class to use, so I bought the cards from the set after making money from Cat Santa Hats and randomly picking up sellable gears. I included a head and body for my Thief "Set". My Thief "set "consists of the following:

Evil Snake Lord Hat with Incubus

Dragon Vest with Succubus

+8 Double Critical Slicing Jur

Dragon Mant with Wanderer

Valkyrian Shoes with Wild Rose

Bison Horn with Shinobi and Zhu Lo Pong

2. Falcon Muff + Odin Blessing + Fricco's Shoes and Pantie + Undershirt combo - both used during early thief/assassin days.

3. Morrigane set and Fortune Swords - I just want to try having high pDodge but it is not my thing, so my Alchemist/Blacksmith is using the set whenever I train either of them.

4. Sapha Set but I sold it because personally I find the Thief Set is tons better vs stock unenchanted Sapha Set even with all of its bonuses. Could be because of my stat build.

5. I also have Three Hunter Fly Cards and about 50million Zenny.

6. Random items like Ghost Bandana, Inverse Scale, Glittering Jacket with Earth Deleter, etc... I find the Earth Deleter card awesome when RCing (Earth Petite in Reno quest).

All of the armors you see above are only upgraded to +4 :P

What have I done so far to make monnies:

• Looting whatever loot I see on the ground. YEAH!
  • Elunium Farming on Stalactic Golems - I stopped this since I noticed that the drop is back to normal--- it barely drops it anymore. I still go there though whenever I need to +4 a piece of armor rather than buying a few on Prontera.
  • Greed in Orc Dngeon 2 - this is the reason why I made an Alchemist just for curiosity of having a Homunculus train her. Got an Orc Archer bow here though!
  • Greed in low TI - this is bad so i stopped it, i got two Durgas during Desert Wolf TI about a month ago, I sold it for cheap to get monnies.
  • All of my level 60+ Characters went through most (if not, all) of the Malangdo quests, got me about 80 Cat Hand Gloves which most of them are already sold out.
  • Doing Reno Quests, making Improved Opera Mask / Advanced Safety Ring / Advanced Assassin Mask, and selling it. I'm nowhere close to 300 Pure Energy Crystals though for making an Improved Variant shoes (and selling it) though.

I also have 4 accounts that consists of the following:

• My main account that has a priest for warping other accounts, a merchant for OC/DC/Vend, and my GX.
  • A shared account from a friend (that doesnt play anymore) that has a level 55 Endow slave, and a battle acolyte for warping other accounts as well
  • An alt account where I made a level 80 ninja for fun but it deals crap damage so I stopped, and a level 80 AFKhemist for OC/DC/Vend.
  • Another alt account where I am somewhat training another thief (only level 30 at the moment) in case I need to remake another GX. I might also be making this a sinX though, which will take time since I don't really play it until recently, so that I can do another batch of Malangdo/Kiel quests for the monnies, which I find both quests really easy to do.

Lastly, What I plan to do with what I currently have. Feel free to suggest if there are better! Buying Kafra Points and selling Cash Shop items is out though :P

In no particular order:

1. Buy another Hunter Fly and a Specialty jur to complete the weapon. Also buy a Harpy-carded Garment since it is not possible to buy a Raydric Card as of now.

Problem with this though is that Specialty Jurs are currently being overpriced by vendors. Also, not sure if a 10-11khp character can efficiently mob in Nogg Road 2 even with an Endow Slave/EDP on.

2. Buy a Jur and a Variant shoes to increase my hp for maybe 2k, Also buy a Harpy-carded Garment as well. Everything is the same as above.

3. With the 50mil on hand, buy a Jur and put the three Hunter Fly Cards on it, and then buy 5 reset stones and go for a stat reset.

After that, I can remove luck, tone down agi to 80-90 maybe, then increase vit to 70-80 and maybe increase DEX to 60-70.

I can go with STR instead of DEX but I have an Endow Slave or I can just use EDP since I will still probably have few million Zenny after I buy all of these. I'm not really sure how Stat Reset works but I read I just need to have 7 reset stones?

4. Lastly, try selling my Jur, add it with the 50mil that I currently have, and buy what I need. Not sure what to buy with it though.

I really don't want to sell my Jur though because I love the thief set, and Paper Cards are too darn expensive now. My sinX can also use the set by the time she reaches 90. Although I can probably buy a similar weapon if everything goes well.

Also, I'm not sure whether the difference in proccing between 3 and 4 Hunter Fly Cards is huge or not.

Sorry for the looong post, and thanks for reading! I appreciate any suggestions as well!

P.S. Sorry for my English as it is neither my primary nor secondary Language. :p_sick:

Edited by Kandine, 14 January 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

It's probably better to stat reset rather than remake for characters that are already trans or even third class.

Getting any stats over 100 early on is generally a bad idea. If you really want to go beyond 100 of a stat, you should be doing that when you are 130+ or 140+ when you already have all of your core stats near where you want them for endgame. So your AGI is a bit of a waste.

Your VIT is a bit low and you definitely want it to be medium to high to tank several mobs at once. It may still be do-able though and maybe you should focus more on how you are recovering HP / SP with consumables (witch hat and alarm mask + pumpkins is a popular choice). If you don't reset you can just pump your VIT with all the stat points you get each time you level up.

#3 DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Stat reset. Prioritize high str, high agi, minimum dex. Purchase a Durga, or a beast claw katar with enchants for cheap. Endow yourself with water endow and edp rolling cutter/ flywing level in nogg 2 since there is a spotlight there currently your exp should be well worth it. Medium life potions will save you pots, however the one item you def should consider saving for or investing in is a 9rideword hat for the sp/hp regen. I don't ever mind helping a fellow assassin if they are serious about it so if you really want a specialty jur I'll just give you a blank one. PM me ingame on my character named "Hug".

#4 Akwon

Akwon

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Just out of curiosity.  I cant find information on where I can get a stat reset?  Is there an NPC or is this a kafra item?  Thanks in advance.

#5 DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

stat resets are either from trading in magical stones in payon by the sign post, or its from a neutralizer box. I can't remember which is which.

#6 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Just out of curiosity.  I cant find information on where I can get a stat reset?  Is there an NPC or is this a kafra item?  Thanks in advance.

npc is located in payon, name is "sam status" (180, 115)

type "/navi payon 180/115"

cost for reset is,

base lvl 01-40 = 1 magical stone

base lvl 41-70 = 2 magical stone

base lvl 71-90 = 3 magical stone

base lvl 91-110 = 4 magical stone

base lvl 111-125 = 5 magical stone

base lvl 126-140 = 6 magical stone

base lvl 141-150 = 7 magical stone

#7 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Just a very late update:

I continued building the Quad Malicious Specialty Jurs instead of resetting my stats. If I'm not mistaken, I was around level 111-113 at that time when I finished crafting an Enhanced Variant Shoes. I made one and instead of using it, which won't really make sense, I sold it for zenny. I was also adding vit stat from 108 to 111/113 to get more hp.

After selling the Enhanced Variant Shoes, I bought a +0 Rideword Hat added a Willow Card on it, Nidhoggur's Shadow Garb and Harpy Card, and a +0 Heroic Backpack just for the greed skill.

At this point I realized that Quad Malicious + Nogg Garb + Rideword Hat already a crazy combo as it is, and adding a Horse Hat made the set even crazier! 500-600HP per carrot is just... Awesome!

Now I'm at 122 farming zennys at Nogg2 effectively and my current VIT now is at 60 base. I even swapped a Variant Shoes for a BSB + Shackle combo for that extra damage so that I don't need to use EDP all the time and the HP is already too high anyways.

Even if I lose the 20% hp bonus, my hp is still high enough to survive majority of the mobs inside Nogg2. I also made an Improved Phantom Mask for that +5 attack bonus. Takoyaki is a great help in damage boost too! And I have over a thousand of those xD

I'll probably stay here until 130 farming raw zenny, along with lucky cards, and slotted Infiltrators (if i get luckier), because my gears are still bad around my level, lol. Not sure if I can effectively train if I move at mobbier places. Lastly, my latency still sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users