• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kaichou

Kaichou

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

Simple as that, which one is better and why?

I can see Double Shot being better because it's more linear and is effected by attack speed but Difussion does more damage right?

What're your opinions and why?

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

Double Shot, mostly because you can get maximum damage w/o having to be right on top of your opponent (putting yourself in danger) -- you can attack from a safe distance and still do maximum damage. Also, it's affected by attack speed buffs (huge plus), there's no cast time (it's passive/always on), no MP cost, it costs far fewer skill points, etc., etc.

At the end of the day, there's no contest. Double Shot all the way.

#3 wardrive

wardrive

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

double shot.
definently double shot
reasons why:
1)u dont need to hug the monsters for maxed efficincy
2)its an AOE 1 x shot can hit a few enemies
3)it costs less points and you dont need to recast it because its passive
4)IT IS higher damage no matter how you look at it
5)attack speed addons actualy affect it

thats all i can think of right now
im sure there are more reasons

so yeah double shot for sure.

edit:
lol seems like rim beat me to it by half an hour...
thread was open for hours lol.

Edited by wardrive, 02 November 2010 - 10:00 AM.

#4 Rinnosuke

Rinnosuke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

Simple as that, which one is better and why?

I can see Double Shot being better because it's more linear and is effected by attack speed but Difussion does more damage right?

What're your opinions and why?

dc will destroy your weapon's durability
to be an oracle shaman priest? f$*@%ing retarded name change
...is to be broke
double shot at least cuts that down
since you aren't shooting three fireballs anymore

#5 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

Diffusion does more damage if you are right in front of the opponent or if your opponent is big enough to hit with two or three orbs. Double shot allows you to attack from afar while still hitting twice, so it's good for survivability. It's also passive, so you don't have to spend MP on it to activate it.

#6 Strill

Strill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Diffusion does more damage if you are right in front of the opponent or if your opponent is big enough to hit with two or three orbs. Double shot allows you to attack from afar while still hitting twice, so it's good for survivability. It's also passive, so you don't have to spend MP on it to activate it.

That's completely wrong. Double shot deals more damage than Diffusion Cannon even if all three shots hit the same target. First of all, Double-shot hits more often. Each projectile strikes up to two targets for a total of four hits. Second, each projectile Double-shot fires deals more damage (Diffusion: 75%, Double-shot: 112%). Third, double-shot shoots faster. Fourth, double-shot concentrates damage on a single target. Double shot is better in every way.

#7 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:20 AM

That's completely wrong. Double shot deals more damage than Diffusion Cannon even if all three shots hit the same target. First of all, Double-shot hits more often. Each projectile strikes up to two targets for a total of four hits. Second, each projectile Double-shot fires deals more damage (Diffusion: 75%, Double-shot: 112%). Third, double-shot shoots faster. Fourth, double-shot concentrates damage on a single target. Double shot is better in every way.

Bolded is incorrect. Also, double shot is not better in every way. Sometimes, having a vertical AoE is useful with opponents who only have skills that attack directly in front of them. By no means am I condoning the use of diffusion cannon, as its negatives outweigh the positives.

#8 TrevorIsIn

TrevorIsIn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga, duh.

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

Bolded is incorrect. Also, double shot is not better in every way. Sometimes, having a vertical AoE is useful with opponents who only have skills that attack directly in front of them. By no means am I condoning the use of diffusion cannon, as its negatives outweigh the positives.

This is the best statement I have read in the thread. It all comes down to what kind of skills you use. I personally use alot of non-linear moves, and the monsters are wiped out so fast with diffusion cannon that there isnt even time to get hit. When I boss, I can take any boss, higher leveled, out in less than half a minute. I find this extremely nice.

#9 Cherrin

Cherrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

Actually... that statement IS correct. Assuming the first poster is talking about a situation with 2 monsters in front of you.
Double shot will hit 2 on EACH monster, making it 4 stikes, compared to 3 strikes with diffusion cannon. Not to mention DC's attack is lowered to around 75 percent of your normal attack was it? Not sure bec I don't even use it anymore.

#10 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Actually... that statement IS correct. Assuming the first poster is talking about a situation with 2 monsters in front of you.
Double shot will hit 2 on EACH monster, making it 4 stikes, compared to 3 strikes with diffusion cannon. Not to mention DC's attack is lowered to around 75 percent of your normal attack was it? Not sure bec I don't even use it anymore.

Actually, Yurai is correct b/c in that sentence he was talking about one specific target:

At level 5, DC does 78.0% + 50 damage per fireball, which = 234% + 150 total, if all shots hit the same target. DS can hit a single target a maximum of 2 times, each fireball dealing 112.0% + 40 damage (224% + 80 total).

Not to say he isn't right that Double Shot deals more damage to groups, b/c it does. But if we're talking a single target, as he was in that statement, technically DC does more damage overall.

Edited by Rimmy, 06 November 2010 - 04:37 PM.

#11 LinkKirby

LinkKirby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

Does Diffusion Cannon really not get a bonus from attack speed? If it doesn't, then the only way that it will ever do more damage than Double Shot is if the player has absolutely no boost to their attack speed.

Frame rate issues and each skill's attack range aside, a boost of 10% or 20% to attack speed is enough for Double Shot to always do more damage than Diffusion Cannon, even if all three shots hit the same target.

#12 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:28 AM

Level 10 diffusion cannon guyz.

#13 Legomancer

Legomancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:11 AM

Double shot is better than Diffusion, shouldn't even be debatable.

Diffusion even causes your weapons to break faster [in a roundabout way] since you aren't outputting the max damage you could per hit you make, so its taking more hits to equal the same amount of damage, even without a speed buff you'll still most likely always output more with DS than DC just from how often you peg a monster behind your first target, pushing DS from 2 shots that are almost the same damage as DC's 3 shots, to 4 hits total that blow DF out of the water.

If you're high enough to get DS you should at least put forth the effort to get Energized, which is all you'd need to push you over DC on Single targets.

Edited by Legomancer, 06 December 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#14 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

DC is better for getting combo medals. That is all. = )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users