strange lag recently - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

strange lag recently

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

So i need to bring this up again..I'm having this strange type of lag for the last weeks where i loose all my commands in game suddenly.like, i can't move, type, use emoticons etc..Strange part is, all other characters around me seems just normal..They can move, type, use skills, even heal or resurrect me if i die.

Sometimes this is followed by a disconnection with a time gap between me and server type error.Most of the time, after losing my commands for some time, i have them back and when that happens, all the commands i gave the game during the lag(like chats,skills/item usages etc.)are performed quickly until game returns its normal course.

I've been playing this game for 2 years now and like all others i lag from time to time, but not this kind of..This is new, and more annoying.Please help me understand the underlying factor.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Sounds like the packet(s) containing a command is getting lost, and under TCP, and your further commands are getting delayed until that one command can be retransmitted. Then once that makes it through, everything you send before is read and processed by the server. 

That's my guess anyway - this would imply an issue with your internet connection (or congestion on your home network, maybe?), possibly made worse by network settings. 

This is not to be confused with "queue lag" on busy zone servers - the key differences:

* You report sudden onset. Queue lag builds up while you rapidly send commands

* You report that during the lag spike, your character does not follow any of the commands you sent. In queue lag, these commands will be followed, but not as fast as you're sending them. 

* You report sudden resolution. Queue lag sorts itself out slowly. 

* You report sometimes getting time-gap errors. This usually points towards network communication issues. 

#3 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

this happens to me sometimes when i enter a portal, or after using a butterfly wing. what i usually do is just alt-tab and alt-tab back again to the game and everything will work fine.

this is on windowed mode though.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

this happens to me sometimes when i enter a portal, or after using a butterfly wing. what i usually do is just alt-tab and alt-tab back again to the game and everything will work fine.

this is on windowed mode though.

This is a different bug -in this case there is no lag, the game just lost it's silly to detect mouse clicks. Happens sometimes, and as you said, alt tab out and back fixes it.

#5 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Sounds like the packet(s) containing a command is getting lost, and under TCP, and your further commands are getting delayed until that one command can be retransmitted. Then once that makes it through, everything you send before is read and processed by the server. 

That's my guess anyway - this would imply an issue with your internet connection (or congestion on your home network, maybe?), possibly made worse by network settings. 

This is not to be confused with "queue lag" on busy zone servers - the key differences:

* You report sudden onset. Queue lag builds up while you rapidly send commands

* You report that during the lag spike, your character does not follow any of the commands you sent. In queue lag, these commands will be followed, but not as fast as you're sending them. 

* You report sudden resolution. Queue lag sorts itself out slowly. 

* You report sometimes getting time-gap errors. This usually points towards network communication issues. 

Okay, thanks for the examination..So, i'm not really knowledgeable about networking isuues and as far as i recall,my network settings never been changed recently.What would your recomendation for me to do now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users