Random Lag followed by Disconnection - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Random Lag followed by Disconnection

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

Ok,

First Id like to say I'm not here to say, I lag everyday, I disconnect everyday, this sucks alot.

I have to compliment alot Gravity and Dragon Saga Staff for the wonderful job done.

Now, to the issue.

Today, November 2nd, I was playing on F6, Ahtoo, by Dangerous Cavern (It doesn't matter really, but just giving out details) when suddenly, I started to lag alot, more than a normal lag, where you can still move around, but actually a massive lag where, whenever I move, I do see everybody moving the same way, and my screen do get back to my initial position before lagging, in other words, It was like being disconnected, but still being able to move around the map.

The REAL ISSUE is, I dont care if I Lag (or just instantly Disconnect) like that, what i really CARE is that, whenever I Lag, Disconnect or whatever, I still see my char logged on, unable to move, to attack, to defend or to do anything at all, but I see the mobs HITTING ME AND I TAKING DAMAGE!!!!!!!

So I immediatelly try to log off, to close the game in all methods, and after its done... There I go again to log on, but what happens then? I find out that I f***ing died!!! I lost like 4% EXP which I spent some mins farming and also had to repair my gear, wasting 1-2 gold (what really doesn't matter) but the fact of losing between 4-5% is SAD.

It happened to me THREE TIMES, the last one even more terrible and painful.

I managed to log off or to disconnect, BEFORE the monsters killed me in Map, I was in Open Field Map, on Character Selection Screen, I saw that the region where my char was, being the same where I disconnected before, once I logged in, the Loading screen took like 10 seconds to load, and when I just regained control over my char, IT WAS DEAD!!!!

That made me so... freaking pissed, but then I found out that the issue wasn't just with me, but with half-server.

My Guild mates and friends were all logged off too, and the Channels on the server were almost empty.

I think the server has some... connection issues, and sometimes it makes the players to randomly get disconnected, and in some situations like mine, makes the players to die too.

I still don't get how we (the ones that suffer from that issue) lose control on our character, as we apparently disconnected, but the monsters can hit and kill our chars.

I might have an idea on why that happen... but it is just so Unfair.

Anyone else has sudden disconnections like that?

Also, I don't know what to do anymore, everytime I get 5% EXP killing countless mobs (since EXP rate is down now) I disconnect and die... so anyone know about that issue, if its known or not, or if it has a solution?

#2 Donuts

Donuts

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

This has been happening to me all day as well. I never lag either. It started when I was in F6 Pythanious, just like you. I then kept lagging out all day. I noticed the party I was with kept lagging out as well. Right now, its getting to the point where I can't even play for 5 minutes without a disconnect. This is why I came to the forums in the first place.

#3 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

I started having the same problem today. :x
It's nothing new for me since I had that problem in IAH Dragonica and in THQ's version before Warpportal.
It's annoying since there's nothing I can do and pots don't heal fast enough.

#4 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

Well, we can't do anything to defend ourselves against monsters when that happens, the only WAY you can do in an attempt to save your char is to LOG OFF totally.

Using Pots, attacking or running is useless since you don't command your char anymore, so you are left to die until the game kicks you out.

We only have to hope that a Staff reads these posts relating this issue and get it fixed soon....

-ADDTIONAL INFORMATION-

When you guys Lagged and Disconnected too, were you guys in Channel 4?

I might have an idea of why its happening now... Just please tell me if anyone that had this sudden disconnection and lag was playing on Channel 4 if it happened.

If anyone disconnected too and WASN'T on Channel 4, tell me too,

This might solve alot of things, Thanks

Edited by Devikn, 03 November 2010 - 04:43 AM.

#5 Donuts

Donuts

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:30 AM

I was in channel one the entire time.

#6 Deadlock

Deadlock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

This has really been a problem for me also. Please advise....

#7 Donuts

Donuts

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Man, it just keeps happening to me. I wish we'd get a reply from someone.... :|

Anyway, when I DC, this message comes up:
Connection to the server has been lost due to abnormal client status (0x00003).

Anyone get the same message? And any mod care to explain the problem? ;D

#8 Tarmendeos

Tarmendeos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

I get both (0x00003) and generic "No response from server".

I have, to this date, been interrupted 4 times while trying to Chaos Ocher. Each time I get interrupted, I either lose my Shield or get killed by lag, losing me both the Shield and the Chaos Scroll.

Can I get reimbursed part of the Devil's Soul Stones I invested into this?

#9 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

Man, it just keeps happening to me. I wish we'd get a reply from someone.... :|

Anyway, when I DC, this message comes up:
Connection to the server has been lost due to abnormal client status (0x00003).

Anyone get the same message? And any mod care to explain the problem? ;D

I used to get that error message too, but not since I reinstalled the client.

And I'm pretty fed up as well. I can't play for 20 minutes without being disconnected from the server. This hasn't happened in THQ. It doesn't happen in IAH. Hell, my internet is pretty damn fast. It's only Gravity that causes me to disconnect.

Also gives me this error now: "Your account is in use." That's pretty annoying, since I know that I'm the only person who knows my account info, and it's like a repeat from another online game I played.

Another thing I noticed is that everytime Dragonica Dragon Saga disconnects, Gateway also disconnects as well. I shut off Gateway, still same problems. Please fix this connection problem.

Btw, this never happened in beta one or two. In fact, this only started happening after the Tuesday downtime.

EDIT: By the way, after just now, this is actually my 9th disconnect

Edited by DarkWyvern, 03 November 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#10 Donuts

Donuts

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

Yep. It never did happen in the beta. I hate this. I really would like some kind of answer or explanation to this issue. I've even gone to the support page. :|

#11 Eldarath

Eldarath

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

I get disconnect from channel 2 also, I think it has something to do with their game server side.

#12 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

I used to get that error message too, but not since I reinstalled the client.

And I'm pretty fed up as well. I can't play for 20 minutes without being disconnected from the server. This hasn't happened in THQ. It doesn't happen in IAH. Hell, my internet is pretty damn fast. It's only Gravity that causes me to disconnect.

Also gives me this error now: "Your account is in use." That's pretty annoying, since I know that I'm the only person who knows my account info, and it's like a repeat from another online game I played.

Another thing I noticed is that everytime Dragonica Dragon Saga disconnects, Gateway also disconnects as well. I shut off Gateway, still same problems. Please fix this connection problem.

Btw, this never happened in beta one or two. In fact, this only started happening after the Tuesday downtime.

EDIT: By the way, after just now, this is actually my 9th disconnect

This happened to me in THQ and IAH. o__O
None the less, it's getting on my nerves.
I just tried to run from a mob after I attacked them and didn't see their health bars. I ended up getting attacked and dying without being to use my pots. :/

#13 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

Yes, like I thought, my 2 possible reasons for the issue are discarded.

This happens pretty randomly, yesterday, November 3th, like I mentioned in SOME of my posts, I disconnected some times, but after that, around 4pm Server Time, I had 2 hours straight of smooth gameplay.

I have to admit that I was never really been suffering from lag, the game was perfect, running nicely and smooth, but after Halloween, I realize, not only me, but alot of other players are suffering from these lag disconnects.

The real problem is something that happened after-Halloween IF something happened by then. Otherwise this lag -> disconnection is something pretty random. Has no map/channel to happen and strikes you anytime, what is the Worst part.

I recently didn't suffer from that Lag/Disconnect since 4pm then, and I've been playing for a while.

If something weird happens once again, I'll return here to post about it.

Another note is, everytime I lag -> disconnect, the Channels that were filled with almost 3 "bars" capacity, goes down to like 1/2, Guild and friendlist have people that were online before, offline, and suddenly you can notice the players returning.

So its kind of a blackout on the server, these are all ideas and hypothesis on what might be happening, I have no official affirmation to give, so yeah, we still need an aswer from the Staff members to know what really is happening.

Edited by Devikn, 04 November 2010 - 01:42 AM.

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:18 AM

A friend and I came to Dragon Saga from DragonicaSEA a week ago. We were happy there, but F6 especially was usually pretty unplayable due to lagg after the 3rd or 4th phase of defense. We came to Dragon Saga because we thought, being an NA-version from a US company, that the servers would also be in NA and therefore would lagg less.

We were wrong. We hardly ever lagged in Farrel's Mansion or the Water Temple when we went through there leveling up...here it was like 'stop-motion' at best in the Water Temple, and Farrel was unbeatable because of lagg. No matter what channel we used the result was the same.

Also...when my buddy would try for his 10,000-combo title...every time he hit 7,000 (seemed to be the 'magic' number for disaster) the game would immediately lagg just long enough to break his combo-chain. (He tried for like 3 entire days and every time he hit 7K...the same glitch happened, so after 3-days...he gave up)

The other day, I was playing and was disconnected (abnormal client status) and when I logged back was informed "Unable to connect. Reason: Server Maintenance" and when I retried, was able to log on again fine....no server maintenance was ongoing. Several minutes later....same thing. Tried to re-log back.....'server maintenance....' and was, once again...able to log back and play normally since no maintenance was actually happening. This happened 2-3 more times within about an hour. Finally, I was kicked out by Gateway (lost connection) and I rage-quit for the day completely disgusted.

This doesn't even include the number of times I have been KILLED BY GATEWAY because they wanted to inform me I needed to take a break by minimizing my game mid-fight on Night lord when solo. They make it to where you actually have to CLOSE Gateway after you get Dragon Saga running to avoid that issue because there IS NO WAY to un-check the "Notifications" toggles inside the Gateway options tab. There ARE Enable/Disable check-boxes there for the Notifications but the are greyed out, which means you CANNOT disable them. Which is a giant box of FAIL IMHO.

I have been thinking about making a case to my buddy about going back to DragonicaSEA...where these issues do NOT exist.

I just wish they would communicate with the player-base and acknowledge the issues they are aware of so we didn't think all this stuff is some bizarre series of glitches happening only to us as individuals.

:P

#15 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

Yeah that is sad I know.

But IMO SEA Version was worse than Gravity's in F6, like 10x worse.

I noticed that in 3/10, 4/10, 6/10 and 8/10 Waves of F6, "Weird" things happens, and things goes Hardcore like Id say there.

The mobs all seem to spawn in a short interval between one each other, and the stone gets spammed with them, that somehow makes it to lag, and thing goes pretty bad. But I have nothing to complain about F6.

About Gateway Issue, YES, it is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING that in the middle of a map, my client minimizes itself so I get the "You are playing for 2 hours.. take a break blabla" message.

I know the fact of the game automatically being minimized to display this message, obvious... they wouldn't let it there.. so after Hours of game after you log off, you do read all the messages not having any point anymore.

I just think, if they wanted to warn us about such thing, to not minimize the game, but display an in-game message thing, like a personal System warning.

Anyway, back to lag topic. I used to close my Gateway when I was playing before, due to the Hour/Break message issue, but I've noticed (Coincidence or NOT) that everytime I had Gateway off, my client do lag and disconnect.

Today, I played for the whole day, and I have to confess I didn't lag or disconnect.

Well actually PVP was pretty LAGGISH almost unplayable, but in other hand, doing normal missions and walking through maps, I didn't have any lag at all.

That is pretty random through, hope this Maintenance fixes it.

#16 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

I've had that happen to me in F6 here. o.o Sometimes it happens to me when I pick the wrong direction and the spawn intervals get thrown out of whack. It's keeps me on my toes but I can manage most of the time. Though it might be annoying for other players.

With the game play time message from Gateway, you can exit out of Gateway after you launch Dragon Saga and that should solve that problem. However, I don't see how that could make you lag. o.o I've done it plenty of times and I've been fine, except for the occasional massive lag and disconnection that comes out of no where.

#17 Goldysticks

Goldysticks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

Still disconnecting after yesterday's maintenance. A bit less frequently though. Before maintenance it was around every 2 hours.

The last disconnect that happened(over 10 min ago) the monsters didn't load while I was exploring Wraith of Nautilus map.

#18 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

I'm still lagging every 5mins in this game
cant do anything and its making me pretty mad!! :P
this never happen to me back in THQ days T_T
most of my friend experience this problem too
and i tried all channels and its still the same anyways =.="
the lag started happening just after the ISP maintainence thingy
OH and i also get the connection error message :)

#19 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:03 PM

This is getting really annoying. :/
I was JUST trying to get to 10k combo for the medal and I lagged out at 5k. This is ridiculous and it needs to be addressed as soon as possible. :/

#20 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:18 AM

Ok guys,

I sent a ticket to report this issue.. Ofc, I probably wasn't the only one. The reply came late, I understand that, due to others people sending tickets that they need to reply too.

They said that an error occurried on their ISP by November 2nd, and that was causing players to disconnect. An emergency maintenance was been done, but there were still reports of players suffering this disconnection issue (Like we all are posting here). Their ISP team is working out to find out the solution.

I think, we posting our issues here, won't help so much, since I didn't see ANY Moderator or Staff (I know its not your fault guys) to reply on a post reporting this kind of Disconnection/Lag problems, but they do answer players with trouble on their logging into their accounts and all.(since they have the solution for these problems)

Of course, they would probably reply if there were any updates, or a scheduled maintenance but still, we won't get any reply or solution by posting Lag/Connection issues in forums.. that is what I realize now.

The best we could do is.... submting tickets to Support, so maybe, by receiving a large number of tickets with the same issue, from lots of players, the issue might be solved faster by some new maintenance or something.

Edited by Devikn, 10 November 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#21 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Alright, i'm once again, here to post how suddenly I got disconnected and killed.

I just said above to send tickets to Support and all, but the real thing is, If all us, send such tickets to support, they will take ages to read them all, or even ignore them (if such thing happens).

So we have the forums, which in a single thread, people can relate the issues, so ignore my previous post, and just post your issues on forum, which is better, but not so accurate (since we aren't sure if anyone of Staff or Technical Team will be reading).

Today, November 13th, I had a bad lag and disconnected again, even watching my screen get spammed by MISS MISS MISS from the mobs, I lost connection with the server. When I tried to log on again, my account was already on, as it said.. When I finally logged back, my char's location was in the same place I was "Ocher Forest" but as I loaded my char, it suddenly went to Ellora Camp with -3% EXP and low durability items (DEATH PENALTIES).

I trully don't know what happens anymore. Some says its ISP issue, other says its a random lag cause by the own's user hardware/internet (WHICH IS A TOTAL BULL SINCE EVERYBODY HAS THE SAME PROBLEM). But thing is, even being a weekend, the channel which I was playing was pretty empty, so that has nothing to do with Weekend Lag.

Anyway, this issue is still there, extending from long, since 2nd, so its about 11 days with the issue unsolved.

Will anyone do anything to solve this?

#22 Craz

Craz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

I got killed. This is the second time I've gotten killed by lag and around the fifth time I've lagged out. The other times were because no mobs were around. I've been playing since THQ opened doors and before that I was even on IAH and I've never disconnected so many times in a week. I'd dare to say that it was less than once a month. Sure, there was a standard latency as I don't live right next door to either server but it never ended up like this. There is no denying that this issue is server sided as it heavily resembles a server crash though it might not be a complete one. It's really frustrating trying to do anything when every step you take, the server forces you two steps back.

I'd really like to see some feedback and progress from the staff. That, and fix the typo which lead to level 3200 mobs at Pyth.

#23 nayyt

nayyt

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

i had a warrior that didnt lag in the beginning area but when i made a thief i cant even clear f1 in the beginning.

#24 NekoSunny

NekoSunny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

i had these happen to me too!!! i was pissed off~ >:C
this is the second time i started to play gateway again, i created a warrior and when i started playing i started lagging then the lag killed me when i got to lvl 9 so i deleted that character cuz i want the God control medal~ The second time i created it got to lvl 14 then it starts to lag like every freakin second >:C and i got disconnected for like 5 times in 10min D:, when i log back on again right from that moment the lag starts off again! and i still see people behind me talking to me or walking around....

Btw the first time i played DS i created a thief, i got it till lvl 27 or so and i wanted to try and get the legend combo(10,000),i tried like 3-5 times and i ALWAYS got lagged at like 6000 sth and my combo when puff!

I never had these thing happen to me when i was playing on THQ~ or on the EU server(even when i was BSing(battle square) i would only lag a bit but not as enough to get me disconnected)
im thinking of qutting this cuz of these lags

Edited by NekoSunny, 25 November 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#25 Yates

Yates

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

The monsters turn INVISIBLE for me and it pisses me off I hope they fix w/e is broken idk =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users