Tiki tuesday Question lounge for 2/12 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki tuesday Question lounge for 2/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Aloha and hello there folks, here is the place for you to ask some questions before our livestream Tuesday at 3 ish. 

Our Tiki Recipe for the week: 

The Big Bamboo: A blender drink that's long on fruit flavor and light on alcohol. 

1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

1/2 oz orange juice

1/2 oz white grapefruit juice

1/2 oz passion fruit syrup (if you are near a BevMo! I recommend Finest Call Passion Fruit Puree)

1/2 oz dark Jamaican Rum

1 oz gold virgin islands or Cuban rum 

2 dashes Angostura Bitters

4 oz 1/2 cup crushed ice. 

Place all in blender, ice last and blend for 5 seconds. Pour into a tall glass or tiki mug

Big-Bamboo-450x450.jpg

TikiTunes: Listen to this week's curated selection of exotic music while you watch! 

#2 DigitalMayhem

DigitalMayhem

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hey Oda Really enjoy watching Tiki Tuesday just have a few questions, you can just pick one of these i don't mind.

1.Homunculus and Pets seem to generate massive amounts of lag in specific maps (Low TI) do you guys know the cause for this?

Most likely the large numbers of items on the ground that aren't picked up are many more items for the server to have to keep track of. 

2.Do you guys have plans in the future to make the intimacy for Homuns more Renewal Friendly(I.E Homun Loyal Event,Cash shop items) as it stands you can get gene in under a week and still have your Homun at Shy and that completely takes it out of your leveling equation because if you take it to 99 you will most likely end up destroying its stats by over leveling it. 

We have requested battle manual style buffs for homunculii and kRO sounded interested.

3.Why is super novice chant still broken the viability of my melee novice is almost nonexistent right now are you guys able to fix this?

Since the new super novice is considered to be a new class it seems to not recognize the class as being viable so we are reporting this up. 

Thanks will enjoy watching ^_^

-EDIT-

First Post ^_~

Edited by Oda, 11 February 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#3 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Oda, when we will get the new jRO hairstyles?

Oda and Campitor...what's your favorite RO class to play? And which one you consider is the coolest looking and why? (And no...GM class doesn't count)

Favorite class is Monk, but Priest is also a favorite since you always can feel useful. Coolest looking for me are the Assassin class characters (up to trans class)

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

hiding and cloaking skills dont display the skill name over the characters head.... can we get this for Kagerou's skill Shadow Hiding? its a real disadvantage in pvp situations when people can see exactly where you are just from the skill name display... also Kagerou's Tenebris armor isnt working properly, its supposed to proc the level of Illusion Shadow learned which it only does for level 2 and higher.... only learning level 1 Illusion Shadow will not cause the Tenebris to proc... also ice charms dont seem to really increase the damage of freezing spear properly... the damage is very weak vs the damage from either flame petals or wind blade of the same levels... can anything be done about these issues?

We will have to create reports to request from kRO.

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

Is there still plans to add account wide entrance quests for stuff like Nameless for the Classic server?

#6 scorpio777

scorpio777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Oda or Camp :D

( pertains to renewal server )

1) Is there any sort of homunculus intimacy overhaul coming?

2) Could we get a homunculus intimacy event please? it would fit into valentines

( since we love our homuns too :D )

We have requested items from kRO that would effect homunculus intimacy.

Edited by Oda, 11 February 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#7 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

there's been a lot of talk recently about hocus pocus and how people want "it fixed" and you guys say "its already fixed", so this past week i have been making a hocus pocus team, powercord bard/dancer and a scholar. Scholar is the only one that is not completed but i have already run into a snag. Powercord use to remove the 2 gem usage yet now it only reduces the usage by 1, meaning every cast of hocus pocus still uses 1 yellow gemstone. Now being that the summoner is there and BB's are so prevalent hocus pocus should be put back to the way it was, free in zeny terms but as a person who just made a bard/dancer duo on non-vip accts i can tell you its not really that "easy" and takes a lot of time and preparation to do. Being a player that avidly summoned during the LOD leveling craze i feel like i can accurately tell you what "fixed" means and how to make this skill again something that can be used by the community. I believe that hocus pocus parties again can be a fun group activity and i will update next week once the summoner is complete on inconsistencies between old hocus pocus (2004-2005 days) and how it stands today without much risk of abuse.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing more of your impressions/testing.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Could you test if the Rollie Eggmaster is really perfect for the office? http://youtu.be/1XILbEZlS0U?t=1m10s

And when are we getting expanded Alberta (August 16th, 2011)? We're going to be 3 years behind at this rate.

#9 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

when will classic get their bio3 hwiz spawn fix?

The classic bio 3 high wizard spawn can be discussed, but it's not broken.

when will classic have a horse hat?

Not at this time. 

is it possible to reduce guild caps during woe in classic and disable alliance?

This we are not able to change at this time. 

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:00 AM

Why do you keep nerfing me?

#11 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

Can we have a answer to these questions in regards to accounts:

Is it legal to buy an account from other players?

no.

Is it legal to be gifted an account from other players (not bought but given).

No. 

Is it legal to share an account in regards to guild use and or personal use?

We do not suspend for sharing an account, but if there is a hack or deleted characters a shared account may make it non-eligible for restoration. 

Why is there a gigantic crab in Morroc :P

omgbossmonster_zps99d2843f.jpg

#12 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

there's been a lot of talk recently about hocus pocus and how people want "it fixed" and you guys say "its already fixed", so this past week i have been making a hocus pocus team, powercord bard/dancer and a scholar. Scholar is the only one that is not completed but i have already run into a snag. Powercord use to remove the 2 gem usage yet now it only reduces the usage by 1, meaning every cast of hocus pocus still uses 1 yellow gemstone. Now being that the summoner is there and BB's are so prevalent hocus pocus should be put back to the way it was, free in zeny terms but as a person who just made a bard/dancer duo on non-vip accts i can tell you its not really that "easy" and takes a lot of time and preparation to do. Being a player that avidly summoned during the LOD leveling craze i feel like i can accurately tell you what "fixed" means and how to make this skill again something that can be used by the community. I believe that hocus pocus parties again can be a fun group activity and i will update next week once the summoner is complete on inconsistencies between old hocus pocus (2004-2005 days) and how it stands today without much risk of abuse.

The change that occured on iRO was the chances of getting the taming and mvp skill was reduced a lot more than it was originally ;v

#13 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

The change that occured on iRO was the chances of getting the taming and mvp skill was reduced a lot more than it was originally ;v

I don't think either of those are fair what with BBs e_e and the taming rate is low enough not to mention you have to deal with constant bwinging and crap.

Old Hocus Pocus pls. Also, unblock it from MVP maps!

#14 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

How often are you going to rotate the Summoner's MVP? Also, can you please extend the cool down on the Summoner? I have made my points on the thread and I *really* do not want to see other MVP cards become so saturated like Tao Gunka did. 

Please! This is for the sake of the server's life span.

#15 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

(All Classic)

1. Please fix HWiz spawn

2. Please fix the God Item problem of a certain guild leader, if that has not been resolved already. 

Both of these were addressed.

3. Is Thor's Dungeon part of the new spotlight?

4. Can we have a turn in event to go alongside the Ice Dungeon spotlight? Hmmmm?

5. How goes getting Classic Sakray set up?

Edited by Rythen, 11 February 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#16 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

http://irowiki.org/w..._~_(2010/09/16)

This again? :V

#17 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Yessssssss

#18 Psyfer

Psyfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Will you Possibly Be Adding in Any New Pets? other then the Nightmare terror i would like to see on classic the Rice cake and a few other pets 

also will u be bringing back a Box of Tame again?

#19 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Will renewal and classic ever get slotted evil/angel ears or black devil mask?

These have been in the client for a while. I asked Heim a long time ago and he said that he didn't know how to introduce them or something along those lines.

It would be pretty nice to have in a box.

We can definitely check up on those. 

#20 Din85

Din85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Not sure if its a problem but on renewal recently on the field directly to the east of Prontera has had a bunch of mvp monsters and they kill all the new players. they also have been spawning in Prontera culvert.

Edited by Din85, 11 February 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#21 kinkyou012

kinkyou012

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Is there a way for offline players to get a notification that they have mail in-game? The way it works is you get a mail notifications if you are in game and someone just written a mail to you, you receive a notification. If you get a mail while offline and you log back on, you won't get any notification.

Not currently possible in the game, but that would be an excellent feature to request that kRO look into. 

#22 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:49 PM

How often are you going to rotate the Summoner's MVP? Also, can you please extend the cool down on the Summoner? I have made my points on the thread and I *really* do not want to see other MVP cards become so saturated like Tao Gunka did. 

Please! This is for the sake of the server's life span.

A bigger amount of players would be displeased if the cooldown were to be extended. The more time people need to log in to do something and throw money at this game, the better for the server's life span, so I respectfully disagree with your petition (and honestly most MVP cards are coming from the flood of bloody branches every lucky box). Although I still stand on my position of never including MVP like thanatos/fbishop/gtb/beelzebub, which leads to my question:

Are any MVP "banned" from being in the summoner in the future?

Tao Gunka and GTB are note being banned, but they are not on the schedule to return any time soon. 

#23 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Meli, my counter argument to that would be people can still do summoners but not to the extend as it is right now where they can farm it every 9 minutes on different characters as long as they have a lot of characters. If you give them a longer days cool down then it'd slow them down a LOT more and do something else than just farm the summoner.  Extending the cool down would allow players to spend longer time playing the game, paying longer VIPs rather than obtaining rares and quitting the game sooner.

I'm foreseeing Kiel being the next Tao Gunka, when that happens, good luck with that. : |

Edited by WarlockFier, 11 February 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#24 Psyfer

Psyfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

will u be talking about lucky box on classic by chance? the contents of said box

We will have box contents posted up soon. 

#25 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Perhaps you should request a full account cooldown instead of single character cooldown when the summoner is used (this also encourages more VIP accounts). But I doubt GM could do something like that. Side note I spend a lot of time ingame farming EMB to summon, not like you can magically log in and summon without doing other activities.

Edited by meli, 11 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users