2/12 Judy Blume's SuperBirthday maintenance - Page 15 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2/12 Judy Blume's SuperBirthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
399 replies to this topic

#351 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

Actually unfortunately it is actually very hard to make that happen. The last Homunculus loyalty boost event was to make up for the update that had severely altered the balance of homunculi and many users had to restart. Since homunculus loyalty can only be altered through time-consuming direct editing to the database we have asked for kRO to work on developing a battle manual for homunculus intimacy and exp. 

But Oda if ever iRO will have these manuals for intimacy and exp, that would be awesome... Hopefully kRO will develop this. ;)

#352 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

Should of added Cherry Blossom Crown to make it a worthwhile maint.

Though the sprite exists on both Classic and Renewal, the hat had no effects as received from kRO. We requested an update from kRO so we can have the proper effects on it before it's released here in a future box/pack.

#353 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Though the sprite exists on both Classic and Renewal, the hat had no effects as received from kRO. We requested an update from kRO so we can have the proper effects on it before it's released here in a future box/pack.

oda, i think its safe to say that a lot of people dont care about the effect...... u can always implement it later on...

#354 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

oda, i think its safe to say that a lot of people dont care about the effect...... u can always implement it later on...

like they did with the FAW.... or make it a costume like they did with teh Vagabond Wolf Helm

#355 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Yeah no one really cares about the effect honestly.

#356 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

It then creates the issue we had with the Fallen Angel Wings, where the item was not implemented as it would have been if we had the proper effects and enchants. It is highly problematic for us to be changing items that are in the item mall as it fundamentally can change the value of the item as that can be considered false advertising. 

Don't worry, I want this headgear in the game as much as you do, it just won't be in this go-around. 

#357 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

in-game announcements still say juno is the spotlight city. should probably fix that

#358 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Why can't it be a reward for this awful quest instead :/

#359 vicflo

vicflo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Locationva
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

It then creates the issue we had with the Fallen Angel Wings, where the item was not implemented as it would have been if we had the proper effects and enchants. It is highly problematic for us to be changing items that are in the item mall as it fundamentally can change the value of the item as that can be considered false advertising. 

Don't worry, I want this headgear in the game as much as you do, it just won't be in this go-around. 

i can vouch.  sold 2 FAW for 20m (which were pretty useless at the time) a few months before they announced they were going to add the enchanting.  lost out on ~500m or so zeny.

#360 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

if theres ever gonna be a homunculus battle manual, its gonna need to be like x10 exp to bring the homuncs to a more realistic speed of leveling, otherwise the benefit wont even be noticeable. i think you guys should just permaedit their required exp to be 1/2 of what it is now so that people can actually use them as they level instead of hitting 150 with a lvl 100 homunculus that served absolutely no purpose while leveling up. 

#361 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

if theres ever gonna be a homunculus battle manual, its gonna need to be like x10 exp to bring the homuncs to a more realistic speed of leveling, otherwise the benefit wont even be noticeable. i think you guys should just permaedit their required exp to be 1/2 of what it is now so that people can actually use them as they level instead of hitting 150 with a lvl 100 homunculus that served absolutely no purpose while leveling up. 

it also needs to do something to increase loyalty faster.......at it's current state, it takes way too long to get your homunc to evolved loyal

#362 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

i got mine to 99, evolved, and loyal (twice) by the time my biochem was lvl 96

#363 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

You can 99 a biochem from 1/1 regular novice in like 4 hours...

#364 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

That's only if you are leveling it yourself...and not leeching with a Homunc for the majority of it.

#365 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

did IRO ever release the DBZ  SSJ hair?

#366 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

did IRO ever release the DBZ  SSJ hair?

no

#367 grafeisen

grafeisen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationM-m-malangdo Islannnnnddddd
  • Server:Chaotic Renewal

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thank You for the more exp event!  :p_laugh:

#368 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

since when does warp portal care about the economy? the entire idea of a cash shop selling equipment voids out anything even closely representing an economy.

^exactly this. its impossible to loyal/99 a homunculus before youre genetic unless you actually make no effort whatsoever to level the alchemist/biochemist

#369 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

^exactly this. its impossible to loyal/99 a homunculus before youre genetic unless you actually make no effort whatsoever to level the alchemist/biochemist

Mind numbing...please share the wisdom (For real...I want to make a Potter Bio)

#370 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Yeah but... our feedback is appreciated *hic*

Notice how we couldn't get the contents of the boxes until the very last minute?

They didn't even KNOW what to put in them till people started to tell them.

It's a player driven company AND WE'RE the drunk ones! tee hee

Maybe you missed the fact that Oda asked us what we wanted in the Box this month. It wasn't a matter of the fact they didn't know what to put in them. Plus they never reveal the contents of the boxes or groove packs till maintenance is close to being over. It's not like they're going to announce them before maintenance & what difference does it matter when they announce them really? You can see when maintenance is over anyways. It doesn't change a thing. They never have the contents right anyways either.

Oda, why is this a continuous problem? It really doesn't even make sense that it happens in the first place. How can kRO send over the wrong script and/or only part of the script? Why does it take so long for them to simply send over the correct & complete scripts to us in the first place? Have you guys actually requested the scripts to update, & fix the gear we have, so it matches kRO?

You obviously agree that this is a highly problematic situation.

We all know the Fallen Angel Wings was only one of many items that need to be fixed. This other headgear is just one of many items that we don't have also.

#371 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Both leveling a homun to 99 & making it loyal take a lot of time. You don't have to become a gene to do it though. Yes you are limited to ONLY leveling, & feeding your homun, & can't actually level your character at the same time. So it is boring. The biggest problem though is the fact that you have to wait so long before you can create a homun. If you could create the homun earlier on then it would be easier to level it at the same time as you.

Mind numbing...please share the wisdom (For real...I want to make a Potter Bio)

You don't need a homun if you are making a Potter really. It's a waste of time since you won't be using it unless you plan to continue to play your Bio.

#372 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

next maint notes pls

#373 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

You don't need a homun if you are making a Potter really. It's a waste of time since you won't be using it unless you plan to continue to play your Bio.

Vanilmirth's instruction change is needed for +5% success rate.

#374 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

Only reason I got a Homunc on my Biochem to be honest....though I did level it for a while.

#375 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

'editing the homunculus required exp would take alot of time micro editing the games source code'.

so? do it. its something that shouldve been done when renewal was introduced. gravity forgot to update half of the game with the renewal patch and has just left everything outdated and broken since. its time to start fixing stuff already so people will actually want to play this game.

hell, sealed shrine is STILL broken. bapho is currently unkillable even with a full team of genetics, thanks to the seals not working

assuming its really even giving you a 5% success rate. considering the fact that the buff disappears as soon as you leave a map, i highly doubt its doing anything for your genetic at all. theres no way possible to prove it either unless you looked at the games coding directly. just another thing on the long list of stuff thats been left broken for far too long

Edited by killedbytofu, 15 February 2014 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users