• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

Seems like the population is starting to steadily decrease (assumption is based on how bust the channels "Look")

anyone care to comment? i really wish the game was more popular because it IS a great game...but with all the recent lag and the mysterious absence of advertising, what will happen to this game... xD

#2 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

Seems like the population is starting to steadily decrease (assumption is based on how bust the channels "Look")

anyone care to comment? i really wish the game was more popular because it IS a great game...but with all the recent lag and the mysterious absence of advertising, what will happen to this game... xD

A former THQ member inside joke?

#3 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Huh? i don't really understand what your asking me...lol

is this a joke?...um...no? :(

#4 Diatus

Diatus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationOrting, WA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Temporary hiatus until connection issues are fixed and/or until 4th classes / level cap is introduced, imo.

#5 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:31 PM

Temporary hiatus until connection issues are fixed and/or until 4th classes / level cap is introduced, imo.

I see, but i remember checking the american (this version) of the game like...6 months ago maybe? and it never seemed that big... at least in comparison to the SEA version, which just annoyed me...with all the singlish and lag i would get from it.

#6 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

I see, but i remember checking the american (this version) of the game like...6 months ago maybe? and it never seemed that big... at least in comparison to the SEA version, which just annoyed me...with all the singlish and lag i would get from it.

6 months ago we had a publisher who did no advertising and actually abandoned the game. I don't think you can come up with any type of accurate conclusion by compiling observations about THQ dragonica with observations of Warp Portal Dragon Saga. They may be American versions, but they are not really the same version.

I can understand why chaosdragon would think this.

#7 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

Technically speaking, this game is only a week old. How exactly could it be dying? It's pretty much booming due to pre-existing accounts. Also, it will really get rolling after all of the Paris Patch is available. ESPECIALLY when the Christmas events rolls around.

#8 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

6 months ago we had a publisher who did no advertising and actually abandoned the game. I don't think you can come up with any type of accurate conclusion by compiling observations about THQ dragonica with observations of Warp Portal Dragon Saga. They may be American versions, but they are not really the same version.

I can understand why chaosdragon would think this.

I haven't seen any advertising from this game yet...but maybe thats just me. Also, i really dont get why you... or chaosdragon think this....tbh i don't even have a clue at all what you guys are even talking about. Ive been out of MMO's for awhile so i guess its one of those things 0_o

Technically speaking, this game is only a week old. How exactly could it be dying? It's pretty much booming due to pre-existing accounts. Also, it will really get rolling after all of the Paris Patch is available. ESPECIALLY when the Christmas events rolls around.

This is booming? lol one quarter filled channel and the rest empty? are there even 100 people online at the moment. Usually when a game launches thats when its at its biggest stage (the hype from waiting) and THEN the population slowly decreases, but then again, this is only an observation, not a fact.

Look, you guys might see it as ignorant, or rude (because it hard to express your true intentions on the internet) but i am a realist, this game is pretty empty right now. I asked for comments on the MATTER (low population) not comments on my intentions "Is this a THQ joke" (i still dont get it)

Edited by Ziack, 03 November 2010 - 03:58 PM.

#9 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

I haven't seen any advertising from this game yet...but maybe thats just me. Also, i really dont get why you... or chaosdragon think this....tbh i don't even have a clue at all what you guys are even talking about. Ive been out of MMO's for awhile so i guess its one of those things 0_o

This is booming? lol one quarter filled channel and the rest empty? are there even 100 people online at the moment.

Look, you guys might see it as ignorant, or rude (because it hard to express your true intentions on the internet) but i am a realist, this game is pretty empty right now. I asked for comments on the MATTER (low population) not comments on my intentions "Is this a THQ joke" (i still dont get it)

I don't see a lot of free MMO games advertising themselves. It's been only a week since the commercial release, give it some time. Plus, there isn't any new content for the already capped players making them wait until they have something to do.

You can't expect a game that just went through a major change to be as populated as the one that's been stable for a long time.

#10 Kaza

Kaza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

I don't see a lot of free MMO games advertising themselves. It's been only a week since the commercial release, give it some time. Plus, there isn't any new content for the already capped players making them wait until they have something to do.

You can't expect a game that just went through a major change to be as populated as the one that's been stable for a long time.

I would consider Dragon Saga on, Facebook, Twitter and Myspace advertisement guess not.

#11 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

Well that's simply not true. If i go to an MMO website like MMOSITE or MMORPG.com, i can see advertising all around the edges and topics related to games. Not only this, but i receive dozens of emails (daily) from game companies talking about thier new games.

I was waiting for the NA version to relaunch, but had no idea that it had (due to the fact i received no notification) and i play both RO and ROSE with Gravity.

Plenty of game companies advertise, this i can say, but in MY experience, Gravity has not been one of these companies.

#12 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

Well that's simply not true. If i go to an MMO website like MMOSITE or MMORPG.com, i can see advertising all around the edges and topics related to games. Not only this, but i receive dozens of emails (daily) from game companies talking about thier new games.

I was waiting for the NA version to relaunch, but had no idea that it had (due to the fact i received no notification) and i play both RO and ROSE with Gravity.

Plenty of game companies advertise, this i can say, but in MY experience, Gravity has not been one of these companies.

Let me say this again, the commercial launch has only been for a week. It's hard to even say this is a commercial launch with so much bugs, lags, and no new contents. Give it time.

#13 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

The game isnt dying its population is small since its new and the amount of server crashes makes alot of players get kicked and frustrated i stoppedplayng today because it took em 2 hours to walk to libra with all the server crashes(was at Nightlord) server crashe mnaybe 14 times or so making alot of player go do something else or even go play other games(Ps3 Xbox MMOs Wii) cause its agitating to not be able to play MM or even get to 100 kills without the game crash today it crashed more than usual for me and i got very agitated until i quit with only 2% gained

#14 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Let me say this again, the commercial launch has only been for a week. It's hard to even say this is a commercial launch with so much bugs, lags, and no new contents. Give it time.

Its better if you don't talk down to people by assuming you need to repeat yourself xD i read your comment clearly and came up with some objective responses. Like i said aswell, a game is usually more populated during the first week then say... a year later.

What has been commercial about this release? other then the fact our characters wont be deleted? and its like you said, with all the bugs and lag, do you think new players will even think to try again later? or will they move onto something else? I think the game should be trying to appeal to new players more then anything... once again, just my opinions :(

#15 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

The game isnt dying its population is small since its new and the amount of server crashes makes alot of players get kicked and frustrated i stoppedplayng today because it took em 2 hours to walk to libra with all the server crashes(was at Nightlord) server crashe mnaybe 14 times or so making alot of player go do something else or even go play other games(Ps3 Xbox MMOs Wii) cause its agitating to not be able to play MM or even get to 100 kills without the game crash today it crashed more than usual for me and i got very agitated until i quit with only 2% gained

I mean... its good that you are so mellow that you will just come back later... but like i keep saying, what will a NEW player think? You already ove this game and know its worth it.

#16 Kaza

Kaza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Its better if you don't talk down to people by assuming you need to repeat yourself xD i read your comment clearly and came up with some objective responses. Like i said aswell, a game is usually more populated during the first week then say... a year later.

What has been commercial about this release? other then the fact our characters wont be deleted? and its like you said, with all the bugs and lag, do you think new players will even think to try again later? or will they move onto something else? I think the game should be trying to appeal to new players more then anything... once again, just my opinions :(

The thing about opinions is also about accepting other opinions, you both have your views so stop trying to prove one view is better than the others. That is called an argument not a view.

#17 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

The thing about opinions is also about accepting other opinions, you both have your views so stop trying to prove one view is better than the others. That is called an argument not a view.

Unfortunately... while talking on the internet, the difference between opinions and arguments is a very fine line. One thing you should never do though (if you want to avoid an argument) is tell people what to do..."Stop trying to prove..." thats just....irritating, and i'll leave it at that xDD

#18 Nodke

Nodke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

I mean... its good that you are so mellow that you will just come back later... but like i keep saying, what will a NEW player think? You already ove this game and know its worth it.

They quit my cousin was new(made him start) the lag made him quit

#19 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

I'm guessing they will advertise more when we have some new content to advertise, 4th job and paris patch. The full release hasn't even happened yet as far as I am concerned. We have less then we had before and less content then gravity said we were going to have, so this is more of a beta. If the game is dead already that is sad because it means upon the actual release the game will be stillborn. T_T

#20 Kaza

Kaza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:32 PM

Unfortunately... while talking on the internet, the difference between opinions and arguments is a very fine line. One thing you should never do though (if you want to avoid an argument) is tell people what to do..."Stop trying to prove..." thats just....irritating, and i'll leave it at that xDD

People? No, Abc's is a friend of mine I was talking directly to you or I wouldn't quote you at all. In my eyes your view is wrong and his is right, but if I told you that would you try to say his is wrong? People mistake what a discussion is, and if what I said is irritating you, you have problems I'll leave it at that.

#21 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

People? No, Abc's is a friend of mine I was talking directly to you or I wouldn't quote you at all. In my eyes your view is wrong and his is right, but if I told you that would you try to say his is wrong? People mistake what a discussion is, and if what I said is irritating you, you have problems I'll leave it at that.

The community is so nice here...

In any case, it's irrelevant whether or not i'm wrong or have "Problems" lol. I guess we'll see if the population every gets bigger wont we? and please, don't insult me, as i did no such thing to you.

Edited by Ziack, 03 November 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#22 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

lol

Edited by Paxon, 03 November 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#23 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

Huh? i don't really understand what your asking me...lol

is this a joke?...um...no? :(

I didn't know if you were being sarcastic about the "advertising" part. This is something that was discussed multiple times back in THQ. I wasn't sure if you were a former THQ DO player or a new player. But some people got what I was refering to, lol.

#24 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

Facebook and twitter can count as advertising, but I saw Dragonica in an ad at newgrounds.com. I feel lucky that this was my first MMO since I feel it is very well done. But I cant imagine many more people joining the game just by word of mouth. I had a friend at 65 and he just took his gf and quit, no intention of returning. The end game content is minimal, there are frequent, severe lag problems including disconnections and deaths that steal your exp.
The connection problem is severe if it happens multiple times a day.
The item mall is really messed up as well.
There are so many functions in the game that regular and long time players are unsure of. Por ejemplo:IM weapons, houses, OLD sets, end game, 4th class.
IT feels like the game is 75% complete and Warpportal marketed it as an official commercial release. This kind of uncertainty and poor performance alienates regular players and dissuades new players from becoming regular players.

#25 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

I didn't know if you were being sarcastic about the "advertising" part. This is something that was discussed multiple times back in THQ. I wasn't sure if you were a former THQ DO player or a new player. But some people got what I was refering to, lol.

Oh i see. While i did play for a very brief time under the old company, i was not aware of the fact there were many topics about this already. That being the case, i can see where you were coming from though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users