35 replies to this topic

#26 TheAcen

TheAcen

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

We're pretty much the test users.

Think of this as a beta test but in a release candidate sort of sense.

#27 RennyB

RennyB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

Even thq's beta had more pop than we do now. People probably don't even know this game is back. It seems that 80% of the players here came from Old DO and the rest maybe pulled from the other warpportal games. I honestly don't see this game getting many more players even with advertising. Even if we got a massive wave of players there are a lot that will find problems with the bugs, the grind, or pretty much anything.

If I were to put my feet in a completely new persons shoes and I booted up the game only to find that there was no one in the first 2-3 maps I'd probably rage quit. This game isnt so newbie friendly anymore. Even If they managed to make it past the fact that the maps are pretty much empty till you pass POW they still have to try to find the game appealing after dealing with the bugs. If they're still sticking it through after all of that they still have to make it through the grind. I have a feeling were not going to be seeing any new end-gamers anytime soon.

Even now I question if I even want to stay. Most of the population I see are people just afk-ing in towns. Its pretty overwhelming knowing I've only got maybe 10-12 levels to the cap and yet I cant find a single party. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way. This is supposed to be a game where you should pretty much always have a party to grind with. If you don't have that then I don't see how you could enjoy the game.

#28 LinkKirby

LinkKirby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

Even thq's beta had more pop than we do now. People probably don't even know this game is back. It seems that 80% of the players here came from Old DO and the rest maybe pulled from the other warpportal games. I honestly don't see this game getting many more players even with advertising. Even if we got a massive wave of players there are a lot that will find problems with the bugs, the grind, or pretty much anything.

If I were to put my feet in a completely new persons shoes and I booted up the game only to find that there was no one in the first 2-3 maps I'd probably rage quit. This game isnt so newbie friendly anymore. Even If they managed to make it past the fact that the maps are pretty much empty till you pass POW they still have to try to find the game appealing after dealing with the bugs. If they're still sticking it through after all of that they still have to make it through the grind. I have a feeling were not going to be seeing any new end-gamers anytime soon.

Even now I question if I even want to stay. Most of the population I see are people just afk-ing in towns. Its pretty overwhelming knowing I've only got maybe 10-12 levels to the cap and yet I cant find a single party. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way. This is supposed to be a game where you should pretty much always have a party to grind with. If you don't have that then I don't see how you could enjoy the game.

It is a bit strange, to be honest. I've got about three levels to go before I hit the level cap and there is never anyone doing... well, anything besides being afk, at all hours of the day. Maybe I can't find a party because I'm the last one who hasn't hit 65 yet or something, but it's still frustrating seeing that there's never a single person looking for a CSS or CE party in town.

#29 Ziack

Ziack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

Even thq's beta had more pop than we do now. People probably don't even know this game is back. It seems that 80% of the players here came from Old DO and the rest maybe pulled from the other warpportal games. I honestly don't see this game getting many more players even with advertising. Even if we got a massive wave of players there are a lot that will find problems with the bugs, the grind, or pretty much anything. If I were to put my feet in a completely new persons shoes and I booted up the game only to find that there was no one in the first 2-3 maps I'd probably rage quit. This game isnt so newbie friendly anymore. Even If they managed to make it past the fact that the maps are pretty much empty till you pass POW they still have to try to find the game appealing after dealing with the bugs. If they're still sticking it through after all of that they still have to make it through the grind. I have a feeling were not going to be seeing any new end-gamers anytime soon.Even now I question if I even want to stay. Most of the population I see are people just afk-ing in towns. Its pretty overwhelming knowing I've only got maybe 10-12 levels to the cap and yet I cant find a single party. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way. This is supposed to be a game where you should pretty much always have a party to grind with. If you don't have that then I don't see how you could enjoy the game.

It is a bit strange, to be honest. I've got about three levels to go before I hit the level cap and there is never anyone doing... well, anything besides being afk, at all hours of the day. Maybe I can't find a party because I'm the last one who hasn't hit 65 yet or something, but it's still frustrating seeing that there's never a single person looking for a CSS or CE party in town.

FINALLY! people who are agreeing with me about something! =P its refreshing... to say the least

I feel for you guys, alot of time went into your characters and now you cant even find people to party with..

#30 Kimimaro

Kimimaro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

The way I see it, the population isn't dying, it just wasn't big to begin with.

The lack of updates and new content (VC, Drakos, 4th job, level cap, and etc) doesn't really help either.

Remember that the main reason why THQ was on the verge of dying was because of the slow to none updates.

#31 Rinnosuke

Rinnosuke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

fact: gravity doesn't advertise
proof: look at ragnarok

other points: we are missing features and every other player is experiencing lag

#32 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:36 AM

A lot of people have grown used to exp events and would rather not grind with the regular exp. Grind parties should appear more when we do have these events, and it would be easier to join one in a big guild.

Random parties are generally bad anyway, as the people may leave during the grind or can't carry their own weight.

#33 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

It does seem a bit low, but I didn't play THQ enough to compare to that really.

It's frustrating that there are never any parties at the MMs I'm on, and even using megaphone doesn't find active people sometimes. Though it might be my weird play hours. The only way I can really level with people is when the guildies come on.

#34 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

It does seem a bit low, but I didn't play THQ enough to compare to that really.

It's frustrating that there are never any parties at the MMs I'm on, and even using megaphone doesn't find active people sometimes. Though it might be my weird play hours. The only way I can really level with people is when the guildies come on.

the population now is less than the old Dekard before the closing. And at that time, Vyvern somehow is more populated. Well, that is what I remember. :P

#35 TheAcen

TheAcen

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

You guys are missing that it's only been released for a week (or two?)

It'll be popular again, wait and see.

#36 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

*sigh* Looks like I'm gonna have to join a guild after all... There are so many little guilds that barely have any players near my lvl for parties. I need 7 more lvls so I can join ascension.

But I agree with those who said there is virtually nobody at MM's anymore. It's worse when you pass Libra.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users