Preview: Air Fortress Darkwhisper - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Preview: Air Fortress Darkwhisper

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

An add that spawns adds? Don't give the Devs bad ideas.

How about a boss that spawns adds that spawn adds that spawn more adds +_+???

sorry but still far away from this.

#27 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hopefully people know that only the third tier is a Raid. People will need to reach the middle tier before they can start raiding. The first release may not even include all three tiers.

#28 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Inb4 the fortress is bugged and is not in the air but underground.

I think the dungeon is part underground and part in the sky. If you were an evil assassin that wanted to summon an evil valkyrie, you wouldn't hide the entrance to your fortress in plain sight where everyone can rush in and stop you. So basically I think this is gonna be a dungeon within a dungeon.

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

So basically I think this is gonna be a dungeon within a dungeon.

Balloon-ception.

tumblr_m8r5p9lfAu1rdfttjo1_500.jpg

#30 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

A raid fortress that has 10 small fortresses inside, so each raid member "can" have chance to solo bosses that spawns mini bosses that spawn tiny bosses, bla bla xD

#31 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

It's not just a floating cave by the way. Air Fortress Darkwhisper is what it was called in the Ragnarok Manwha and it was a floating mass of biomechanics. Basically, you're going to be walking into the pit of...something both living and non-living. Expecting a lot of monsters that requires a ton of players in a raid to handle. Sort of like how Fallen Fortress is with 2 Dimensional Portals surrounding you with infinite spawned monsters that can either Mute or Stun you.

#32 7657130507012220560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

It's not just a floating cave by the way. Air Fortress Darkwhisper is what it was called in the Ragnarok Manwha and it was a floating mass of biomechanics. Basically, you're going to be walking into the pit of...something both living and non-living. Expecting a lot of monsters that requires a ton of players in a raid to handle. Sort of like how Fallen Fortress is with 2 Dimensional Portals surrounding you with infinite spawned monsters that can either Mute or Stun you.

I'm expecting nothing but bugs.

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

Keep your expectations low and your feet on the ground (unless the next update makes everyone float).

#34 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Keep your expectations low and your feet on the ground (unless the next update makes everyone float).

Actually floating happens at least once a week to someone... so may as well became a pandemic

Edited by Kiryu, 04 March 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#35 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:29 AM

Actually floating happens at least once a week to someone... so may as well became a pandemic

SomeONE, but not EVERYONE.

#36 LordCrustyBoxers

LordCrustyBoxers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

*drools for new content*

#37 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

So I'm guessing Darkwhisper is going to be a field map that leads to the Himmelmez Death Fort raid

#38 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Ever played legend of legaia, in that game when you beat the air fortress it means you killed the power, and have to escape before the place crashes.

#39 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

*drools for new content*

*puts bib on crusty*

#40 aznphoen1x

aznphoen1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

Wow, I kind of like the way the dungeon looks. The art looks very nice! It looks handcrafted, which is what I like about RO2 art style in general. Give this dungeon/raid interesting and challenging boss mechanics and I think we have a winner! It also looks like the kind of dungeon/raid that you could give some puzzle elements to. And then solving the puzzles will allow you to continue further. I'm interested as to what this dungeon will be like, very nice :happy:

#41 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

I hope to go in that you will need a drop from each last boss of the previous raids and that you can't skip bosses in the raids but you are forced to kill every boss to attack the one after this will focus the attention on the bugs that affect the previous raids and that force people just to skip them

#42 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

I hope to go in that you will need a drop from each last boss of the previous raids and that you can't skip bosses in the raids but you are forced to kill every boss to attack the one after this will focus the attention on the bugs that affect the previous raids and that force people just to skip them

Instead of that, the requirement could be as simple as must have completed The kings test quest.

#43 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Instead of that, the requirement could be as simple as must have completed The kings test quest.

plus a drop from chaos and i agree whit you

#44 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Too many announcements of announcements going on in games lately. JUST RELEASE THE CONTENT STOP TEASING ME.

#45 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

This dungeon is the Half point end-game content for advent of Valkyrie, however the models of the dungeons were released way too early for people to see.

The Dungeon is multi-floored, meaning you take your own ascension up to the skies of morocc, meaning you'll be heading through the castle ruins first, defeating whats there and activating the teleportation pad to the next point, and this drags on to the point where you reach multiple shattered floors that were once connected, the teleporter pad is there to help you up into the sky fortress, but it's all about defeating the bosses and mobs, and accessing the upper parts using the teleport pad.

The two enemies, and the most common ones you'll be facing

Witch Bijou

Valkyrie Himmelmez

Also a good note to you all, I advise you prepare for this one, Poison is definitely a likelyhood debuff in this one.

Raise your weapons high, and fight in the sky, as you will face the most familiar faces...~

Edited by AmiiMii, 05 March 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#46 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

This dungeon is the Half point end-game content for advent of Valkyrie, however the models of the dungeons were released way too early for people to see.

The Dungeon is multi-floored, meaning you take your own ascension up to the skies of morocc, meaning you'll be heading through the castle ruins first, defeating whats there and activating the teleportation pad to the next point, and this drags on to the point where you reach multiple shattered floors that were once connected, the teleporter pad is there to help you up into the sky fortress, but it's all about defeating the bosses and mobs, and accessing the upper parts using the teleport pad.

Also a good note to you all, I advise you prepare for this one, Poison is definitely a likelyhood debuff in this one.

Raise your weapons high, and fight in the sky, as you will face the most familiar faces...~

What you say somehow brought memories of Thanatos Tower to my mind. The whole beating bosses and mobs, activate teleport/warps for next floor and so on and on until the top floor. Sounds pretty epic, I hope its what we expect :P

#47 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

Sounds complicated by RO2's standards-

I'd hate to be the pessimist, but can our humble devs meet these expectations? :hmm:

#48 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Inb4 those teleports mess your coordinates up or teleport you to a different map.

It really really really sounds good and all, but just knowing that this thing will be released and be made by the same devs that messed up their honing system pretty bad, I'm not looking forward to it :/

#49 5632131222164905520

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

"Air Fortress Darkwhisper patch promises a bug free patch and class balance. It will be released on April 1, 2014.

Enjoy!"

-Ro2 Devs

where?  :rice:

#50 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:12 AM

where? :rice:

*points to date* There was a good reason for using that day specifically...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users