Patch Notes 3/5 (3:30 am to 9:30 am PST) - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 3/5 (3:30 am to 9:30 am PST)

135 replies to this topic

#26 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:58 AM

Superintendent Glasses were already in Munil Boxes :C

PS: Will ranks be updated today after maintenance?

Edited by monimonih, 05 March 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#27 SieghartLance

SieghartLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:23 AM

Damn I feel so unlucky coz I will not be able to exchange my cacaos, chocolates and cakes today.. oh well  -_-

#28 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

It would be really fun if you fixed the broken quest chain for ghost ship/delta.  That is kind of important.

#29 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

is there anything you guys can do for the sorc's hit rate? I've been told that my sorc should be OP by it's equips however, I keep missing on people who has a lot less agi than me and ends up killing me.

#30 Snutch

Snutch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

It would be really fun if you fixed the broken quest chain for ghost ship/delta.  That is kind of important.

I second this :3 please fix the broken quests Dx

#31 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

I second this :3 please fix the broken quests Dx

We had quests??? B-but this game was supposed to be 100% grinding  :hmm:

#32 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

I find your LACK of CLASS fixes.... disturbing......

#33 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:21 AM

It may already be in the "fix it queue" but if you have the quest name and how it is breaking the quest chain it would help us to double check and make sure it is fixed.
As for class balancing, those are a major focus this month in particular to address the class specific things. 

-

More bug fixes are added, No more dying at end of Colo and losing MP from Dots, and Wizards should be getting proper Magic Power.  This week was going to contain an updated re-implementation of the Honing system, but there were a few points we wanted to get addressed with the honing before reintroduction.  The honing is designed to to be a core part of all equipment, especially the master level gear, the stats granted by the new honing are substantially less crazy high and some of the lack of control for you players was addressed as well.

#34 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

Much detail
Very change
such wow

#35 Snutch

Snutch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

We had quests??? B-but this game was supposed to be 100% grinding  :hmm:

B-bu I though it was only 100% grinding when you hit ML? :hmm: or Am I wrong? :p_omg:

#36 Daxion1369

Daxion1369

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

Not bad this week, can't wait for the rest of the updates. As for the honing system, it was ok, just hope it doesn't go haywire like it did last time. Think I'll reconstruct my green deck while I wait for the servers to get up and running. Have a great one ladies and gents. 

#37 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

It may already be in the "fix it queue" but if you have the quest name and how it is breaking the quest chain it would help us to double check and make sure it is fixed.
As for class balancing, those are a major focus this month in particular to address the class specific things. 

-

More bug fixes are added, No more dying at end of Colo and losing MP from Dots, and Wizards should be getting proper Magic Power.  This week was going to contain an updated re-implementation of the Honing system, but there were a few points we wanted to get addressed with the honing before reintroduction.  The honing is designed to to be a core part of all equipment, especially the master level gear, the stats granted by the new honing are substantially less crazy high and some of the lack of control for you players was addressed as well.

I've already made a report about these bugged/missing quests which trigger a long and quite important chain of quests, including dungeon ones, and said report is here: http://forums.warppo...-missing-again/

It includes the names of the missing quests, and those are chained to more of the similar name.

Lemme ask you, Heim, are you guys really sure you should be implementing Honing system when we still have many unbalancing issues around? This is a pretty serious concern. I understand this is/was a planned update and youre eage to push it out, but I doubt it will "help" anyone if we keep on dragging all previous issues (such as new stats formulas being weird/broken, making AGI the only absolute relevant stat to put pts into, primary/second stats being useless, dodge/hitrate being absurd,etc). I know, theres a lot to fix and I can't expect it all done by now, but gamebreaking bugs should be adressed first of all before pushing out updates. People won't mind not having new content for a while if it means we can get more pressing matters solved fast. I'm simply worried about Honing, even if reworked, just further unbalancing classes both in pve and pvp. 

Few other important questions:

Will we be able to re-hone a piece of gear with this coming Honing re-implementation?

- Will this system replace and remove the use of both red and blue seed-runes? Because if those happen to "vanish" to give room to Honing, many players will be pissed at the money spent on them already, and their high % obtained now.

- Will DoTs be ever balanced out? There's only 1-2 classes with very high DoTs damage, while the other classes DoTs have been completely nerfed to a point its completely useless even if maxed, primary examples being Poison Arrow and Poison Dagger being absolute trash even on a heavily geared player (ml20, full osiris, +20'd weapons, maxed stats, maxed skills, etc). This isnt an individual class balancing issue, but it affects it much too.

- Will we ever get non-kp options to obtain items such as Applied No-Element? Say, make it a boss drop or purchased with mp.

- Will primary stats (int/str) ever become more relevant and worth to invest in them? And agi should affect less things and not all hitrate/dodge/crit.

Thanks for the current fixes, guys, I know you're pulling out your hair trying to get more things done.

#38 Adaria

Adaria

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

B-bu I though it was only 100% grinding when you hit ML? :hmm: or Am I wrong? :p_omg:

PandeeChio aka Natsu was just being sarcastic. Don't mind her -.-

#39 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

3.  Wizards should be properly getting the 3 MagicPower per Int (this should increase their effectiveness)

*Facepalm* I think this will put a patch on the sp consumption BUT this will make wizards way more op against other players. They will became all a 1 hit death dealer D:

#40 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

PandeeChio aka Natsu was just being sarcastic. Don't mind her -.-

Just a reminder 158 quests were removed which included lots of "Kill this and that monsters" which means you if you dont grind couple levels(Or have suddenly 50% 24hour exp boost)  you are gonna be underlevelled =.= 

#41 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

I've already made a report about these bugged/missing quests which trigger a long and quite important chain of quests, including dungeon ones, and said report is here: http://forums.warppo...-missing-again/

It includes the names of the missing quests, and those are chained to more of the similar name.

Lemme ask you, Heim, are you guys really sure you should be implementing Honing system when we still have many unbalancing issues around? This is a pretty serious concern. I understand this is/was a planned update and youre eage to push it out, but I doubt it will "help" anyone if we keep on dragging all previous issues (such as new stats formulas being weird/broken, making AGI the only absolute relevant stat to put pts into, primary/second stats being useless, dodge/hitrate being absurd,etc). I know, theres a lot to fix and I can't expect it all done by now, but gamebreaking bugs should be adressed first of all before pushing out updates. People won't mind not having new content for a while if it means we can get more pressing matters solved fast. I'm simply worried about Honing, even if reworked, just further unbalancing classes both in pve and pvp. 

Few other important questions:

Will we be able to re-hone a piece of gear with this coming Honing re-implementation?

- Will this system replace and remove the use of both red and blue seed-runes? Because if those happen to "vanish" to give room to Honing, many players will be pissed at the money spent on them already, and their high % obtained now.

- Will DoTs be ever balanced out? There's only 1-2 classes with very high DoTs damage, while the other classes DoTs have been completely nerfed to a point its completely useless even if maxed, primary examples being Poison Arrow and Poison Dagger being absolute trash even on a heavily geared player (ml20, full osiris, +20'd weapons, maxed stats, maxed skills, etc). This isnt an individual class balancing issue, but it affects it much too.

- Will we ever get non-kp options to obtain items such as Applied No-Element? Say, make it a boss drop or purchased with mp.

- Will primary stats (int/str) ever become more relevant and worth to invest in them? And agi should affect less things and not all hitrate/dodge/crit.

Thanks for the current fixes, guys, I know you're pulling out your hair trying to get more things done.

For the quests, I only ask because I am not normally the one that takes in specific bug reports, i have a different job here.  But if it is already submitted as you say, then it is in the pot of fix its.
For honing, yes re-honing will be possible, for the launch period we will be allowing it to be done rather freely so players can get a better feel for how it works and not feel pinned in by it.  No, the runes won't go away, that isn't the intention at all, the honing is litterally an extra set of stats that the items already have the "potential" to have.  Before there were 2 things that made things go haywire 1. the range of intended stats was much higher, that has been cut back significantly (to about 1/3 prior max) and there was an overflow bug that was allowing edge cases to get absolutely absurd values.  As for whether we "should", it is more a matter of we need to.  Honing will go far to address issues of characters that have a stat gap, as well as power everyone up a few steps so the game content will be more managable.  During the AOV update the ML areas had their monsters nerfed so that the no-honing equipment was still good enough to handle them.  At some point (not immediately) those monsters will get back the power they lost (Osiris I'm talking about you specifically).  Part of the work the past couple weeks has been to not only balance the amount of stats, but also to allow a bit more control for you to decide what stats can occur (less random).  Certainly you can't just pick what 3~4 stats you get, but you won't be so random when you get a powder, you will eventually (after the launch testing period) be able to selectively remove unwanted stats and then re random just those stats (at a less max potential).  I am trying to paraphrase heavily what will be a very large intended discussion topic about honing, so please watch for that post/web update as it will be much clearer.

For the DoTs, that is part of the class balancing act that needs to happen.

Agi being the only good stat also.  Frankly in PVP it is a funny situation because players pump 1 stat that both makes them harder to hit and able to hit others better at the same time, so everyone ends up being near the maximum dodginess which just makes the PVP weird.  That is something that needs addressing, it is a lesser issue for PVE content as characters being all heroic in their dodging and hitting isn't a terrible outcome, though a bit 2 dimensional.  I think the stat balance of AGI to others is something that will require a bit more time as it is a zeitgeist change for how the stats work potentially, but class skill balancing should come sooner.

#42 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

For the quests, I only ask because I am not normally the one that takes in specific bug reports, i have a different job here.  But if it is already submitted as you say, then it is in the pot of fix its.
For honing, yes re-honing will be possible, for the launch period we will be allowing it to be done rather freely so players can get a better feel for how it works and not feel pinned in by it.  No, the runes won't go away, that isn't the intention at all, the honing is litterally an extra set of stats that the items already have the "potential" to have.  Before there were 2 things that made things go haywire 1. the range of intended stats was much higher, that has been cut back significantly (to about 1/3 prior max) and there was an overflow bug that was allowing edge cases to get absolutely absurd values.  As for whether we "should", it is more a matter of we need to.  Honing will go far to address issues of characters that have a stat gap, as well as power everyone up a few steps so the game content will be more managable.  During the AOV update the ML areas had their monsters nerfed so that the no-honing equipment was still good enough to handle them.  At some point (not immediately) those monsters will get back the power they lost (Osiris I'm talking about you specifically).  Part of the work the past couple weeks has been to not only balance the amount of stats, but also to allow a bit more control for you to decide what stats can occur (less random).  Certainly you can't just pick what 3~4 stats you get, but you won't be so random when you get a powder, you will eventually (after the launch testing period) be able to selectively remove unwanted stats and then re random just those stats (at a less max potential).  I am trying to paraphrase heavily what will be a very large intended discussion topic about honing, so please watch for that post/web update as it will be much clearer.

For the DoTs, that is part of the class balancing act that needs to happen.

Agi being the only good stat also.  Frankly in PVP it is a funny situation because players pump 1 stat that both makes them harder to hit and able to hit others better at the same time, so everyone ends up being near the maximum dodginess which just makes the PVP weird.  That is something that needs addressing, it is a lesser issue for PVE content as characters being all heroic in their dodging and hitting isn't a terrible outcome, though a bit 2 dimensional.  I think the stat balance of AGI to others is something that will require a bit more time as it is a zeitgeist change for how the stats work potentially, but class skill balancing should come sooner.

Quest about honing: 

asd

we clearly saw that we were given too much of some stats and such. BUT. How much stats can you actually get with the "fixed" honing system?? (like 1-50 stat per gear and like 1-50 sub stats?? Less or more??)

Quest about DoTs:

What do you mean with "For the DoTs, that is part of the class balancing act that needs to happen."  are they too strong on some classes or are they too weak?

#43 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

*Facepalm* I think this will put a patch on the sp consumption BUT this will make wizards way more op against other players. They will became all a 1 hit death dealer D:

Weren't they already? 8ren8 ohe-shotted me with a 36k Fireball Crit the other day in Woe. In the Meantime, the grand difference between using shadow form or not, its a grand +60 skill attack power.

#44 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:06 AM

3.  Wizards should be properly getting the 3 MagicPower per Int (this should increase their effectiveness)

10n6rur.gif

Not bad this week, can't wait for the rest of the updates. As for the honing system, it was ok, just hope it doesn't go haywire like it did last time. Think I'll reconstruct my green deck while I wait for the servers to get up and running. Have a great one ladies and gents.

green deck? is it mtg? lel

Edited by lokasenna, 05 March 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#45 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:23 AM

-snip-

First off, thanks for replying, Heim!

Now, I do have to ask... I know Honing is supposed to give out random outcomes still, but...will it be something as ridiculous as str-classes ending up with matk or all int/wis on their weapon/gear upon honing? Even if we can re-hone, I believe there should be a limited pool of possible results for each gear depending on the class. I cant see how a poor sorc would use p.atk if they got unlucky after honing lol I'm sorry if you have already replied to this, I may have not understood it right. As for the rest, you've pretty much answered it.

I'm glad to see youre aware of these issues and working on it. I understand things take time and patience and fixes dont always work as good as planned or tested. But youre on the right path =) 

#46 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:25 AM

Quest about honing: 

asd

we clearly saw that we were given too much of some stats and such. BUT. How much stats can you actually get with the "fixed" honing system?? (like 1-50 stat per gear and like 1-50 sub stats?? Less or more??)

Quest about DoTs:

What do you mean with "For the DoTs, that is part of the class balancing act that needs to happen."  are they too strong on some classes or are they too weak?

In general the scale of how big the honing stats will be slides up as the grade and tier of equipment, and will be based on what sort of equipment it is.
Osiris Greatsword is an Epic ML 20 item. 
It should get 5 Random Stats (Epics get 5 Rare gets 4, Magic gets 3)

The range for Str wouuld be 28 (if it is the lowest possible star rating and got a very bad random roll for the stat) up to 126 (maximum possible star rating and the best possible roll for random)

More likely stats would end up being in the middle in all cases, that is Per Random Stat, so in theory (like 1 in a few trillion) it could be a max star rating item, that rolls str max all 5 times and then it would give 630 Str, and no other stat. 
If we looked at AGI on that weapon its range is 20 ~ 87, because AGI is a lesser stat on that gear compared to Str. 

Dots, in most cases they are likely underpowered, though there may be a class or 2 that the Dot is a bit OP, but would rather first do the powering up to even out rather than first resorting to nerf bat.

#47 rimahates

rimahates

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Wow there are so many questions being asked. Maybe they should have an ask the admins day event sometime? Everyone just has so many questions/concerns. I think my only question is how much longer for maintenance? xD

Edited by rimahates, 05 March 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#48 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

In general the scale of how big the honing stats will be slides up as the grade and tier of equipment, and will be based on what sort of equipment it is.
Osiris Greatsword is an Epic ML 20 item. 
It should get 5 Random Stats (Epics get 5 Rare gets 4, Magic gets 3)

The range for Str wouuld be 28 (if it is the lowest possible star rating and got a very bad random roll for the stat) up to 126 (maximum possible star rating and the best possible roll for random)

More likely stats would end up being in the middle in all cases, that is Per Random Stat, so in theory (like 1 in a few trillion) it could be a max star rating item, that rolls str max all 5 times and then it would give 630 Str, and no other stat. 
If we looked at AGI on that weapon its range is 20 ~ 87, because AGI is a lesser stat on that gear compared to Str. 

Dots, in most cases they are likely underpowered, though there may be a class or 2 that the Dot is a bit OP, but would rather first do the powering up to even out rather than first resorting to nerf bat.

What about lets say you would use Osiris pants that doesnt give you WIS at all...how much WIS can you get (or rather how much stat can you get from a gear that doesnt have that stat that you would like to have)??

#49 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:38 AM

Those new possible stat results from Honing sound much more reasonable, tbh. Even at best results, its more reasonable than the crazyness from Honing's first implementation. Glad to see it coming back in a much better way.

#50 LordCrustyBoxers

LordCrustyBoxers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

I'll be the first one to say it, i don't like the idea of someone getting 630 in a stat even by .001% chance cause the first one/few that does is going to wreack havoc in WOE and potentialy take down everyone 

Major imbalance still....

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users