I'm completly disagree your post "Greven, i'm not fan of Doppio changes, but at least he knows his class, my question is simple, are you really playing priest as PVP or only as PVE.. and at least don't be anonym, cause make complains whole time without show you up. it's like a bit sad.
Lol. Nice try!
If PM's aren't enough to get my IGN, you try this method... a bit infantile, huh? So, let's make it easy, be childish as well and quote from one of the PMs:
cause you're considering only priest way and not compared to each others class, priest need nerf but every class need nerf same time else this game will be more ghost town than now.
A few facts:
- There were more players in this game when all the classes were significantly weaker
- There were more full support priests in this game when the priests heals were weaker percentage-wise.
- There were many Priests winning Colo although the DoTs were proportional weaker (and they were primary targets)
So your statement about the future of the game is as shallow as saying: "On the same day next year, it'll be snowing!"
Just to give you a few facts on the Priest:
- I could farm Mukas just by running in circles casting one Credo per second by 'tabbing' through them. An occasional Renovatio or HH was enough to recover any damage. Regarded over some time, that's almost 1 kill per second. Try that with a Knight or Rogue.
- During DW, my Warrior's Brandish Storm dealt like 10 times 250~300 damage (without a crit.). Against the same mobs, the Priest's Oratio DoT alone dealt 3k+ damage. Both with a similar refined weapon w/o runes. Well, the Warrior has BT, but what's about a monk, wizard & co?
- And as I've stated earlier, a single HH is enough to fully heal myself (INT build, w/o aspersio and w/o a crit).
The same could be true with a Sanctuary every 2sec (870% vs 896% heal)
So even if you play a Priest all by yourself, you can clearly see the inbalance. In a parallel thread, I analysed that the heals are much better post-AoV and I stated that the higher the defense rate, the higher the damage has to be to negate the defense and the more inbalanced DoTs and Heals will get.
What's your share? Have you brought up any facts?
But I am not a typical PvP guy, that's right. I am not a 16 year old boy. If I win because I can stun my opponent and wait 'till he dies, I don't feel any better. If I lose because my opponent stunned me and used one shotted, I am not depressed either.
I wouldn't mind to allow pots during duels and I definitely don't run around on the WoE map, killing other players randomly just to jerk off. And the 'intented' WoE isn't any better with the collusive fights. So just tell me, what makes PvP so 'special' for you?
And of course, I could try to lever the current system out by going full VIT, hoping that I can't be one-shotted any more. Then I could make full use the free full heal from HH or Coloseo to become seemingly invincible, but that doesn't make 1vs1 any better. Oh wait... my bad, they don't recover 100%, right?
The funniest thing about your comment is: "cause you're considering only priest way"
Yes, yes. Of all the fanboys on this forum, I am the worst.
Must be the reason why I am posting on almost every class thread and it must be the reason why I was bring up facts that could be easily criticized if they were wrong. So let's see the truth about my opinion so far:
and for the sake of the remaining class.
So about Sestuplo's suggestions: They aren't that bad, but IMO a bit too restrictive and don't fix the issues at their bottom. A typical priest can still stun you, place some DoTs on you and then switch to Sacrament to be able to use heal, just in case.
That's why I used his idea and shifted it a bit. Instead of a pure restriction, I would make both the DoTs and the HH less effective as long as the opposite focus/aspect is chosen. That worked quite well for Sorcerers, switching Seals/Emblems.
But of course, I would fix the Judex stun seperately.
Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 10:44 AM.