#1 WyuRi

WyuRi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

Hi fellow wizzies :ok:

I just want to start a discussion on the wizard skill tree to find out what other wizards are using and listen to the reasoning behind them.

Before we begin, as we all know, the attributes and effectiveness of the skills change over time with the release of new patches and bug fixes.

As such, people's skill tree preferences can change, so do check if the configuration is still relevant by the time you read this.

So with regards to this starting post, it would be the skill tree preference I have as of this time 11th March 2014.

:ic: Also, the skill trees will assume that you have maxed out all possible skill points.

As to what to add interim to getting the maximum number of skill points, it can be further discussed.

My current skill tree for wizard is as below.

I'm using the ROBase skill simulator for the screenshot below:

http://ro2base.com/

wizskilltree20140311_zps8f54bf9c.jpg

About my build

I think wizards are quite fortunate in the sense that their skill tree can be somewhat perfect for PVP and PVE.

I feel that I have all the PVP skills I needed are maxed out, moreover, all my PVE and DPS skills are reasonable maxed out as well.

So... there is no sacrifice to either aspects in my opinion.

Moreover, the Grinding/Farming skills are also maxed out...

Therefore I am thankful, that wizards are fortunate enough to be able to max out abilities for all 3 roles (PVP, DPS, Grinding).

That is the skill tree above.

Explanation for skill config

(Main Tree Fire Branch)

Fire Bolt lvl10: This is the wizard's primary attack, I don't think we have much choice not to max it out.

Fire Ball lvl6: Apart from it being the wiz's second main dps skill, the current patch gives the Fire Ball a huge D.O.T. effect. It is the wiz's arguably no.1 or 2 most powerful attack at this point in time.

Fireball Mastery lvl3: Invoking instant cast for the wiz's Fire Ball will take advantage of the high damage and DOT, something you definitely want.

Fire Emblem lvl5: This skill is very important for the wizard when going in full DPS mode. It also allows wiz to instant cast fire bolt, very useful. (While SP lasts ^__^ ;)

Seal Explosion lvl5: Very important skill, in water emblem mode, it will recover 1/2+ your HP/SP. Since wiz SP use up very fast, and wiz don't really have any healing abilities, this tactic is very useful. In fire emblem mode, it will bring out the highest 1shot attack of the wiz, the Flame Explosion. Flame Explosion used when in fire seal explosion mode will be critical hits (if you don't miss), (VoxStellarum speaks of damage in the 140k range at level 10). Maxing this skill out will maximise the buff for the highest each of those effect can bring. You definitely want this.

Fire Starter lvl1: This used to be my favourite skill which I max out. However in the current patch, I felt that its damage is a little too low. Therefore I am saving my skill points off this skill for the time being.

Dragonlogy lvl5: Wizards needs to push their magic power as much as they can, this skill is essential. It also makes the wizard loved in parties since it gives everyone in the same party int+10%

Pyromaniac lvl1: This skill is meant to give you increased haste, but everytime when it is full, I discharge it with flame explosion. I feel it costs too many skill points for a skill that doesn't last. So I don't use it.

Meteor Storm lvl6: This is actually a really useful skill for Farming and Grinding. And since there is still no end to the grinding to S class in sight, you will definitely need it. Max it out and it will help in your farming and grinding so that your wiz will have life beyond DPSing.

Flame Thrower lvl1: I added lvl1 to this skill for its complimentary effect to Meteor Storm. When farming/grinding, mobs affected by the Fire Starter effect from Flame Thrower received 18% more damage from Meteor Storm. Help clears mob quickly.

Flame Explosion lvl2: Even though this is the wiz's most powerful attack, I did not maximise it for a couple of reasons. 1) Outside of raids, it is rare to be able to proc this skill. At least 5-6 fire bolt/balls are needed to fully charge this skill to be able to use it. It is too slow for Farming and Grinding as it has a cast time + only single target. 2) Even when DPS counts in raids, Nowadays pets such as the mermaid can help DPS. At level 2, the damage over half of lvl 10's. So I feel that I'm not losing out on DPS significantly. 3) You need Seal explosion to use this skill to the full. However Seal explosion is often spent on water emblem for SP recovery. And it is not sustainable by an average wiz to keep spending explorer blue pots and spinel pots. Therefore I gave my skill points to other skills

(Secondary Tree Water Branch)

Frost Diver lvl1: This is pretty much useless for wiz except to unlock the other skills. (Actually if you sacrifice other abilities, you can max this skill out for better PVP ability. However with the low hitrate, this skill is a little harder to justify)

Water Emblem lvl5: This skill is risen in popularity with the additional skill points and its usefulness. Apart from giving the wizard literally infinite SP, it also gives the wizard almost infinite HP. (if you don't get mobbed by high level monsters) Level 1 does not give you infinite SP/HP. On top of that, I tested lvl1 and lvl5, there is a noticeable difference in improved defence.at level5. This will help you grind and farm endlessly. Even better, in PVP, this skill can replenish your HP to nearly full which is really helpful for the wiz, especially in colo or 1v1. A definite must get.

Frost Nova lvl1: It only costs 1 skill point, so that I can get icewall. This skill used to be extremely useful for wiz with maximum Lightning Bolt. With the low hitrate now, its effectiveness is greatly reduced. Need it for the next skill I want anyway. No point adding more skill points to it as the cool down is too long i find.

Ice Wall lvl1: This is actually the trump card to wizes victory in pvp. and it only costs 2 extra skill points to get from water emblem. This skill will also save your life in the most critical moments in the coloseum, it helped me greatly many times. I definitely value this skill. Just leave it at level 1, its cooldown doesn't improve much at maximum level anyway.

(Secondary Tree Wind Branch)

Lightning Bolt lvl10: At level 10 this is almost comparable to fire bolt, probably even more valuable. Comparing damage, Fire Bolt crits can deal about 37k per hit. Lightning bolts can proc about twice, and 3rd shot almost right after at about 12k per critical hit. Even though I think fire bolt is still higher in damage in overall, Lightning bolt has other perks. It is castable when moving, which is extremely useful such as in the pvp/coloseum or when kiting monsters. I think wizzies will use this alot, highly recommended.

Thunderstorm lvl1: Just needed to unlock the later skills. However, in the osiris grinding runs, it turned out to be invaluable in pulling mobs. The wiz/sorc's thunderstorm would be the next best mob pulling skill to the ranger's poison arrow. Thus making wiz/sorcs extremely fast in mobbing and grinding.

Wind Emblem lvl1: Not very useful for wizzies. Just need it to unlock a later skill.

Teleportation lvl 3: I Absolutely love this skill. It makes the wizard move fast in a very cool fashion. I feel that no other class has got a move this cool to match. Apart from the coolness of this move, it is extremely practical as well though. 1) it puts the wiz ahead of the party in grinds/pulling etc.2) It gets the wizard out of danger so very often. This is a very useful skill in speed-grinding and PVP. I max this skill out because you can really speed things (grinding/PVP) up by having it available frequently.

Levitation lvl0: I think this skill doesn't work, either that or the effects are not noticable, short duration anyway.

Ymir's Child lvl3: This gives the wiz the biggest buff for DPS, PVP, Grinding... not to mention it full heals the char. Definitely max this out.

So that is my favourite skill built for the time being.

I'm guessing that when fire starter gets fixed and its DPS becomes reasonable (high that is), I might need to reconfigure the skills again.

After all, the fire starter dot is the only dot that wizards have that can be instant cast, deadly...

But thankfully it is crappy at the moment, so that my points are not stretched thin too much.

Apart from that, I'm quite happy with this build, I have been using a similiar configuration for a long time and i love it~^__^

I hope this will help you in some way, and I'm happy to discuss~

Edited by 8440130506044419863, 11 March 2014 - 03:57 AM.

#2 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

I agree with most of this skill build according to the current patch aside from Icewall I feel having 3 points in it is a lot more handy any more then that though you dont really get much benefit due to the lower cd and exponential decay on vigor. Im also on the fence with putting my remaining skill points into lightning bolt seeing as while its a good kiting spamming tool the current dps classes that are showing dominance have the ability to still chase you down and kill you fairly quick but seeing as there isnt any skills really worth putting the points into then I see no reason not to. Once we get the bug fix on Levitation this skill will be really handy for running away quickly in that short time span as maxing Teleport there is only about an 8 second window where you dont get the benefit which isnt all that long and with honing coming back boosting your vigor will make this gap much smaller if you so choose. Im not a fan of Flame Explosion I never really have been for a few reasons one being in the current game with dodge/hit being a real problem charging the stacks for it are really slow and when you cast you also have to hope that still hits as well and for pve this skill isnt really useful unless you are doing a raid boss and even then its not something you use that often its more of a haste boost and not much of one currently.

Ill post later what my skill tree is and how I feel about it right now its more about me experimenting the builds and seeing why things work/dont work.

P.S Sorry for block text wasnt really trying to go this deep just kind of happened

#3 8ReN8

8ReN8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

since ppl asked ill post it

my build is a sort of a glass cannon.. no defense at all just all power

fz19av.jpg

#4 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:08 AM

since ppl asked ill post it
my build is a sort of a glass cannon.. no defense at all just all power
fz19av.jpg

At full pyro stacks, how low does your firebolt/fireball casting speed go?

Edited by lokasenna, 27 March 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#5 WyuRi

WyuRi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

Wow surprised... thats your skill tree Ren O_o?

So you're relying completely on fireball and flame explosion to kill @_@

And you lowered your LB to 1...

If your opponent gets stunned frequently... you don't have to kite them as much I suppose~XD

Does pyromaniac make you feel any difference?

#6 8ReN8

8ReN8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Normal cast / cast with 100%pyro/ with ymir/ with guardian

Fire bolt .60  to .40 / .25 / .20

fireball 1.21  to .81 / .51/ .40

flame explo maxed can hit for 100-200k in pve depending on targets and in pvp can 1 shot tanks if it crits "and hits" 35-50k

#7 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Like the build; however, my issue is that the cast speed/haste however you see it is really minor at max cause its 20% increased at max and since our main skills to charge it can be insta cast so you never make use of that extra casting most of the time and with fe the damage is great but again in its so hard to get a hit against them and almost impossilbe to charge up before they escape or kill you. Id still rather have fe give something else make it feel more useful then it currently is.

#8 sangpham1212

sangpham1212

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Hi i just came back to this game after a long time and i have one question.

Is fireflower really that bad after update? I havent tried any skills since i logged in (Still have 49 skill points)

Oh, and could you show me how to put the stat point efficiently please? Thank you so much.

#9 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well seeing as everyone has a ton of hp and defense the DoT itself doesnt do much damage in comparison the dot only does about 300-400 the only good thing about this DoT is its spamable other then that not really worth it until they fix the DoTs across all classes cause Wizards are not the only ones with bad DoTs every class but priest and cres have bad DoTs I dont count Fireball DoT cause its not a DoT only ability and as far as stats go Id wait if I were you cause right now Agi is the best stat in the game but they are changing hit/dodge and if the info I heard is true you may not want to put your points in Agi.

#10 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Hi i just came back to this game after a long time and i have one question.

Is fireflower really that bad after update? I havent tried any skills since i logged in (Still have 49 skill points)

Oh, and could you show me how to put the stat point efficiently please? Thank you so much.

DoT calculation has been changed-- see the changes here.

Meaning, Fireflower sucks atm, just leave it at 1 so you can go down the tree. You should try Fireball now, the DoT is hilarious.

I'm 1:2 int/agi at the moment (never bothered to restat after AoV), if I were you I would wait until the 23rd to do stat points. Stats don't make much of a difference anyway. What level are you at right now?

#11 sangpham1212

sangpham1212

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

Thank you so much, AyanaeYuuko and lokasenna.

I'm currently at lvl 50. i also maxed my job before i quitted.

There're so many things changed in here. It took me days to research everthing :)

#12 WyuRi

WyuRi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

I actually tested Levitation and I am Reeeeaaally loving it...

but it depends on what you want to do.

For me, I sacrificed Flame Explosion 100%, something which I think I'll get back later when raids return... atm, Flame Exp is kinda just sitting there for me.

For Levitation, at first I thought the 4s speed boost isn't worth it at all... I even wrote on the 2nd VCR report that its crap (but not anymore in hindsight).

As I pulled in mummy grinds and PVPied more, is really does make a difference.

Levitation makes the already very fast wiz even faster in mummy grinds, faster than sins, slower than rangers I believe.

And in PVP, just makes kiting and getting out of archer's range alot easier.

skilltree2_zps80f97d73.jpg

#13 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

Has anyone else ever tried replacing Meteor Storm with Thunderstorm? I tried it myself and so far a maxed thunderstorm feels so much better than a maxed meteor storm.

With max meteor storm, I seem to deal about 1-1.5k damage per meteor hit [which equates to 10-15k damage] to mummies in osi runs, and crits deal around 2-3k damage.

In addition, against enemies affected by firestarter, meteor storm would deal 18% more damage [which I'm guessing would be 18% of the damage dealt, not 588% + 18%].

What turns me off the most about this is the fact that the channeling animation takes rather long, roughly 5 seconds I guess?

An upside is that you don't need to worry too much about missing and parried attacks since its damage is split into 10 hits. Though this means you won't always deal full damage every time, at least you are dealing some damage.

In short, meteor storm deals high, more reliable damage, but is relatively slower than thunderstorm.

With max thunderstorm, I seem to deal about 5-7k damage to mummies. If it crits, it can deal about 10-13k damage.

In addition, it would deal double damage to frozen enemies. I've gotten around 10-15k normal damage, and 20-26k crit damage per thunderstorm a couple times. I maxed frost nova and I can cast it every 20 seconds due to my vigor, so it's rather often that frozen status is inflicted on enemies during osi runs. Some creatures, however, are seemingly immune to frozen state, such as most, if not all, bosses.

Thunderstorm also gives the electrostatic buff, which increases wind damage by 20%. Thunderstorm benefits from this buff.

What's more, it's a lot more spammable than meteor storm. With my vigor I can cast it once every 2 seconds. I can basically cast 2-3 thunderstorms within meteor storm's channeling animation.

One drawback is that I need to worry about misses more, since thunderstorm's damage is bundles up into 1 single hit. It's basically either I hit with full damage, deal half of the total damage, or I deal no damage at all. This makes it less reliable on creatures you could otherwise 1-shot.

In short, thunderstorm deals quick successions of low to high damage depending on whether the enemy is frozen or not, however its damage is not very reliable as it suffers more from misses and parried attacks.

So has anyone else actually tried maxed thunderstorm? From what I see in this thread it's not much useful and I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

Edited by Suweeka, 13 April 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#14 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

One of my guildies uses Thunderstorm instead of Meteor Storm because they have maxed Pet Cooldown and Embus pet. He seems to like it. Don't think he uses Frost Nova though I never checked. If you're swimming in Union Points (lol who is anymore) you can buy Yggdrasil Seed scrolls from Magic Union which gives Frost Nova effect per use (waiting for the day I can use them in Grizzly Form muahaha). XP Just more options if anyone desperately wants Skill Points in other things. 

#15 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

I'd say that's another advantage too; Meteor storm requires you to place one skill point on pyromaniac, and if you don't really use that skill, it feels more of a waste. Thunderstorm, however, is already in the way if you use teleport. That said, I only need 5 extra skill points to max thunderstorm, and 7 extra skill points for meteor storm.

I don't have Embus though, so I have to rely on frost nova. 

#16 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Embus wouldn't make sense, even if you have it, because there are other pets out there that deal more damage (f.e. the easy to get Vador).

People usually don't use Thunderstorm, because they don't use Frost Nova either and that are some extra skill points to consider in your equation.

Edited by Greven79, 14 April 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#17 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

To be fair, thunderstorm without frost nova can already potentially outdamage a single meteor storm. To add to that, you can pretty much cast it twice as much within meteor storm's channeling animation.

The downside to frost nova is the fact that you can't really use it as much. At level 1, my cooldown is around 40-50 seconds, but its 6 second freeze makes it so that at least 2 of my thunderstorms would proc 2x damage, 4x if we consider crits that wizards often get. My crits versus mummies with a sinister weapon can reach up to around 13k damage per thunderstorm, double that with frost nova's buff.

Meteor storm on the other hand, would deal around 1-1.5k damage per meteor, and 2-3k on crit. If all hits crit, it'd be around 30k damage. By the time meteor storm had ended, I would have already casted 2 thunderstorms, and the cooldown for the 3rd would probably already have finished.

But as I said before, the main problem here is that misses and parries make thunderstorm's dps suffer a lot more than meteor storm's, as the entire attack would be affected, rather than just the individual hitis of meteor storm.

I wouldn't say it's outright better than meteor storm, but I can definitely see it as a good alternative.

I wouldn't agree nor disagree as to whether embus is a better pet than vador [or vice versa] however, as I don't own either of them. I can't really judge. But the fact that embus can literally double my AoE's attack power makes me want to try it out and see for myself.

As for the skill points, frost nova isn't really a requirement, but it's detrimental if you want really powerful AoE. In fact I think a level 1 frost nova would work just as fine. A maxed out frost nova however, can be cast more than twice as fast.

So I guess I should change that: I while you need around 7 skill points for meteor storm, you'd need around 5-10 for thunderstorm, depending on whether you want to maximize frost nova's utility or not. I guess that would be a bit more accurate than my previous statement.

But hey, this is mostly really just me. I'd really like to see feedback from people who gave it a try [and maybe soem who used it along with frost nova and/or embus]. Being a wizard, it saddens me that there are better AoE builds from other classes out there, and I'm looking for builds better than the mainstream meteor storm spam build.

Edited by Suweeka, 15 April 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#18 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

It gets the job done so there's nothing wrong with using it. The 4/23 class balance patch should hopefully bring with it some reset scrolls so you can always compare builds when it's less costly to do. It may potentially also bring hit rate improvements so that may improve Thunderstorm too. But in the end, as long as it feels like an improvement to you, then by all means you should stick with it. It's nice to see diversity in builds and everyone has different play styles. Judging from your numbers, I could see myself using it as I prefer to not be rooted by Meteor Storm.

#19 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

All right, since the hit/dodge thing is partly fixed- anyone tried freezing people with a Frost Nova? Or will we still need to stack Hit?

I've tried fighting with priests and damn, they're really hard to kill.

#20 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

I use frost nova often on pvp, but I still occasionally miss. If it hits, a thunderstorm + a couple lightning bolts or a fireball can really hurt melee opponents.

I'm able to beat my maxed out warrior friends, but not priest no! Priests are just bad news for me.

Edited by Suweeka, 21 April 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#21 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

29vi34j.png

This is my current Tree albeit I messed up on some of my specing but I just went with it and Ill explain why I did for each skill.

Firebolt lvl 10: This is one of two primary damage tools and proccing abilities the Wizard has since there is no reall room to go down lightning or ice/water tree you are confined to doing this.

Coldbolt lvl 1: This skill doesnt really offer much ranking it up it doesnt increased slow or slow duration which is the best this skill could offer for a Wizard.

Lightning Bolt lvl 1: This skill got slightly changed it now has a DoT and Blitz status, but I still don't like it for Wizards I leave it at one cause I have too it is a good skill for picking off people in PvP as its an instant cast and can cast while running.

Fireball lvl 6: This is the second of your damage tools this ability has a high DoT damage at max rank and does a lot of damage itself prior so its a must have for the wizard class

Frost Driver lvl 1: This skill isnt worth maxing as its a single target ranged skill and most classes can run around you or behind you to cancel the channel and the melee classes that jump you can be countered-ish but a similar skill.

Thunder Storm lvl 1: A skill that is pretty useless in PvP regards other then the fact you can cast at a long range to find stealth classes. In PvE it can be used to aggro and damage mobs but the Blitz series effect is worthless to Wizard as the only skill is Lightning Bolt and since I have only lvl 1 its not really worth it.

Fireball Mastery lvl 3: While this skill is nice for getting procs to get a instant cast on fireball I would rather see it changed, but thats not for here its still useful for getting a lot of damage out rapidly.

Water Seal lvl 5: Good skill for mitigating damage 10% reduction is quite a bit and it also allows you to keep your hp/sp up during a dungeon I recommend it for that purpose mainly in PvP this skill is not as useful cause most classes can still out damage the reduction. Its still good to have active for seal Explosion though.

Fire Seal lvl 5: GIves increase Magic Attack and it also gives a chance for all fire series skills to instant cast that includes Fireball, Firebolt, Flame Explosion and Meteor Storm which is why I want to change Fireball Mastery cause this skill does basically the same thing.

Wind Seal lvl 1: A pretty useless skill concerning Wizards the chances for increased damage with lightning skills is obsolete seeing as we only have two and again I didnt spec them and the haste/castspeed is also unimportant as we have free procs from fire seal.

Frost Nova lvl 5: So when I was specing I messed and put points in here instead of Icewall, but now that I did I actually don't regret it cause being a class with almost no healing abilities and being easy to kill due to no defense this skill is great for getting pesky melee classes off of you.

Seal Explosion lvl 5: This is a very interesting skill and probably makes the one skill that makes Wizards unique from Sorcerers. This skill in combination with Water Seal will heal for 50% or 52% if you leave water seal on in 10 seconds, which is our only form of healing we have and its usually needed. With Fire Seal this skill will give us 30% increased Magic Attack thats including the Fire Seal of course it also gives us a guaranteed crit with Flame Explosion.

Teleport lvl 3: This is our get away tool to cover for the fact we have no healing and at lvl 3 with my current vigor i can cast it every 12 seconds.

Levitation lvl 3: This may sound like a dumb skill but 30% movement speed for 4 seconds is a lot of time to get away from people and this leaves 8 seconds for another Teleport and to do it again assuming this skill is finally fixed.

Icewall lvl 1: I meant to make this lvl 3 to make it 3 minutes without vigor  oh well, but its okay cause this skill is at 3 minutes with my current vigor and since the "Invincible" buff is a joke cause you can still get cc'd while in here all it does is prolong your death for another 10 seconds. This skill is useful for last 10 seconds of colo for chessy victory chance.

Fireflower/Firestarter lvl 1: So this skill doesn't really do much in terms of damage due to the calculation changes and even then a lvl 5 is still trash hopefully with the DoT changes coming this skill might be useful I'll have to test it when it happens.

Dragonology lvl 5: This is probably the most rare buff in the game due to the lack of Wizards playing. Jokes aside this buff increase our Magic Attack more then most classes and its useful for almost every class in the game.

Pyromaniac lvl 1: I really don't feel a difference when I have this skill at max rank mainly cause I never use Fireball unless I have a free proc or its the start of a battle so I leave at one cause I have to pass through it.

Inferno lvl 1: Really useful for spreading Fireflower around and getting some decent damage off there is only one reason why I use this skill and thats for Meteor Storm. If this skill made the Fireflower DoT do more damage when it crits or for damage this skill does, but until it offers more then spreading a weak DoT around itll stay at lvl 1.

Flame Explosion lvl 4: Its lvl 4 simply because its all the points I have left that werent used for other stuff and this is probably the only other skill really worth. It gives decent damage when it hits and having it crit with Seal Explosion is a lot of damage that cant be ignored.

Meteor Storm lvl 6: This is your grinding tool and once you hit ML 20 thats all you'll be doing so its highly recommended for that. After you finish getting yourself maxed out you can opt to bring it back to lvl 1 or lvl 0 and use the skill points else where. This skill is good with the Fire Flower DoT as it gives increased damage with the DoT Buff. 

Ymir Child: Nightmare: lvl 3: Every class maxes this skill simply for all the stats you get from it for 3 minutes I personally wish each class had a bit more uniqueness to this skill other then Soul Makers getting a healing effect with theirs, but its okay as it is so no need for a huge change.

If you have any questions about my build you can send me a message in game my forum name is the exact same so I'm not hard to find.

#22 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Anyone got Frost Nova at max? What's your CD?

anyway for grinding I took teleport+levitation, the meteor storm animation doesn't matter too much since it almost always is casting by the time the rest of the group gets to where I've pulled mobs. levitation is pretty awesome in pvp I find, thanks to you guys for pointing it out.

another question, though, if ever fireflower gets fixed at maybe 800-1000/tick (at max), would you still take it?

#23 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

At 5/5 frost nova, my cooldown is at 18.57 seconds with my vigor. It's nice because I can actually cast it for every group of mobs in osi runs, doubling my thunderstorm damage for 6 seconds [I also got embus now, and it's really great since she keeps enemies frozen for a lot longer than frost nova.]

#24 WyuRi

WyuRi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

That's a good idea.
Doesn't thunderstorm have a max 3 target limit?
I can't remember but does that increase with level?
How many times do you need to thunderstorm to kill the mobs in the room with assasins for example?

#25 Suweeka

Suweeka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:00 AM

After level 3, thunderstorm hits more than 3 mobs. At max level it hits 10 mobs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users