Tiki Tuesday Question lounge for 3/18 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question lounge for 3/18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Setting up a place to ask questions for next week's Tiki Tuesday! 

I think I NEED to go to this restaurant when I'm in Tokyo next. 

Just right for when you're hanging out on an otherwise unremarkable South Seas Island that is the disguised headquarters for an International Rescue organization, we present: the Coconaut. 

8oz Coco Lopez or other cream of coconut 

2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

7 oz dark jamaican rum

Put everything in a blender and fill to the top with ice cubes. Blend until slushy. Pour into the most coconut shaped mugs, serves 2-4. 

Westervin_Swig_and_Swill_the_Coconaut.jp

Spotify Soundtrack playlist to listen to while watching the stream: Barry Gray – Thunderbirds 2 - Original Soundtrack By Barry Gray

flQIne2l.jpg

F.A.B. !

#2 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

FIRST!!!

Is it possible to introduce something like "Repair Scrolls" that repairs the broken gear in your inventory?

We currently have repair NPCs outside of the WoE castles. While those would be very convenient, it could be unfair if players would be able to do it without having to leave a castle.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by bloodyrascal, 24 March 2014 - 10:18 PM.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

1. Why is the bottom boat of expanded Alberta inaccessible? And why haven't the culture town NPCs been moved onto it? (Thought that was automatic with the update.)

Overally Alberta is pretty much the same except for the expanded town warp NPCs. Louyang, Amatsu, Kunlun and Brasilis are down at the bottom ship while Dewata and Malaya are on highest dock afaik

We've been getting locations for NPCs in Alberta from kRO, so these will be in their proper place this week. On kRO, the lower boat is also inaccessible. 

2. What's the ETA on getting the rest of the cards in this update?

[_] Added 30 new cards. (December 21st, 2011)

Of those 30 cards, we got:

Scaraba Card (Normal)
Dolomedes Card
Miming Card
Little Phantom Card
Angra Mantis Card
Rafflesia Anoldi Card
Komodo Card
Banaspati Card
Sedora Card
Red Eruma Card

We're still missing these cards from that update:

Queen Scaraba Card (Normal)
Scaraba Card (Nightmare)
Queen Scaraba Card (Nightmare)
Parus Card
Pom Spider Card
Cendrawasih Card
Butoijo Card
Spooky Lich Card
Sropho Card
Dofle Pot Card
King Dramoh Card
Kraken Card
Monstrous Coelacanth Card
Dark Coelacanth Card
Mutated Coelacanth Card
Savage Coelacanth Card
Siorava Card
Wild Rider Card
Small Octopus Card
Giant Octopus Card

That's a LOT of cards kRO left out for us. <<

We're going to be having a heads up meeting with kRO to see where things are at with future updates soon. 

Edited by Oda, 18 March 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#4 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hello Oda, will it be possible to have a Fire Sale for like 3days w/ notice? A Fire Sale that would contain some goodies that hasn't showed up for a year? 

Definitely possible that these will return, but not for a while.

#5 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

It would be great if resistance potions and elemental converter scrolls have a buff icon that tells their duration in-game when used. iRo should request this from kRo.

#6 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

This event would be so much better if we had Inebriated Porings wearing a leprechaun hats with the nicknames of Moderators that work on the servers.

Yes.

Why do I see so many puns or references in the game, Snakes named Solid, Rocky BalBOA, Trouser, and Snakes on a plane references?\

The original event was based on Snakes on a Plane, and in general the writing staff here loves puns

What is your favorite quote of all time?

"Nothing easy is ever simple" -Plucky Duck, from a random episode of Tiny Toons

Do you side with the humans or the mysterions?

Always humanity, it was an honest mistake and kind of dickish for the Mysterons to escalate so far. 

Edited by Oda, 18 March 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

why do we not just get automatic updates from kRO? why is it we have to request things and then wait for them to be sent? shouldnt kRO just send us what they have in regular intervals so we can be as current as possible? why is it we the players have to site dates for when things arrived on kRO in order for you guys to ask for them? how is it that the players know more about future content than the staff? shouldnt you guys be on top of that? shouldnt you guys be harassing the crap outta kRO on almost a daily basis to make sure we get new content and bug fixes? is there a way we the players can harass kRO for you guys? whats really going on in your office that makes its so we get recycled content over and over (and bugged) and yet no real major updates? maybe instead of doing these tiki tuesdays AND whats happening this week in iro you guys could be working on keep your customers happy and willing to pay...

We do harass them on a daily basis to get these, and would likely have received the updates we've put in much later had we not been doing so (other versions of the game just accept updates whenever they arrive). I understand and share the user's frustrations, as a tremendous amount of content is already in existence and should at least theoretically work with little actual development work needed.

Unfortunately many of these systems are designed to work only after a certain version of the exe is live, so that means that we have to receive updates in order or some of them will not work (the Shiba Inu hat is an example of this) with the current version of the game. Due to the "What to look forward to" thread we have made large strides in getting very old content updated on our server. 

Basically while we receive large updates from kRO, there are a lot of smaller updates that they have implemented that they may think we already have (this has happened in the past) or that 

The buggy quests and implementation are our responsibility and we correct these as soon as we are able. 

Regarding Tiki Tuesday and TWIR it's my job specifically as a community manager to create this type of content. These videos help to inform the community and bring us more awareness on twitch and youtube, which are crucial nowadays. Two-three hours per week doing videos isn't what is setting back our updates. 

#8 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hey Oda,

We've been doing a daily event in Eden Kitchen with lots of popularity (have 10+ people helping out everyday!) 

The event requires everyone going back and forth to the storage, however. So can I ask for a Kafra Storage at the top left corner of Eden Kitchen? =D

(And also disable Greed in Eden Kitchen because it's been hurting some of the events >.<)

At the very least Kitchen storage should be happening this week, there is supposed to be a cupboard for storage. Wouldn't be a bad idea to remove greeding.

Edited by Oda, 18 March 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#9 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Hey Oda,

We've been doing a daily event in Eden Kitchen with lots of popularity (have 10+ people helping out everyday!) 

The event requires everyone going back and forth to the storage, however. So can I ask for a Kafra Storage at the top left corner of Eden Kitchen? =D

Wow. *no comment*

Oda, what ethnicity are you?

Fourth generation Japanese American, family came over from the Central-Southern part of Japan just before the 1900s.

@Facekiller: iRO has a special licensing. It used to be that content was purchased from kRO, now it's requested instead.

Edited by Oda, 18 March 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#10 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

What major updates are planned for the next 3 months?

WoE TE, Glastheim and (possibly) The Heroes Trail part 1 we should be receiving within that time. 

For Classic, we will be having a refurbished training ground and more high level content. 

#11 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Wow. *no comment*

Oda, what ethnicity are you?

@Facekiller: iRO has a special licensing. It used to be that content was purchased from kRO, now it's requested instead.

Wow. That comment. 

He's japanese

#12 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

why do we not just get automatic updates from kRO? why is it we have to request things and then wait for them to be sent? shouldnt kRO just send us what they have in regular intervals so we can be as current as possible? why is it we the players have to site dates for when things arrived on kRO in order for you guys to ask for them? how is it that the players know more about future content than the staff? shouldnt you guys be on top of that? shouldnt you guys be harassing the crap outta kRO on almost a daily basis to make sure we get new content and bug fixes? is there a way we the players can harass kRO for you guys? whats really going on in your office that makes its so we get recycled content over and over (and bugged) and yet no real major updates? maybe instead of doing these tiki tuesdays AND whats happening this week in iro you guys could be working on keep your customers happy and willing to pay...

They have to translate eng > korean > eng to get anything done and kro takes forever to respond and then they send us broken crap anyway (vday quest as an example).

They have a translation company, but as you've seen from the (unlocalized) these are VERY rough. In addition, their QA has to take a long time to test updates before they give them to the international partners, but oftentimes there are things that may work for them that do not work on ours due to differences in our client and theirs. 

Players know more because they have time/resources/care to know more and play the game a LOT more than GMs do.

Question: Can you guys implement a buff icon for large hp potions?

That would be a good thing to request. 

Edited by Oda, 18 March 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#13 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Would you be able to quickly mention the MMOBomb contest? A lot of Facebook fans of the RO page whom never touch the forums watch Tiki Tuesday. It'd be good for raising awareness beyond that tiny un-highlighted plug you guys made a few weeks ago.

Yes.

#14 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

Last week you said that we'd be receiving data about the GH update and WoE:TE soon. Any ETA now?

We're going to be doing a meeting with kRO on that soon. 

#15 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

Will we ever get Wild Roses back in towns on classic?

Possible! Though we'd have to make sure that certain skills are blocked in town. 

#16 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

just like any others. i'd like to know more about major updates rather than fixes or events. procedures, policies, sh1ts.

Fixes, events, procedures, policies and sh1ts we have control over here. Major updates we can only talk about when we receive info from HQ. 

#17 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Could the brownie exchange rate on Boxter be based on the KP value of the box? I think a 150 KP box should require less brownie points than a box that costs 500 KP. If I remember right, the last time Boxter charged less than 1k brownie points per box was in August and since then all boxes have cost 1k brownies, regardless of the KP amount of the box.

The number of points needed for the Groove pack when boxter returns this week with be adjusted for being a lower priced box. 

#18 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Yeah why aren't the expanded town NPCs moved in alberta :v

They will be. 

#19 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

What's your 3 most favorite Ragnarok's BGM's? (in no particular order)

Monastery in Disguise

Rose of Sharon

Ancient Groover

#20 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

[Classic]

I would like to make a request that trans only items be able to be equipped by expanded classes over level 95. Or even at 98+. Or even 99. Things like Variants, Valk Armors, Valk Mants, etc. The Valk equips don't even need to have class bonuses.

It's not our fault we can't trans, and I dislike having to have two sets of certain gears because my Soul Linker is unable to wear them. 

:p_sad:

Edited by Rythen, 15 March 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#21 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

What's your 3 most favorite Ragnarok's BGM's? (in no particular order)

I'm gonna answer that question despite no one asking me, since I LOVE RO'S BGMS SO MUCH.

• Into The Abyss
  • Believe In Myself
  • Dream of a Whale

#22 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Can we have pom pom hats and cat ear berets back in cash shop? long time since they went in and theyre essential for woe/pvp/bg

#23 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

nop

#24 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Would it be possible to get a VAS for one-way character transfers between Renewal and Classic, sans-zeny and any gears, perhaps limiting 3rd and Trans jobs to High Novices upon completion of the service?

Equips are easily regained, but manhours spent leveling are invaluable. I'd quite like to see this considered.

You have at least one person here who would pay for it to happen. I know of many other people who would also like to have the option.

IsPkUAI.gif

#25 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Would it be possible to get a VAS for one-way character transfers between Renewal and Classic, sans-zeny and any gears, perhaps limiting 3rd and Trans jobs to High Novices upon completion of the service?

Equips are easily regained, but manhours spent leveling are invaluable. I'd quite like to see this considered.

You have at least one person here who would pay for it to happen. I know of many other people who would also like to have the option.

IsPkUAI.gif

1-99 is so easy in Renewal, that's absurd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users