「VOTING END」 Ongoing MMOBomb.com Ultimate F2P Showdown! (beware page 69) - Page 83 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 16 votes

「VOTING END」 Ongoing MMOBomb.com Ultimate F2P Showdown! (beware page 69)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#2051 3142130504131530097

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

But that doesn't mean that I still think this poll is valid at least until I see the "real" numbers.

They won't release that data, but it's easy to guess it from the picture they posted yesterday on twitter and some estimation, just take the raw numbers, and then substract 20k from RO and 2k from Mabi.

Still, even with the "real" numbers, this was just a silly internet popularity contest from the very beginning, so I'm not sure what kind of "validity" can it have, if any at all...

#2052 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

They won't release that data, but it's easy to guess it from the picture they posted yesterday on twitter and some estimation, just take the raw numbers, and then substract 20k from RO and 2k from Mabi.

Still, even with the "real" numbers, this was just a silly internet popularity contest from the very beginning, so I'm not sure what kind of "validity" can it have, if any at all...

Except for 20k to be removed the top 98 from the post the other day would now all have to be over 200.

#2053 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

I'm kind of tired of the RO slander mmobomb has done though because of some morons who voted 400 times per ip and is apparently continuing to do it "It seems as though the previous TOR IP used to post illegitimate votes for RO is now trying to post votes to Mabi." - MMOBomb"

I don't get why they have to keep bringing up how we are cheaters and only show us in their little ip screenshots and such. The fact that they won't reveal the numbers till the end where they can say "lol well it's already over who cares if we made a mistake" all leads to the fact that they're heavily biased against RO now considering the site is run by 3 dudes which means there is no neutral party keeping them in check. For all we know they got lazy checking the numbers and just decided Mabi should win.

#2054 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Only thing I have to question is the previous post they made listening a the top few botted ip's and the amount of votes that RO had to have lost to end up at 46% doesn't really add up =o

If Mabinogi lost 0 votes, RO would need to lose a minimum of about 26k votes to be at 46%, which isn't very far from my estimate of 30k a few pages back. Mabinogi probably lost at least a few thousand votes, pushing that number even higher.

#2055 Letus

Letus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Locationhiding behind a comically small bush

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I'm kind of tired of the RO slander mmobomb has done though because of some morons who voted 400 times per ip and is apparently continuing to do it "It seems as though the previous TOR IP used to post illegitimate votes for RO is now trying to post votes to Mabi." - MMOBomb"

I don't get why they have to keep bringing up how we are cheaters and only show us in their little ip screenshots and such. The fact that they won't reveal the numbers till the end where they can say "lol well it's already over who cares if we made a mistake" all leads to the fact that they're heavily biased against RO now considering the site is run by 3 dudes which means there is no neutral party keeping them in check. For all we know they got lazy checking the numbers and just decided Mabi should win.

The polls are run by 3 guys

the site has a bit more than that.

But if you want a conspiracy theory, then here's a good one:

Nexon owns mmoBomb

Face it, THREE Nexon games started in the current 64

two are left.....coincidentally....in the finals

Edited by Letus, 24 March 2014 - 01:16 PM.

#2056 Shisummy

Shisummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

well its just a silly poll in the end

i'm happy tho, just cause the 3xAP event

but this does not make any game better than the other

It has been an honor to talk with you guys, i'll always have good memories from this community, when i used to play, and from now.

You guys rock, keep being a great community 

-this is not a goodbye owo -

Edited by Shisummy, 24 March 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#2057 NarueNiina

NarueNiina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

If Mabinogi lost 0 votes, RO would need to lose a minimum of about 26k votes to be at 46%, which isn't very far from my estimate of 30k a few pages back. Mabinogi probably lost at least a few thousand votes, pushing that number even higher.

If we don't count those "few thousand votes", then mabinogi would still over 30k+ votes.

Yeah, legit as puppy, alright.

#2058 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

It's just that it literally does not matter now. It's their contest, and they can run it how they wish. We are lucky not to have been flat-out disqualified due to the high number of cheated votes, it was certainly within their right. Again, informal FUN contest on their site to bring them some pageviews, help us games get noticed and ostensibly would be a win-win. It's not deciding the fate of nations. 

Would much rather focus on keeping the good feelings from meeting new people and introducing some folks to RO and showing them that the community here is fantastic. 

For those people just joining us, I certainly hope that you continue to chat with us and have fun in the game too. 

#2059 Shisummy

Shisummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

sad how some take this so far tho.....sad....

It's just that it literally does not matter now. It's their contest, and they can run it how they wish. We are lucky not to have been flat-out disqualified due to the high number of cheated votes, it was certainly within their right. Again, informal FUN contest on their site to bring them some pageviews, help us games get noticed and ostensibly would be a win-win. It's not deciding the fate of nations. 

Would much rather focus on keeping the good feelings from meeting new people and introducing some folks to RO and showing them that the community here is fantastic. 

For those people just joining us, I certainly hope that you continue to chat with us and have fun in the game too. 

xD i'm ever thinking on installing RO again just to chat with you guys

Edited by Shisummy, 24 March 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#2060 mewi

mewi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Classic

The polls are run by 3 guys
the site has a bit more than that.

But if you want a conspiracy theory, then here's a good one:
Nexon owns mmoBomb

Face it, THREE Nexon games started in the current 64
two are left.....coincidentally....in the finals

LOL... afk!

http://www.mmobomb.com/about/

nexonyoumyfriend1_zps8d64555c.png

Edited by mewi, 24 March 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#2061 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Neither game has 5k active players, and neither game is going to pull more than 5k players. If the numbers exceed that, then its bull.

The votes came from mabi players trying to get us DQ'd. They didn't DQ us because it would have been impossible to tell how many came from mabi players. People can say we shouldn't point fingers and all that, but its obvious. They pulled ahead in the first poll by a large margin. Suddenly, the talk of counter-voting and DQ comes up, and RO pulls in the lead. It's obvious their trolls were trying to DQ us, and now the quote that sapphic posted is likely the mabi trolls who were voting for RO's DQ. 2+2=4.

Had to add in the active to clarify.

Edited by Tkwan, 24 March 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#2062 Shisummy

Shisummy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Neither game has 5k players, and neither game is going to pull more than 5k players. If the numbers exceed that, then its bull.

The votes came from mabi players trying to get us DQ'd. They didn't DQ us because it would have been impossible to tell how many came from mabi players. People can say we shouldn't point fingers and all that, but its obvious. They pulled ahead in the first poll by a large margin. Suddenly, the talk of counter-voting and DQ comes up, and RO pulls in the lead. It's obvious their trolls were trying to DQ us, and now the quote that sapphic posted is likely the mabi trolls who were voting for RO's DQ. 2+2=4.

really....

people like this do really exist...

how can a silly poll make people freak out about conspiracies 

that's beyond my imagination 

Edited by Shisummy, 24 March 2014 - 01:27 PM.

#2063 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

It's not really the loss as much, but the slander that bugs me ~_~

#2064 Nekonomimi

Nekonomimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Neither game has 5k players, and neither game is going to pull more than 5k players. If the numbers exceed that, then its bull.

Please, stop already with the biased and proofless comments.

#2065 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

Dat partnership 

#2066 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:28 PM

sad how some take this so far tho.....sad....

Sad how the Mabi forums, react to this,there has always been the choice of celebrating victory without trashing your opponent, but most of them were blinded by rage, hate, error 404 : sportmanship not found. I hope the people I meet in game won't be the ones on the forums, as even if I get stuck in hell in game, it'll be better to just uninstall the game than asking for help there.

#2067 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Forget about the polls they don't matter. It's your opinion on why you like that should matter anyway not theirs or anyone elses.

Edited by HikariYari, 24 March 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#2068 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Thread has run it's course. Thank you to both communities for participating and especially to our RO users for helping to get the word out. I'd love to have won, but it's not the end of the world. Further discussions of conspiracy and other bad feelings are welcome to continue the conversation on one of our fan sites discussion boards, but not here.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users