Ranger Master Level Quest for ML1 any hints? - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ranger Master Level Quest for ML1 any hints?

15 replies to this topic

#1 realTrueLove

realTrueLove

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

Hello,

I don´t know if this post will be doubled, because the CM has to unlock it first. But after waiting 24 hours here is a second post..or if the original is lost my first one :hmm:

Ok here is my "problem"/question

I have a LVL50/50 Ranger and was trying to do the ML quest to get ML LVL 1. But it seems my Ranger is nearly instant kill for the 5 mobs in the Arena. I will get stunned in the same moment I´m entering the arena and then after 5-10 seconds I´m killed. I tried many things...potions, running potions, i tried to hide in the back rooms, priest buffs etc. I´m always just buying some time and right after they see me i got stunned and killes. I receive sometimes 3,8K damage from one opponent and 800-1600 from the others.

I have normal equipment and did not received even half of that damage from other mobs. Potions are not enough, my 7,3k Health is a joke with the stunning and damage i always receive.

If there are some tricks or tipps to get that quest done i would be glad to know them. I was killed over 25 times with no chance of even get more then two killed.

Sometimes instant kill, sometimes i get the chance to run away only to be killed after it. With that actual situation i´m not able to play my Ranger anymore. My priest was a joke as i was finishing my ML quest, but that is not funyn anymore.

Thank you for your help

hugs True

PS. English is not my native language, so be patient with me :thx:

Edited by realTrueLove, 21 March 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:39 AM

Camo before entering the quest. That'll give your PC time to load the new map without giving the opponents free shots at you.

Move 15-20m away from the group and start sniping at them. That'll give you some time as some of them will have to run to you to engage in melee.

Have a few spinels available in case you do get killed after killing some of the opponents so you won't have to start over from scratch.

Have you honed your equipment yet? The extra stats you get from that may make a difference as well.

#3 realTrueLove

realTrueLove

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Thank you Atha, i will test it out later  :p_idea: 

giggles if it is not working, better to shut your ears with your hands, or you will hear a really loud scream out of frustration on channel 10 :heh:

#4 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Also, if all else fails, getting some decent raid gear would help. I leveled up some of my alts recently just for the heck of it and had the same situation you had. Sometimes I had to kill 1 and then spinel and repeat the entire process depending on what class I was using (Then again, I would be using like lvl 40 gear). But if I had better raid gear then I could solo those 5 no problem. That being said, with raids obsolete these days that may no longer be the "practical" route anymore.

Edited by Maharaorajah, 22 March 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#5 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

I have this problem with my soulmaker, there's no way I can't even kill one of them, I have blue shirt/pants/handle/doll lvl 47, green hat lvl 48 and shoes lvl 46, and blue gloves lvl 45, all honed, I shouldn't be recieving so much damage when in Road of Bless I can kill 7~8 lvl 50 mob with no difficulty.  :p_ang: 

We all know how rare raids are now, without even thinking of how troll dropped gear is. I certainly will not waste my zenny on gear I'll use only for that either. And really, I want my SM to be ML already.  :p_cry: 

#6 realTrueLove

realTrueLove

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

I did not had the time to test some things out, but i will do it tomorrow. It is really strange how hard the mobs are in the Arena for the ML quest.

And i did not have the drive to buy or to do raids to get equipment for only one quest.

Maybe that will change after i finished all Khara quests with dying and ressurection :hmm:

I will share my experience as soon as i have finished the quest..or not :p_swt:

#7 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

Kharas actually have nothing to do with it, mobs weren't that hard before. I did the ML quest with half of my chars already, and with any I had such difficulty. :/

#8 realTrueLove

realTrueLove

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Sorry if you misunderstood my saying, i mean the Khara quest where you need to die a specific count of numbers :p_swt:

My priest was doing the ML quest without getting any problems at all, needed only one or two heals and i was through with it :p_love:

#9 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

Haha, don't worry, I knew it was that khara you meant, but anyway, any kharas have to do anything with that quest.

I made my SM to be ML finally.

Try this: Use camouflage before you accept the quest and enter the arena, so that they won't kill you that soon. Go to one of the rooms, go out a little and then start to attack from there, they'll surely go all for you, but manage to kill at least one or two, you'll die, but try to have several spinels, you can turn spinels into spinel purple potions, so use them too, they'll help, revive and try the same. It's hard and it takes time, but I managed to do it that way. 

I hope it wors for you too.  :p_laugh: 

#10 realTrueLove

realTrueLove

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

YES :thx:  It worked :p_love:

Was using camo before entering the arena, i killed first one ranged mob and retreated into the back room (got killed once).

After i used the spinel and camo again i killed the second one and retreated back into the room again with the melees folowing me.

With using spinel potion VI Health potion and running around i killed the melees :p_laugh:

Thank you all for your hints and help

hugs True

Edited by realTrueLove, 23 March 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#11 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hahahaha, it makes me really happy it worked!!  :p_laugh:  You're welcome.  :p_laugh: 

Have fun, hugs too! :'D

#12 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

The real issue you guys are having such trouble doing the ML1 quests are because you are not properly geared up for it.  There are raid dungeons that give you better gear before coming to the Morroc/Dayr Desert area, but aren't necessary in moving foward with the storyline or just general map progression.  If you guys geared up with Baphomet/PvE Arena gear, or Culvert of Abyss Normal gear, you'd probably stand a much better chance.

#13 Lilithsama

Lilithsama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

There are raid dungeons, yes, but how long would it take to get only one or two pieces of gear? Without even mentioning that people hardly raid anymore, gear drops are the mothers of all trollness and desert scorpion gear is much better than raid gear. It isn't worth wasting so much time only for one quest.

Besides, I made that quest with similar gear with my priest, assassin, ranger and beastmaster before with no problem at all, it was hard with my sorcerer and my soulmaker only. And even my sorcerer had all purple crafted gear and she got killed like twice. .-.

#14 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

Amazing necro!

Sorry but I had to post. I was also having a hard time with my SM and I was very frustrated to the point that I almost quit. But then guildies told me that I have very lousy armors (I only have 37-ish lol) and they're helping me right now with PVE arena gear. The runs are not a waste of time for me since I'm not in a rush to turn ML and I have fun being their support.. and it's an added experience to make you a pro support lol. As I have said on my own thread on the Soulmaker page, I think RO2 made the game this way just so we could further explore the game instead of grinding to the max level. But yeah, lack of players so it takes time to find a party  :p_sleep:  I'm thankful for very nice guildmates (we all started at the same time, it's just me that's kinda slow in leveling).

I'll be updating soon if ever I passed the ML quest. And thanks for the conceal tip!  :p_hi:

#15 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

There are raid dungeons, yes, but how long would it take to get only one or two pieces of gear? Without even mentioning that people hardly raid anymore, gear drops are the mothers of all trollness and desert scorpion gear is much better than raid gear. It isn't worth wasting so much time only for one quest.

Besides, I made that quest with similar gear with my priest, assassin, ranger and beastmaster before with no problem at all, it was hard with my sorcerer and my soulmaker only. And even my sorcerer had all purple crafted gear and she got killed like twice. .-.

It took me 15min to get proper gear :P

Just start a request for PvE Hard Mode and do it a few times. You'll get the Fast-&-Furious title and the colored gear tokens for top, gloves and helm. With the Victory Points you'll get, you can also buy yourself some decent shoes. If you've done Sandstorm Fortress, you should already have quite a good weapon, so no need to hunt one.

Also keep in mind that you get free "30% red pots" with the hourly attendance and "80% purple pots" in your level-up gift boxes, as well as Infinium via daily quests to upgrade your gear to +1 and a few Assassin's Creed - Conceal scrolls, Wind Pots. Don't forget the Pontera Buffs.

Finally, you should know your class. As a ranger, you should kill the enemy ranger / wizard first because these guys can stun you (you should have learned that by doing PvE hard). Since you stay hidden while you cast a mermaid, you can add some DoT before you'll sim for your first shot (adding another slow debuff).

Then, use the normal hit-&-run tactic of the ranger. You can trigger Guardian, Ymir Form, Wind Walk and Wind Pots to easily outrun all the damage (you can use slow arrow as well). If you run in circles and "tab" through your enemies to kill the right ones, the ranger should be the second easiest class for that quest, only being beaten by the Rogue, who can one-shot with Cross Impact and use Smoke bomb a second later.... just to repeat the process after the cooldown.

The Soulmaker was a totally different story, because your usual tactics would be to mob-&-kill while casting cure. But as a ranged class with a 25m skills, the strategy is the same as for the Ranger.... hit-&-run. First issue is to save yourself by running away and hope that you won't get stunned (f.e. if you have a slow PC). Thereafter, use Mental Breakdown and a speed bonus (Guardian + Awake) to do the rest.

Both classes can also abuse Dayr Desert Food to get an insane heal over time.

But in general, the devs have to change the quest. They could either replace it by killing the normal Einherjar's in PvE. Then you could do that as a party (basically the same result as getting a ML30 SM Cure before you start the current quest) or add other quests as a prerequisite to that one in order to make sure that the players are already well-equipped.

Edited by Greven79, 18 September 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#16 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

As an update, I passed the ML quest by attaining pve armors and goblin weap. As Greven said, SMs basically have to hit and run and use MB to attack them one by one. I circle around the arena (getting stunned n the process but saved by my cure) and cast MB to whoever is targeted by my "Tab". Wind elixir if guardian boost goes away. I only have level 1 MB and no int but I killed them due to higher def and HP given by my equips.

AFAIK, you cannot pass the test if you have little HP, even if you have amazing Cure buff on you. I see some players who are taking the test with only 4k-ish HP and failing miserably. My advise would be:

1. Get 47-ish armors or possibly, pve hard gears. Once you have it the quest will be a breeze.

2. Wind elixirs

3. Fast and Furious title

4. Those purple spinel pots thingy that heals a large amount of HP 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users