WoW Practice Suggestion/Level Split WoE Comment - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

WoW Practice Suggestion/Level Split WoE Comment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

Note: This was a copy/paste from a thread in the Community forums that got derailed a while ago, though I'm going to look over for additional comments/ideas/revisions.

I think there should be some way to practice WoE... Like a set GvG setting, not like PvP where any random person can come in and hand your ass to yourself. Perhaps a PvP NPC that you register your guild/allies, and other guild/alliances can VS you. Maybe only 1v1, or 2v2, or even possibly up to 5v5 (Multiple alliances). It wouldn't be for any rewards other than normal PvP rooms -- tactical experience of both your guild and your character. Their maps could be the regular WoE maps (as in appearance, not location), so people new and old can either catch up on the feel of the castles and plan their tactics according to their target and their skills.

Also, if made with the WoE maps, there could be different scenarios. All games with teams could have their sprites color changed to a random color to let everyone know who exactly is on which team. (Blue vs Red, Green vs Purple, etc) Parties would have to be made prior to entering,

Target: Emperium !!, pretty much a controlled simulation of WoE that can run in times of 15, 30, 45, and 60 minute increments depending how many people are participating and how much everyone wants to get into it.

Tackle !!, one person on each team is randomly selected, and is the target of the opposing team. Whoever gets 'tackled' first loses. Tackling could mean either getting hit <x> times, or getting killed.

Scavenger Hunt !!, there are randomly placed flags in the castle, that can warp you to a special room! In the room, is either nothing, a monster (No MvPs please), or one of the items you're looking for! Target items can be 1, 3, 5, or, if you really want to get into it, 10! First team with max items win. Be fast on your feet, or be fast with your sword!

Switcheroo !!, the guilds are scrambled! Parties have stayed together, but guilds/alliances have no meaning! Your allies could be your enemies, and your enemies your allies in this game. Characters without parties are places on the team with the lowest head count. (ie That Vit Dancer who spams Dazzler instead of playing CP) Games of only 2 parties are unaffected and pretty much do team vs team.

Of course, I haven't checked out the PvP rooms since I started playing again, so I'm running on outdated information for PvP and whatever I spy on for forum for WoE.

-------

For level based WoE, I don't think the drops should be level based. When I played, I remember Recall-having guilds just gummied up a character (usually novice) to come in and break chests.

Though, if WoE does eventually become level-based, it should be 1-99, 100-125, and 126-150. Or just 1-99 and 100-150, just to make the ranges wider and more dynamic. Judging by past experiences, when someone reaches the max of that limit, 99/125, they'll probably stay there for a while to bask in their power before becoming chum feed again. (i.e. 99 non-trans before they trans)

Though, the question would be how level based WoE would work out. Would there be multiples of castles for each range? Or would WoE 1.0 become fodder for the lower ranges, and 2.0 for higher? Multiples would drag on the server, and splitting castles makes it unfair to those who are in the process of making a god item, or who have to give up a possible eco castle because they went past their level limit.

-------

Any ideas, complaints, or possible revisions? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users