All-purpose Card to Put on Snake Head - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

All-purpose Card to Put on Snake Head

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

I am planning to buy Snake Head but I'm not sure which card to put on it since I have different classes to play when I am not playing my GX. If there are no decent cards to put on it I guess I'll just buy a Chick Hat instead since it is cheaper.

Thanks!

#2 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:16 AM

Vanberk card.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

Vanberk card.

The proc rate on vanberk is dismal, but there aren't really many compelling headgear options... http://db.irowiki.or...type=2&sort=1,1

#4 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

The proc rate on vanberk is dismal, but there aren't really many compelling headgear options... http://db.irowiki.or...type=2&sort=1,1

Vanberk for just the +2 STR.

#5 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Thanks guys!

#6 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Another question, does Snake Head uses level 10 Double Attack if the character has maxed Double Attack? It does say on the wiki but it doesn't say on the item description...

Thanks again!

#7 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

Yes.

#8 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

Thanks again! Bought a Snake Head earlier and carded it with Vanberk so that I get 10 str bonus with Cat Hand Glove of Mustle x2.

Edited by Kandine, 30 March 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Thanks again! Bought a Snake Head earlier and carded it with Vanberk so that I get 10 str bonus with Cat Hand Glove of Mustle x2.

There is no bonus for str in 10's on Chaos/Renewal. 

It's only on Classic. 

And, what happened to my post here? The one that said something to the effect of:

The +2 str is only 4+(watk/100), which means ~6 atk (being optimistic about your weapon), 4 of which is satk (not multiplied by element/% race/ele/size/atk effects). 

The dark ping card gives +10 eatk, which is almost always going to add more damage. 

#10 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Don't let Azzy make you feel bad. Dark Ping card cost a lot more than Vanberk. It's not worthing a 99M card in a 30M hat. People are vending it for 30M right now.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Man, the snake hat is down to 30m?

#12 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

oh there is no more str bonus in renewal? well, thats even good news! i dont need to close my str by 10s anymore!

and no i am not down by not carding it with dark ping card, cant afford it anyway. and i bought my snake head for 20m :)

#13 kiseki3

kiseki3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I think vanberk card is a bad idea because snake head is for double attack and vanberk is for crit, and double attack cancels crit.. i'd go for deviruchi card instead...

#14 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

I have too many deviruchi carded headgears, and whats done is done unless someone gives me another Snake Head :p_hi:

#15 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

I think vanberk card is a bad idea because snake head is for double attack and vanberk is for crit, and double attack cancels crit.. i'd go for deviruchi card instead...

There is nothing wrong on it, I have Vanberk Snake head in idRO and it's actually good when you can roll dice for double attack and crit separately. People mistaken when stacking crit and DA is bad idea but when you see 4 hits DA, 5 hits crit, and 1 normal damage of 10 hits you will tell differ. The idea is eliminate 100% damage because you roll dice for either DA or crit (200% and 140%), imagine that you roll dice and number 1 is fail while 2-5 success (2-5 are DA and crit number) the chance for getting 1 is small..

#16 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

There is nothing wrong on it, I have Vanberk Snake head in idRO and it's actually good when you can roll dice for double attack and crit separately. People mistaken when stacking crit and DA is bad idea but when you see 4 hits DA, 5 hits crit, and 1 normal damage of 10 hits you will tell differ. The idea is eliminate 100% damage because you roll dice for either DA or crit (200% and 140%), imagine that you roll dice and number 1 is fail while 2-5 success (2-5 are DA and crit number) the chance for getting 1 is small..

Just because you have a vanberk snake head on idRO doesn't mean that it's great gear. 

I mean, it's not a terrible choice (particularly with snake hats at 30m), but it's not really that good.  

First, because DA takes priority over crit, when it's 100% crit procs, your damage increases from 150% to 170% (a ~13% increase in DPS) - vs a non-snake-head proc of vanberk (starting from 0% crit) - 100% -> 140% (100% crit), a 40% increase in DPS. So even when vanberk procs, it's a small boost. 

To clarify for all, how the "die rolls work" - say you have 50% double attack chance, 50% crit rate. Half of the time, you'll DA. If DA doesn't proc, you'll have 50% chance to crit, so 50% DA, 25% crit, 25% normal. This means that half of the benefit from that crit rate is wasted!

What's a bit more interesting is to consider the effects of snake hat on a crit GX. With the Mora Set and 2 Aunoe cards, you actually LOSE dps by putting on a snake hat! (because DA is doing 200%, but crit is doing either 220% or 252% depending on how the 140% crit damage stacks with +% crit effects). 

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 April 2014 - 01:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users