#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hey Assassins,

I've set up a place where I'll be putting each weekly Assassin VCR report for you to view.

I will be adding the new reports as they come in here, for you to view and go over. Please use the reports as a way of seeing that all your class worries are being addressed, and to help cultivate discussion in the class forums regarding them.

You can access them here.

You can access the directory to all class reports here.

#2 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Intra's report is thorough and covers basically everything I would like to change about assassin too. When and how is it decided which changes will make it into the game?

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

Intra's report is thorough and covers basically everything I would like to change about assassin too. When and how is it decided which changes will make it into the game?

It'll be reviewed by the studio, they meet about the report, then begin crafting internal tests to attempt the changes.

Once they determine it's something that works, and isn't pulling away from their intended role of the class, they will provide us an internal build to test.

The process usually takes 3-4 weeks at the earliest.

#4 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Cool. Good to know! (but please emergency fix shadow assault oh god)

#5 TesteCleeZ

TesteCleeZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Locationwest coast usa

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

sounds good, i made a topic to post the vcr report every week but this works great. 

#6 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

-Shadow form is bugged, is impossible that any class using Greenseed rune Wind 20 walks the same or even faster than an Assassin with 30% perma speed buff. And this is an important bug to deal in Colosseum and WoE. I would mark it as priority.

-Shadow fang need improvement, it isn't AoE at all. You have 2 options, or else you make it the whole Area of effect (Affecting your back) or you make it untargettable. Cause we gotta deal with "need to be in front" to hit and it just affect the mobs in front of you and when you're grouping with other classes they don't need to worry about positioning, they just AoE. Is not that i really need it, but when i grind i like to grind as fast as possible with the most efficient way.

-Combo training that affect Rogue's too is bugged in terms of % compared with Shadow fiend for example. Combo training gives 12% chance maxed and it rarely procs the extra combo point if we compared it with Shadow fiend which got 15% at max and it procs an extra attack each 1-2 hits. Makes sense now?.

-I would say Deadly blow, but Deadly blow is an important skill for Rogue's and their Combo Mastery passive, which makes Deadly blow really deadly, i would improve the extra % damage you gain per combo, 7% per point after AoV is USELESS and read it well, that's why nobody max Deadly blow and that's why Rogues are kinda weak in PvP.

-Mark of Genocide as Intramuros says, was and is the worst buff of any class ever. 2% at maxed wasting 4 points when every other class, EVERY ONE gets 10% on their buff at max or more. I would improve it to 10% to balance it with the other classes and then i would even think if putting a point on this useless buff.

-Remove the Animation of Shadow armor which makes us lose 1 second of invincibility or else extend the invincibility some more seconds.

Agreed with Intramuros on Grimtooth to make it 20 meters range and not 10, cause we gotta deal with Ranger's trap and Raid bosses that may or may not be anti-melees and having Throwing dagger as only long-range skill is pretty useless. This experience i got from Aura Kingdom, playing specifically Duelist, something like an Assassin in some aspects. Of course, if you ever gonna bring raids back, and hard ones.

Now you got reports for the whole year, which i wonder if any skill is gonna be fixed in the 3 months VCR period they got, would be frustrating for Mark and Julian to report every week and Gravity doesn't working on any of their reports.

Edited by Vau, 28 March 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#7 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

i have posted in like 2 different places. the damage for deadly blow is NOT 7% it is 70% per combo point. the only thing wrong with it is the skill description. mmmk  

also i tested the shadow form thing and it does actually give the speed boost. however i do notice that sometimes speed boost will not take affect unless you LOG IN WITH THE BONUS ALREADY IN AFFECT. 

i do agree with the directional based thing being extremely annoying. yep. 

P.S. i posted damage values on deadly blow in bug report with screenshot. it should work exactly the same for rogue as sin. 

Edited by RashaKitty, 28 March 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#8 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:58 AM

Intramuros has sum it all up! Great job bro!

By the way, I agree with you guys on Deadly Blow. Fixing this will add more versatility on our DPS rotation for sure :D

Regarding DPS when compared against a Ranger, yeah I agree once again. This is most probably caused by the weak basic attack that Assassin, or Thief in general have. Remember, the reason why Ranger or Magician has a better damage modifier on their skills are because it needs cast time. In AoV, most geared class has a very fast cast time maybe even surparsing melee's basic attacks in terms of speed. This should also be prioritized imho because it ruins the general idea of having casting time on skills or instant cast.

I agree that we "might" need improvement on our basic attacks which is Double Attack.

Yes, again I agree with our DoT. Non-magic classes suffer because our DoT is broken atm. Please prioritize this problem first before any other ones! We really need our DoT back!

#9 5100130512201242360

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

Intramuros has sum it all up! Great job bro!

By the way, I agree with you guys on Deadly Blow. Fixing this will add more versatility on our DPS rotation for sure :D

Regarding DPS when compared against a Ranger, yeah I agree once again. This is most probably caused by the weak basic attack that Assassin, or Thief in general have. Remember, the reason why Ranger or Magician has a better damage modifier on their skills are because it needs cast time. In AoV, most geared class has a very fast cast time maybe even surparsing melee's basic attacks in terms of speed. This should also be prioritized imho because it ruins the general idea of having casting time on skills or instant cast.

I agree that we "might" need improvement on our basic attacks which is Double Attack.

Yes, again I agree with our DoT. Non-magic classes suffer because our DoT is broken atm. Please prioritize this problem first before any other ones! We really need our DoT back!

Tnx bro but i dont want to take all the credit Guildies assassin practically typed the whole thing for me Props To shadow! 

#10 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

-Mark of Genocide as Intramuros says, was and is the worst buff of any class ever. 2% at maxed wasting 4 points when every other class, EVERY ONE gets 10% on their buff at max or more. I would improve it to 10% to balance it with the other classes and then i would even think if putting a point on this useless buff.

I don't think it's fair to compare a stat buff with a buff that gives % rate. I used to find it useful on the rogue although I do agree that it might need to be rebalanced because the extra rate you get from the 10% stat buff might be superior in the current state of the game to the 2% rate you get from Mark of Genocide with full Osiris. I can't tell, I've stopped playing before I reached Osiris gears. And it will only get worse as gear progression goes on....

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 29 March 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#11 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:38 PM

Upping the thread just for the lulz!!

No, not really, actually..

Can you, VCR representatives suggest for Shadow Explosion to be merged in 1 hit? There's no friggin point on Mark of Shadow buff if one from two hits are misssing from SE, which means less DPS.

I'd like to see this implemented if it is possible :/

Thank you!

#12 buntaltampan

buntaltampan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

yes make SE as 1 hit. also improve double damage attack. remove cross impact
make shadow fang as real aoe

Edited by buntaltampan, 26 April 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#13 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

Since many dps classes now have aoe dot skills. Let sins also apply dot (Poisoning Weapon) from their splash damage skills (Grimtooth and Shadow Fang).

#14 Saylol

Saylol

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

-Shadow form is bugged, is impossible that any .... etc.

Agree with everything. the 2% crit is useless, (got more from a lvl 45 equip ... lv 45... not to say a Ml1 

#15 DarkSound

DarkSound

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

-Shadow fang need improvement, it isn't AoE at all. You have 2 options, or else you make it the whole Area of effect (Affecting your back) or you make it untargettable. Cause we gotta deal with "need to be in front" to hit and it just affect the mobs in front of you and when you're grouping with other classes they don't need to worry about positioning, they just AoE. Is not that i really need it, but when i grind i like to grind as fast as possible with the most efficient way.

Helping you whit that, At the moment u can cast it in directions Left and right. Run around  enemis and use shadow... Nothing whill be at ur back

#16 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

most of the important skill balance request already posted... so ill just add 2 skill balance suggestion

1. Poisoning Weapon

-This is a thief skill... the current dmg formula for this skill is still using the old pre-AoV formula so it does a very mediocre dmg (17%-19%-21%-23%-25%) it should be now (170%-190%-210%-230%-250%) physical atk every 2 sec for 20sec (just like the balance on other skills)

-Also it would be very nice if a SLOW EFFECT is added if the target is poisoned... so it deals DoT + 30%-50% (30% would be more balanced) movement speed slow (this is favorable mostly to Rogues in pvp... since that class has so limited gap closer skills against ranged classes... even Assassin just can kite them and kill them easily)

2. Shadow Assault

-This skill should add a COMBO POINT when you use it... currently it gives no combo points upon usage

- ALso if possible make stun duration from 3sec to 4sec... coz most classes have longer stuns than assassins... this to balance out cc's (we only got this)

and theres more.... i will suggest a balance benifitting all Melee Classes!

you see in this game, there are so many POSITIONAL bugs where even if your already near a mob it will still say "out of range" and you cant do normal melee/skills... (this is in terms of PVE)

and in PVP... all Range Class has all the advantage against Melee Classes (example: can move while range atking/ 5 sec iimmoblize/ 5 sec slow/ etc + Position Bug/Lag)

Conclusion: i humbly suggest you guys will increase the range of Melee weapons and Melee Skills from 2meters to 4-5 Meters... i think this will greatly help all Melee Class in gerenal (better gameplay)

Edited by Rafnex, 01 June 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#17 DarkSound

DarkSound

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

most of the important skill balance request already posted... so ill just add 2 skill balance suggestion

1. Poisoning Weapon

-This is a thief skill... the current dmg formula for this skill is still using the old pre-AoV formula so it does a very mediocre dmg (17%-19%-21%-23%-25%) it should be now (170%-190%-210%-230%-250%) physical atk every 2 sec for 20sec (just like the balance on other skills)

-Also it would be very nice if a SLOW EFFECT is added if the target is poisoned... so it deals DoT + 30%-50% (30% would be more balanced) movement speed slow (this is favorable mostly to Rogues in pvp... since that class has so limited gap closer skills against ranged classes... even Assassin just can kite them and kill them easily)

Nice Idea abaut an usless skill, but if u think... dev's never gona make assasin like that, but could be modified Poison to do:

Poisoning Weapon: Atributes 5/5 (30 min aura)

- 40% succes rate to get poison

- (10 sec's Duration)

- Slow Target Speed 20%

- Unable to Heal /Use Potion

- Inflict whit adiotional damage equaling 50% of you physical atack evry 2 sec's.

That mean 10 secs to own target.

Edited by DarkSound, 02 June 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#18 Quinntto

Quinntto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

Nice Idea abaut an usless skill, but if u think... dev's never gona make assasin like that, but could be modified Poison to do:

- (10 sec's Duration)

- Slow Target Speed 20%

- Inflict whit adiotional damage equaling 50% of you physical atack evry 2 sec's.

Nope. This would make sins too OP. It is basically giving Rogue's Fracture Debuff Effect on a 40% probability to proc when attacking. Wanna know how high is 40%? Out of 5 attacks that we do, 2 will cause 10 seconds debuff effect. That means they will be forever locked in this debuff.

Dude, cmon. It's not that hard to see that this idea is just plain destructive.

#19 Quinntto

Quinntto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

1. Poisoning Weapon

2. Shadow Assault

-This skill should add a COMBO POINT when you use it... currently it gives no combo points upon usage

- ALso if possible make stun duration from 3sec to 4sec... coz most classes have longer stuns than assassins... this to balance out cc's (we only got this)

and theres more.... i will suggest a balance benifitting all Melee Classes!

you see in this game, there are so many POSITIONAL bugs where even if your already near a mob it will still say "out of range" and you cant do normal melee/skills... (this is in terms of PVE)

and in PVP... all Range Class has all the advantage against Melee Classes (example: can move while range atking/ 5 sec iimmoblize/ 5 sec slow/ etc + Position Bug/Lag)

Conclusion: i humbly suggest you guys will increase the range of Melee weapons and Melee Skills from 2meters to 4-5 Meters... i think this will greatly help all Melee Class in gerenal (better gameplay)

Shadow Assault stuns for 3 seconds is already long enough to do Shadow Strike, Grimtooth, Double Attack and Shadow Explosion. I tried doing it with good internet connection and it worked. A longer stun would just make sins too OP. Yes, other classes have more stuns, but Assassin's stun, in general, gives more damage and 100% accuracy (don't need to aim like Battle Leap).

Increasing the range of the Melee weapon attack and skills to 4-5 meters would just be a bandaid fix to the positional 'out of range' bugs. If there is some more problem that emerge from this 'fix', then people will suggest an even more OP 'fix.'

#20 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:03 AM

Even at 20m and 25m you still will get the out of  range bug.

#21 DarkSound

DarkSound

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Nope. This would make sins too OP. It is basically giving Rogue's Fracture Debuff Effect on a 40% probability to proc when attacking. Wanna know how high is 40%? Out of 5 attacks that we do, 2 will cause 10 seconds debuff effect. That means they will be forever locked in this debuff.

Dude, cmon. It's not that hard to see that this idea is just plain destructive.

Then how you can make it better? , we are talking abaut skills of assasin's, its diferent, assasin from rogue, is not the same thing... 

Could be 30% 

whit extra atribute heal/potuion lock..

This only mean 1 chance to win, this is not to crazy men.. Rogue/sin cant hold a close combat... if u do pvp could know that.

_____

''don't need to aim like Battle Leap'' we are not class whit 400% crit. and monks got 5 sec stun whit good dmg, and dont need to aim.

4 atacks in 3 secs.. Posible yes.. but never gona make it the 80% of assasins. whe are not at 2m of server.

you even try pvp whit assasin?

____

And could be nice if speed cap is removing, 30% speed of Shadow form get usles againts 10% wind rune omg.. then u know 20% speed of Shadow Form is Usless.... so could be better change the aura to deal more dmg or fix the cap

Edited by DarkSound, 02 June 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#22 Quinntto

Quinntto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

Then how you can make it better? , we are talking abaut skills of assasin's, its diferent, assasin from rogue, is not the same thing... 

Could be 30% 

whit extra atribute heal/potuion lock..

This only mean 1 chance to win, this is not to crazy men.. Rogue/sin cant hold a close combat... if u do pvp could know that.

_____

''don't need to aim like Battle Leap'' we are not class whit 400% crit. and monks got 5 sec stun whit good dmg, and dont need to aim.

4 atacks in 3 secs.. Posible yes.. but never gona make it the 80% of assasins. whe are not at 2m of server.

you even try pvp whit assasin?

____

And could be nice if speed cap is removing, 30% speed of Shadow form get usles againts 10% wind rune omg.. then u know 20% speed of Shadow Form is Usless.... so could be better change the aura to deal more dmg or fix the cap

Oh wow I don't even know if you are joking or not. Do you even know what is Fracture Effect that a rogue can do? Your proposal is just that. Exactly the same. Then, you are proposing that in 1 out of 3 attacks that we do can slow + disable heal our target?

Back to you, do you even pvp at all?

You are also saying that 30% movement speed is useless?! Oh wow. Yeah go try and do WOE, which is the ultimate pvp.

Well, I'm gonna stop here. There's a reason why no one has responded to your idea.

Edited by Quinntto, 02 June 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#23 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

- (10 sec's Duration)
- Slow Target Speed 20%

With that rate, we'd effectively have a slow-lock, which, at 20%, would be a bit much, especially if tagged onto a passive buff skill. While the inability to use pots/heal would be interesting, it's also importing rogue unique skills into the thief tree, again into a passive buff skill. Admittedly though, increased damage would be nice, but there's hearsay that a defense-based DOT is in the works for sins - if that ends up being tacked on another skill, an increase in poisoning would make us too OP. If said DOT doesn't come though, then yes, some balance in the poison damage would be nice, but only if done relatively with other classes and the current HP amount.

I wouldn't mind a 1-sec increase on Shadow Assault though - on a decent net connection, I usually only get 2 attacks off, at max 3. And 30% speed increase could be pulled on par with wind 14 or so, but I haven't tested this properly, so eh.

Regarding the Shadow Fiend skill, how about adding a chance of dodge (maybe 5%ish , 5 secs long) to its proc? Would make us slightly less squishy.

#24 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

Poison weapon doesn't need fracture or slow mechanics.. it's really good as a passive already. The damage just isn't there and that's all that needs fixing. And we are not squishy classes at all, assassin has a lot of survivability (and good defense on armors).

A combo point from shadow assault sounds kinda cool, though.

#25 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:41 AM

^ It's an active skill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users