Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 4/1 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 4/1

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Pretty excited that soon I will have a sub-blog to post these up on where I can embed to my hearts content.

For this week's cocktail, a simple but classic recipe...The Dark and Stormy, so named for it's interesting contrasting colors. 

2 oz dark rum

8 oz ginger beer (ginger ale will not be strong enough) Reeds ginger beer is a little easier to find, the recipe page recommends the extra ginger flavored one

juice of 1/2 a lime

Just fill a tall highball glass with ice cubes and add the lime juice pour the ginger beer over the top and stir, then float the 2 oz of rum on top. 

20120108darkstormy.jpg

#2 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

First:heh:

Could you boost the spawn on turtle island, please?

Why does it seem like there's always something missing (exp/spawn rate) during Spotlights?

Why can't the team get it right on the very first week of the spotlight?

I think it's kinda simple to keep a checklist of monsters/maps that are included in the spotlight, and boost their exp,drop,spawn rates one by one. Can the GMs do that? Coz I suppose they think like they know all the spotlight maps/monsters by heart so sometimes they forget some stuff.  :heh:

It's weird really coz on one of the maintenance threads, you announced the alberta/byalan spotlight like a week or two before the Rachel/Veins spotlight ended.

I think thats enough time for the team to prepare the list of mobs/maps and make the necessary changes.

Some people already think that GMs are kinda lazy because of the bots, zeny seller spams, inefficient ticket system, etc.

These spotlight screw ups, including the fail spotlight announcements, just kinda add to the negative impression of the GMs.

I mean, you could all say that the ancient bugs that haven't been fixed and the ancient updates that haven't been applied are all "in kRO's hands."

But these spotlight probs are all in the GM's hands and can be easily avoided, so yeah I hope next spotlight is Geffen/GH would have no prob.  :heh:

For the most part it's miscomunication between me (the one writing the notes) and the production team who prepares the updates as to what things are going in and what things aren't. I tend to be reacting to posts in the thread and add something that the rest of the team may not have on their list. 

There are three separate teams from what you have posted, the actual Game Masters who handle responding to tickets, the Production team who localizes and prepares updates and weekly maintenances and the community team who communicates with players through the forums and facebook. Where we are not in perfect sync we get these problems but we are currently working on better communication between the teams. 

Edited by Oda, 01 April 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#3 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Elven Sunglasses? ._. All you guys said that it's broken!

Also, how is the investigation for Eve Natalia update going? Bio mvp weapons/gear and variants or something would be cool.

Thanks for the answer for the first one ;A; I hope it's fixed soon?! I really miss wearing it.

Bio update is still a bit off from the last time we spoke with HQ, trying to get dates clarified for delivery on that. 

Edited by Oda, 04 April 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

1. The Alberta Boy quest requires you to kill a Wild Rose, which should be wandering around town. But since you guys removed Wild Rose from all the towns, people doing this quest have to travel ALL the way to the Umbala region to kill a Wild Rose. Can't you simply disable polymorphing in ALL towns (since polymorphing is unnecessary for anything happening in towns) and bring back Wild Roses to towns? I miss seeing those stray cats in towns, but Alberta needs them back the most.

I personally would like to bring these back. It was a cute touch that I miss in the game. 

2. Has the Snowysnow quest been deleted or something? I can't do it on any character at all and it seems nonexistent on both Renewal and Classic servers. Why do you deny me a cute quest and sweets? :(

We'll have to check it out. 

3. PLEASE modify Report from the New World so that the Abidail NPC will ALWAYS produce a volume when you turn in 10 pages OR make it so he doesn't throw away ANY pages at all. The premise of the quest is that you are collecting pages of the ONLY copy of the 40-page report, so it makes absolutely no sense for the NPC to toss any pages. The quest as it is now requires you to collect MORE than 40 pages in order to compile the report (since Abidail throws away pages at random). And NO, the NPC specifically states that EVERY page you turn in IS PART OF THE REPORT, but just not part of the same VOLUME. Please do something about this as it can take upwards to a MONTH OR LONGER to finish the quest because of the randomness of the turn-in (and that's WITH buying volumes from other players since it's really hard to find someone who has the volume you need at the time you're playing).

I believe that Campitor can look at this. 

4. Does kRO have any plans to update ALL quests to use the new quest window and not just recent ones? There's a good number of quests that are not trackable with the quest window because they're so old that they're overlooked. I have to manually track those old quests on a Notepad file as I'm doing them so I don't get lost.

It may be one of those systems that kRO is not actively updating, at least for older quests. It might be worthwhile for us to play with it to add some older quests to there. 

5. Why is K.irito censored on the forums? Do you guys hate Sword Art Online that much?

That's kind of an odd thing to censor...maybe somebody thought it was a real game?

6. Why don't those kids in Izlude have names yet?? If you don't know what to name them, here are my suggestions:

4_M_KID1 = GuardianTK
4_F_KID2 = Maka
4_F_SITDOWN = Kagome

We keep trying to put real names on these characters, but every new update seems to set them back. Probably a byproduct of them being the (so far) only NPCs set to automatically speak. 

Edited by Oda, 04 April 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#5 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Can I have a Strawberry Hat for April fools? Even if you're fooling me please say yes =`)

Yes (was written on april 1)

#6 Din85

Din85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

when the rebellion class is released will it require to be transcendent/ the use of a reset stone?

If it is handled like the Kagerou/Oboro classes it is not likely that you will have to transcend or use reset stones. 

#7 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

That kind of question are not suitable for Tiki Tuesday (Oda/Campitor wouldn't know).

Go over to irowiki forums and you will get answers from those that's tried to class on kRO firsthand.

Edited by zr0rieu, 30 March 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

when the rebellion class is released will it require to be transcendent/ the use of a reset stone?

if its anything like Kagerou then no you wont transcend or need a reset stone... its a 2nd class... like going from swordsman to knight...

#9 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

Can you introduce a Guild Supply Box System to some ignored mvps? 

Something like 1 box for Low Tier, 5 for mid Tier, and 10 for high Tier mvp kills. 

Single map MvPs only.

#10 MisFate

MisFate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Since dead branches are allowed on south pront again, would it be possible to re-enable polymorph as well? Just an alternative way to have fun for people who like to hang out there.
Also, would it be possible to update the monster list for dead branches. I know it doesn't contain any new world and bio4 at least.

I'm a pretty casual player and popping some branches can be a fun way to pass the time.

#11 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Any info you could share about the meeting with the kRO people?

For reference:

You said last week you were having a meeting with kRO last weekend can we can a detailed report on what came from that meeting?

The meeting with kRO should be happening this week. 

The meeting was delayed this week (well two weeks) so we will be meeting with our contacts early Next Week. I will make sure that the bugs and desire for new content from the community especially are discussed at the meeting. 

#12 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Stupid snakes finally leaving this week?  *Isis*

Yes. 

#13 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Company

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

I'm wondering if Thanatos Tower party requirement will be fixed.

Some times the 5 party members aren't recognized by the NPC and you have to disconnect and kick out from the party your chars several times before that you can enter in next tower level.

I know that on kRO this party requirement has been deleted, so I would like to know if it will be fixed or deleted also on iRO.

I reported already privately this bug to Campitor some months ago, but since I was pretty busy that day, I assume to have explained it in an inappropriate way.

So even if now I don't play, I think that it's an issue that could interest also to other players, as some friends reported to me.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Allysia, 01 April 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

What is your favorite book, Oda?

#15 Din85

Din85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

Is there a difference of playing on steam or downloading from the website.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

will we get a serious discussion  about the supply boxes on classic?

Also why is my account banned? x_x

#17 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

When are you guys going to fix the prontera benches

#18 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

I know it's a little while away yet, But can I suggest a "Izzy's 11Th year playing iRO birthday" maintenance thread for the 7th May 2014 :D

#19 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

The stream said "Oda will have to wrinte in this one" for my second question =o Is it gonna happen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users