4/23 Patch: Class Balance - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/23 Patch: Class Balance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
379 replies to this topic

#26 Dimwd

Dimwd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

So why only Sm handle will decrease the stat?  :p_laugh:

Edited by Dimwd, 10 April 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#27 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

3.     The effects of the Cure will be decreased.

My question is how much this skill will be reduced.  While I agree it is powerful, and needs to be reduced, I am hoping it is not overly reduced.  You do have to remember SM's who play solo.  Could we have a bit more details about this?  

It also looks like SM's are being lowered in potential, with weapon balances.  We do gain more power if we upgrade our dolls now, I am hoping that is enough to make up for some of the arm pinches we are getting.   (Dolls better glow.  I mean it.  I want my doll to shine like the north star.)

#28 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Character Name: Corbet
Feedback Type: Class: Sorcerer

Did they type wrong here?

The effects of the Crest is strengthened so that if Seal of Fire is used, then the Sorcerer’s ability will be concentrated for the role of a damage dealer, and if Seal of Earth is used, then the ability will be concentrated for the role of a healer.

When a Sorcerer uses Seal of Water to perform the roles of a healer, then it has different characteristics than a Priest. 

Sorc doesn't have a fire tree, we use wind for dps...

And water seal is for self regen, why do I need two separate seals for single target and area healing?

I really hope these are typos because wow this makes no sense and I will have to relearn my class if this is intended.

#29 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Give rangers atk power on quiver and make it honeable and refineable where refine increases attack power then.

Osiris quivers are missing 171min -227max attack‏. If they followed the same trend as Pre AoV.

#30 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Feedback Type: Class: Sorcerer

Did they type wrong here?

Sorc doesn't have a fire tree, we use wind for dps...

And water seal is for self regen, why do I need two separate seals for single target and area healing?

I really hope these are typos because wow this makes no sense and I will have to relearn my class if this is intended.

thats thanks to the pure genius of our VCRs!

#31 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

1.3    Wizard

l  Wizard is pure damage dealer with high Magic ATK, and it is highly effective in area attack.

1.6    Ranger

l  Ranger is a Class oriented on the role of damage dealer through distant attacks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.11 Crecentia

Unlike Ymir Child for Humans, AWAKE skill does not restore HP and SP, and this will be changed.

1.12 Soul Maker

And as with Crecentia, change will be made so that HP and SP is restored when AWAKE skill is used.

Character Name: Wyrdd
Feedback Type: Ranger + Wizard + Ymirs
In 2 parts:

So, It seems ranger and wizards are kindred in that they both are ranged damage dealers that cannot self-heal, where one has magick attack,

and the other physical attack, and where one may be more effective at area attacks and the other maybe more effective at single attacks...

I hope this means that ranger/wizard damage (including DoT's) are better than classes that can attack from afar and that can also self-heal...

which would be fair given that classes that can self heal can fight longer and can deal as much damage before their hp are similarly drained.

IF the damage is not greater, than the armor/dodge/parry/defense stats ought to reduce damage received so we can last as long w/o self heal.

Otherwise, to be fair, a self-heal for wiz/rangers akin to rogue/assassins would be the last way to make the damage potential remotely fair.

Sadly, this last option would likely displace a ranger/wiz skill that would be missed, so I urge for the top option; make wiz/ranger damage potent!

I confess to not knowing much about wizards, but I do know that I am somewhat disappointed in my ranger's Poison Arrow DoT and Vulcan Dmg.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but Ymirs does not restore SP for me, only HP. Is this a typo/slip in need of an edit, or will Ymirs restore HP+SP for everyone?

Just sayin'

Cheers! ^.~

Edit: I added the requested 'form' prefix, and removed an extraneous 's'

Edit: I saw someone mention that wizards can self-heal. I apologize for my ignorance. I stand by my initial idea that ranged attackers with no self-heal should do more

dps than a ranged attacker with self-heal. The more self-heal capability a class has, the lower their overall dps should be. This balances the damage out and damage in;

effectively making battles last longer if/when the healing potential is greater, but shorter with more damage output when healing isn't available. To me, this would be fair.

Edited by Maxscha, 10 April 2014 - 10:28 PM.

#32 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:34 PM

Character Name: xLuc

Feedback Type: Knights compared to other tanks

Feedback: Ok, you want to make knights the perfect main tank. But, please, do pay attention to the actual formulas. If you just boost knights defensive capabilities, leaving all other tanks also with a 300% threat generation skill this will mean that by having more damage than a knight, they will also have more threat thus rendering the whole idea useless (and I should say the threat bar gap as of now is quite a big one).DON'T FORGET TO ADRESS THIS, PLEASE!

I don't care if you give knights higher threat generation power, other tanks less, or even lower their damage and maintain the passives the same, but this part needs attention.

Edited by xLuc, 10 April 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#33 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

forgot this in my last post

Feedback Type: Ymir Child and Awake

Unlike Ymir Child for Humans, AWAKE skill does not restore HP and SP, and this will be changed.

And as with Crecentia, change will be made so that HP and SP is restored when AWAKE skill is used.

Ymir Child doesn't restore SP, only HP.

Does this mean using Ymir will restore SP too? Or had they always meant for it to restore SP as well, but it's currently bugged?

#34 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:36 PM

So, It seems ranger and wizards are kindred in that they both are ranged damage dealers that cannot self-heal, where one has magick attack,

and the other physical attack, and where one may be more effective at area attacks and the other maybe more effective at single attacks...

I hope this means that ranger/wizard damage (including DoT's) are better than classes that can attack from afar and that can also self-heal...

which would be fair given that classes that can self heal can fight longer and can deal as much damage before their hp are similarly drained.

IF the damage is not greater, than the armor/dodge/parry/defense stats ought to reduce damage received so we can last as long w/o self heal.

Otherwise, to be fair, a self-heal for wiz/rangers akin to rogue/assassins would be the last way to make the damage potential remotely fair.

Sadly, this last option would likely displace a ranger/wiz skill that would be missed, so I urge for the top option; make wiz/ranger damage potent!

I confess to not knowing much about wizards, but I do know that I am somewhat disappointed in my ranger's Poison Arrow DoT and Vulcan Dmg.

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but Ymirs does not restore SP for me, only HP. Is this a typo/slip in need of an edit, or will Ymirs restore HP+sSP for everyone?

Just sayin'

Cheers! ^.~

what class are you? if you transform u get full healed. this is what they meant on cres/sm i guess they typo it or maybe theyll make everyone recover SP too

Edited by kuyakayson12, 10 April 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#35 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:39 PM

thats thanks to the pure genius of our VCRs!

i guess Njoror forgot to put that "its not a reflection of VCR reports"

#36 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

make knights tankier and sins tank busters..i find that a bit ughhh counteractive? Not sure if that's the right word. RIP TANKS

#37 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

First off, yay for cres ymir heal!! Thanks for listening!

Second...

Character Name: MoonlitSonata
Feedback Type: Class/skill question (Crecentia)
Feedback: Just curious what the heck "DoT skill damage will be adjusted" means. While we have one ridiculously OP DoT (Furnunculus, crazy damage accompanied by 100% hit rate) the others suffer from either A.) subpar damage, B.) crecentia's abnormally low hit rate, even when Hit is fixed, (referencing Animalicia's graph http://i1316.photobu...zps28820235.png) or C.) Combination of A and B. While people are saying that hit rate is fixed, my experience in colo is still to not bother with skills such as Crucio and Contingency because they still miss A LOT and their damage isn't enough to KS, and in Contingency's area, also suffer from a high CD.
Additional notes: We have filler skills in Diem Wind and Illusion Blade, however, they still suffer from this hit rate issue noted above. We also have a finisher skill in Tempest, but yet again, our subpar hit rate makes it suffer, along with it being a STR-based skill, which crecentias have lacked a reason to bother with STR in AoV because they have gone for chances at higher hit in AGI or better Furnunculus damage with INT.
Also, Evanesco. While the concept for this debuff appears to be unique and only available to the Crecentia class, it has thus far been treated as 1 point to put in to unlock better skills in the tree. Further mindboggling happened when it got the opportunity for 5 additional skill points to be placed into it after AoV. Any news on it becoming a viable skill?

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

#38 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

i guess Njoror forgot to put that "its not a reflection of VCR reports"

So are you saying u guys wasted time collecting info about your respective classes? :heh:

The game got so boring so they gave u guys something to do?

#39 SoulTakeshi

SoulTakeshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

For now I can not build my comment completely as there are points (and there are many) with which I have doubts, of which there are still 12 to 13 days to have the "complete" notes. I'll wait until then. Regards

#40 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Character: Beelzebub3rd

Feedback type:

SM cure pearls please include sp restore too! ^^

EDIT:

PLS FIX PVP CLASS BUGS!!! thanks :3

Edited by 1214681284, 10 April 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#41 jams123

jams123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Character Name: weihungII
Feedback Type: Knight balance
Feedback: Will the DPS/stat gap between Knight and other tank classes be filled? If we're supposed to be main tanks you're going to have to do more than just give damage reduction on our shields. If we can't hold threat, and other tank classes have similar defense/HP, then Knights aren't fixed at all.

Hoping it turns out better than it reads. Just feels like most of the previous feedback for Knights has been ignored.

#42 IchiNiSan

IchiNiSan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Sin will be more OP in PvP :D.

If you have low DEF, u are dead against Sin

If you have high DEF, u are more dead against Sin :v.

#43 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

So are you saying u guys wasted time collecting info about your respective classes? :heh:

The game got so boring so they gave u guys something to do?

You're giving the VCRs too much credit. We know well how much the developers listen to all the ideas proposed on these forums.

#44 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Rangers want to be like that, too. Increased dot's damage base on DEF... :p_devil:    :pif:

Edited by samsam2610, 10 April 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#45 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

There's a lot of promise on these notes, but there's also a lot of things that need to be included along with those changes. I'm also going to hold off on commenting what needs to be added until after they do put in the changes though. I'd want to see how this affects things. It's highly possible that these notes aren't complete. We've had a long track record with the Devs where they leave out a lot of things that should be mentioned in the patch notes.

Sin will be more OP in PvP  :D.

Not if you can 1-shot them!

Edited by GuardianTK, 10 April 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#46 Sealt

Sealt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:04 PM

Remember these are not the final notes

#47 ryuujisakata

ryuujisakata

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

beastmaster 

creo que era mejor cuando el beastmaster tuviera mas defensa que hp ya que asi se estabilizaba un poco, creo que deberia mejorarze la transformacion de gritzzli ya que un oso en realidad es rapido no lento ademas de cuando hace de tanke es mas lento que todos y no puede hacer bien su trabajo, ademas de que elbeatsmaster gasta mucho sp y tiene muy poco asi que creo que deberia bajarse un poco lo que se utiliza por los skill.

eso es todo lo que tengo que decir de los beastmaster que es mi pj y el unico que uso.

#48 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sin will be more OP in PvP :D.

only the DOT's will increase its damage if they fight a high defense class. not their actual damage.

#49 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

These notes are only the tip of the iceberg.

#50 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

You're giving the VCRs too much credit. We know well how much the developers listen to all the ideas proposed on these forums.

they seemed to have listened about the SP fix

Though i dont understand how a wizard gets it and a sorc doesnt? :questionmark:

If there is any fault in any of these its the VCRs! They chose to represent.

And taking flak comes with the territory!

Edited by nashR2, 10 April 2014 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users