Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

@Lanie:

The way you post, for me, you're pretty much an analyst. Too much technical stuff we don't want to know and if i can ask something in this RO2 anniversary, is to not talk about Gravity Company for the rest of May.

Actually... I am an Analyst. That's why I know this stuff. But I'm not a Business Analyst, only an Information Analyst. Maybe someday...

As a VEP, I know you guys on the test server don't have all the events there, only the system events. We're working on some extra ones too, honestly.

#77 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:04 PM

Zanbee asked that we don't post the details of upcoming patches so I won't, but I will say that personally I am mildly pleased with the new events they put on the test server for RO2's 1 year anniversary that is coming up.

Is there anything I can try out of you guys that I can see if they fixed?  I'm only a ranger on the test server too, so for me to test other classes skill or anything would be outside what I can do, but I can try other things perhaps?  I found a couple small bugs with the new events I reported to Njoror today, but outside of class testing and wandering around by myself I haven't seen any other issues yet.

Can you test acrobatic all over dayr desert? It might not have anything to do with location, but that's where I've been for the past couple of months. and I've lost a good chunk of MP there.

#78 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Can you test acrobatic all over dayr desert? It might not have anything to do with location, but that's where I've been for the past couple of months. and I've lost a good chunk of MP there.

Ok, I can do that.  Was it the instant death thing?  or getting stuck in animation, getting stuck in animation is supposed to be fixed.

#79 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Ok, I can do that.  Was it the instant death thing?  or getting stuck in animation, getting stuck in animation is supposed to be fixed.

I have insta-died in dayr using acrobatics, when not in combat. My Ticket has been seen to and is now closed. However, I never heard if the cause of the issue had been found/fixed.

It would be awsome if you could check for remnants of this bug; and if necessary, help to troubleshoot/repair the issue. I never got stuck in animation in dayr, so I dunno about that...

Cheers!

#80 saki999

saki999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Just because they didn't does not mean that "they should have" is wrong. It just means they didn't do what they should have done.

They also may not have an actual analyst, but will at least have someone handling such a role. Whoever is handling the business analyst -level of a role is the one who is neglecting in a certain amount of research. That's obviously at least someone at Gravity, so it is clear that at least one person there is messing up, even if other people are just following orders. (I will however not explicitly blame anyone at Gravity for following orders, even if this is the result, as I know how harsh that situation can be. The people doing well following orders, those people I will simply feel sorry for.)

This issue is simply the lack of resources being put in the RO2 team. RO2 is not one of their "sure-bet" projects (anymore). The trend became obvious when they started to put less and less time on fixing the game. We had weekly fixes -> bi-weekly -> monthly -> now about 1-2 months.

They know the state of the game. Now they have some business decisions to make regarding RO2.

Edited by saki999, 18 April 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#81 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

This issue is simply the lack of resources being put in the RO2 team. RO2 is not one of their "sure-bet" projects (anymore). The trend became obvious when they started to put less and less time on fixing the game. We had weekly fixes -> bi-weekly -> monthly -> now about 1-2 months.

They know the state of the game. Now they have some business decisions to make regarding RO2.

Imo, there are less serious/annoying bugs in the recent patches by looking at the bug report threads. That's why they don't release more fixing patches....

#82 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Insta death. Like Maxscha even when not in combat I've died from acrobatic. Thanks for testing!

I have insta-died in dayr using acrobatics, when not in combat. My Ticket has been seen to and is now closed. However, I never heard if the cause of the issue had been found/fixed.

It would be awsome if you could check for remnants of this bug; and if necessary, help to troubleshoot/repair the issue. I never got stuck in animation in dayr, so I dunno about that...

Cheers!

As far as I know, hasn't been fixed. It happened to me a couple of days ago.

#83 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

Insta death. Like Maxscha even when not in combat I've died from acrobatic. Thanks for testing!

As far as I know, hasn't been fixed. It happened to me a couple of days ago.

Did you guys hit an object while doing the back flip?  Or flat on the ground?  The few times I did acrobat and died was in WoE and I hit a cliff and it killed me, gave me like 77k damage to myself.

#84 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Did you guys hit an object while doing the back flip?  Or flat on the ground?  The few times I did acrobat and died was in WoE and I hit a cliff and it killed me, gave me like 77k damage to myself.

Various scenarios, The latest was at mukas on flat ground, right around the road infront of the encampment with the kafra.

#85 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

Various scenarios, The latest was at mukas on flat ground, right around the road infront of the encampment with the kafra.

OMG haha, yeah, this bug is STILL here! Wow, screenshot time.  I tried in WoE unsuccesfully several times, against the cliff faces where I died.  When I got out to Dayr Dessert, I got down the ramp near the dogs creatures and did a back flip on flat ground and BAM!  77k damage to myself and dead!

#86 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

OMG haha, yeah, this bug is STILL here! Wow, screenshot time.  I tried in WoE unsuccesfully several times, against the cliff faces where I died.  When I got out to Dayr Dessert, I got down the ramp near the dogs creatures and did a back flip on flat ground and BAM!  77k damage to myself and dead!

Heheh, that's one of the places it happened to me too.

Edited by brotherwolf, 18 April 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#87 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:32 PM

Inside forest tomb after killing sohee seems starting an invisible count down 2-3 mins and bam 24k damage from nowere i was helping a newbie and i survived only thanks to my 25k hp can you check it if you have time?

#88 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Inside forest tomb after killing sohee seems starting an invisible count down 2-3 mins and bam 24k damage from nowere i was helping a newbie and i survived only thanks to my 25k hp can you check it if you have time?

That honestly sounds like Sehee's debuff move.

#89 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

That honestly sounds like Sehee's debuff move.

The problem is that we killed her already when that happened

#90 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:16 AM

If you got hit with her debuff before you killed her, it can still hurt you after the countdown, just like Mini and Mongi's debuff.  I got killed by them after they were dead cause I got tagged with it.

#91 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:22 AM

If you got hit with her debuff before you killed her, it can still hurt you after the countdown, just like Mini and Mongi's debuff.  I got killed by them after they were dead cause I got tagged with it.

do debuff tag was shown i'll try again on my own to better check

#92 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:08 AM

Killed her too quick.

You have to wait until the tombstone appears before killing her.

#93 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:58 AM

Killed her too quick.

that is not sehee  :p_laugh:   btw i retried and nothing happened this time

#94 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

Killed her too quick.

I knew there is a trick to not get killed by the debuff but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

Not that I want to make this topic about boss 1shot debuffs, but how do we avoid the Scalp of Death from Doestoev ? I've been told to stop all dps during its duration but somehow I sometimes still get killed by it regardless of only running around the boss while it is on (no pets, no dots).

#95 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

I knew there is a trick to not get killed by the debuff but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

Not that I want to make this topic about boss 1shot debuffs, but how do we avoid the Scalp of Death from Doestoev ? I've been told to stop all dps during its duration but somehow I sometimes still get killed by it regardless of only running around the boss while it is on (no pets, no dots).

Immediately stun+kill his add when you see it. Add's attack + debuff is what gets you.

#96 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

No, I'm very certain that it is the debuff only that kills me and the add has nothing to do with it. Nonetheless, I'll do what you said next time I have the opportunity to verify.

#97 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:24 PM

Fluke,Brotherwolf,Shinyusuke...

To me it happened same place in Dayr; outside mukas, flat ground, I hit no object/wall/cliff, not in combat...

It may have been the cause of a death in WoE once, but I couldn't tell for sure, so I made no ss/ticket that time.

Something (debuff?) in Payon got me and Jac, as per the screenshot in the bugs list 3/26, tho not Acrobatics.

Those are all the locations of insta-death of uncertain cause that I have encountered, and can recall. Cheers!

#98 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Fluke,Brotherwolf,Shinyusuke...

To me it happened same place in Dayr; outside mukas, flat ground, I hit no object/wall/cliff, not in combat...

It may have been the cause of a death in WoE once, but I couldn't tell for sure, so I made no ss/ticket that time.

Something (debuff?) in Payon got me and Jac, as per the screenshot in the bugs list 3/26, tho not Acrobatics.

Those are all the locations of insta-death of uncertain cause that I have encountered, and can recall. Cheers!

well I sent in a report and screenshots of what happened to be on the test server, so it's in their hands, it had a time stamp no it too so they can maybe go look at what I was doing and figure out what went wrong I dunno.

#99 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:06 PM

well I sent in a report and screenshots of what happened to be on the test server, so it's in their hands, it had a time stamp no it too so they can maybe go look at what I was doing and figure out what went wrong I dunno.

Thanks for that and for so much more. Cheers!

#100 captainmaverick

captainmaverick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

Actually... I am an Analyst. That's why I know this stuff. But I'm not a Business Analyst, only an Information Analyst. Maybe someday...

As a VEP, I know you guys on the test server don't have all the events there, only the system events. We're working on some extra ones too, honestly.

Haha I'm finishing up my last semester as a MIS student. I'm looking for some sort of analyst position in programming or systems analysis, but it's pretty clear to me whoever is in charge has never played the game. It's a pretty failed project.  They never took feedback from their users. Everything has been rushed. I played the original beta and the game had its flaws. It was 10 times better than it is now, but even then there were many improvements they could have made before release, but they didn't take the time to fix anything. They had originally built an entire game (Legend of the Second which I played in beta), scrapped it, and built this game on an outdated engine that gives them bugs left and right and leaves them with pretty much no way to fix them.

From what I've read they never had a test server until now, which is probably the biggest fail you could make in a video game. I keep reading "we can't use a test server because we can't use all of the data from ingame to test everything so the environment will be different." All I see is gravity being gravity. Why do you need all of the data from players to test the basic functions of the game, or test the balance of classes? Just gather a bunch of people, give them the best equipment, and let them have at it. They'll tell you what's wrong with the classes real quick, and it will be just as accurate as in the real server without having screwed people out of their time and frustrated most of the population of users. And while a test server might not find all of the bugs, it will give people the chance to sniff out the big ones and give the devs an idea of how the release will go before they update the game blind and pray it works.

Gravity you get very few opportunities to satisfy your users. If you don't take the time to iron issues out you'll only disappoint people further. It seems like it's too late for this game, but in the future you need to spend more time debugging your games, make sure everything is balanced, and get your users involved and take the time to listen to them. You may want to take more notes from successful games too. I'm not saying copy them, but be innovative. That's one of the things that made Ragnarok Online (1) so great was how it was a completely different game than anything in its time. Also, before I forget... I suggest you try making a pay to play game for once like how RO was in the beginning. Pay to win is a disaster and whoever was the first game developer to come up with such a system should be shot.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users