Revival of Oridecon/Elunium (Refinement Update) [Edited as of 01/05] - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Revival of Oridecon/Elunium (Refinement Update) [Edited as of 01/05]

63 replies to this topic

#26 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:56 AM

Your IGN: Leinzan

Your class: Rogue

What I like about this system: Higher success chances with less troublesome methods and more accesability for non paying users, while still taking into consideration different items that can go for AH and good merchandise.

What I don't like about this system: Pecos, I like Chocobos more >:|

Things I would change: There is still a concern for me in regards to this topic. Gears in this game are the Character's main power source, and hence when a new tier comes out, it will definitely be better than the previous one, no matter how much effort you put into the current gear. In fact, we change gears through our normal leveling at least 10~15 times, even more if you take into account the Raid gears.

It is lame that we only think about refining gear when we reach the current last set available, and also sort of regretably to do so since later on we might find ourselves with a new gear set, and starting over on this never ending cycle of refinement.

Hence, I think that thinking on a future possibility, there should be a «Gear Refinement Fusing» option to all this. which would merge a gear with another, and "gift" the new gear with half the the refine level of the "sacrificed" gear (a +20 gear fused into a new gear will make it go up to +10).

This way I feel that refining our current last gears is actually of some use in the case new and better gear comes out.

Another thing I have to add to this idea is that it only covers for Refinement levels, it wouldn't cover Rune Slot Opening, Runes in the slots, or Honing :v

And of course, it should only work with a refined gear and a +0 Refine Gear v:

Your thoughts on the current refinement system (Infinium/Pollinium system): Infinium is a perfect name, so fitting indeed, Infinium, from Infinity, aka, the infinity money, time and effort you have to spend in order to maybe gain something but mostlikely you end up gaining nothing.

A must have item if you ever feel like trying to refine your gear and even then we have to consider its ridiculous price for how many are needed in order to max out just one piece of gear, lets say the weapon, and strike that always so desired +20... but guess what? With the current "Atribute" system, we actually have 4 weapons! And considering our gears, we have 9 pieces to upgrade on just one single character! Great, isn't it? They should call them UNIVERSE!!

Pollinium is an item I personally would NEVER use for my personal gear, given how terrible are the penalties for a failed refine and how much of a pain in the ass it is to get a hold of an Infinium, I would of course always go for the item that gives me the greatest chances of success, a Lucky Powder or a Blessing Powder...

Pollinium then is of no use for any other thing than to sell in AH, since they can't be either destroyed or NPCed anymore (like, seriusly, wtf with that), or to try to refine some gears you find at Dayr in hopes to get into the rankings of refinement.

In other words, not for refining.

Also, Pollinium adds up real fast, having the system require no more than one per try is ridiculous... or maybe the fact that there are so many ways to get one despite how little use they are is what is ridiculous...?

Why do you think this new system would be an improvement over what we have now? I believe I expressed myself quite clearly on the 2 previous question regarding this... but still... lemme rephrase:

Price wise, time wise, effort wise, economy wise, gain and loss wise, content usefulness wise, and last but not least, planning for future wise, this idea is supperior to the current system.

I've said this many times, but I'll repeat it, the current last gear, the Osiris set, is not the last of the lasts, and there is no way to tell there will ever be a last of lasts at all... hence, refinement is something that should be flexible and accesible for anyone at any time to help them boost their current gear, and then, if a new gear comes out, pass through this process again and again without it reaching the limits of being a pain in the ass and a wallet hungry monster.

Gotta admit the idea has its share of "a pain in the ass" feel to it, but its still much more accesible and flexible an idea than what we have now.

What do you think about the Kafra Shop items? (Value, rates, would you buy them) hmm, this is a tricky one, its been quite some time since I've spend a single penny in the game... reasons? well they were kind enough to go and make this pain in the ass grinding leveling system where bag space lasts so little due to the ridiculous and pointless amount of useless gears, pots, foods and designs dropped by ALL of the monsters in both Dayr and Temple maps.

So, with enough effort, one can make zeny to buy almost anything they will ever need: VIP, Exp Boost Scrolls, Infiniums, Powders, Card Albums, Dyes, Costumes, Pecos, Panties, a Girlfriend, whatever...

It is a tad annoying to get the zeny, but its not impossible.

Of course, someone would need to buy them first with real money in order for them to be in the AH, but whether or not I would be one of those... I don't think so...

But yea, they look a lot better than the Blessed Infinium of the Lucky Failure.

Well... except for the Mining Elixir Box... like, come on D:!!

500 kp for a bundle of 10 of them and each lasts for no more than 60 minutes?! Ouch!!

Why not sell them individually for 50 kp (yea its the same but lemme be) and sell the bundle for 400 kp instead??

Or offer an Elixir that lasts for 24 play time hours just like the 20% exp scrolls for those 500 kp (its more than half a VIP!!) D:

Would you refine all of your equipment or just your weapon? Well, it would highly depend on how annoying it is... but at least I would reach the not so annoying level on my gears eventually, and try to max my weapons, after all, Im a DPS, its the Tank's job to be hit, not mine :|

Any final thoughts or questions about this system? My brain is about to burst at this point... and Im hungry... will I get cookies for all this??

Edited by Leinzan, 22 April 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#27 KayleePepper

KayleePepper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

A simpler and less intrusive proposal to the current refinement system:

an NPC that exchanges x number of Poliniums for 1 Infinium

#28 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

A simpler and less intrusive proposal to the current refinement system:

an NPC that exchanges x number of Poliniums for 1 Infinium

Then you go to that NPC only to find that the required Polinium you need to buy an Infinium is the INFINITY!!!

Either way, even if it required a stack it would seem fair :|

#29 KayleePepper

KayleePepper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

So much unused Poliniums that cannot be destroyed or sold to NPC... AH sellers are practically giving them away. 99 pcs Poliniums for 101 rupees!

#30 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

And I couldn't blame them!!

Pandora boxes are the main infractors of this, but even if they weren't giving Poliniums, the fact that there is no safe range of upgrading and that the gear piece will be destroyed on failure only makes them look even less appealing.

Everyone would obviously turn to face a better option like the Blessing Powder or the Lucky Powder.

If at least the 3 kinds could be used together :|

#31 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:59 AM

If you even consider using pollinium, you're basically saying "Here, put my weapon back to +0 please"

#32 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Well... 0 is half an infinity...

But we are deviating of the main idea D:

#33 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Well... 0 is half an infinity...

But we are deviating of the main idea D:

Indeed we are and that idea is to bring fair refining to the community. We're all tired of paying and suffering for no results. We want something more consistant and not restricted to those with the thickest wallets. Those who have dedication and work hard should be rewarded the same as those who decide to pay to save time. That's what this is really about. I worked my ass off to get where I am but now I'm being left behind by all the people who have the money to refine. I'm buyin a PC and am also saving up for school. I can't be spending hundreds of dollars on a game just to be as good as other people. I'd gladly farm all day to refine, but I can't do that with this system. All I'm gonna get doing that is get some Pollinium. So...I get a chance at refining my weapon, but at what cost? A 100% chance of watching it fail and break. Awesome. Even if everything is balanced in RO, it won't matter with this refinement. People who refuse to refine will still be helpless, nobody will want them for raids, they will die in pvp over and over, and will end up leaving because being at such a big disadvantage, in my opinion, isn't fun. It's fun in games like Dark Souls, Vindictus, and many shooters where skill plays the biggest role. It's not so fun in a "stand there and hit buttons till someone dies" kind of game like most MMOs are. Or to give an example, I love using shotguns in CoD even though SMGs are better in literally every way. I like that disadvantage I give myself because there are ways to work around it and I have fun doing that. I love people getting angry at me and blaming my weapon for being overpowered when really I'm at a disadvantage but know how to change that so things are in my favor. What I don't like is using inferior gear to try to kill someone in RO in pvp only to have them out heal my damage and then 1-shot me. My only chance of beating anyone in pvp is to find someone like myself who doesn't refine. So to sum it all up, fix the refining. You're giving paying players so much of an advantage that it's unfair to everyone else. I'd rather see refining be removed from the game and have half the population leave than to keep things the way they are now. If RO2 becomes completely balanced and introduces lots of new content, that's awesome. But if refining is still this way, I may just move on to something that doesn't punish me for simply trying to do my best and skipping the kafra shop.

#34 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

What I don't like about this system: Pecos, I like Chocobos more >:|

By the way, chocobos can kiss my feathered @$$!!! It's all about Pecos......and RO1 high priestesses...and Wanderers...and Succubus...my list is too long, i'm gonna stop it there............and High Wizards...

#35 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

By the way, chocobos can kiss my feathered @$$!!! It's all about Pecos......and RO1 high priestesses...and Wanderers...and Succubus...my list is too long, i'm gonna stop it there............and High Wizards...

.... If it were not for our bird choices, we might be great friends (choco-chicks)... yea... high wizards ftw... Alice was cute too!! And the Abyssal Knight was badass :v (Assassin Cross *drools*)

Woah the wall of text D:!!!

Can't you separate on paragraphs more often D:?!

Either way, now they are throwing freebies Infiniums, Exp Scrolls, DNA boxes, even 7 or 30 days VIPs... Im not sure what to think of this... are they THAT desperate or just feeling generous?

Leaving aside the refining method, refining now feels fishy :|

The new set might be right at the corner ready to laught at every one who went and spent all their time, effort and money on the current gear >:|

#36 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Woah the wall of text D:!!!

Can't you separate on paragraphs more often D:?!

NO!!! :)

#37 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

okay dont :v

#38 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:28 PM

+1 for RO1 icons

#39 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

+1 for RO1 icons

Finally somebody mentioned that xD

#40 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

Added Pollinium to Premium Refine cost. Premium Refine will now require increased zeny as well as Pollinium.

#41 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:00 AM

Just 1 thing this system need an in game explanation so i suggest to add also a quest in prontera that teach how it work.

#42 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

What happens to items if you fail refinement without kp items (hammers/anvils)? Downgrade by 1? Item breaks? 

I can't seem to find any mention of this in the suggestion...  :hmm:

#43 Jirosama

Jirosama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

If I could get those who responded already and those who will respond to this in the future to fill out the questionaire at the bottom I would greatly appreciate it. We need a simple, consistant template to send to development so they can easily read and understand what is wrong with how they are doing things and what needs to be changed. I really appreciate the lengths some of you go to get your opinion across, but I don't think the devs are gonna sit down and read paragraph after paragraph. Yes of course you can write as much as you want, but they're going to be looking for short, simple answers. So if you could add the questionaire to the bottom of your post, you'd be helping us out so much :)

I like this one.

#44 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

What happens to items if you fail refinement without kp items (hammers/anvils)? Downgrade by 1? Item breaks? 

I can't seem to find any mention of this in the suggestion...  :hmm:

Fixed it!

#45 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

*Added a safe refine cap and added breaking protection to Hollgrenn's Hammer.

#46 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

Normal refinement has a "safe refine" up to +5 and Premium Refine has a "safe refine" up to +10. Above that, your equipment will have a chance to break upon failure. This can be countered by using Hollgrenn's Hammer or using a large amount of Pollinium.

What happens when the refine fails in the safe refine zone without kp? Downgrade by 1?

Sorry if this is stupid questions. I just want to understand clearly  :p_laugh:

Edited by Lyrella, 01 May 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#47 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

What happens when the refine fails in the safe refine zone without kp? Downgrade by 1?

Sorry if this is stupid questions. I just want to understand clearly  :p_laugh:

Safe refine means if it fails, nothing happens. It stays where it is.

*Added Alchemist/Blacksmith services

Edited by Tiduspeco, 01 May 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#48 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

*Added a safe refine cap and added breaking protection to Hollgrenn's Hammer.

Nice move the protection up to +5 and up to +10 out of 20 levels is a good way to make people learn how to refine without troubles and once they are "addicted", they are enticed to go furter and buy protection item :p_angel:

I like the idea  :p_devil:

#49 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:19 PM

Hmm, question: Can I use the Hollgrehenn's Hammer to fight people instead? I don't need +20 gears when I can do: "Every time you attack the enemy, small chance to destroy their weapon or armor by 10%:p_devil:  :p_devil: 

#50 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hmm, question: Can I use the Hollgrehenn's Hammer to fight people instead? I don't need +20 gears when I can do: "Every time you attack the enemy, small chance to destroy their weapon or armor by 10%:p_devil:  :p_devil: 

No you can't......but I can ;)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users