Patch Notes 4/23: Stat Balance, Anniversary, and Kafra Update - Page 6 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 4/23: Stat Balance, Anniversary, and Kafra Update

317 replies to this topic

#126 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

People wanted hit fixed, without acknowledging that insta kill skills and such become much more common to land. Careful what you wish for I guess.

You forgot the part where they lowered our HP and raised some classes DAMAGE(altho SM lost =.=)

#127 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

With Critical lowered for every class now, one hit kills should be less frequent.

#128 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:22 AM

Broken how? The skills that were broken stood out even with bad hit rate.

I said broken not bugged a too OP skill need to be considered broken, It's hard to check a broken skill or a skil not working as intended if only 1/3 of the classes of the game can hit O_o

#129 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:25 AM

I said broken not bugged a too OP skill need to be considered broken, It's hard to check a broken skill or a skil not working as intended if only 1/3 of the classes of the game can hit O_o

Point semi-taken, however, most of the VCR's are already treating OP skills as broken.  Read the reports, take our Impact Arrow for example, we know the slow reduction is OP, it's on our to be fixed list.

#130 Reira

Reira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

C. Set Effects

i. New Set Effects

1. Steel's Will (until 6/4)

Items: Steel's Will and Nerd Glasses

-Condition: Equipping the two items will give a 2% increase in Vitality, Acceleration, and Crit and a 4% increase in Accuracy

Nooooo! does this means munil will have nerd glasses on her exchange list? :p_cry: and OMG! new op set needs both hat and costume....  :wah:

but... yay new costumes! :p_love: N>more storage space :p_ang:

#131 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:30 AM

Nooooo! does this means munil will have nerd glasses on her exchange list? :p_cry: and OMG! new op set needs both hat and costume....  :wah:

Steels will looks so legit.

#132 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

Munil's Nerd Glasses don't have the set effects.

#133 6319130825203718973

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:37 AM

kafratradein.jpg

I think in line 3 it's meant to be Broken Piece Y....caused me a little confusion at first :D

#134 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:48 AM

You would rather all classes be forced to use AGI and only AGI?  Because that is what the game is right now.  With Stat changes it gives birth to different stat builds, different options and different play styles.  The same is going to happen when the skills are changed.

As I've said so many times already.... I doubt that shifting Hit boni from one stat to another would solve the problem. F.e. Honing bonuses stay untouched and might even get worse.

Just take a look at all the other games out there.... how many games do you know where classes get different stat boni?

That's why I prefer a more thoughtful change. Hit chances could just get stupidly low. So why was there a cap f 50% for parry and crit. chance, but not for Hit-&-Dodge? A simple change would have been:

HvD = Hit - Dodge

Hit_chance = 75 + ( HvD / ( 0.04 * abs[HvD] + some_scaling ) )

The result would have been a minimum hit chance of 50% and a maximum of 100%, depending on whether or not Hit > Dodge or vice versa. Both extremes would be very unlikely.

But there are enough different options as well. F.e. simply assume that PATK or MATK would give a percentual bonus to the weapon damage, not a fixed one.

Currently: 1 STR = 2~3 PATK = 0.19~0.285 more damage (that's 0.095 * PATK)

Changed: 1 STR = 2~3 PATK = +X% more weapon damage

In that way, the weapon damage would get amplified OR in other words: STR as an additional skill multiplier, changing a 250% Warrior Bash into a (250+100)% attack instead (just a random number).

You could then balance stats more easily. Also with some random numbers:

100 STR = +1% damage

100 AGI = +1% hit chance

100 VIT = +1% hitpoints

100 STR = +2% parry

100 AGI = +1% dodge

100 VIT = +1% defense or healing effectiveness

Then you could judge for yourself, whether or not 1% more damage would be weaker than a 1% higher hit chance... or if a 2% chance for half damage is better or worse than 1% better chances to avoid it completely. And you could do other things. like:

100 STR = +1% SP cost for physical skills

100 INT = +1% SP cost for magical skills

... what would make the SP cost 'level-dependant', because your level usually defines the STR or INT values. Then, a fireball casted by a level 10 Mage would have a lower SP cost than the same one casted by a level 50 Wizard.

What the current changes do isn't to allow for different stat builds, but to force each class into a different stat builds, just because they get an inbalanced bonus. You could give Warriors a fixed HP value or a fixed SP bonus and skip the stats completely becausenoone would spend a point there. So it's not a stat fix, it's making more stats useless and inbalanced to choose one.... but at least, it will be different stats depending on your class.

Edited by Greven79, 23 April 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#135 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:57 AM

With Critical lowered for every class now, one hit kills should be less frequent.

It decreases a 30% chance into a 17% chance.... or a 37.5% chance into a 25% chance. So the frequency might get as low as someone could expect it to be. Having a insta-kill on every 4th or 5th strike rather than on every 3rd will hardly make any difference, because weapon damage and hit chance get increased instead.

#136 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

It decreases a 30% chance into a 17% chance.... or a 37.5% chance into a 25% chance. So the frequency might get as low as someone could expect it to be. Having a insta-kill on every 4th or 5th strike rather than on every 3rd will hardly make any difference, because weapon damage and hit chance get increased instead.

Chances to deal critical strike = Tad lower, BUT they're increasing dmg on couple classes(Which btw does enormous Critical dmg if wanted(especially Knights and Monks(lol they want ppl to go Monk)))

:sob: 17% critical dmg :sob: I might just go 1000INT just to make my Critical dmg high enough so that the difference is just so low (lol) and use every "Lovely" crit buffs available :<

#137 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

Opening a bit early, please report anything unexpected so we can resolve problems early.

#138 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

*going to poke some monsters' eyes*

#139 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Opening a bit early, please report anything unexpected so we can resolve problems early.

SUPER PATCHER DOWNLOAD MOMENT!

btw. lol 

Edit : Hi Heim it's been awhile! (Last time when Honing fiasco) :pif:

Edit 2: First time SUPER PATCHER IS SUPER!? D: *Logging in*

Edited by PandeeChio, 23 April 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#140 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

So change everyone stats then force them to pay money to be viable?

DIdn't you guys say that stat and skill resets would be given when you change stuff so much like this

Edited by Baddiez, 23 April 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#141 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:23 AM

oooo it's wednesday already?

new naruto!

#142 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:26 AM

Vigor didnt get nerfed, it was removed from some armor pieces... still have 39.23% tho :v

#143 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Scratch that, Poring Coins ARE in game still.

Edited by flukeSG2, 23 April 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#144 Miguelhuntter

Miguelhuntter

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

Phantom Stones from Angelica cost 1 Anniversary Coin but at the Kafra, the same Phantom Stone costs 8 Anniversary Coins.

Broken Piece ANNI is pulling double duty as itself and what is supposed to be the Broken Y piece.  We have to collect twice as many ANNI pieces because we have to trade that piece in not only for the A-Coin, but to make the Broken R_ARY piece as well.

I like the general balance and event (but hate that i forgot to trade in my bunnies T-T).

The NPCs don't use A-coins, use A-tokens, from daily quests, so that is right.

My only suggestion to the Devs, Knight should get more def points than beastmaster in Vit status, at least 2, otherwise it will be pointless to call beastmaster secondary anker... IMHO ofcourse!

o/

#145 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

SUPER DUPER UPDATE TIME! <3

Fully geared Warrior in Osiris = 25% Crit rate from 31% why? Be cause they added Critical stats to dif gears <3

#146 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

Secondary stats on gear have been completely changed, Vigor has been replaced with cast speed on 2 pieces and now I have PARRY on shoes and chest, resulting in my vigor rate passing from 40% to 25% and my cast speed being the same for some unknown cause. Redseed runes are useless on most of my gears and my stat build has no use anymore. Still, stat reset scrolls were not given to us. Wow.

#147 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

I like the general balance and event (but hate that i forgot to trade in my bunnies T-T).

The NPCs don't use A-coins, use A-tokens, from daily quests, so that is right.

My only suggestion to the Devs, Knight should get more def points than beastmaster in Vit status, at least 2, otherwise it will be pointless to call beastmaster secondary anker... IMHO ofcourse!

o/

There are two event coins right now, Poring Coins to use at Angelica NPC and A-Coins to use at Kafra NPC's.

#148 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

Goodbye my sorc now.... low dodge low def low cast speed and vigor than before (25%) now T_T

Edited by aoi911, 23 April 2014 - 06:08 AM.

#149 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Wait wait wait bunnyes still works right? D:

#150 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:10 AM

Well, about crecentia. I don't believe its 6 Magic Attack per Int because on what I see on the spreadsheet before it is supposed to be 2 Magic Attack and I asked them if them forgot about Ignition skills which will double it. It is supposed to be 4 Magic Attack Only which is before this Patch is 5 Magic Attack. Its either they changed it to 6 or typo'ed it and supposed to be 4 Magic attack only.

About crecentia being OP? LOL Have fun getting this stats.
Gloves:

Spoiler

Boots
Spoiler

Nerf Quetz pls.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users