#1 Cherrin

Cherrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

How do you beat your F6?

Just recently I was in this amazing party and we won every F6 with at least 35% on our stone. We used the "stay at stone" method except one person went to kill the stage-bosses and stayed far on the side the mobs were coming in. We fought the final boss away from the stone.
The party I joined after that believed in the "kill all before they get to your stone!"

This is kind of a rant, because no matter how hard you try, this doesn't work. It might work for the first wave, but oh wait, you have cooldowns. GG.

At one point, a person in my party said "just kill them before they get to stone" ... however there would always be not one, not two, but a huge mob that strayed coming for the stone. So of course I would have to go and defend it. Let's be real guys; it's a pain in the ass fighting 10 monsters at once while getting staggered by their attacks every millisecond. We ended up losing.

What is your best method?

#2 VanFanel

VanFanel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:46 PM

The stay at stone is the best method for a couple of reasons. One, you won't let any mobs slip pass you because you're already at the stone and that's where they're headed. Two, you will hit the highest number of mobs because they will all be closer together than when they first spawn (99% of the time). And three, why do more work than you have too?

Edited by VanFanel, 05 November 2010 - 06:46 PM.

#3 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:03 PM

How are you guys failing the stay at stone method? Three people should be out fighting and one stays at home just in case anything comes near the stone. It also pays to hit stragglers with an attack that stops them. Sometimes I'll do knockdown attacks on monsters knowing I can't combo it in a chain, but protecting the stone is most important. And if that many monsters are getting through the "first strikers", they actually suck and aren't doing a good job. Time for a switch. Most people are selfish in F6 and don't want to stay at the stone. I DON'T CARE. I'll stay at the darn stone if it means completing F6.

F6 tips...
-Don't wait for the monsters. Attack as soon as they spawn.
-Don't jump into a mob. You'll be killed by the "flinch stun-lock". Yes. Enemies have one too, lol.
-Get close to mobs and spam a couple knockdown attacks if they reach the stone. This will stop them from raping the stone.
-Try to attack the mobs right outside their range. This helps you to not get hit and interrupted.
-Think on your feet. Analyze your team. If someone is lacking, try to support them. You are a team. So don't be afraid to pick up some slack.
-Be prepared to solo it if need be. People will die/lag out sometimes.
-If all else fails, let the stone be destroyed and don't risk dieing and losing EXP.

I rarely lose on F6's.

Edited by chaosdragoon1, 05 November 2010 - 07:06 PM.

#4 sakubomb

sakubomb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:06 PM

I could handle Artis and Night Lord F6 myself at the respective levels for those maps. Since I'm a bandit I wait for the monsters to get near the stone in a neat little group and use Final Decision. Any monsters left over would get hit with Upper Screwdriver. That would do the job for the most part. If there were any strays I could usually hit them with Rocket Punch, get them stunned and take care of them with time for cooldown in between mob spawn.
However, I can't seem to do that with Bahamole F6, which leaves me in my rut for level 38. = 3 =

#5 Igami

Igami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Assuming you're doing a party of 4, my friends and I run 2 to a side to start.

If one side is getting heavy spawn, we do 3 to a side, 1 rear guard.

If both sides are relatively even, then we just stay 2-2 and whoever has the fastest reaction time picks up our slack at the stone.

Always do 4 to a side against mini boss, then break off 2-2.

Fight bonus stage boss off to the side after clearing boss mobs.

But in all honesty, it's all about the situation. I think F6 is incredibly easy so I just do whatever the hell I want to during the run, otherwise I get bored.

#6 VanFanel

VanFanel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

Whats with people and rushing to the mob spawn? Its so much easier and more efficient to just wait at the stone and kill them in one combo.

#7 silverogre

silverogre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

It's goes for who is in your team.

Thief (rogue): Corner
Thief (assassin): tower
Mage (both): Corner
Warrior (both): Tower
Archer (both): backUp Weak side (corner or tower)

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

Me well with 2 level 51+ Myrmidons we can camp at both spawns with wyvern blade+storm blade. It's usually me and my bro Bullie so we can take em out easily. Usually we have Dynamo or some other guildies that can assist in the spawn camping. We have 1 person stay behind at stone for safety purposes.

#9 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Me well with 2 level 51+ Myrmidons we can camp at both spawns with wyvern blade+storm blade. It's usually me and my bro Bullie so we can take em out easily. Usually we have Dynamo or some other guildies that can assist in the spawn camping. We have 1 person stay behind at stone for safety purposes.

2 lvl 51 myrms? You know you're bragging, lol. That is overkill. 1 lvl 51 myrm is enough pure ownage for most thing at it's own lvl.

Side note: I'm want to join your guild. Which one is it? I'm a lvl 53 myrm/active player.

#10 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

I don't think one method can apply to every situation. I usually just call it as I see it. It just takes practice as you level up and by the time you're at Arkah you'll probably be good enough to maintain 100%.

If you're at Alvida I can understand, hers is so obnoxious D:

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

2 lvl 51 myrms? You know you're bragging, lol. That is overkill. 1 lvl 51 myrm is enough pure ownage for most thing at it's own lvl.

Side note: I'm want to join your guild. Which one is it? I'm a lvl 53 myrm/active player.

It's the guild Hero. You fit the requirements just wisper Bullie in game.

Also 2 is overkill. But I don't lead the parties I just join em.

#12 xco0olyx

xco0olyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

My method for F6 is having one person on each side, kill the mobs and the 2 on the inside to kill the leftovers. Finish the F6 with like 95% on the stone most of the time lol. Only reason the stone gets hit is because the boss sometimes moves over and hit it with it's AoE dmg. I'm a lvl 53 myrmi and i have a friend who is a 53 warmage. We can solo a F6 pytha lol. I think we can go to a stronger mission map lol.

#13 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:28 AM

Tips to beat f6 by using a monk/priest:
Try to cast spark rock at the spawn place of the monsters before it spawn; use cast acceleration; it should kill all the monsters showing up (if you solo), for the next round as spark rock has CD of 10+ seconds you have to kill the monster with rain of fir+double shot, if there are too many monsters in the middle area, try to use meteor fall to knock them down..

Edited by anmd, 06 November 2010 - 03:28 AM.

#14 wardrive

wardrive

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:48 AM

my method is being a wm.

#15 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:33 AM

F6 is not hard at all. You just need to have two mobbers (everyone is now so w/e) on each side and two people near the crystal, only one if it's a sin. Running to a mini boss that drops a ring is no excuse. You should most certainly have enough time to get back to your positions.

#16 FlavaSlam

FlavaSlam

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

My method for F6 is having one person on each side, kill the mobs and the 2 on the inside to kill the leftovers. Finish the F6 with like 95% on the stone most of the time lol. Only reason the stone gets hit is because the boss sometimes moves over and hit it with it's AoE dmg. I'm a lvl 53 myrmi and i have a friend who is a 53 warmage. We can solo a F6 pytha lol. I think we can go to a stronger mission map lol.

Dude I'm 54 now. We can do f6 Arkah now....which is good since I need to get my 54 set...
n_n
w00t first post...

#17 Cherrin

Cherrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

F6 is not hard at all. You just need to have two mobbers (everyone is now so w/e) on each side and two people near the crystal, only one if it's a sin. Running to a mini boss that drops a ring is no excuse. You should most certainly have enough time to get back to your positions.

I agree, however sometimes the monsters just walk past you like you don't exist. Sometimes 2 waves come right after another. It doesn't even matter how many AoEs you have; some will get past you.

Oh yeah, the F6s I do are around my level, so of course the difficulty level will be a bit higher than if you did one 10 levels lower. Meaning, killing the monsters still takes a bit of time.

Edited by Cherrin, 06 November 2010 - 09:23 AM.

#18 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

I agree, however sometimes the monsters just walk past you like you don't exist. Sometimes 2 waves come right after another. It doesn't even matter how many AoEs you have; some will get past you.

Oh yeah, the F6s I do are around my level, so of course the difficulty level will be a bit higher than if you did one 10 levels lower. Meaning, killing the monsters still takes a bit of time.

Who in the world would do an F6 10 lvls lower than their current lvl at 40+?

Except for nearly capped characters, 60 and up.

Edited by chaosdragoon1, 06 November 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#19 Cherrin

Cherrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

Who in the world would do an F6 10 lvls lower than their current lvl at 40+?

Except for nearly capped characters, 60 and up.

Since someone in the thread brought up Alvida, and I'm way past her.

#20 xco0olyx

xco0olyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:52 AM

Also you have time to wait for your cooldowns to be done because some monsters can't be hit until they start moving. I calculate my skills to how long the skill will actually hit them like my death bound and when they will move. WyvernBlade hits goes into effect instantly while magnum break and death bound, you have to wait for the animation to finish.

#21 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

Also you have time to wait for your cooldowns to be done because some monsters can't be hit until they start moving. I calculate my skills to how long the skill will actually hit them like my death bound and when they will move. WyvernBlade hits goes into effect instantly while magnum break and death bound, you have to wait for the animation to finish.

You still use magnum break? Are you using it because the bro's don't launch like they use to?

#22 xco0olyx

xco0olyx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

You still use magnum break? Are you using it because the bro's don't launch like they use to?

Magnum break is for emergency. In case my teammate leak a few then i use Magnum break. Mostly I Use WyvernBlade, DeathBound and StormBlade. The rest of the skills are used to kill the leftovers that i miss.

#23 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Stand at spawn, vyvern blade usually kills all 10 of em. If not then let them fall and finish stragglers with bro skills.

If vyvern blade is still in cooldown then death bound + storm blade. usually kills em or leaves em with very little hp left.

Rising storm I only seem to use on boss or when i have to stand by orb and protect.

#24 LinkKirby

LinkKirby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

I prefer to do it with 2 people assigned to each side, standing at the center. If mobs spawn on your side you run out to greet them, kill them and then move back to the crystal. If nothing spawns on your side then you just stand next to the crystal and wait, picking off any stragglers.

As a Monk, my Spark Rock is insta-death to a whole wave, but due to cooldown it only works on every other wave so me and my partner alternate cooldowns. Being able to move while shooting helps when chasing down anything that gets past us.

#25 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

Stand at spawn, vyvern blade usually kills all 10 of em. If not then let them fall and finish stragglers with bro skills.

If vyvern blade is still in cooldown then death bound + storm blade. usually kills em or leaves em with very little hp left.

Rising storm I only seem to use on boss or when i have to stand by orb and protect.

That's cool. Mine is a little different.

Like you I start with Wyvern blade, then use Wrath(lvl 3). Then I'll use bros. with both at lvl 3, both hit grounded and one actually sweeps enemies off their feet enough for me to launch with stormblade. Sometimes I'll use Gust because of it's range and knockdown. Then Deathbound and Wrath/or Stormblade. Rarely I'll have to use sword dance if the other side has let some through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users