Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 5/6 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 5/6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

Aloha folks! This is the place to ask questions for us to answer during our Tiki Tuesday live broadcast at 3pm this next tuesday! Questions about the game, behind the scenes, what it’s like to work in the games industry or just what our favorite stuff with are questions we’d be happy to answer! Check out previous threads if you think that your question may have been answered before too!

star-wars-concept-art-17
With the “May the 4th” celebration going on, I thought it would be fitting to share some stuff from the Galaxy’s favorite watering hole: Chalmun’s Spaceport Cantina (and of course take advantage of a deliciously cheeseball pun)! I’d be remiss if I didn’t give some info about the most famous exotic bar of all time! More people have seen this establishment than any other bar I’ve featured in this series.
250px-TFTMEC_Cover

Established by Wookie Proprieter Chalmun in the Tatooine port city of Mos Eisley, it was at the center of the “hive of scum and villany”. With surly bartenders and seedy clientele, it wasn’t exactly the model drinking establishment but was still an essential place if you were looking for illicit deals, less-than-legal transport to other systems or just listening to some great music. Not much in the way of decor, unless you count the droid detector near the entryway.

During the quarantine of the system around Life Day, night bartender Ackmena serenaded patrons with a powerful song: “Goodnight but not goodbye”

The playlist for this week (which you should be listening to while we broadcast!) is a mix of many different versions of the Cantina Band song.

Mos Eisley Sunset
My first custom tiki cocktail! Based on the Halekulani Cocktail and the Tatooine Sunset here.

1oz Orange Juice
Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lime
1/2 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
1 1/2 oz bourbon
1 dash Angostura bitters
1/2 oz grenadine

Combine all ingredients except for the grenadine with a double old fashioned glass worth of ice cubes (about 6-8) in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds. Pour all into the double old fashioned glass. Finish by slowly pouring the grenadine into the glass. If done right, you get a cool tequila sunrise style fade from orange to red.

Mos Eisley Sunset

As a special bonus, as much as I love “Mad about Me” by Figrin D’An and the Modal Notes (the Cantina Band) “Lapti Nek” by Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo band will always be my favorite Huttese Disco song.

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

May the 4th be with you too.

Oda/Camp, ever thought of adding Star Wars-themed headgears into the game? Like, R2 hat, 3P0 mask, Vader mask, Chewy hair, Leia ribbon (or whatever it is).

Also, can't wait for the costume'd gears~

Yes, we have thought of it and would probably like to do this in the future.

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:24 PM

All these are for Renewal ^_^

First off, the new KP Shop headgears are wonderful. Thank you! We need MOAR, and perhaps a costume Captain's Hat (jRO has the data, so pester their heads off for it @_@).

Next, status update on WoE:TE and Glast Memorial please! Have you received any more update data? Will we be seeing an advertising package rolled out later this month?

We're waiting on test data and clients, but we are starting to roll out preview info for the new stuff. 

Status update on your alluded "alternative to Gramps" if possible please! The forums have been hot with discussion lately. Put it all to rest and tell us what you're thinking.

We are working on quest NPCs that would be giving comperable levels of rewards to leveling on the map itself. 

Would it be possible to consider implementation of the "coin" system jRO implemented to sidestep BG-reliance, where killing MVPs, running ET, performing well in WoE and using Kafra services gave you coins exchangeable for KvM gears? I absolutely adore BG and know a few other players who also love it, but our server doesn't have the population for it to be sustainable, or at times even remotely enjoyable. Of course, we could still keep BG for the usual medal farming shenanigans and incentive to PvP beyond trolololololling. All it takes is a few additions to the drop tables and a trade-in NPC, as the Kafra Credit script should still be buried somewhere..

Its something we could ask kRO about, though if it's a custom jRO change it may be more difficult to request.

Would you ever consider a BG option where all entrants (upon entering with 0 weight, storage npc adjacent to the warper) would be forcibly equipped with class-standard gears, given consumables and sent into battle on even grounds? A battle mode based entirely on skill, sorted by level (80-89, 90-99, 100-109 etc.) would be an amazing implementation.

We have requested more maps for the BGs for overflow. Standard gear restrictions would be interesting, sounds like it's on the same lines as WoE TE.

Wave Mode Dungeon! Yet another interesting update yet to be received that would significantly extend the life of 150 characters outside of WoE and a few samey instances. Can we please request that?

That should already be in the pipeline.

Would it be possible to improve EXP bonuses for duo and trio parties? We need more incentive to party up, as MANY MANY MANY people opt to solo rather than share their precious EXP with potential party recruits.

Can you pleeeeeeeease pester kRO for an update to the Forge List? I know they don't consider this a priority, or even register forging as being a feature of RO anymore, but Smiths can still do it, it's very fun to make your own weapons, it's possible to expand it to the KP Shop with special anvils and Smith-only ores to make such an implementation worth the effort of coding and testing, and I play a Smith therefore super biased yay for me :v

We have requested this for classic, if we are able to do it there we would try to get it for renewal as well. 

Would you guys be able to do a community quest creation event, in a similar vein to the old create-a-headgear events? So many people have wonderful ideas but no real incentive to send you anything, and many people I've discussed this with are EXTREMELY disillusioned with you guys, and don't think you'd even bother reading or commenting on what they'd write. We'd like templates so we know how to design them as well.

It's something that we do have in a limited way with the RO raconteurs but on renewal it is much more difficult on renewal now, there's much more approval needed on Renewal quests. We do appreciate fan written quests, many of our custom quests were written by the community.

And that's it :v

There's probably going to be more too!

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#4 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

Question for Renewal

kind of a glass half full / half empty Q

Would it be possible to add a Kafra Employee ( Storage only ) in the Prontera PvP Inn? or all PvP Inns? like what you have done with the Kafra lady / Employee in Eden Group 2F.

Prontera Current Kafra Employee Save/Storage Points

2n8mnba.jpg

Edited by PIayboy, 04 May 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

2n8mnba.jpg

Job Agency? Beginner's Training in Prontera?

God that takes me back.

#6 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

Your character is supposed to transform into Atroce when the Atk bonus of Fidelity Necklace + Black Shiba Inu Hat procs. Why is the transformation not implemented?

Is it possible to update the effects of these items to affect Mora and Dicastes monsters?

Manuk's Faith (MAtk +10% vs Manuk monsters)
Manuk's Opportunity (Atk +10% vs Manuk monsters)
Manuk's Courage (10% damage reduction from Manuk monsters)
Cornus' Tears (MAtk +10% vs Splendide monsters)
Pinguicula's Fruit Jam (Atk +10% vs Splendide monsters)
Luciola's Honey Jam (10% damage reduction from Splendide monsters)

#7 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 09:02 AM

Why are certain pet tames exclusive to hosted events? A lot of players can never get a hand on these, some events happen at random / conflictive timezones. Could you ask for monsters to drop their corresponding pet tame, just like Succubus drops Boy's Pure Heart at 0,01% rate? At least so people can actually HUNT for them.

Asked before but I suppose I'd insist since you implemented the costume gothic heartwing band, could you get this headgear to be delivered to us? http://www.divine-pr...wing-hairband-1 please <3

Edit: Anything new about updating god pieces drop rate? it's ridiculous, you can ask any guild leader in renewal.

Unfortunately the monster drops are dictated by kRO, if there aren't ingame events in your time zone and you (or someone you know) can volunteer to run events.

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

So what's the timeline on getting the rest of the updates we're missing from kRO? If our contract states we have to be 6 months behind them, then we should be getting the Rebellion update by at least this July (but we aren't). Are we ever going to be caught up in updates according to iRO's contract or are we doomed to remain several years behind kRO?

Also, Kiri.to is still censored. What's with the SAO hate?

We're pushing hard to get the updates as soon as we can. Unfortunately the contract means that we can't request anything that kRO got within 6 months, and that for them it means that we can be more than 6 months behind. We are trying to close this gap. 

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#9 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

RO things:

there should be a new value added service added, a LOT of people have more than 9 characters on their account, i know personally i have 12, one of which is a second blacksmith i never want to level since i already have two gene's and a 99MS. Bringing me to my suggestion of a new value added service: character reset to 1/1 novice. With WOE:TE coming and a LOT of very good account bound items, people are going to want to make new characters and, like in my case i cannot delete that blacksmith and use the character slot because a new character cannot be made until you have 8 characters on your account. Only other option is a character transfer to your account which is expensive. A new value added service to reset a character to a 1/1 novice should be added. Should i open a thread to discuss this? I already submitted a ticket.

Secondly when can we expect another upgrade event? With all the new FAW's on the market i'm sure people would really like it. scratch that! i see its in this week, thank you :)

lastly any update on old payon? i want old payon!

We'll be trying to bring that back with the Anniversary!

non RO stuff:

have you ever been recognized irl by players? What happened? Did you act like you didn't know what they where talking about? Did they take a picture with you? Did they bug you for items? lol

Haven't yet.

Please open a RO shop, i want a gravity coffee cup (not a warp portal one, i'm a old player i want a gravity one with the old logo!). T-shirts, mousepads, stickers, buttons, ect. Should be easy in LA to find a local place to make these things, and shipping is easy.. force a intern to do it! 

We may have shirts/some merch available around USRC time...

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#10 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

RO things:

Bringing me to my suggestion of a new value added service: character reset to 1/1 novice. With WOE:TE coming and a LOT of very good account bound items, people are going to want to make new characters and, like in my case i cannot delete that blacksmith and use the character slot because a new character cannot be made until you have 8 characters on your account.

#11 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

A box like the Name Change or Character Position in the Kafra Shop would be be nice for 1/1 Novice Reset idea.

#12 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

Is there going to be any accessories for "homuns" anytime soon or in the near future?

#13 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

Let me try asking these on here:

Oda, I know "we" the community, have asked about a 2nd Server being added back, putting at least the Low, & possibly the Mid TI, on it. This is the first time I say anything said was on last weeks maintenance thread. What did you mean by "alternatives"? Are you guys considering adding a Server back?

It would not be expanding the TI system, but rather looking at the old "on-map" turn ins.

When are we getting any kRO scripts to update any gear at all? BDM's, etc...

We should be receiving script updates with WoE TE

When are you guys going to update the Alora Box Costumes? It's been about 8 months or more.

We haven't received enough new costume gears with regular item versions to update the Alora box.

Is there going to be anything done to compensate us for the server problems during the two weeks of the EXP Event?

Thanks

#14 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:14 AM

Oda Could u make ET more more interesting? like MVP changes or so.

We have a new month so we get this Time a Uprade Event?

Could you put FAW in Boxes Back? for 1 Week or so

Can we get a NPC who is exchanging MVP loot(normal mvps) into Eden Marks?

Edited by AIternis, 06 May 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#15 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

Can you bring Rebellion fast? *-* :p_omg:

(Before level cap update for example)

When Gold Scaraba card will be available?

Edited by Hissis, 06 May 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

What is your favorite Kaiju movie? are you you excited for the new Godzilla movie?

RO related: when is the next event quest? 4th of july? or do we have to wait til a back to school event? (summer is kinda lacking in holidays)

Edited by Facekiller, 06 May 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#17 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 06 May 2014 - 11:35 AM

What is your favorite Kaiju movie? are you you excited for the new Godzilla movie?

RO related: when is the next event quest? 4th of july? or do we have to wait til a back to school event? (summer is kinda lacking in holidays)

Answering Facekiller- I don't see ANY activity in raconteur lounge so my assumption is our next event quest will be a re-used one or from kRO. Or there was maybe one sent via another form to GM's.

Question: Will BB's, BMX3, and certs be given a break from the groove packs/lucky boxes for a bit longer? They were really overused in the boxes the last few months. Their prices dropped so low.

Also: Do you think it would be possible to re-add a use for ashes of darkness from Endless tower? Perhaps make them tradeable into Eden Merit Badges?

#18 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

What new, if any, updates do you foresee coming in this 2014 year?

WoE TE/Glastheim, Hero's trail part 1 should be this year and we are pushing hard to get Rebellion. 

#19 Moogle

Moogle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hey when is the warp portal bug gonna get fixed?  The bug is when you put a warp portal down, the warp portal shows up on the warper but when you switch over to your other character, the warp portal dont show up or does not warp you.  Also, can you guys reduce 23 hour cooldown to 20 hours instead?  The extra cooldown bug makes every 23hr quest 24 hours which makes questing later and later each day.  Thanks for the black bunny band rate change you guys!!!  The 3 hour less cooldown wont be game breaking.  Can we get a Megaman hat!?!?!

We could probably reduce it to 22 hours. 

BTW Campitor:  Are you a ninja!!!  (Naruto pun:  Kakashi's mask reference!!!)

Kakashi_Hatake_HD_2.png

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#20 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

what is that smell?

Can we have some PVP tournaments on Classic?

If a community member organizes one, would the staff be willing to referee it?

Yes we can set something up, weekends would be difficult since we're out of the office but if there's enough advance warning we could still adjust our schedules. 

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#21 Juenmah1

Juenmah1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationU.S.A New York
  • Server:Renewals Classic

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

are there new pet tames we can get with monster drops

#22 Din85

Din85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

Can we get an ETA on the rebel class?

Also there is a Jedi class on alternate servers. Is it possible that Jedi classes can be added to IRO?

Edited by Din85, 06 May 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#23 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Is godporing coming back also how comes we have the nightmare scaraba map and npcs yet no monsters in it yet?

We will investigate. 

Edited by Oda, 06 May 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#24 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

Can I get a special item for my 11th year on iRO?! :D

#25 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

*applause for Campitor's song* xD Our CMs are awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users