• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 TheTerminator

TheTerminator

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

I read the Assassin Build thread,but since the stat balance patch has now come out,i want to know if there is any change in this build and i wanted know where the Assassins stand in Terms of DPS after the Balance Patch.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by TheTerminator, 05 May 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#2 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

Well, nothing really changed that much really in terms of skill build.

Max (or increase to 6-7) your Grimtooth.

Max your DPS tools: Double Attack, Shadow Strike and Shadow Explosion. And yes. NO DEADLY BLOW.

Max Shadow Armor for 5 seconds invulnerability.

Shadow Claw should be maxed also for an extra nice 5% of critical (sins have the highest AGI, and possibly the highest critical rate and increased even further with Shadow Claw, making sins excel in critical rate rather than raw physical strength).

#3 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

A viable alternative could be to ignore Shadow Claw altogether.

Even if it gives you a flat 5% Crit, sins already have a pretty good Crit rate by gears alone, and you can always focus your honing on Crit for more.

That gives you 5 extra points to live with, but its up to you xP

#4 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

Yeap I agree. Either max it or not get it at all. TBH sins SP is not really that problematic imo. Poisoning Weapon is worthless, Shadow Fiend is not viable too since your main power DPS is explosion.

5 SP, you can add it to AoE for kiting purpose.

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Well,thanks for the input.What about the stat build,what ratio of STR/AGI should i aim for? I am assuming that VIT and WIS is useless.

Also,where do we stand in terms of DPS after the patch?

#6 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

This is what I use. And it's good so far. You can take 3 points from Shadow Armor if you really want to max Shadow Fang but... It's still pretty meh in terms of Damage and a well timed Shadow Armor invincibility will save you from a 90k Rage Strike, but that's up to personal preference, as for stats I went full AGI and lost like 150 skill damage with the update but now I have near 2500 AGI before Attention Concentration/Prontera Buff.

#7 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Well «Poison Weapon» can be pretty worthless starting lvl 2.

But consider that its a 30 minutes passive after use and its always a damage addition.

Lvl 1 can do the job pretty well.

#8 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

Well «Poison Weapon» can be pretty worthless starting lvl 2.
But consider that its a 30 minutes passive after use and its always a damage addition.
Lvl 1 can do the job pretty well.

True, I personally haven't missed it since I dropped it, but if you want it, you could sacrifice maxing Shadow Fiend and go for something like this instead.

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

No need to put points in Shadow Assault??

#10 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Leveling Shadow Assault only increases it's damage, but the Cooldown and Knockdown time remain the same, so there isn't really any point to leveling it, you use it as your only stun skill and as a gap closer, not to deal damage, but it's definitely a must have skill.

#11 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

I wouldnt give up «Shadow Fiend» at all O___O!!!

That skill is an auto «Double Attack» that can trigger from any attack skill, included «Grimtooth» on its 10 targets, I dunno about «Shadow Fang», but still!! >___>!!

Well... this is the build Im striving to use, since I've yet to max my Sin.

It works pretty well for general hunting, moving around and fighting on close/mid/long range... altho it sacrafices Critical rate for that :v

Edited by Leinzan, 06 May 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#12 TheTerminator

TheTerminator

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:48 AM

Wont Grimtooth lvl 10 be kind of an overheal.At level 10 it heals for full HP even if you hit 5-6 mobs.So,would'nt it be better to get grimtooth lvl 7 or something and take Shadow Fiend??

#13 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I wouldnt give up «Shadow Fiend» at all O___O!!!
That skill is an auto «Double Attack» that can trigger from any attack skill, included «Grimtooth» on its 10 targets, I dunno about «Shadow Fang», but still!! >___>!!

I know, that's why maxed Shadow Fiend instead of getting Poisoning Weapon, but since I'm Maxed already I could probably go with something more like this since Shadow Fang sucks so much.

Wont Grimtooth lvl 10 be kind of an overheal.At level 10 it heals for full HP even if you hit 5-6 mobs.So,would'nt it be better to get grimtooth lvl 7 or something and take Shadow Fiend??

>overheal

There's no such thing as overheal. Also, Grimtooth hits only 5 targets at 9/10.

Edited by 4458130508113924833, 06 May 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#14 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

Yea, shadow fang sucks for many, but I've soloed my way to lvl 15 and gotta say I regret not having enough points to max it :|

Well, that is our differences in play styles I suppose >__>!

«Poison Weapon» might suck past lvl 1, but at lvl 1 is an straight 8.5% damage increase per second, thats why I think its good :v

I still don't trust in Crit rate per skills >_>!

Or at least, I don't like the idea of using 9 skill points on 2 skills for a 7% Crit... even if its flat.

#15 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

Yea, shadow fang sucks for many, but I've soloed my way to lvl 15 and gotta say I regret not having enough points to max it :|

Well, that is our differences in play styles I suppose >__>!

«Poison Weapon» might suck past lvl 1, but at lvl 1 is an straight 8.5% damage increase per second, thats why I think its good :v

I still don't trust in Crit rate per skills >_>!

Or at least, I don't like the idea of using 9 skill points on 2 skills for a 7% Crit... even if its flat.

Oh, no, don't get me wrong, I had maxed it too when I was leveling, it's great for doing it solo, when they stopped giving skill reset's at 1z I left it at 3/6, but it kinda becomes useless when you are maxed.

#16 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

hmm, yea, I've yet to be there...

Then going spartan, 1/6 or 0/6 might do... then again, I already invest on «Shadow Exceed» XD

#17 Datta

Datta

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Odin - channel 2

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Hello guys! i read this post and i like very much ur opinions abouts this PJ, also i follow some of the tip`s u say here.

I had some question i'd like to make:

1) first, the stat... i read a lot, but a LOT of stat build, a no one convince... so i want to ask what u recommend

2) i see u put skill in the ymir skill, but i never see someone using it or even talk abaout it, is really necesary?

and finally i want to show u my build i try to use (im a sin ML 3)

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Hope u can help me! and thanks a lot!

#18 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

First of all, you should wait until the thief skill balance to be applied in the game. The updates would be:

- Penetration will be enabled. This stat enables you to pierce through your enemies defenses. (When it activate, your attack will deal maximum damage without being reduced by enemies' defenses.)

- Maxed Mark of Genocide will give you 10% bonus critical rate in comparasion to the current MoG which is only 2%.

- Grimtooth will no longer heal you per hit. Max level Grimtooth will give you bonus attack power, reduce enemies' movement speed, increased damage (the increased damage is said to be very high, around 700% max level in contrast to the current Grimtooth which is only around 300%+) but lower heal and only heals maximum 10% of your HP (currently 18% HP maxed Grim)

- Ymir: Cthulthu will increase your Penetration by an amazing amount. You wouldn't want to ditch this now.

- A lot of thieves basic skill revamps. Like Cross Impact that deals 700%+ too maxed compared to the currrent CI which deals only 255%.

#19 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

First of all, you should wait until the thief skill balance to be applied in the game. The updates would be:

- Penetration will be enabled. This stat enables you to pierce through your enemies defenses. (When it activate, your attack will deal maximum damage without being reduced by enemies' defenses.)

- Maxed Mark of Genocide will give you 10% bonus critical rate in comparasion to the current MoG which is only 2%.

- Grimtooth will no longer heal you per hit. Max level Grimtooth will give you bonus attack power, reduce enemies' movement speed, increased damage (the increased damage is said to be very high, around 700% max level in contrast to the current Grimtooth which is only around 300%+) but lower heal and only heals maximum 10% of your HP (currently 18% HP maxed Grim)

- Ymir: Cthulthu will increase your Penetration by an amazing amount. You wouldn't want to ditch this now.

- A lot of thieves basic skill revamps. Like Cross Impact that deals 700%+ too maxed compared to the currrent CI which deals only 255%.

>Giving assassin's more burst damage.

Wat, why. Not that I'm complaining tho, but wat.'

#20 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Haha, you'd complain if this is to be applied to Warriors. LOL

#21 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

The following is from the Gravity developers:

1.7    Assassin

Assassin is melee damage dealer that inflicts even greater damage to target with higher DEF.

1.     The effectiveness of skill that inflicts DOT damage will be improved.

Although Assassin is a melee damage dealer, it lacked differentiation from other damage dealers. To improve this, we will make Assassin as the Class for dealing significant damages to targets with high DEF. In other words, higher the DEF of a target, more damage Assassin will inflict. And to prevent unbalance of power, the enhancement will be made based on DOT damage skills.

>Giving assassin's more burst damage.

Wat, why. Not that I'm complaining tho, but wat.'

#22 Datta

Datta

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Odin - channel 2

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

Thank u, i didin't know about this update. i like the change on grim, 18 low to 10 is not big deal... also a penetretation propierty it will be a good add for the sins.

I hope this update came soon, because i like so much this char :)

#23 titi7robert

titi7robert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

i'm a bit noobish at ro2 and mmo's in general. Forgive me for asking a possibly stupid question xD. I noticed many max out shadow armor. I saw the 10 seconds and didn't even bother with it. I am getting more into the game and would like someone to explain why it is that useful? or is it more for pvp?

#24 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:17 AM

i'm a bit noobish at ro2 and mmo's in general. Forgive me for asking a possibly stupid question xD. I noticed many max out shadow armor. I saw the 10 seconds and didn't even bother with it. I am getting more into the game and would like someone to explain why it is that useful? or is it more for pvp?

That merely 10sec means a lot in both PVP and PVE situations. Seems like a panic button but if timed well, could give you the edge in PVP, and save your life/MP in PVE . This skill becomes more vital once you reach ML stage, because of the high damage mobs in Dayr Desert and Dark Whisper. I guess only then you will see this skill with different light. After you become ML, the skill cap will increase to 8, and gives its user 1sec of immunity against all damage, starting at level 6, without add nor reduce the skill active times itself . At max level that will become 5sec. 

#25 titi7robert

titi7robert

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:17 AM

That merely 10sec means a lot in both PVP and PVE situations. Seems like a panic button but if timed well, could give you the edge in PVP, and save your life/MP in PVE . This skill becomes more vital once you reach ML stage, because of the high damage mobs in Dayr Desert and Dark Whisper. I guess only then you will see this skill with different light. After you become ML, the skill cap will increase to 8, and gives its user 1sec of immunity against all damage, starting at level 6, without add nor reduce the skill active times itself . At max level that will become 5sec. 

Guess I just feel it's more a pvp based skill. Haven't needed it in Dayr, but after they nerf grimtooth i may have to consider this more. I definately need a reset either way lol. Thanks for the reply n.n. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users