12 replies to this topic

#1 GreylaVu

GreylaVu

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hello all i'm just trying to find out how many active Knights we have in game,i know a few i'm sure their 

are some i don't know.if you would let me know your in game name and your focus PVP or PVM  and any comments about what you would like to see to improve this class.i am looking forward to hearing from the Knights of Rose.

thanks,  My knights are GreyxKnight / Grey71 

#2 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Topic moved to a more appropriate section.

#3 TiToTeo

TiToTeo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hello all i'm just trying to find out how many active Knights we have in game,i know a few i'm sure their 

are some i don't know.if you would let me know your in game name and your focus PVP or PVM  and any comments about what you would like to see to improve this class.i am looking forward to hearing from the Knights of Rose.

thanks,  My knights are GreyxKnight / Grey71 

IGN:HystericGlamour and i wish knights can once mute again and that all :heh:

#4 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

IGN : Freyja49/YourSlave.

Playing 2 knights (both tanky version), one still in lvl on my main account (testing some pve) and a friend's one for pvp until mine is fully geared. I prefer PvP.

About my comments on tanky knight : Great where they are.

The + :

- Huge tankiness when we do not take all ap passives. 

- Many debuffs (when we do not take ap passives)

- Many disrupts (taunt/dispell/stun)

- Nice protection on squichies (protection)

The - :

- Hard to get a good average points earned in CD/Arena despite or (huge) impact on teamplay/teamfight.

- I'd like to a GEM or STATS or GEAR which give magic res. Mages are our nemesis, and we should get the choice to be less tanky vs physic damages and more tanky vs magic damages.

The most important thing to me is to get more points for teamplay/protection. We do not feel rewarded for the job we are doing, and i think that's why tanky knights are rare.

Edited by Infinity49, 15 May 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#5 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:25 AM

Opal, Luminious honor gear, and Oro Accessory give MDEF

Edited by Nifa, 16 May 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#6 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

I have Oro's access, i have to try mixing some GEMs with Opal. Finding a good mix with 2 different GEM is quite easy, but with 3 is quite impossible, i will probably have to remove some PO or ruby. Arrrgh i have to try it. Thanks for Opal, i really never check this GEM! (but the magic res "of base" is not high, i fear that Opal give really a little amount of MR)

Edit: With this update and nerf offensive buffs of the cleric, i will probably remove Pink Opal.

Edited by Infinity49, 16 May 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#7 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

The - :

- Hard to get a good average points earned in CD/Arena despite or (huge) impact on teamplay/teamfight.

- I'd like to a GEM or STATS or GEAR which give magic res. Mages are our nemesis, and we should get the choice to be less tanky vs physic damages and more tanky vs magic damages.

I disagree on both of these.

These were the first 4 games i played after changing my Knight build and going from xBow to Sword.

This was a loss.

http://puu.sh/8NqbF/f84fa59f4c.jpg

These are wins.

http://puu.sh/8NmAh/55b43fa636.jpg

http://puu.sh/8Nkjn/4d3f702b24.jpg

http://puu.sh/8Nhxn/2bb28daf4e.jpg

I don't think Knights need magic defense. They are supposed to be countered by Magic Attacks.

My opionion: Building a 'Tanky' or Full Defense Knight isn't the right way to build a Knight if you want to play CD.

You gain no advantage over a Knight that builds full Attack Power. He will, just like a Full Defense Knight, stay alive longest of everyone.

Edited by ThunderBug, 16 May 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#8 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Indeed, if you play AP 1H knights, you can have a good average points won.

And maybe you are right when tanky knight is not the best way to play in CD, but it is the gameplay I prefer, being more a full support/disrupter than a dps. 

I will still play it that way if nothing is done about points, but it's kinda sad that playing support version is not rewarded enough.

Concerning the Mag Res, well, points of view I guess, but if i can stay alive longer with Opal (and sacrifice some PO), so i will support longer, so that's a good deal for the gameplay i want to have with my knight!

#9 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

Indeed, if you play AP 1H knights, you can have a good average points won.

And maybe you are right when tanky knight is not the best way to play in CD, but it is the gameplay I prefer, being more a full support/disrupter than a dps. 

I will still play it that way if nothing is done about points, but it's kinda sad that playing support version is not rewarded enough.

Concerning the Mag Res, well, points of view I guess, but if i can stay alive longer with Opal (and sacrifice some PO), so i will support longer, so that's a good deal for the gameplay i want to have with my knight!

A full AP Knight is just as supportive and disruptive as a Full Defense Knight, they do the exact same thing, only an AP Knight does it while dealing damage.

There is litterally no point in building Full Defense.

#10 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Defense is nice and all, but due to how defense scales, a knight already hits the cap with base+passive+chiva set. Building any more defense is really just a waste, as ThunderBug above me stated.

Something I like to do on my knight is building crit. It works very well against mages (who I generally focus in fights) and also prevents criticals on you from random AoE attacks (so better defense). Magic defense isn't that great, unless you're prepared to sacrifice the ap/crit/accu for it, which I (as a crossbow knight), am not.

#11 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:37 PM

A full AP Knight is just as supportive and disruptive as a Full Defense Knight, they do the exact same thing, only an AP Knight does it while dealing damage.

There is litterally no point in building Full Defense.

Gonna try it. But i fear that i will die, or i fear that do not change a thing and it's kinda sad to build def if it's useless ahaha.

#12 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:14 AM

Aaaaaaaand you were right. After some billions invested, being AP from tanky slightly decreased the tanking ability but not really the supportive abilities for the knight, but not enought to mention it. Heh.

I'ts sad that the Knight class does not have a "branch of skill tree" specialized in tanking/support afterall. Mage have fire/wing/ice/sorc, champ axe/spear/2h etc.

I think knight deserve more than just 1h/Xbow, when he could drop every AP abilities and be a better "support", because, IMO, knight are supposed to be tank and teamplay oriented. (if i wanted to do damages or shoot arrows, i wouldn't create a knight if you see what i mean)

I will probably create a thread on that as a suggestion.

#13 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

If you manage to make a good suggestion, send it over to me or ThunderBug (or any other knight rep, but I don't know the other two very well) and I'll take a look at it.

Edited by jerremy, 19 May 2014 - 04:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users