Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 5/13 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 5/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

Aloha folks! This is the place to ask questions for us to answer during our Tiki Tuesday live broadcast at 3pm this next tuesday! Questions about the game, behind the scenes, what it’s like to work in the games industry or just what our favorite stuff with are questions we’d be happy to answer! Check out previous threads if you think that your question may have been answered before too!

IMG_0285

Restaurant of the week is my personal favorite eatery in Los Angeles: PANN’S Diner! A literal Mom-and-Pop restaurant, this diner was founded by George and Rena Panagopoulos in the late 50s. George had emigrated from Greece after WWII and had married Rena. Together, they worked in diners and restaurants through the east coast, the Southeast and eventually made their way to Los Angeles. Since George had learned cooking in the restaurants of the South, Pann’s has always had amazing Southern comfort food (the chicken and waffles rival Roscoe’s in my humble opinion).

IMG_0291

The building is as impressive as the food. Designed by Chinese American Architect Helen Liu Fong (please read this article about her work, very cool), it epitomizes the “Googie” style. This style is sort of the architectural expression of postwar futurism, with bold V shapes , signs design be spotted from passing motorcars and space age materials. The inside of the restaurant had been desecrated in the 70s to make it look more stereotypically “50s” but in recent years they had removed that to restore Pann’s to it’s original glory.

IMG_0286

A few years ago, I happened to meet Mrs. Panagopoulos, who was happy to chat about the history of the restaurant that she and her husband built. She and her son buzz by the restaurant often to make sure that service and the food are up to snuff. And they always seem to be. If you live in the Los Angeles area or plan to visit in the future, make sure to stop by Panns.

IMG_0287

Well, since you’re already sitting down and eating a burger or fried chicken at Panns, why not enjoy some relaxing midcentury organ tunes?

While you have that playing in the background, you might as well chew on some Space Food Sticks and enjoy this futuristic cocktail:

THE COCONAUT

From Beachbum Berry’s Remixed book, which you should really buy.

8oz Lopez coconut cream
2 oz fresh lime juice
7 oz dark Jamaican rum

Put everything in a blender and fill to the top with ice cubes. Blend until slushy. Pour into ceramic coconut shell mugs (if you have them). Serves two to four. You can spice up the presentation of this cocktail by hollowing out a half a lime and placing a toasted cube of white bread inside. Place the lime shell, and douse the crouton with 151 proof rum and light with a long match. This will give a fun flaming effect for the drink.

Coconaut! Photo from here.

#2 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

Hi ^ - ^

About wickebine black cat ears, watching kRO gameplay videos and different official servers description of the item, it looks like this headgear should have a 5% proc chance for 100% mdef bypass on regular monsters (currently 25% mdef bypass in iRO acording to Heim). Is this headgear only different in iRO, and if so, why?

Lord Knight MVP cards, how many were banned, and where did they come from? please don't avoid this question.

We can't give specifics, but we and the GM Team have been investigating this over the last month+. 

And a suggestion, add biolab 4th floor to the list of dungeon teleport scrolls? yes/no/maybe

Yes, possible. 

#3 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

- Any plans on bringing back some kind of MVP loot exchanger? What are your thoughts on most MVP loot being outdated and almost worth nothing.

- Is there any chance that we will get the lvl160 patch in 2014?

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

I'm also curious to hear your opinions on the utter crap that is the majority of old MVP drops.  Would be nice for thhem to get changed to something better.  Even just some rare vanity headgears would be nice.

It would be interesting to get a recycler for not-useful goods. 

Regarding the new TI thing that you guys have been alluding to.  I know that it's going to be something similar to the old pre-renewal turn ins on the actual maps.  What I'm wondering is, will it simply be a select few maps at a time that will get cycled weekly?

Frankly, if it's possible, I'd like to see them permenant on a large number of maps.  That way, it more likely that all the maps are going to see frequent use.  It seems like they should be 23 hr non-resetable cool down timers, but there would be multiple monsters on different maps that you could go hunt, so it's not like it would be a huge deal.  It would also be really cool if there was some way to convert trash loot into something useful, but I'm not sure what all that would entail or if it would even be possible.

We are leaning towards these being more permanent, and not going with a "changing every week" model. 

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Summer holiday is coming, what can we expect from the game while we're enjoying World Cup 2014 Brazil?

We might have some fun Summer festa stuff happening this year...

#6 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

Oda Could u make ET more more interesting? like MVP changes or so.

It would likely involve kRO development since we are not able to modify it by itself on Classic at least. 

COuld u Remove the Groove Boxes with the Maintance ._.; the market is full now of Certs

The groove pack is in for a little while longer. 

Could you put FAW in Boxes Back? for 1 Week or so

It can return in the future. Keep an eye out for fire sales. 

Can we get a NPC who is exchanging MVP loot(normal mvps) into Eden Marks?

Could u also change some Bio3 MVP Drops?

Possible on classic.

Edited by Oda, 13 May 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#7 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

When will we see desocketing returning and if the issue is with the npc still why not just do it via ticket to avoid the issue.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

1. Oda, can you steal these from kRO really quick?

[_] Added Hunger gauge for Homunculus and Cute Pet. (January 18th, 2012)
[_] Implemented Guild Tip User Interface. (January 18th, 2012)
[_] Added 4 new carts for Genetic/Mechanic skill: Change Cart (February 8th, 2012)
[_] Text-based command to invite people to guild (March 7th, 2012)

We can request these, though a lot may require much more advanced versions of the client than kRO is willing to give us. 

2. Why is there a VAS name change and a Kafra Shop name change? (With the VAS being about 300 points more expensive than the Kafra Shop one.)

We are not able to add a name change coupon on classic, so we have it as a option. 

Edited by Oda, 13 May 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#9 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

Can you please allow access to all of the USRC maps you are going to use instead of a bunch of practice maps you guys AREN'T going to use?

I don't get why we used to get and use those practice maps, but now we publicly don't have access to the new ones.

Yes we should be adding in more options. 

Edited by Oda, 13 May 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#10 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

Can you guys make a special server for USRC practice on Sakray like last year? Also include ALL of the maps you guys plan to use, instead of practice ones that AREN'T going to get used?

I can't find any of the freaking USRC npcs on Sakray except the leveling ones and I have to start in Izlude and walk to Pront every time >_>

They didn't add them yet, the only way there atm is if you had a character already in the USRC Izlude and even then the map is broken to hell and has Christmas trees everywhere.

#11 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

orz GMs, why would you say you're going to implement them if it wasn't ready?!

#12 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

How many WarpPortal staff members work on RO, not counting the CSOs in your ticketing team?

3 people who work on RO specifically. 

Do you guys play RO in your spare time, outside of your Let's Play streams?

Campitor plays a pretty good amount. but I do not get to play as much as I would like. 

Is there a specific content patch you'd like to see implemented, from kRO or jRO or whatever else, not for the player-base at large but for your own enjoyment or interest?

Campitor is excited about the rebellion class. I'd like to see the Hero's Trail. 

Once you report something to the mothership, do they advise you of having received it, tested it, actioned it etc etc? Is there a pipeline?

There is a pipeline, we have a report tracking system, and constantly remind them in emails of different project's status. 

Over the last few Tikis you've mention that kRO are getting all chafed regarding custom implementations on iRO, or at least that you're under this impression. Do you know what gave them such a closed-minded attitude?

Probably around the time Classic was implemented, they started paying more attention to our more unique content. I think other versions of the game were very interested in things like the Overlook and Turn ins and asked HQ about it. So HQ wants things like that to go through them on Renewal. 

#13 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:05 PM

are RWC 2012 boxes coming back soon? are there any plans of making new RWC goodies?

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

can we please stop getting costumes with effects? costumes are just supposed to cover up gears... instead we get everybody wearing teh same costumes for the added bonuses... its time to kill this trend off before it becomes expected with every costume and demanded when a costume doestn have effects... id really like to see the costumes with bonuses currently lose their effects but im pretty sure you guys wont do that so please dont add any more...

When we put in effects now they will be temporary, but it does appear that kRO has many effects laden costumes on the way. If you do not want these to come I highly recommend creating a feedback thread we can send to kRO when I create the feedback report. 

#15 dnyssei91

dnyssei91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:20 AM

will we see job 3 headgear costume in the near future? *drooling over maestro song hat*

ty  :p_laugh:

#16 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

Can we please have the ability to hide costumes ? I really hate to wear some of the ugly ones just to get the effects i need from it.

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Can we please have the ability to hide costumes ? I really hate to wear some of the ugly ones just to get the effects i need from it.

or they could just remove the effects from all the costumes...since they are just supposed to be for cosmetic purposes

#18 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

did you meet god poing? does she come back to visit/stay in touch?

I don't think she's visited us since, but we have met her. She was working in a different department when we had started in the game, she really liked when I would make or bring in sushi. 

#19 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

Did you ever manage to read through some of the suggested Transformation Scrolls I gather you are quite busy I did PM you, Might not have gotten to it yet. This one

Also, you should come say hi to my Super Novice! :D I got him to 150 this week! yay!

Edited by Izzy1, 13 May 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#20 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:12 PM

No USRC for classic? 

Due to the actions of certain members of the classic community (who know who they are) Classic USRC with characters, items, and equipment provided is a low probability right now. The lack of a usable sakray and reluctance to have a abuse-possible on-server arena makes this a back burner project. 

#21 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:19 PM

When is USRC Maps gonna be fixed on Sakray?

#22 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

When level 175 comes?

Expanded class will able to reach 175 too? Because in kRO they only can reach 160...

#23 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

How about bringing other levelling areas on Classic to be on par with Thors? (not nerf thors - but highly buff other areas like Thanatos, biolabs and Juperos) 

Satan morroc update and bio 3 will be worked on to give them more of a reason to be hunted.

#24 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

Is there any way to make certain weapons obtainable?  Right now the Weeder Knife doesn't drop from any monster, and can't be obtained in any other way it seems.

Sure we can look at that. 

Oh, also, can we please get some more events that use the Kafra Special Reserve Points?  It's been what, 5 years since the Spare card thing?  It doesn't have to be that again, but just something better than white potions.

Spare cards and the like were unfortunately too bottable. 

Edited by Oda, 13 May 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#25 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:54 PM

you're welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users