Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 5/20 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 5/20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:36 AM

Aloha folks! This is the place to ask questions for us to answer during our Tiki Tuesday live broadcast at 3pm this next tuesday! Questions about the game, behind the scenes, what it’s like to work in the games industry or just what our favorite stuff with are questions we’d be happy to answer! Check out previous threads if you think that your question may have been answered before too!

TheTikis01
Today we look at one of the lost shrines to the Tiki Gods, one that once lived not too far away: Monterey Park’s THE TIKIS. Where today lives a Storage complex and a Mexican American restaurant, once lived a Grand Retronesian Experience courtesy of master showman Danny Balsz:

• 12 Acres of Tropical Enchantment
• 50 feet of underground lava tubes
• 80 foot erupting volcano
• Waterfalls, lagoons, jungle trails
• 3 to 7 bands
• POLYNESIAN EXTRAVAGANZA featuring the finest of Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga and New Zealand.
• Accommodates to 5000 persons, 18 acres of parking
• Complete year round banquet facilities
• Private facilities for birthday parties
• We specialize in holiday parties
• Sundays bring the kids
• 12 exciting rides, petting zoo
• Polynesian cultural center of the islands
• Train ride through ½ mile of Polynesian settings and monster caves

TheTikis02
All kinds of weird, kitschy stuff to do here, including a “200 foot underground cave” tour and beautiful “tiki maidens”.

TheTikis04
Eventually, his neighbors in sleepy Monterey Park convinced the city to kick this rocking hula celebration out of town. By the time Danny had found a new place in Lake Elsinore in the 70s, the Tiki Craze had sadly passed. Though the Tikis is gone, it’s still remembered by a generation of tiki-philes as one of the greatest mainland luaus ever built.

TheTikis03

Album of the week: Since we can’t legally Listen to this while we do the broadcast! Travel back in time with the Ship of Imagination and sit beneath the giant working volcano while sipping a Tropical Itch Cocktail.

TROPICAL ITCH

8 oz passion fruit juice or nectar (I use Hawaiian Sun for that)
1 1/2 oz 151 proof rum
1 oz dark Jamaican Rum
1 oz Bourbon
1/2 oz orange Curacao
2 dashes Angostura Bitters

Fill a large hurricane glass with crushed ice, add all ingredients, and swizzle until well chilled. Garnish with a pineapple stick, mint sprig, an orchid, and a wooden backscratcher. Original recipe by Harry Yee of the Hawaiian Village Hotel in Hawaii. From Jeff “Beachbum” Berry’s book Intoxica.

tropicalitch
Image from http://www.aloha-hawaii.com/hawaii/tropical-drinks/

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

First of all, the upcoming jump event. How are you gonna respond to the opinions? Some agree and the other disagree. As for me, I couldn't care less but it's a good oppurtunity but totally optional.

We're putting in the kickstart event, where it's a short series of hops rather than a single big jump so it gives a more directed intro experience to the game without just giving  a big free jump. 

Second, and my most important question: 5001.png costume when?

We can add it to our request list. 

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

Do you know why kRO refuses to allow pre-Renewal job classes from reaching the new level cap? If not, can you ask them why?

We can request more info, but we haven't gotten any info about the level cap raise yet. 

We can request these, though a lot may require much more advanced versions of the client than kRO is willing to give us.

How many client versions are we behind? And kRO doesn't want to update ours? That doesn't sound very good for iRO's future.

We don't know offhand about what client update we are behind but the woe TE update will be bringing us closer, it is enabling some things we weren't able to do before. 

Edited by Oda, 20 May 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#4 Tenshiiii

Tenshiiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in my head
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:ps4

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

What's the ETA for WoE TE?

(This might have been answered, but I don't really read threads here so I apologize ~_~)

We have just received the data for internal testing and localization, we are working on getting it ready to be put on sakray. It should be soon. 

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

Can you guys make Stunning Star Eyepatches tradable? They were sold in the kp shop for a while and since pretty much every hat is tradable now and you guys completely crushed and devalued my Bell Ribbon because of people asking for it, I hope you guys can at least do that (:

We can definitely look at doing that. 

#6 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

Can we get the Amistr Bag?

amistr_bag.png

Also, I'm just wondering if you know if the next update we're getting includes the new set of items that can be enchanted in Malangdo?

We can ask, what is the source for the image?

Edited by Oda, 20 May 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#7 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

Let's get this too~

Before you ask, yes it IS official.

Ignis Cap [1]

pw2oW3w.png cXtXfxs.png

DEF: 8

Weight: 80

Required Level: 40

Usable by: All jobs

ATK+10

Ignore the defence of normal (non-MVP) monsters for 7 seconds by chance when physically attacking.

When equipped with [Ifrit Ears], aspd+1% for every 2 refines.

Post the source and we can ask kRO about it. 

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

when can we expect to see the transforming headgears? apparently the Black Shiba Inu hat + fidelity necklace are supposed to have a chance to turn you into Atroce for a few seconds... when can we see these effects implemented? what update are they included in?

We'll experiment with the latest update. It's an issue with the headgear trying to call a mechanic that is not currently possible in our client as of the previous large update. We would like to get this working ourselves. 

#9 notNebi

notNebi

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:30 AM

Some friends and I were wondering why azoth is disabled in prt_fild08 and whether you guys could re-enable it like you did with dead branches. Generally, people will assume poly'd monsters are from branches anyway, but the ones who enjoy polymorphing will appreciate its return.

Also, Amulets cannot be used either, but not sure if anyone cares about that.

We can talk about it internally. 

#10 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Why is Wikebine's Black Cat Ear only bypass 25% of mdef when kRO version bypasses 100%? can you please look into it and why we're not getting full effect on this headgear? its kinda similar to how we had FAW option. If it can be fixed, please do so and it will probably buff caster classes by a lot.

We can look into it. 

#11 Lizbo

Lizbo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

Do you have any idea what time and day WoE TE will be held?

We are looking at several different times, including Sunday mornings, or Monday evenings. We'll be putting some options out to the community, but like with every WoE scheduling, it's not going to be accessible to everyone. 

#12 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Can we have Ring of Resonance, Ring of Flame Lord, Enhanced ROR, Enhanced ROFL sonic blow effect removed from auto cast just like KRO did? 

http://forums.warppo...-blow-autocast/

Players are really annoyed by that.

We can request those from kRO. 

Can you address the Night Sparrow Hat damage error issue? It hurts to see something that iRO put much effort to but doesn't work.

http://forums.warppo...ghtsparrow-hat/

It's adding to the base damage, not to the total damage so that's why it does not appear to be adding as you expected.

#13 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Since the dragons turn in was unusable / broken for the first 3 weeks of the event on Classic, is an extension being considered? This is the first time in months people on Classic have been partying and for that to only last a week would be sad.

We can definitely consider that. 

#14 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Why is Wikebine's Black Cat Ear only bypass 25% of mdef when kRO version bypasses 100%? can you please look into it and why we're not getting full effect on this headgear? its kinda similar to how we had FAW option. If it can be fixed, please do so and it will probably buff caster classes by a lot.

Asked the same last week, didn't see a reply :'(

#15 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

TI and TI Rewards will be removed?

No, we want to provide an alternative to Gramps leveling, not a replacement. 

When level 175 comes,can Expanded class reach lvl 175/60? (in kRO they reach 160/50 :/ )

We have no info from kRO about how the system works yet but we will make sure to get that info asap. 

Edited by Oda, 20 May 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#16 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

The amistr bag got added in kRO last year.

This is the only thing I could find and it's from the kRO patch notes.

ROBE_AMISTR_BAG = 4

#17 Din85

Din85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

can we get an ETA on rebel class?

We don't have info on the Rebellion Class from kRO yet, but we will certainly love to share the info with you guys when we get more ourselves. 

#18 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Are you guys secretly politicians? Lots of your answers are "We can look into that"

Can we get an item that enables ensemble skills useful for Maestro's since there seems to be a real lack of Dancer/Wanderers in game. My poor Maestro doesn't have anything useful to cast apart from Magic Strings. such a waste of skills :(

It's the peril of not having an in house development team. If we had people in the building we could grab by the collar and shake until we had answers we would have fewer "we can look into that" answers. And community management IS a political position. 

#19 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:13 PM

It took me to long to find :(

Edited by Akabane, 20 May 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#20 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:49 PM

Regarding Amistr Bag~

Robe_Items.png

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Regarding Amistr Bag~

Robe_Items.png

Can you give me an official link for the bag?

#22 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

There's jRO data on it http://www.divine-pr...ag#jRO-japanese it's complicated to pinpoint when it was implemented ~ - ~

Edit: item 20706

艾咪斯可魯包 [アミストルバッグ]

仿生命體” 艾咪斯可魯”的外型而製作的背包。
ALL Status + 1.
抗所有屬性攻擊 + 5%。
系列: 披肩 防禦: 18
重量: 50
要求等級: 1
裝備 : 全部職業

ホムンクルス "アミストル"の外観を真似て作ったリュックサック.
全てのステータス + 1.
全ての属性攻撃に対する耐性 + 5%.
系列 : 肩にかける物 防御 : 18
重量 : 50
要求レベル : 1
装備 : 全ての職業

Edited by meli, 20 May 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#23 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Can you give me an official link for the bag?

I'm doubting one exists. The best I can find is some korean site that's not official. http://www.inven.co....x=1952&l=119213

Korean name: 아미스트르 가방

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm doubting one exists. The best I can find is some korean site that's not official. http://www.inven.co....x=1952&l=119213

Korean name: 아미스트르 가방

If we can get an official source it becomes much easier to ask for. Even if the official source is jRO. If another partner has it we can ask for it.

#25 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:16 PM

Can't find any ): I can only find the item id: 20706

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users