#1 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

This thread was created for the purpose of displaying your guild's might and tactics with winning a WoE Castle or Fort(maybe both!)

edit: and Bases. I didn't forget about those!

Edited by StormHaven, 25 May 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Uncrowned win-Castle

Good job guys!!!! More power to Uncrowned :)

Collision win- Castle

:lv: :thumb2: Congrats on winning woe

Uncrowned win- Castle

WOO GUYS GREAT JOB!! 

Collision win- Castle

Congratulations to everyone!
Shout out to Blood Order, Galajuan and Uncrowned for doing a great job...!
Thank you for the greetings from Collision. (man, i'm not used to this)

BloodOrder win- Upper Fort

GRATZ BLOOD ORDER TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY GOT YOUR SUPER FORT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE FINALLY GOT FULL CONTROL OF THE MAP WITH EVERYONE HAVING ONE FORT <3

Exodus win- Base of Advancement

¡¡Grats Exo on woe!!
We kicked ass on  BOA  they couldnt take it from 3 members!!!

-chestbump

BloodOrder win- Castle

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

Congats BloodOrder Thanks for All The Support.

RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT THEN STOMP US <3

Galajuan win- Castle
May 25.2014

#3 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:43 AM

If the purpose of banning congrats threads was because of flaming, then what is stopping people from flaming in this condensed thread here? 

It's easier to moderate 1 thread than hide a bunch and have to monitor many.

#4 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

^^AGREED^^ 1 thread per winner pinned. This reduces clutter and allows for the guild promotion that everyone deserves. The guild recruitment area is always busy, non woe-guilds get overlooked. This forum is hardly used for anything else anyways... why not?

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

So, we are going to have to post here to congratulate them. Then as people talk/flame/do whatever they do those posts will get lost in the pages. The point of the threads is for recruiting and just for saying gratz, what this thread will do is become a long thread most new people will not take the time to read. Why not instead Make it one thread per winning guild and allow them to bump when they win :)

Edit: Can you quote the second thread for blood order I liked that one better and it actually conveys what we felt.(or at least I myself as one of the general alliance leaders)

I was attempting to find quotes from a member of the Guild's. I'll search around for some better quotes or if I could get some quotes from the leaders that would be great~

^^AGREED^^ 1 thread per winner pinned. This reduces clutter and allows for the guild promotion that everyone deserves. The guild recruitment area is always busy, non woe-guilds get overlooked. This forum is hardly used for anything else anyways... why not?

If enough ppl agree with this Idea, I'm willing to do that. Just +1 magpi, but the threads will be heavily moderated and should ONLY and I mean only be used to say congratulations or compliment the winning guild and only  1 per guild. I'll check back in about an hourish.

Edited by StormHaven, 25 May 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

Well the problem should've been addressed when the threads were created. What will happen now is you will have a lot of players pming you and the CMS wondering why they are muted/banned(assuming bans are issued). 

Like I've stated in another post, If the issue involves something directly related to me I pass the issue off to another one of the VMs or a CM( This is prevent accusations of bias and such). If you have any further questions or concerns PM me as I'm going to clean up this thread.

#7 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:30 AM

I feel like this decision should have been made by a CM, and I'm actually saddened to see that a CM has not stepped in. Now I'm not saying that stormhaven isn't allowed to have input but seeing as he is a player of this game and is in an active guild, some are unfortunately going to feel like he is being biased. I personally feel like this reaction to the whole woe congrats threads is silly.

#8 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'd just like to mention that we're seeming to forget it's Memorial Day weekend, which not only means Monday is a federal holiday (meaning WP likely will not have many of their staff in the office tomorrow) but they regularly give their staff off on Saturday and Sunday. We've already had threads with multiple reminders WP staff are not in the office on weekends.  So the likely reason that we're not getting any GM/CM response on the situation of the WoE forum today is because well, they are not obligated to be here right now, and probably want to spend the holiday weekend with their families. (Added suggestion: it's almost the summer months in NA, go outside and enjoy the likely-enjoyable weather. :) )

#9 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:41 AM

I feel like this decision should have been made by a CM, and I'm actually saddened to see that a CM has not stepped in. Now I'm not saying that stormhaven isn't allowed to have input but seeing as he is a player of this game and is in an active guild, some are unfortunately going to feel like he is being biased. I personally feel like this reaction to the whole woe congrats threads is silly.

um just because he posted doesnt mean its only his decision. how would you know who took it? did a gm tell you? all i see is you assuming things based on personal grudges. instead of accusing without proof you should pm a cm first. Also TK is right,they already been doing this in ro1 forums and theyre fine without those threads. why is this such a big deal?? you can still say gratz and all. place doesn matter, its the nice intention that does.

#10 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

um just because he posted doesnt mean its only his decision. how would you know who took it? did a gm tell you? all i see is you assuming things based on personal grudges. instead of accusing without proof you should pm a cm first. Also TK is right,they already been doing this in ro1 forums and theyre fine without those threads. why is this such a big deal?? you can still say gratz and all. place doesn matter, its the nice intention that does.

Personal grudge? Whoa. Whoa. Calm down please, I have no personal grudge against anyone in this game. I wasn't attacking him either, I was just saying that it looks biased. As a VM he is entitled to his privileges and I respect that, again though in this what seems to be a touchy situation, it would look best to have a CM make the decision and have them make the post. You're right though, I don't know who he has spoken to either, but it would be nice if whoever he had spoken to would step in and support his decision since there has been negative reactions.
So I apologize if my first post seemed to be an attack, that was not my intention.

#11 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Personal grudge? Whoa. Whoa. Calm down please, I have no personal grudge against anyone in this game. I wasn't attacking him either, I was just saying that it looks biased. As a VM he is entitled to his privileges and I respect that, again though in this what seems to be a touchy situation, it would look best to have a CM make the decision and have them make the post. You're right though, I don't know who he has spoken to either, but it would be nice if whoever he had spoken to would step in and support his decision since there has been negative reactions.
So I apologize if my first post seemed to be an attack, that was not my intention.

I agree that an official CM announcement would perhaps make people feel safer, but there's no reason to assume that Storm took this decision on his own. From what I see, he simply happens to be the messenger in this case. We can't know how or when or who decided this. Perhaps CMs were not at the office at the moment (which doesn't necessarily have to mean they're incommunicated) and couldn't announce this themselves. Maybe they could reassure people about this once one of them is back?

Honestly, people will always assume "bias" on any decision taken by a vmod or even by a CM, no matter how unbiased they can be, someone out there will always be unhappy about it and think its "biased." Most people prefer to point fingers in the moment rather than do some research first =/

And Sarasah... sorry if my post sounded harsh (and poorly typed...stupid phone keyboard), it may not be a personal grudge and I realize you weren't attacking, but it did sound like you already assumed something, without any space of doubt.

Back on topic, magpi idea isn't too terrible. I personally don't think that a single thread per each woe/fort/castle winner is needed; maybe not now but later on it's gonna end up too cluttered in here, full of many threads scattered around for different dates/woes/guilds/goals achieved. Eventually even if they're not locked/trolled, they will end up lost somewhere in pages lol And pinning too many threads is just a mess. But if people really want it so bad.....

Edited by TifaValentine, 26 May 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Back on topic, magpi idea isn't too terrible. I personally don't think that a single thread per each woe/fort/castle winner is needed; maybe not now but later on it's gonna end up too cluttered in here, full of many threads scattered around for different dates/woes/guilds/goals achieved. Eventually even if they're not locked/trolled, they will end up lost somewhere in pages lol And pinning too many threads is just a mess. But if people really want it so bad.....

Yes if we do 1 per guild eventually it'll be cluttered in pinned topics, not to mention as someone pointed put before people won't read long threads( which will happen with 1 per guild), if they keep making it then it just clutter ups and spams the WoE section with the same topic over and over.

@Sarasah people will call bias no matter what anyone says. A completely 3rd party moderator from another WP  game could've posted this and  people would still call bias. I didn't take your post as an attack at anyone tbh.

The threads started out good, become passive aggressive, and were starting to go to the toxic path way despite multiple verbal warnings to the trollers on all sides of this.

#13 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

The issue here is not on whether or not congratulatory threads are allowed, the problem is that these type of threads bring in flame wars. It was fine at first when everyone was being civil, but it has since gotten out of control.

Us CMs are quite busy throughout the day, and don't have time to monitor every single thread, much less reply to all of them. This is why we put trust in our mods to make the right modding decisions for us and the community. If we thought they were biased in any way, they wouldn't be mods for this long. 

I hope this clears up the air a bit. 

#14 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

The issue here is not on whether or not congratulatory threads are allowed, the problem is that these type of threads bring in flame wars. It was fine at first when everyone was being civil, but it has since gotten out of control.

Us CMs are quite busy throughout the day, and don't have time to monitor every single thread, much less reply to all of them. This is why we put trust in our mods to make the right modding decisions for us and the community. If we thought they were biased in any way, they wouldn't be mods for this long.

I hope this clears up the air a bit.

The main questions were if this was an independent decision or a joint decision made by cm/vmod, why instead of just punishing the few individuals who start the flaming why are threads closed instead and if it is actually forbidden now which you didn't really confirm or deny . You basically said they cause flame wars and you don't have time to be on the forums all day but you trust the vmods to moderate and make unbiased decisions regarding what they moderate if not they would have been removed from the mod squad a while ago. This didn't really answer any of the aforementioned questions. (On phone hate typing here will add more tonight Sorry if it sounds roughly written kinda rushed atm ) After re-reading it it doesn't seem that bad. If anything not trying to attack you at all zanbee :D 

Edited by Baddiez, 27 May 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#15 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Talk with your wallet.

#16 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

The main questions were if this was an independent decision or a joint decision made by cm/vmod, why instead of just punishing the few individuals who start the flaming why are threads closed instead and if it is actually forbidden now which you didn't really confirm or deny . You basically said they cause flame wars and you don't have time to be on the forums all day but you trust the vmods to moderate and make unbiased decisions regarding what they moderate if not they would have been removed from the mod squad a while ago. (On phone hate typing here will add more tonight Sorry if it sounds roughly written kinda rushed atm ) I realize it seems a little aggressive Soz zanbee I'll rewrite this later today :)

It's funny how this sounds really really familiar. hmm hahahhahahaha

ps. im literally smiling like a retard by myself on the train. lol sadlyf.

this is why I love u guys.. haha

#17 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Cool glad you got a laugh out of it.

#18 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Cool glad you got a laugh out of it.

yea man, I sincerely thank you. such a good day for me today hahaha

#19 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

yea man, I sincerely thank you. such a good day for me today hahaha

Np still trying to figure out what you mean, but I think i have the general idea haha. Hope your day continues to be good and filled with smiles glad someone got a nice laugh out of this thread:)

#20 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Np still trying to figure out what you mean, but I think i have the general idea haha. Hope your day continues to be good and filled with smiles glad someone got a nice laugh out of this thread:)

...(On phone hate typing here will add more tonight Sorry if it sounds roughly written kinda rushed atm ) After re-reading it it doesn't seem that bad. If anything not trying to attack you at all zanbee :D

Hopefully this helps make things add up and prevents unnecessary confusion.

#21 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

Hopefully this helps make things add up and prevents unnecessary confusion.

Bottom line I helped make a girl smile today lol  #GG

#22 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:43 AM

Bottom line I helped make a girl smile today lol  #GG

Congr....oh crap I almost said it :rofl:

anywho...

#23 foxxxtrot

foxxxtrot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

Congratulations . . . . 

to the MODS and CM's . . . . . !

^_^

well since non of the issue were answered, my congratulations will be incomplete too...

Anyway . . . . nope.... nevermind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users