• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Travalanche

Travalanche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Hey everyone, I have a level 71/26 stalker that's almost all eden gear 3 and I've been leveling on Metalings, Mandragora's, Goats and Mantis's and while I'm getting okay XP I'm not making much of a profit at all and can barely afford the needed potions.

My stats are like 62 str, 70, agi, 40 dex, and 10 vit, 301 flee and I'm a melee build with a dagger.

Are there any higher level monsters with a low hit-rate or drop healing stuff like hinalle leaflets?

Metalings overall aren't too bad but the divest weapon skill they use is annoying, mandragora's/Mantises are extremely popular and give low exp now so I'm not fighting those anymore, and Goats hit me a bit more than I'd like forcing me to use a few potions.

I tried Harpies and the clock tower enemies but they are too hard for me.

I'm content with Metalings for now but I was wondering if there is a similar monster that doesn't cast divest weapon?

Edited by Travalanche, 26 May 2014 - 03:21 AM.

#2 Travalanche

Travalanche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:12 AM

Also, my amount of zeny is under 100k so that's why I'm so worried about potion use, I miss the days of hunting groves.

#3 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:36 AM

Geffen spotlight is coming up and you can probably give Glast Heim St. Abbey a try then.

also 1, 2

#4 Gwolla

Gwolla

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

I'd say atleast get an endow slave (sage) to change the element on your weapon. You can level it to job 50 within 30 min now with the jumpstart event (izlude npc). Make a separate account for this so you can dual client.

This way you will kill goats twice as fast and thus get hit twice as less :)

Do TI's aswell (gramps and yuno) for extra cash and exp. You can sell the reset stones for around 5.5m (u need 8 eden badges for that = 4 gramps TIs)

Edited by Gwolla, 26 May 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#5 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Worst case scenario, spend a few hours hunting spores or yoyos and collect strawberries. Vend those strawberries to other players for 3k each. It's best to make your merchant on another account so you can vend while you play. Once you get overcharge and discount to level 10 on your merchant, do all transactions with him to maximize your zeny. In order to hunt harder places for better xp you need to be able to buy supplies to burn through while level.

As a GX who mainly solos I go through around 6-12k white potions per week. (Level 150). Would be impossible to accomplish things if I went into the field without supplies.

As for leveling, try to search for the repeatable Juno bounty quests in iRO wiki, you're about the right level to do those.

Oh and a leveling tip. Use snatch or fly wings on the field. Unless you are going Bowling Bash you won't be doing any AoE attacks. So pick and choose your battles. Wing away if a mob gets on you. Since you are flee based you should have no problem avoiding attacks when fighting one monster. So to use less potions, try to fight one on one. Even if you are 1/2 way through killing a monster, and you aggro 2 or 3 more. It may be wiser to snatch or wing instead of spamming lots until it's dead.

Edited by idonothaveanname, 26 May 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#6 Travalanche

Travalanche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:32 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions, I really appreciate it!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users