Trekkie Tuesday Question Lounge for 6/10 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Trekkie Tuesday Question Lounge for 6/10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Aloha everyone! This is the place to ask questions for Campitor and I to answer during our Tiki Tuesday live show taking place at 3pm on Tuesdays. Please check out previous threads to make sure that you aren’t asking a question that we’ve already covered.

For example: Level cap raise, gunslinger or other upcoming updates are not yet on the radar for iRO just yet. We’ll have news up as soon as we receive more data from kRO’s development team.

Otherwise ask away, if you want to know how we started in the games industry, what kind of things we do on an everyday basis or even ask what kind of things we’re looking forward to seeing at E3, we’ll do our best to answer ‘em. Also, ask STAR TREK QUESTIONS, as both Campitor and I are fans.

This week we’re serving up a cruiser full of trek-related goodness and remembering one of the greatest things ever to exist in Las Vegas.

For this week’s choice of music: a suite of sweet Trek songs:

For this week’s Drink we raise a toast to the dearly departed Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas (which sadly I never was able to visit) and the truly out-of-this-world Quark’s Bar. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Experience

Named after the famous pleasure planet where some of the worst episodes of TNG/DS9 take place, the RISA COLADA is our recipe of the week, and tiki as all get out. Check out the link above for many more recipes!

======Risa Colada======

1.5 oz Malibu Rum (or whichever coconut rum you can find)
2 oz Pina Colada mix (liquid mix, not powder)
.5 oz Blue Curaco
2 oz scoop of ice cream

Put the rum, pina colada mix, and ice cream in a blender with about a half cup of ice and blend until smooth (add more ice if necessary). In an empty glass, pour the .5 oz of blue curaco. Finally, slowly and gently pour the frozen concoction into the glass with the curaco to get that swirreled effect. Top with whipped cream if so desired.

#2 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Make it so number one.

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Oh, and favorite Captain is Sisko. Having a captain who has a family is a very interesting dynamic, and Avery Brooks is delightful to watch. Could any of the other captains cook? I don't think so!

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Assuming 2 guilds battling eachother and neither guild owns unfrozens, would forming an alliance with or interfering with the battle be a violation of the prime directive?

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Decided I'll give you guys a break from kRO updates for once so...

Ever been to Medieval Times? If so, which knight do you root for?

#6 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

I didn't watch the replay so I'm not sure if you mentioned anything, but can you answer my question from last week's tiki:

Can you make a couple things vend-able:

Enriched Oridecon / Elunium 50 Box
Giant Fly Wing 500 Box
Light Blue Potion Box

Can you make these buy shop-able:

Transform Scrolls
Takoyaki
Seagod Anger

Thanks!

#7 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Also anything on this from 2 weeks ago:

Also, can you guys make elven ears [1] tradeable on Renewal? Then implement making Stunning Star Eyepatches tradeable s:

We'll talk with the rest of the team about it.

Edited by Sapphic, 11 June 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#8 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

I know I should have asked this aeons ago, and I don't know if this was even covered already.

About skill names. Who knows how long ago some ingame skill names "reverted back to their original names", such as Increase AGI (now Increase Agility), Lightening Bolt (now Lightning Bolt), Power Maximize (now Maximize Power), among others.

Was this change intended or accidental? Knowing this would help me a lot at keeping order at the wiki.

#9 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:19 PM

Why do most of the instances recently implemented make it so you can't re-enter if you leave them, is this iRO only or do they work like this in kRO? it's a huge drawback specially if you're doing a complicated or lenghty instance... you can die or disconnect, and everything you've done is wasted since you can't go back in. If i remember correctly you started doing this because people abused the summoner and hazy forest remaking parties over and over, and so it could happen for all the rest. Sure can understand that for short easy instances where all you do is find mvp>kill mvp and are easily exploitable... but is that the only solution you guys could've thought of? Why can't you just make them like nidhoggur's nest by example, where killing mvp means you can't re-enter?

#10 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Nidhoggur's nest is kind of a hybrid version of what you're talking about. You can re-enter it, up until you reach the maze part of the instance. If you disconnect while you're in the initial guardian killing sequence, you can re-enter and continue where you left off. But once you enter the maze, from then on if you disconnect, you can't go back in.

#11 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I can't think of any good RO related questions, but here's some Star Trek ones.

Who's the better James T Kirk: William Shatner or Chris Pine

Better Spock: Leonard Nimoy or Zachary Quinto

Last but not least, Better Khan: Ricardo Montalban or Benedict Cumberbatch

#12 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Why do most of the instances recently implemented make it so you can't re-enter if you leave them, is this iRO only or do they work like this in kRO? it's a huge drawback specially if you're doing a complicated or lenghty instance... you can die or disconnect, and everything you've done is wasted since you can't go back in. If i remember correctly you started doing this because people abused the summoner and hazy forest remaking parties over and over, and so it could happen for all the rest. Sure can understand that for short easy instances where all you do is find mvp>kill mvp and are easily exploitable... but is that the only solution you guys could've thought of? Why can't you just make them like nidhoggur's nest by example, where killing mvp means you can't re-enter?

It's a kRO/every other official server thing, can't re-enter ET either.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

My Tiki question is:

Why is the "Severe Rainstorm +25%" option on Nightsparrow Hat not fixed? The option is not being applied at all. I heard on a prior Tiki you said that it only applied to the base damage. It is not doing this either. It literally adds 0%, not even 1% more damage. Also why is the other option on the hat the reduction of fixed cast time when only only a few wanderer skill actually have fixed cast time, and a negligible amount at that (0.5 seconds)?

Follow up question: Do you hate wanderers, or just female characters?

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

They must be very vengeful men if either case was true.

#15 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

My Tiki question is:

Why is the "Severe Rainstorm +25%" option on Nightsparrow Hat not fixed? The option is not being applied at all. I heard on a prior Tiki you said that it only applied to the base damage. It is not doing this either. It literally adds 0%, not even 1% more damage. Also why is the other option on the hat the reduction of fixed cast time when only only a few wanderer skill actually have fixed cast time, and a negligible amount at that (0.5 seconds)?

I sent in a ticket about this issue (also magician night cap doesn't increase spell fist damage either) few days ago still waiting for answer.

Got an answer today, they are in the process of fixing it.

Looking forward!~

Edited by GreenIvy, 06 June 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#16 Djaytorre

Djaytorre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Is it morally wrong that i prefer Star Trek Voyager over Star Trek: The Next Generation? :heh:

I know that maybe i will be reprimanded but is it just me that loves both the Star Trek Universe and Star Wars,see alot of fighting in the world between the people that prefer one or the other,am i weird if i love both of them the same?

Live long and prosper or may the force be with you,take your pick ;)

#17 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Can we have a Kafra and/or Eden NPC beside GH instance NPC? It will be so convenient for us to party up and access to storage.

Please make Janeway give job exp for the savage quest and offer warp to savage map (mjor 07) like all the other tiers quests.

I know lag has been a constant problem for iRO. But since geffen spotlight began the amount of complains keeps increasing and the issue is getting worse. Please do something, thanks.

Edited by GreenIvy, 09 June 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#18 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Will we be getting the full jRO effect of the shiba inu hat? The original has a stronger effect than the one currently in iRO, giving an attack bonus based on refine rate when transformed, much like the case of the eddga hat.

If yes, how soon would it be considering that the transform effect is already implemented?

I'd like to confirm this because the atk bonus effect wasn't explicitly mentioned in the previous tiki threads so there might be a misunderstanding somewhere...

#19 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

why does GH instance have backwards portals?

10433822_10152505105205909_4402588733266

10402856_10152505105210909_2979882270954

when this is the correct way it should be

10464080_10152505105170909_1393838038117

10437362_10152505105190909_8706570659516

whats the deal?

10433891_10152505105185909_8459096087153

SECONDLY:

why do the goats bounty board warp you to juno field 07 when juno field 11 is like 100000% better? this should be fixed

Edited by xfusion, 09 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#20 Lizbo

Lizbo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

I adore having the option to break +10 foods into snacks on classic, could we get that on renewal?

also white romantic flower please :3

Edited by Lizbo, 09 June 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#21 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

1. what are you doing to ensure a even & fair competition field in classic starting to hire anti cheat developers or side project for future?

2. is there plans to deal with the god item creation quest and the chars needed to roll the seals.

3. is this server worth me playing anymore ?

4. will diabolus ring  drop chance be changed  so far am at 1,3k ghost morrocc kills +100 he gum and rarest drop is 2 bibles

#22 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

I didn't watch the replay so I'm not sure if you mentioned anything, but can you answer my question from last week's tiki:

Can you make these buy shop-able:

Transform Scrolls
Takoyaki
Seagod Anger

There is no reason to post questions if you aren't going to the thread after having asked something.
The market is already flooded with Trans Scroll since they are in almost ever box. There is no reason for themto be in the Kafra Shop if that's what you mean.

why does GH instance have backwards portals?

It's not just the GH Instance that is this way. Many of the portals in GH go backwards, and/or, to different maps, when you go back, & forth between them.

That being said I have some questions.

Is there anything being done, and/or fixed, on the Fix Description thread. There have been many posts made, yet no one has replied, & I can't even remember the last time a description was fixed. The description for the Trans Scrolls really need to be fixed. Most of us had no clue, they had buffs too, until I mentioned something about them on one of the previous maintenance threads.

I know you have been getting some new kRO updates but what about any of the old ones, so our gear is the same as there's has been for some time. Like when we finally got the FAW update. What about things like the BDM? I believe you said the contract says we have to wait 6 months, before we get the updates, but it's been much longer.

Last thing, for now at least, is please lower the GH Instance, level requirement to at least level 100. There is no reason people, that want to party anywhere from level 100-115, shouldn't be able to if they choose, regardless of how many want to say it can't be done. Just because the monsters level start at 130 is no reason for that to be the level requirement. We have many other quests, like ET, TT, Mora, etc..., which can't be done even solo at the required level, much less even a party in the level required.

#23 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

You can't really compare ET and other instance with GH because in GH every character in party can get temporal materials after 2 boss are killed. ET doesn't operate this way. Let's say there is a 12 people party. In ET they can only possibly get one ROR/RTE etc. Not 12 ROR/RTE. However, in GH, once the party finished it, technically the other 11 people can get 11 set of spell and crystal without actually doing anything.

IMO, the level requirement is there to prevent people from farming spell and crystal with tons of alts. Gene and Ranger can solo GH. They can simply build up a party with 11 alts and farm it til death. It will crash the already inflated market. Not to mention in a server like iRO, a lot of people have many 150 alts, 130 is even easier.

And a lvl 130 requirement also in some way motivates people to level up rather than just low ti to 100 and then quit the game.

Edited by GreenIvy, 09 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#24 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

would u ever merge renewal and classic? if one is dead?

#25 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

Weren't we going to have a second poll for the exact time WoE TE will start? I think we should still delay it for another week while we get times settled out  :p_swt:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users