digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPhilippines/Guam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:30 PM

Hi its me again guys, im still quite confused with the gear on this game. Im 79muse(soon to be mage) atm and i find it hard to solo. What gear should i use? I only use a reinforced NPC set and a npc weapon and i find my damage so low. What items should i use at this level

#2 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

If you can't afford valor items at the moment then just go with crafted items like reinforced, hardened...etc.

If I were you I would go reinforced with AP or Int stats & hardened staff with the same stats. It's better to clear mobs faster since you have cleric supporting you.

#3 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

Thx man for the info. Btw for the valor wep, is it worth spending valor points in low level weapon?

#4 lolmetimbers89

lolmetimbers89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

I would invest in a lvl 80 courage gear set and refine it as high as possible. This adds 40% more damage to your attacks against mobs. You can even keep using this set till lvl 140 or so if you are in a party in oblivion temple. Then keep upgrading and refining you weapons as you go. Focus on aoe damage.

If you don't have the valor but the zulie try asking around to buy it. Otherwise reinforced set does quite well. The main influence of damage output is still your weapon, so keep trying to find a hardened staff for your lvl and refine it to 6-7. Leveling will always be slow if you solo.

Edited by lolmetimbers89, 12 June 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#5 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

Usually I suggest using courage gear for any damager, but since mage already does high damage, especially once you hit 100 and can get Aural Pierce (mdef debuff), I suggest getting Brave armor + brave weapon for mage. The difference in damage will be a little noticeable if you have a courage set to compare with, but the survivability will be much greater. As a mage, you will want a higher survival rate with minimal running around (when leveling) since you will then be able to kill the enemy shortly after. The enemy might be able to get a hit or two off before dying, and many of these will be fatal if you are in an aoe spot. If you have many clerics supporting you, then go ahead with either an entire courage set or a brave set + courage staff. If soloing and confident in your ability to kill mobs before they reach you, then courage would be fine, but I prefer brave in the event that they are able to get to you.

Don't worry about damage looking low since you're <100. Compared to other classes in the same level range, you are doing more damage. Save some stat points to put into charm and 5 skill points for when you hit 100 so that you can max Aural Pierce immediately.

A low level valor weapon will be useful for a long while, so yes, I think it is worth it. Depending on your server, you might be able to get a free valor set/weapon from people that have absolutely no idea what to do with their capped valor.

#6 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Naaahh, just use reinforced and hardened and reinf to the max you can with no materials, dont even spend money on this moment. J

#7 ChaosPaladin

ChaosPaladin

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Gensokyo

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Well, since most of the other players, answered their questions, I guess middle unnecessary to place any other tip, but anyway...

Since you are still a Lv 79, It's unnecessary to spend any Valor Poins with Courage or Brave Sets. The best here would be to try a Reinforcement Set, refining until (7)-(8). The same thing would apply with your Weapon, for this one try a Hardened Staff.

On the issue of Damage, as Nifa (Gamma) has said, the best solution would be the addition of Aural Pierce (Mage's Skill Tree), which would decrease the M. DEF of all targets in a certain area range (AOE). But as you still have a low level, I'd better add some Charm (CHA) to have a better effect of this skill.

Other than that, the only "advice" I would give would be to observe the amount of Passives Skills that you currently have. I think it would be better to add, or even save some skill points for when you get the 2nd Job (Mage) to add the Pierce Aural Skills and other damage. And after that, add the Passives Skills to your Mage.

#8 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thx for all u that answered and i decided to mix valor set and courage staff. I wanna ask what is the best way to farm valor points at low levels, thx

#9 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

At low levels, you can only really farm valor via the valor quests in Junon. There are low level dungeons (not sure the lowest tier -- maybe 100+?), but unless you find yourself a group of buddies, they are definitely not going to run. Like Castanho says above, you really don't need valor sets. Crafted stuff will do just fine, as will the NPC stuff or stuff you find on the ground. Valor sets just make things easier.Low valor sets are mainly used for power leveling and lowbie farmers at endgame. What server are you on?

#10 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

My serv is leonis sir/maam

Edited by digz, 12 June 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#11 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

I would give you some valor items if you were on Draco tho ^^ Some of my chars already capped 5k valor.

#12 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

Too bad im from leo xD. Thx btw

#13 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

I think everyone in clan is, trig. Never too late to switch servers, especially since you are still <100 and there is a leveling event going on. I know my visitor leveling buddies sure could use a Mage.

#14 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

My scout's stuck at lv.155 now lol

#15 digz

digz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:27 AM

Ill thnk about that xD. For now i will stay in leo and stick with reinforced set for a while

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users