Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 6/17 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 6/17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Now that we’re back to our regularly scheduled programming, this is the place to ask your questions to get answered during our tiki tuesday stream. Last week was a pretty crazy one, with testing, extended maintenance and prepping WoE TE for it’s soft launch this week. So I apologize if you asked a question and I was not able to provide a definite answer on. One benefit of running the show after maintenance on Wednesday that several tweaks and changes to the game we were able to put in based on the questions asked!

Also, I had more questions about off topic stuff asked (which really helps to pad out the length of the show) and I like answering questions about pop culture stuff.

So please ask away!
1323_large
For the album of the week, let’s go with some fun Hawaiian Luau Music!

Today’s recipe is something BBQ friendly for Father’s day or just to enjoy the summer outside grilling: The Bengal Barbeque Sauce (for chicken)!. This is a secret Island-influenced recipe smuggled out of Disneyland’s kitchens, courtesy of Tiki Central’s Food Thread

Bengal BBQ
Photo of the chicken in question!
Photo from this Disney Blog
Tonkatsu Sauce (Chicken Marinade)

Ingredients

Teriyaki Sauce 1 cup
Soy Sauce 1 cup
Red Wine Vinegar 1 tblsp.
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Sherry Cooking Wine 1/2 cup
Whole Bay Leaf 2 each
Ground Black Pepper 1 tblsp.
Fresh Ginger Root 3 tblsp.
Fresh Garlic 2 tblsp.

Preparation

Mix ingredients and marinade chicken overnight in your refrigerator.

Pour-on Tahitian Sauce (Chicken)

Ingredients

Whole Cloves 4 each
Red Wine Vinegar 1 tblsp.
Catsup 1 cup
Crushed Pineapple 1/2 cup
Pineapple Juice 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar 1/2 cup
Soy Sauce 1/2 cup
Orange Juice Conc. 1/4 cup
Water 3 tblsp.

Preparation

Simmer cloves in vinegar for 5-10 minutes. Strain cloves and add other ingredients.
Bring mixture to slow boil over medium heat.

It’s recommended to steam the chicken until the pink is gone from the middle before putting on the sauce. Optionally, grill the chicken briefly just to get the grill marks on before adding the sauce.

#2 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

Also, AMA about E3 2014!

#3 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Can you make Stunning Star Eyepatches tradable please <: You skipped my question on it happening last week qq

We can definitely look at that. 

Edited by Oda, 17 June 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

im gonna throw out a few random questions here for ya....

1. what game at E3 are you most excited about?

I am excited about Evolve and Destiny, Campitor is excited about Shroud of the Avatar

2. do you prefer cats or dogs better?

Campitor is somewhat is a cat person but he has both. I like both. 

3. does warpportal have any intentions of trying to get Terms of Service when it arrives?

We can't speak for the business/acquisition side of the company, unfortunately. 

4. can ninja get some sort of kunai pouch (like quivers for kunai)?

We requested these a long time ago so we can ask about these again. 

5. are we going to see more transformation headgears soon?

Quite possible! We should have one or two remaining, and we can request more. 

6. do you know where i ended up losing my car keys to?

The last place you look. 

#5 Kalmahro

Kalmahro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

I know we Just got the woe TE and Glast Heim update; But, its been a while since kro applied the extended lvl on their servers, when are we getting that update, of course with all the stuff around it (not only the lvl thing, the rest of nightmare instances,etc)

As a resume: will we ever get to Episode 15.2 :v?

We should be getting the level expansion and are trying to get that update around October/November. 

Edited by Oda, 17 June 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#6 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

When will you fix this lag?

Tracert reports, your ISP name and information about the when and where you experience the most lag helps us to report to our dev team and IT team that the problem is or is not coming from a user will help us a lot. 

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

When will you fix this lag?

what lag?

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

I know we Just got the woe TE and Glast Heim update; But, its been a while since kro applied the extended lvl on their servers, when are we getting that update, of course with all the stuff around it (not only the lvl thing, the rest of nightmare instances,etc)

As a resume: will we ever get to Episode 15.2 :v?

Along with heroes trials update; which kRO got like 6 months after woe TE. So keep your eyes peeled.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

1. Any word on the DirectX update from kRO? They need to hurry it up if they want to retain their customers and attract any new ones.

2. What's the update on Bounty Boards? Will you guys be adding a Low Level Bounty Board for testing soon? (Seems the Low Level Payon one is most desired.)

LOW LEVEL BOUNTY BOARDS (Level 69 and below)

Payon
-Willow
-Spore
-Snake
-Bigfoot
-Elder Willow
-Greatest General
Dungeon
-Skeleton
-Soldier Skeleton
-Archer Skeleton

Holden is currently working on this.

3. What's the update on getting the rest of the cards we're missing?

[_] Added 30 new cards. (December 21st, 2011)

Of those 30 cards, we got:

Scaraba Card (Normal)
Dolomedes Card
Miming Card
Little Phantom Card
Angra Mantis Card
Rafflesia Anoldi Card
Komodo Card
Banaspati Card
Sedora Card
Red Eruma Card

We're still missing these cards from that update:

Queen Scaraba Card (Normal)
Scaraba Card (Nightmare)
Queen Scaraba Card (Nightmare)
Parus Card
Pom Spider Card
Cendrawasih Card
Butoijo Card
Spooky Lich Card
Sropho Card
Dofle Pot Card
King Dramoh Card
Kraken Card
Monstrous Coelacanth Card
Dark Coelacanth Card
Mutated Coelacanth Card
Savage Coelacanth Card
Siorava Card
Wild Rider Card
Small Octopus Card
Giant Octopus Card

We have definitely requested these. 

#10 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

I don't know, if any of the following was answered, since the thread wasn't updated last week.

1. Is there anything being done, and/or fixed, on the Fix Description thread. There have been many posts made, yet no one has replied, & I can't even remember the last time a description was fixed. The description for the Trans Scrolls really need to be fixed. Most of us had no clue, they had buffs too, until I mentioned something about them on one of the previous maintenance threads.

Yes, every so often we clear out the old posts and empty all the old posts. 

2. I know you have been getting some new kRO updates but what about any of the old ones, so our gear is the same as there's has been for some time. Like when we finally got the FAW update. What about things like the BDM? I believe you said the contract says we have to wait 6 months, before we get the updates, but it's been much longer.

3. Can you please lower the GH Instance, level requirement to at least level 100? There is no reason people, that want to party anywhere from level 100-115, shouldn't be able to if they choose, regardless of how many want to say it can't be done. Just because the monsters level start at 130 is no reason for that to be the level requirement. We have many other quests, like ET, TT, Mora, etc..., which can't be done even solo at the required level, much less even a party in the level required.

It opens up the likelyhood of abuse unfortunately. 

4. When is Troy, & the Malandgo NPC, going to be put back in?

That is still TBD.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

3. Can you please lower the GH Instance, level requirement to at least level 100? There is no reason people, that want to party anywhere from level 100-115, shouldn't be able to if they choose, regardless of how many want to say it can't be done. Just because the monsters level start at 130 is no reason for that to be the level requirement. We have many other quests, like ET, TT, Mora, etc..., which can't be done even solo at the required level, much less even a party in the level required.

NO.

First of all, that instance is difficult even on a 150 character if they aren't well geared. Lvl 100-115 characters fresh out of gramps TIs would be useless there.

Second, you're just asking for more alts to be loaded in for farming purposes. NO.

Third, god forbid we don't have high tier/endgame content.

Instances aren't meant to be solo'd. ET wasn't meant to be solo'd. If you can solo it the GM response should be to make it harder, not allow more alts in to farm it.

Edited by Jaye, 17 June 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#12 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

I don't know, if any of the following was answered, since the thread wasn't updated last week.

Way to actually watch the broadcast.

You know, if there wasn't a Tiki Tuesday, you wouldn't be able to ask these questions in a dedicated area. They'd just get buried in the usual maint thread nonsense.

The least you could do is watch it. If they don't get a sustainable viewership they might drop it altogether.

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

couple more questions....

if you could have any one PLAYER skill in real life what skill would you choose... and why?

I would choose Warp Portal to be able to travel to my favorite places. Campitor would choose Hocus Pocus.

can you guys bring back the wall of shame so we the players can actually see when bots are banned other than simply telling us bots have been banned... people like evidence... it may encourage more players to report illegal activities....

This was a lot of time involved, and though it was a big plus for PR, it was time that could have been spent banning more bots. 

can we have no more quest that encourage botters please? id much rather have to kill 5000 event monsters to get a hat than have to collect 100 items because that actually rewards the people willing to actually do the quest vs buying the items from botters or even just buying the headgears... if i work hard for a special headgear i expect it to be a symbol of working to get it not just some trinket you can buy for a few mil zeny...

We are looking at what is happening with the items from the anniv. quest. 

Edited by Oda, 17 June 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#14 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

when will Thorn Wall be re-enabled inside woe castles? 

+ disable skills like bloody lust outside zzz 

TBD

#15 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

The wall of shame has a negative effect on the community and causes witch hunts where people intentionally try to get their enemies banned.

Is there any chance renewal can get the Eddga hat that classic just saw int heir lucky box?!

Very possible. 

#16 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

can you guys bring back the wall of shame so we the players can actually see when bots are banned other than simply telling us bots have been banned... people like evidence... it may encourage more players to report illegal activities....

You stole my question. :pif:

Do you think it could be possible to have an option to be able to buy an extra slot or 3 slots to your account? I'd rather have more slots than more accounts.

That wouldn't be a bad idea to request from HQ. 

#17 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Please start policing WoE on Classic.

please?

We can ask the GM Team to step up their patrols. Reports from the community will help them know what to look for when they can get online during WoE Hours.

#18 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9325 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Would it be possible to beef up the drop rates on the anniversary quest monsters? And maybe their spawns a little bit, it's such a grind fest to get to those 2000 points and it's not fun at all to be killing those things for hours to get a hat x-x

We will be raising the spawn rate. 

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

Would you consider splitting the forums to classic/renewal sections? New people get confused :p_swt:

#20 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

nvm.

Edited by PIayboy, 17 June 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#21 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

1. Is there anything being done, and/or fixed, on the Fix Description thread. There have been many posts made, yet no one has replied, & I can't even remember the last time a description was fixed. The description for the Trans Scrolls really need to be fixed. Most of us had no clue, they had buffs too, until I mentioned something about them on one of the previous maintenance threads.

Yes, every so often we clear out the old posts and empty all the old posts. 

2. I know you have been getting some new kRO updates but what about any of the old ones, so our gear is the same as there's has been for some time. Like when we finally got the FAW update. What about things like the BDM? I believe you said the contract says we have to wait 6 months, before we get the updates, but it's been much longer.

It opens up the likelyhood of abuse unfortunately. 

4. When is Troy, & the Malandgo NPC, going to be put back in?

That is still TBD.

I thought you guys use to comment, and/or, post when a description was fixed. Wasn't aware that you were deleting them.

As far as #3 goes I don't see how that would get abused any more then the Gramps TI's do.

Thanks Oda for the answers!

NO.

First of all, that instance is difficult even on a 150 character if they aren't well geared. Lvl 100-115 characters fresh out of gramps TIs would be useless there.

Second, you're just asking for more alts to be loaded in for farming purposes. NO.

Third, god forbid we don't have high tier/endgame content.

Instances aren't meant to be solo'd. ET wasn't meant to be solo'd. If you can solo it the GM response should be to make it harder, not allow more alts in to farm it.

I wasn't saying, or thinking that it could be solo'd, just like you said, & I have said. Parties could just as easily do it though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users