Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 6/24 [Weird Al Appreciation Station] - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 6/24 [Weird Al Appreciation Station]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

Ask your game or Weird Al related question in the thread when it goes live!

weird al

Ok, as a bit of an aside from Tiki, Trek and all that other fun stuff this week is dedicated to Mr. “Weird Al” Yankovic, perhaps one of the few artists who straight up has a ” ” in their stage name.

He’s made hit albums, had a tv show, a cult classic movie, and has survived 90% of the acts that he’s parodied. I grew up listening to Weird Al and the Beatles, my favorite albums my parents owned. For the album of the week is Weird Al’s EVEN WORSE, the parody of Michael Jackson’s seminal BAD. The album is a good mix of megahits parodies and original songs, though it’s one of the only Al records not to have a polka medley. I still have this record to this day.

Listening to Weird Al’s records and watching his feature film UHF (a classic) warped my mind and is largely responsible for my sense of humor. The image of a squashed Indiana Al fading into a grilling burger is one of the nuttiest transitions I’ve ever been privileged to watch. He’s shaved the mustache and gotten lasik surgery but in my heart he’s still the perm’d bespectacled Al from his early days.

For this week’s recipe, I will just share this. The Twinkie Weiner Sandwich invented for UHF:

Probably recommended that you cook the hot dog first, but like Weird Al himself, this is pretty much the most American thing you could eat. Now that Twinkies® have returned to the marketplace you no longer have to seek out black market Twinkie® dealers in the bad parts of town.

#2 Thmeryah

Thmeryah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLighthalzen
  • Server:Farming MvP Cards

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

:heh:

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

ive actually had a twinkie dog... i wouldnt put mustard or anything on it... but just a hotdog with a twinkie for a bun isnt really that bad...

#4 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Can you add more supply items to mail?

Bottle Grenade

Acid Bottle

^ WoE TE Biochem supplies - etc items

Light Granule

Elder Branch

^Common Rune Knight supplies - etc items

Yes we can add these this week. 

ClassicLucky02.png

Chicken hat from Classic, please!

Sure, we can look into that for future adding. 

Last question: Would you guys consider turning off drops for monsters in the TIs for that week? I think it'd help with the lag and you wouldn't have a mob of angry people when you devalue yet another item.

It's something where it would be a request for a new type of map that monsters don't drop items on. 

Edited by Oda, 24 June 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#5 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

hi i just wanna ask who and what is the reason behind choosing lighthalzen field map for mid ti?

We changed the map to a larger one because having large concentrations of monsters was bogging down the TIs. 

#6 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

why is dancer quest harder than bios

There are ways to simplify the quest, it only tracks what spot you end up on. If someone gets stuck, the GMs can also assist with that. 

#7 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

In an earlier tiki thread the following was stated:

I know we Just got the woe TE and Glast Heim update; But, its been a while since kro applied the extended lvl on their servers, when are we getting that update, of course with all the stuff around it (not only the lvl thing, the rest of nightmare instances,etc)

As a resume: will we ever get to Episode 15.2 :v?

We should be getting the level expansion and are trying to get that update around October/November.

Are we getting the whole level expansion package till Lv.175? or just the Lv.160?

The level expansion to 160 should be coming towards the end of the year, with the first part of Heroes Trail coming in before the end of the summer/early fall. 

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Heros' Trails part 1 is the next big update for us, and that came with a level 160 expansion.

why is dancer quest harder than bios

Its super easy if you know how to do it. If the announcer says "left, down, up, left!" just go left and ignore the first three steps. It only checks your final step.

Edited by Jaye, 18 June 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#9 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Would you guys consider allowing 

6120.png Face Paint; and

6123.pngSurface Paint

to be placeable in these two useless hotkeys?

30ljhva.jpg  <--------

I think it'd be really useful to keep track on how many paint's being used :( Even though the paints aren't ammos like cannonballs or arrows.

We can ask kRO about making a change to that. 

#10 sagelliv

sagelliv

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Please cert 10 next lucky box.week to get offer in buying cert10 in eden.

#11 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

The Night Sparrow Hat, Magician's Night Cap etc. were available in the cash shop for a long time and people were able to stock / +9 them and whatnot.

The plan for the remainder of the hats is some (lenghty) quest.

Do you have a plan to balance this issue?

Our plan to introduce these as rewards for completing player designed community quests either this week or next week. 

#12 xMSGx

xMSGx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Would it be possible to reset specific enchantment slots for the Red Beret? Something like the RWC accessory enchantment system.

Unfortunately the full reset is the only one that is possible for that particular headgear. 

#13 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Would it be possible to reset specific enchantment slots for the Red Beret? Something like the RWC accessory enchantment system.

you can reset the enchants with a reset stone
what is the bonus for +9ing a red beret?

It's a surprise, says Campitor.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

1. Can we put a save option back on the Archer Village Kafra? It used to be there in the past. Dunno why it was removed.

Yes. We can definitely do that. 

2. Since you guys were able to remove the drop rate penalty for iRO, why can't we have the EXP penalty for higher level monsters removed as well? There would be a lot more people leveling on the world maps if they weren't punished for being able to take down something stronger than them.

Unfortunately the penalty is something that we would not be able to change on our end like what we did with Drops. We are sending up a request to kRO to ease that penalty. 

3. Can you ask kRO to pick up the pace on the DirectX update that they're supposed to be working on? Players with modern computers would appreciate it if RO was finally optimized to run better on newer computers.

We have asked in the past, but if you have a more concrete date or update that we can ask them about it would help us to communicate what we want them to give us. 

Edited by Oda, 24 June 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#15 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

Could you add a kafra we can save at inside the WoE:TE realms? There is a lot of confusion accidently going in WoE1 castles and would save a lot of loading time moving between the realms.

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

Who is the current producer of iRO stateside? Are they forum active?

I recall it was Heimdallr, but to my knowledge he's no longer responsible for RO1.

We have two producers for RO, Holden and Campitor 

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

UHF was a good movie

I dun care whatcha all say

#18 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

fdx5li.jpg

Why are these still here? Rachel Spotlight ended months ago. I dont mind them killing the bots.

Will they ever be removed?

just a bit annoying >.>

Sure, we'll look at that. 

Edited by Oda, 24 June 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#19 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

1. Can we have overlook dungeon level limit extended to 95ish?. It is very easy to level past 85 even without turning in the quest before completing the entire quest to get the final reward. One time my sniper accidentally clicked a board and went beyond 85. If you are above 85 you can no longer enter. I hope lifting the limit can boost the popularity.

We can look at expanding the limit, but maybe not as high as 95

1. Can we disable DB and BB in orc village, orc dungeon and ant hell? Everyone knows these are homun/newbie leveling maps but some ill-minded people still DB BB there. There are many empty maps they can DB BB but they specifically choose these places.It's impossible to record replay and report them. It's ridiculous to see DB BB mobs in orc when it's spotlight. I would suggest in the future disable DB BB in orc and ant hell, and disable them in every spotlight town.

We can consider it. 

1. I know everyone is tired of seeing lag complaint but it's still there and it's bad. Like, not typical-Ro-lag bad, but like typical-RO-lag*2 bad.

The more detail you guys can provide us with is more ammo to talk to the devs and the IT team about the actual causes of latency.

Edited by Oda, 24 June 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#20 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

I found that when I equip an an RWC knife on the offhand of an assassin, I do not received the bonus atk given when equipped together with the non-slotted RWC ring.

That is to say,
main hand : +9 rwc knife offhand : +7 ice pick total atk for my character : 57 + 486
main hand : +7 ice pick offhand : +9 rwc knife total atk for my character : 57 + 396

when wearing the non-slotted rwc ring.

Can this be fixed to give the set bonus if the weapon is in the offhand too? Since technically I'm equipping both of them together.

If I am making some horrible misunderstanding somewhere on the atk, please correct me @_@

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 23 June 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#21 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

I found that when I equip an an RWC knife on the offhand of an assassin, I do not received the bonus atk given when equipped together with the non-slotted RWC ring.

That is to say,
main hand : +9 rwc knife offhand : +7 ice pick total atk for my character : 57 + 486
main hand : +7 ice pick offhand : +9 rwc knife total atk for my character : 57 + 396

when wearing the non-slotted rwc ring.

Can this be fixed to give the set bonus if the weapon is in the offhand too? Since technically I'm equipping both of them together.

If I am making some horrible misunderstanding somewhere on the atk, please correct me @_@

I could swear it used to work...

#22 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

any news on the Kagerou/Oboro alt  colors becoming available... and what the official colors will be? if they are good youll sell ALOT of omni clothing dyes

We haven't gotten word of this yet, but it's something I'll look out for. 

#23 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

could you change the rule of buying shop not to include buying price limit? it is annoying to see trolls setting buy shop but they cant buy anything since their zeny limit is lower than the buy price (like buying Ori for 180k zeny case).
i found this zeny limit rule doesnt make any sense. how come you set a buy shop but you have no money to buy it?

That wouldn't be a bad thing to ask kRO about. 

#24 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

I could swear it used to work...

I have screenies at home of the difference in atk : o

Was wondering why ice pick on the main hand did so much less damage than on the offhand.

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 23 June 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#25 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Consider keeping the jump event on Classic? It seems it's just started getting people into the game and the holidays are just about to start. 

It's staying on classic for another week. 

What will the Red Beret do on Classic? 

You will find out this week?

Edited by Oda, 24 June 2014 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users