• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ryusaizo

Ryusaizo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hello there, I have just started the game. (well waiting for download x.x) I was wondering if making a Ninja is a suitable option for a new player? What are the pro's and con's, easy to control, usefulness in solo and group play, etc? Will anyone give me advice?

#2 carnisero

carnisero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Hello there, I have just started the game. (well waiting for download x.x) I was wondering if making a Ninja is a suitable option for a new player? What are the pro's and con's, easy to control, usefulness in solo and group play, etc? Will anyone give me advice?

not suitable because you need money to maintain a ninja but go for it. Have fun with what you think you will like and you will manage to lv it somehow.

#3 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

A Ninja is not a great idea for a new player because they are actually expensive to use effectively. Their stronger magic skills all use a catalyst, throwing skills use a catalyst and the melee skills are not that good and also SP intensive. Once you have the funds necessary to sustain a Ninja then I would say go ahead and make one they are quite fun to play.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

Not to mention you need 5 Iron Ores, which commonly drop from Metalings (level 80ish), to job change.

#5 Ryusaizo

Ryusaizo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

Sorry for the looong delay in posting, got held up. I made a ninja, and I am doing just fine. Money is one issue, but i find that selling the things I find provide support. I am a throwing type, at level 56/53. All throwing skills are maxed, ninja aura is maxed, cicada skin is at 1, and so on. My stats, well i dont wanna put them up for now. Since i have been following a guide.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

My stats, well i dont wanna put them up for now. Since i have been following a guide.

Keep in mind that almost all stat build guides floating around the Internet are based on pre-Renewal mechanics and might not hold up well post-Renewal.

#7 Ryusaizo

Ryusaizo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

It seems to be holding up rather well.

Str:63
Agi:15
Dex:25
Vit:30
Luc:1
Int:14
Current equip Level 2 Eden group
Armband
Shinobi Sash
Eyepatch.

Been trying for my Ninja suit, but the issue is that abnormally low drop rate for it xD.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

It seems to be holding up rather well.

Good for you. :lol:

Been trying for my Ninja suit, but the issue is that abnormally low drop rate for it xD.

You just have to be really lucky. :(

<----Proud owner of a Shinobi set.

#9 Ryusaizo

Ryusaizo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:11 PM

Another question,about the Huuma weapons. My current weapon the eden Dagger2 has more attack power than my calm mind huuma. Is it still wise to equip the huuma? Is there some kind of bonus i dont know about for two handed weapons?

#10 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Another question,about the Huuma weapons. My current weapon the eden Dagger2 has more attack power than my calm mind huuma. Is it still wise to equip the huuma? Is there some kind of bonus i dont know about for two handed weapons?

Hummas(Fummas >_>) are for the skill throw humma shuriken which as a throwing ninja u should grab and max.

#11 Twesk

Twesk

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

I would say - no - [ like them ]

It is pretty expensive. You should start with Archer.
Because my first time 6 years ago. I was a noob but I endure it until Lv.42 then I quit [ RagnarokPH ].
Now I am starting over again and Archer is the first thing in my mind. Arrows are only 1g so.. yeah.

My opinion only. [X.X]

#12 kyuubi96

kyuubi96

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

Contrary to common belief, Ninjas aren't that expensive. It only gets expensive when you're 70+ since you don't use the high-end skills until later levels. Even throwing builds can be compensated easily if you know which monsters to kill with 1 hit. Ninjas in the beginning can use Haze Slasher/Shadow Slash combo (since smokie card would be too expensive) for KS builds. Magic Ninjas (if people still make 'em ~_~) would survive with just the first tier skills (flaming petals/freezing spear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users