Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 6/26 Start of the Database. - Page 9 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 6/26 Start of the Database.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
314 replies to this topic

#201 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

We are still looking into the current issue which caused the server to freeze.  We don't have an estimated time for the servers coming back up yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we've located the cause of the issue.

You guys are awesome, thank you for being so patent.

Any latest status?

#202 nyotnyot

nyotnyot

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationJakarta
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:30 AM

:Emo_14: im  very2 miss this game so much T^T

#203 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

I hate Red Dot :angry: . I love the Green one :bang:

#204 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Draconis & Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

3 days of maintenance :p_omg:  im so tired of waiting to get to play lol  especially after years of not playing ONLY because I didn't have a computer to play it on and now that I do I still cant play :( well gotta go to work hopefully its up and running when I get back *facedesks* Thanks everyone whose working on this trying to fix those problems. :p_swt: 

#205 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

Topic cleaned up.

#206 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

Waves at ''Bunny'' (AngelPower). And I love the cat videos u guys, they are awesome  :heh:

Edited by beachbabyc, 28 June 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#207 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hey mommy, bunny here :kis:  .

Btw genesis, leo or shaz any updates yet? :p_swt:

:thx:  for your hard work for trying to make us play again :p_hi: :p_idea:

Edited by angeltje, 28 June 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#208 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

ooooh... is it just me or did he just tell us they still have no idea what's wrong? Not to mention having no clue how to fix it yet.

Have you ever heard the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it?" Should've just left iRose alone... I still remember having to login spam because there were 6 exceeded channels... so many people playing that you had to wait for someone to log off to get their spot.

Gravity has systematically run off more and more users with each subsequent "improvement" implemented. Every time there's a server update you lose members.  Seriously... the user count is now so low that you're talking about merging the 2 remaining channels. Xita and Eldeon have become ghost towns. Goblin Caves and Luna Temple are abandoned. 

I love this game and have been involved in it in one form or another for over a decade. I even paid to play this game..for a couple years. Stop trying to "improve" something that was fully 1337 long before a lot of these kids were out of diapers. Please stop trying to "improve" this wonderful game before there's no one left to play it.

part and parcel of time and simply games moving on. Some of these improvements are what some players want.

I remember Atari and pacman, space invaders. Games in the past, were so much simpler and unsophisticated graphics.

I don't recall having internet in those days. 

Over recent years there has been one big explosion, games are capable of so much more now and i think RoseOnline should at least harness as much as is possible without losing too much of the Rose we all love.

When your saying don't update, to me, that's like taking me back to the 1970's and Folk telling me to keep my black and white television, as opposed to moving on to a nice fancy color tv.

I understand some people don't like change (I'm one of them) I don't like the upheaval of it all.

I'm hoping that once the dust settles, the game we know and love will once again come out bigger and better than before.

....and will be loved by more than one generation, but by all. For that to happen, change must come. 

#209 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

Might be I am an old player (one of those that fallan in love with the 2004 version), might be I am quite old to play games (I am 37), might be Naughty got the point really really well... thing is... I completely agree with your above post.

I admit, it's like you have been able to read my mind... thanks for putting it such simple and effective way (and in a proper English... as I am really bad at it...).

#210 xwillstoakux

xwillstoakux

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Wow...servers are still down something must have been messed up badly? does Warp Portal not keep any backup data on site? might just be quicker to restore older data and re-do the whole maintenance as we heading to 48 hours downtime now...and thats quite bad for any MMORPG....

#211 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

SO bored with Rose down, lol....Don't know what to do without it  :sob:

#212 Denaomina

Denaomina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Leo

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

I am not trying to flame or be mean at all but you say these are improvements players want?  I don't see many wanting account / items bound to each character and needing to farm or buy IM to move them to another character and in some cases they won't be able too from what I can tell.  The game isn't becoming bigger and better at all, it's a storage modification and a different control mechanism of the drop table using a roll system.  Oh can't leave out... additional IM items and paying for more storage space and drop modifications.  I too peeked back into the game and started playing some again but find it to be kinda what I see others saying ... a ghost town.   My experience taking a toon I didn't have leveled and leveling it the past couple weeks has been finding most just run bots, most all that I partied with turned out to in the end turning on some bot thing of some sort.  At first I thought it was people playing but after about 15 min it seemed they where all afk.  This happened not just one time but basically most all the parties I joined while leveling up.  

The game being down like it is doesn't help keep players around either so I can see how many are frustrated.  If they are at a point they can't figure it out, the best solution would be to take out the patch and do a roll back to the server state it was in before it was all added.  Then take the state of the server with current patch and apply it to their sandbox testing server and work it from there till they can find the cause of the problem.  That or let many give up and call it quits for good on the game.  I know there are die hards out there and will accept it and that is fine too, but I'm glad I only casual play this game.

I know the staff is trying and being so limited on a few trying to figure it out doesn't help.  They are put in a tough spot and turning money is they end goal but there is too much more developed and better backed games out there to compete with.  I do feel for them, but given where they are at in this moment, I would think the best solution would be to return it to the pre state it was in and try and reproduce it using a full copy of the current game server, then implement it again when the bad code or calls show itself.  This might not be what some want and I know many want the inventory abilities added but at what cost.  Change is needed but it needs to be positive, currently this was already negative and just getting worse with the downtime due to a coding problem somewhere if I where to guess.   

#213 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:03 AM

Naughty I understand change must come but why so many in such a short amount of time?  I feel that almost the time I get used to one change you are already making another  :wall:

#214 nvrsydie

nvrsydie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

i was wondering..... what is the use of PEGASUS? they did a lot of testing before this...

#215 hjvg

hjvg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

i was wondering..... what is the use of PEGASUS? they did a lot of testing before this...

there are a lot more people on the live server then on the test server. there are Always things you dont notice in testing. and then every server is acting a little bit difrent.

and also the total down time of warpportal servers did not help this maintance.

i think gm`s are doing wat they can tho fix it fast as possible.

#216 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

I wonder.. if they able to reproduce this error/fault/issue in Pegagus.. and then try to fix it there while they roll back to v 508 for Draconis/Leonis and let us continue playing first? wouldnt that be a better solution?

#217 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

SO bored with Rose down, lol....Don't know what to do without it :sob:

you can always go to the coke museum, or maybe lake lanier to chill or stone mountain is always a good idea ....

#218 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I am not trying to flame or be mean at all but you say these are improvements players want? I don't see many wanting account / items bound to each character and needing to farm or buy IM to move them to another character and in some cases they won't be able too from what I can tell. The game isn't becoming bigger and better at all, it's a storage modification and a different control mechanism of the drop table using a roll system. Oh can't leave out... additional IM items and paying for more storage space and drop modifications. I too peeked back into the game and started playing some again but find it to be kinda what I see others saying ... a ghost town. My experience taking a toon I didn't have leveled and leveling it the past couple weeks has been finding most just run bots, most all that I partied with turned out to in the end turning on some bot thing of some sort. At first I thought it was people playing but after about 15 min it seemed they where all afk. This happened not just one time but basically most all the parties I joined while leveling up.

The game being down like it is doesn't help keep players around either so I can see how many are frustrated. If they are at a point they can't figure it out, the best solution would be to take out the patch and do a roll back to the server state it was in before it was all added. Then take the state of the server with current patch and apply it to their sandbox testing server and work it from there till they can find the cause of the problem. That or let many give up and call it quits for good on the game. I know there are die hards out there and will accept it and that is fine too, but I'm glad I only casual play this game.

I know the staff is trying and being so limited on a few trying to figure it out doesn't help. They are put in a tough spot and turning money is they end goal but there is too much more developed and better backed games out there to compete with. I do feel for them, but given where they are at in this moment, I would think the best solution would be to return it to the pre state it was in and try and reproduce it using a full copy of the current game server, then implement it again when the bad code or calls show itself. This might not be what some want and I know many want the inventory abilities added but at what cost. Change is needed but it needs to be positive, currently this was already negative and just getting worse with the downtime due to a coding problem somewhere if I where to guess.

so agree, so many players rejecting the bound items idea, yet the devs not listening. Than why ask our opinions ???? Waste of time ... Its all about the IM babyyy ... Pay more ,,, more and moree soon zulie is available at the IM stores :(

#219 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Might be I am an old player (one of those that fallan in love with the 2004 version), might be I am quite old to play games (I am 37), might be Naughty got the point really really well... thing is... I completely agree with your above post.

I admit, it's like you have been able to read my mind... thanks for putting it such simple and effective way (and in a proper English... as I am really bad at it...).

Thank you for saying this Drake. 

I am not trying to flame or be mean at all but you say these are improvements players want?  I don't see many wanting account / items bound to each character and needing to farm or buy IM to move them to another character and in some cases they won't be able too from what I can tell.  The game isn't becoming bigger and better at all, it's a storage modification and a different control mechanism of the drop table using a roll system.  Oh can't leave out... additional IM items and paying for more storage space and drop modifications.  I too peeked back into the game and started playing some again but find it to be kinda what I see others saying ... a ghost town.   My experience taking a toon I didn't have leveled and leveling it the past couple weeks has been finding most just run bots, most all that I partied with turned out to in the end turning on some bot thing of some sort.  At first I thought it was people playing but after about 15 min it seemed they where all afk.  This happened not just one time but basically most all the parties I joined while leveling up.  

The game being down like it is doesn't help keep players around either so I can see how many are frustrated.  If they are at a point they can't figure it out, the best solution would be to take out the patch and do a roll back to the server state it was in before it was all added.  Then take the state of the server with current patch and apply it to their sandbox testing server and work it from there till they can find the cause of the problem.  That or let many give up and call it quits for good on the game.  I know there are die hards out there and will accept it and that is fine too, but I'm glad I only casual play this game.

I know the staff is trying and being so limited on a few trying to figure it out doesn't help.  They are put in a tough spot and turning money is they end goal but there is too much more developed and better backed games out there to compete with.  I do feel for them, but given where they are at in this moment, I would think the best solution would be to return it to the pre state it was in and try and reproduce it using a full copy of the current game server, then implement it again when the bad code or calls show itself.  This might not be what some want and I know many want the inventory abilities added but at what cost.  Change is needed but it needs to be positive, currently this was already negative and just getting worse with the downtime due to a coding problem somewhere if I where to guess.   

Like a few things in life, it's a case of give and take. Gravity have every right to do as they please to the game. All we can do as players is attempt to advise them.

Propose, suggest, negotiate. We wont win what we want every single time, but we do some of the time.

I am content for it to be like that. 

I'm sure we all have our own personal views on how we imagine the game should be. Some how we all have to mix that all up and get along.

I would not like to be in Gravity's position, imagine trying to please people, from all walks of life, from all over the World and of all different ages.

Just think, there are husbands all over the world, who struggle to just please one person aka the wife. Imagine that x 5000 :P

Naughty I understand change must come but why so many in such a short amount of time?  I feel that almost the time I get used to one change you are already making another  :wall:

Just so there is no misunderstanding. I am a player just like you, i just volunteer some time to Gravity to moderate.

I get what your saying, i too feel like i cant keep up with the changes and i do get frustrated with that.

There is a plus side to it all though, it's clear they are going to update/change the game, the quicker they do that, will be the quicker i can get back to enjoying the game and for things to settle back down.

It's like i'm going to be given an injection in the butt cheek and i'm all ready, eye's tightly closed, cheeks clenched >.> sooner it's done the better!

#220 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:44 AM

so agree, so many players rejecting the bound items idea, yet the devs not listening. Than why ask our opinions ???? Waste of time ... Its all about the IM babyyy ... Pay more ,,, more and moree soon zulie is available at the IM stores :(

Yes!!!

Hope devs don't take my opnion so negative, but this bounding is the most idiot idea i've seen lately. Just an stupid addcit to justify one more item mall incoming. And as you said, lot of players reject this and they don't give a s****.

What wold be interesting, turning char/acc bounded faith items once its equiped, things like these.

And so... omg, the weekend is already running on, and nothing about the server get up???

#221 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

I'm assuming they messed up something bad and don't know how to fix it.

#222 ojolali

ojolali

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

why servers of yesterday can not be resolved,I can not log'in for 24 hours?

#223 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

why servers of yesterday can not be resolved,I can not log'in for 24 hours?

A few hours ago, Genesis gave an update on page 9 of this Topic

We are still looking into the current issue which caused the server to freeze.  We don't have an estimated time for the servers coming back up yet, but we'll let you know as soon as we've located the cause of the issue.

You guys are awesome, thank you for being so patient.

#224 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

Hey random off topic question here:  How do you guys copy part or all of what a person said in a previous comment so others know exactly what part of it you are responding to....  :questionmark:

#225 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hey random off topic question here: How do you guys copy part or all of what a person said in a previous comment so others know exactly what part of it you are responding to.... :questionmark:

The quote button bottom right of the posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users