Random Topic Because Bored - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Random Topic Because Bored

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

Having a decent look at some of the more scenic locations in-game, I've been wondering why the engine limits camera panning as it does. Implementing a rudimentary 1 or 2 layer skybox, scaling back the fog, and allowing the camera to be lowered slightly further, thereby allowing players to have an almost over-the-shoulder perspective, would really showcase the wonderful art assets littered over the world and would spice up our screenshots immeasurably.

You see advertising packages from Gravity with photoshopped-in skyboxes all the time, along with stuff like this:

BvpeTFp.png

Just look at that amazing landscape, and the attention to detail! There's so much in this game that we CAN'T FRIGGING SEE due to the horrible camera.

Imagine panning over Glast Heim from the entrance to GH Castle, or the top of Pharos Lighthouse, or some place like the waterfall at Brasilis!

So much wasted potential.

What do you guys think is the most scenic spot in RO? What kind of stuff would you like to be able to pan down and see, but can't?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 25 June 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#2 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

i remember waaaaaay back, that you could get the camera almost behind you horizontally, it did feel awesome, but it was a pain in the ass to move around

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

Because lazy programmers are lazy.

#4 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

There are tooo many. well the first on pop up in my head is Kunlun (or Gonryun). I love Niff as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users