Patch v. 509/510! Storage & Drop System Update~ - Page 8 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch v. 509/510! Storage & Drop System Update~

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1273 replies to this topic

#176 DevineEvil

DevineEvil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

leonis worked for 5 min my char froze and couldnt move. now i cant get into either server. i tried closing the client i tried different clients nothing works. please help.

#177 SpeschlForse

SpeschlForse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

I was in almost a half hour in OT, Orlo and marsh of ghosts - with 230 lvl i get drops from grey colored mobs in  Marsh Of Ghosts. It drops  and alot materials that are sold by NPC. At Oblivion Temple i got with a 130 champ alot good items much chems and a Appealing Neacklace/earing 20charm/ mdef  from a Mummy commander.  At orlo i drived around and didnt found any kings in wasteland southeast and wasteland ruins path and more mats that are sold by NPC. Quantity over +1  is on all dirtys.

Is that the final drop table update ?. 

#178 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

I was in almost a half hour in OT, Orlo and marsh of ghosts - with 230 lvl i get drops from grey colored mobs in  Marsh Of Ghosts. It drops  and alot materials that are sold by NPC. At Oblivion Temple i got with a 130 champ alot good items much chems and a Appealing Neacklace/earing 20charm/ mdef  from a Mummy commander.  At orlo i drived around and didnt found any kings in wasteland southeast and wasteland ruins path and more mats that are sold by NPC. Quantity over +1  is on all dirtys.

I believe its also because of the temporary drop rate x2 which they giving us because of this unintended extended server downtime.. hence why getting so many good drops.. :)

#179 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

This was my concern. Leonis replied to me regarding this topic and eluded to the drops being closer to how they've been intended than ever before.

jagz, I understand what you're saying, but the drop system is a complete revamp, including a redesign of the drop tables. We will, of course, be watching for feedback regarding the new settings, and tweaking them along the way, but the basic design is working much closer to what we hoped to achieve in the end.  :)

If there is enough feedback stating the obvious NPC EQ mountains, perhaps they'll make a change.  

Here is a post I made regarding that: 

Went to a random 200-220 monster and clicked:

Spoiler

#180 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Is the root of the problem the vast array of equipment? http://forums.warppo...date/?p=1827673

Sometimes they don't like my input as i'll let them know something before the server is even live. Alas, EQ mountains. Saw that a mile away.

As you say EQ mountains could be possible but I know we have double drop rate too atm for the weekend - but yes the number of drops with the new drop table system should mean we get more quantity and additional, different drops in all locations.

I think that this will be ok as it means we can do more attempts at crafting with the drops etc so dealers will be happy to buy and try more crafting and upgrades which is always good for the ingame economy.

I'm not a programmer but surely just having a larger number of items in the drop table wouldn't slow the system too much or cause major issues in game performance?

I can appreciate that the processing of the table may take a fraction longer to be calculated and would think that should it be this causing a problem then it should be a case of rewriting this section to smooth out any delays?

#181 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

I think that this will be ok as it means we can do more attempts at crafting with the drops etc so dealers will be happy to buy and try more crafting and upgrades which is always good for the ingame economy.

My sole problem is the obscene amount of drops of item's already readily available in the NPC

#182 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:19 PM

My sole problem is the obscene amount of drops of item's already readily available in the NPC

Oh, I didn't realise/notice that the drops were of mats available from NPC's.

If the majority of the drops are NPC available mats and not other mats, then that could turn out to be a problem

and that the new drop table is not going to be as good as I first thought they'd planned.

#183 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

5 Green Dot means GO :heh:

#184 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Not really, the servers are still screwed up as hell. Alot of people i know keep getting Server is disconnected soon as they click Draconis.

#185 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

I advise to wait with login till devs or shaz say its fixed.

#186 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

How about you going to dc after you click a vend? :p_sleep:

#187 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

The Servers are a bit sporadic... they are not fully stable and the our development team is working on a fix to stop them from crashing. 

If you are able to log in, please play normally and let us know if you experience any issues. Our team would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks a lot guys for your patience and cooperation.

#188 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

The Servers are a bit sporadic... they are not fully stable and the our development team is working on a fix to stop them from crashing. 

If you are able to log in, please play normally and let us know if you experience any issues. Our team would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks for the update, Shaz. If there are issues, do you want them posted in here or in the bug section or what? 

#189 xwillstoakux

xwillstoakux

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

Steam launcher seems to be stuck at Checking Warportal again...

#190 DevineEvil

DevineEvil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

few things to look at shaz. i did the alt u thing and it wouldnt let me change back, the instant disconnect when you pick a server, when i clicked on shop in junon i got stuck and couldnt do anything, and freezing in generl

#191 bemyboys

bemyboys

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

All my MoR was gone & i didnt see it selling in Item Mall too?

#192 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

epics drop like flees in dungeons now - is this intended?

#193 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

I already tested the drop rate awhile ago. Mats are good, Epic remains hard to get even I kill 10+ kings in Orlo even there a 2x drop event and wearing costume. I think that's why there's a new medal released. Zulie drop is not fix. Lets say for example Mobs/Kings drop 2k zulie and pressing CTRL Tab to see but when u pick it up you will get 1k zulie.

#194 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

3epics in 30min farming - wanna say its balanced?

#195 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

drops system is wack, getting drops from blue monsters?

level range wasnt applied?

#196 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

All my MoR was gone & i didnt see it selling in Item Mall too?

That is actually part of the update, and why they have new medals. The old medals apparently don't work with the new drop system. Should have more info on the first page about that.

#197 GooglyEyes

GooglyEyes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Game froze after finishing a dungeon and error message came up saying the rose disk is missing ? :D

#198 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

Looks like we are getting new weapon if they are leaving the epic so common right now, I get epic drops like mad, funny thing is you even get epic from regular mobs.

#199 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draco

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

ye seems like epics can drop from anything, not just kings .______.

#200 Simpel

Simpel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

haha servr is getting overflow now and economy will be ruined I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users