Class Specific Headgear Foundry - Autumn Hairband - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Specific Headgear Foundry - Autumn Hairband

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#26 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

Sura hat doesn't even work at all. I was actually looking forward to the auto fallen empire on dragon combo.

#27 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sura hat doesn't even work at all. I was actually looking forward to the auto fallen empire on dragon combo.

/\

#28 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Ok, if there is a bug with the hat not working at all, if you can give me the character name that is wearing it (so we know your level/stats) and what monsters you are fighting and we will replicate the error. 

#29 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

new better claws/knuckles would promote the use of knuckles.

Won't disagree that would be better; but I somehow don't expect kRO will do it, lol.

#30 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

new better claws/knuckles would promote the use of knuckles.

Would be nice if the hat gave the Weapon Perfection effect for knuckles at least. Their current size modifier isn't helping them when a mace gives 100% for the two common sizes.

Edited by AhinaReyoh, 10 July 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#31 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:retired

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Ok, if there is a bug with the hat not working at all, if you can give me the character name that is wearing it (so we know your level/stats) and what monsters you are fighting and we will replicate the error. 

While you are at it oda look into the +9 Harvester hat too. I find the +15% buff to CC isn't working either. Anyone else having this problem?

.I tested having no weapon on and equiiping the hat on/off, pretty much the same damage damage before and after. Details are on a ticket I sent 5 days and still waiting for an official response....

#32 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Ordinary Black Magician Hat [1]

Increases Crimson Rock, Jack Frost, Earth Strain, and Chain Lightning damage by 5%

Magical attacks bypass the defense of normal monsters by 10%

Each upgrade increases magic defense bypass by an additional 2%

If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases Crimson Rock, Jack Frost, Earth Strain, and Chain Lightning damage by an additional 5%

If upgraded to +9 or higher, increases MATK by 5%

Defense: 25

Required Level: 100

Job: Warlock

I like this hat. It seems aimed to Warlocks on their early levels.

Sadly, the MATK increase of +10% on all around spells and +5% MATK @ +9 upgrade level & 28% MDEF piercing @ +9 upgrade level is too low against high level monsters, less to say against MvPs.

Old Moon Rabbit Hat is still the best bet for PvM purposes.

Pre-renewal had Piercing Staff that was pretty good for leveling/PvM purposes... sadly, Renewal has not such thing.

If there's a chance for it, would it be possible to increase the piercing damage and MATK boost? perhaps double it? I see that other headgears have a higher % damage increase and I think it would be fair to at least double the MATK/Piercing boost for Warlock Headgear in order to make Warlocks more desirable on TI Parties.

Thank you.

Edited by Mulder1, 10 July 2014 - 06:56 PM.

#33 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

Itachi`

I was testing it out on monsters in Niff2.

The chat window shows 2 different red messages showing up.
  • Skill is tied of [Raging Trifecta Blow]
This one means I tried to use Dragon Combo again too quickly, and the skill failed because of that.
  • Skill is tied of [Dragon Combo]
This message normally shows up if you try to use Fallen Empire too quickly after Dragon Combo. In this video, I ONLY used Dragon Combo, so these messages indicate that the hat is TRYING to proc, but the Fallen Empire from that proc fails, because it's used too quickly after Dragon Combo.

There are 2 problems with this:
1. It only procs ~10% of the time, instead of 100% of the time, like it's supposed to.
2. When it does proc, it's impossible for it to work, because there's zero delay between the Dragon Combo and Fallen Empire.

#34 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1800 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

Change +7 effect of Focus Beret to something that's actually useful for TC Suras please. Aspd is useless on a TC Sura unless you've got ridiculous amounts of Agi and Dex. Increasing HP or Atk by a small amount for every ~5 points of base Agi or Dex would be a nice replacement.

#35 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Well if you increase atk based on agi, it certainly would help combo sura too, which was the project goal.

#36 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Autumn Hairband [1]

Current effects:
When using the skill Wind Walk, SP consumption  -20.
Increase long distance Physical attack by 5%.
If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases ATK by 2 for every 5 base INT
If upgraded to +9 or higher,, increases Arrow Storm damage additionally by 2% for every its BaseLV 10 .

Original Proposed effects: 

Headgear Upper / Ranger only / Lv.100 / Slot1 / Weight20 / DEF10 / Possible to refine / Not possible to destroy

Increases Fire trap and ice trap damage by 50%.

Reduced damage done by arrow storm by 50%.

If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases ATK by 5 for every 5 base INT.

If upgraded to +9 or higher, increases Fire Trap and Ice Trap damage by an additional 25%

The development team has told us that it was not possible to modify the damage for the fire and ice traps, so we are looking for other ways to make that work or to seek alternative effects that would still help trap rangers. 

Burning already lowers mdef by 25%, and freezing lowers def by 10%. So why not add additional effects like "Decreases a targets mdef and def by 75%/50%."

The numbers could be tweaked of course to maximize damage and make the build viable, if its added as an effect like that it would probably be additive to the burning/freezing effect (it wouldn't be a flat 100% decrease of mdef, it would decrease 25% or 75% first, and then decrease whichever wasn't used second, so it wouldn't be too strong, but should allow for a decent damage increase to make them useable).

Pro: Greatly increased trap damage and viability

Con: Due to them not being able to add effects to a trap skill (at least thats how I understood it), it would mean a ranger could probably shoot his target to lower the def/mdef and then trap.

Of course, if they can just lower fire/water resistance instead of mdef/def, then that would be better and should solve the issue of killing with arrows. The arrow storm damage nerf would need to be added back in though for certain.

Edit - Also Oda, I hope you plan on going over old hat effects too. The WL one needs to be changed. WL's are getting gimped left and right, and they need to not be hated so much by kRO >>

Edited by Tkwan, 11 July 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#37 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

I don't think warlocks are gimped? They do pretty good in most endgame content. They cannot mvp or solo nightmare instances, but neither can 95% of the other classes, but this is by design. You can't really use iro custom gramps ti usefulness as the litmus for everything.

Give some specific examples of why warlock is not useful, say, killing scaraba with a priest, or enjoying a spot in a full party (of around four) For glast heim instance. THen we can target buffs that will help in those situations. Make sense?

#38 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

For the ranger trapper hat, I would say giving small increases to INT and STR, while providing a little bit of SP leech like a rideword hat / vanargand would be good. Nothing overly crazy, just maybe up to +8 INT/STR when the hat is refined to +12, since giving someone over ~20 of any stat just from just a hat is ridiculous. INT and STR won't be super good for bow rangers so it won't be a big balance breaker. The SP leech should probably be worse than Rideword / Vanargand so that those two hats remain relevant. Also adding in a little bit of resistance for tanking.

Something roughly like this:

Autumn Headband [1]

Base stats:

-4 STR
-4 INT

+2% Neutral Resistance
+2% Resistance against Brute and Insect monsters

For every refine level:

+1 STR
+1 INT

If refined to +7 or higher:

additional +2% Neutral Resistance
additional +2% Resistance against Brute and Insect monsters

If refined to +9 or higher:

There is a 1% chance to recover 6% of your damage as SP.

#39 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

I don't think warlocks are gimped? They do pretty good in most endgame content. They cannot mvp or solo nightmare instances, but neither can 95% of the other classes, but this is by design. You can't really use iro custom gramps ti usefulness as the litmus for everything.

Give some specific examples of why warlock is not useful, say, killing scaraba with a priest, or enjoying a spot in a full party (of around four) For glast heim instance. THen we can target buffs that will help in those situations. Make sense?

I wasn't really counting gramps at all.

With renewal, the magic formula changed immensely. All magic classes got nerfed. Sorc's still got good damage combined with survivability. Warlocks on the other hand are no longer the glass cannons they were pre-renewal, are the glass before the cannon can fire. Their survivability is atrocious. Their solo capability is low, and to even have a chance at solo survival they HAVE to sacrifice skills to get safety wall, which of course they have to cast over and over and over and over on top of casting skills. Their only defense is literally safety wall with the introduction of fixed casting and the change to the magic formula.

As kRO wont remove the fixed casting, and they wont increase WL HP, the next best thing is these hats to help them. I know what changes I would like to see to the WL hat, but it would be more damage focused, rather than survivability focused.

My proposals to the WL hat would be to add a skill that works like the sura zen, and cast all 4 summon elements at once. If an effect/skill wasn't added in this hat, then it should be added asap in the WL skill list.

The other thing I would propose to it was either an increase from 5% to 10% on the elemental damage skills, OR a cooldown reduction/cast reduction to Comet AND a CDR/cast reduction to Tetra.

But like I said, what the WL's really need is more survivability.

Thats my opinion on the WL class/hat.

Autumn Headband [1]

Base stats:

-4 STR
-4 INT

+2% Neutral Resistance
+2% Resistance against Brute and Insect monsters

For every refine level:

+1 STR
+1 INT

If refined to +7 or higher:

additional +2% Neutral Resistance
additional +2% Resistance against Brute and Insect monsters

If refined to +9 or higher:

There is a 1% chance to recover 6% of your damage as SP.

That sounds like a typical kRO hat. I would NEVER switch my ranger to a trapper if these were what the hat gave, thats underpowered for a trapper, while it does focus on only assisting trappers and not bow rangers, its way underpowered.

You would need to add more neutral resistance, and forgo the +9 bonus for something else. An SP boost like that wouldn't seem good enough as a +9 bonus.

Edit - Also, I don't think the stat bonus is high enough. At +9 you would only be adding an additional 5 stats. That + that SP boost wouldn't make me desire to get it to +9.

Edited by Tkwan, 11 July 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#40 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

Could you do something weird with the ranger hats and have it give like... trap research lvl 20 or something. Since that's in most of the trap formulas? lol

#41 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

That sounds like a typical kRO hat. I would NEVER switch my ranger to a trapper if these were what the hat gave, thats underpowered for a trapper, while it does focus on only assisting trappers and not bow rangers, its way underpowered.

You would need to add more neutral resistance, and forgo the +9 bonus for something else. An SP boost like that wouldn't seem good enough as a +9 bonus.

Edit - Also, I don't think the stat bonus is high enough. At +9 you would only be adding an additional 5 stats. That + that SP boost wouldn't make me desire to get it to +9.

I don't think the hats should make rangers all switch to trapper build. It's more for making it an OPTION. Trying to out dps one of the highest dps PVM builds with another build is a bad idea and just horrible for balance. Not to mention a ranger has enough skill points for BOTH arrow storm and fire trap anyway. The advantages of a trapper build is better reductions (shield + shield card and garment card) and HP leech from a weapon. It is NOT meant to out DPS arrow storm under regular circumstances, maybe only match 70-80% of the DPS while being much tankier.

Just use other hats as reference on whether it is overpowered or underpowered. It should not make other hats completely obsolete. Palace Guard hat should remain having higher neutral resist. Vanargand and Rideword Hat should still have higher SP leech. The hat should also not give too many stats or it'd be in god item territory (see bris, mjolnir as reference). It should roughly only give as much stats as a King Poring Hat.

Edited by kasshin, 11 July 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#42 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]

Reduce Ranged Damage by 50%

If users Base STR is over 100, INT +10 for every Refine Level

If upgraded to +7, Increase ATK by 3 for every 12 INT

If upgraded to +9

+20 INT, Increase STR by 1 for every Refine Level.

Reduce Ranged Damage by an Additional 50%.

Reducing Ranged Damage all together rather than just reducing Arrow Storm Damage should balance out massive amount of INT given by the hat. Players leveling with Traps would not be using Bows since the Ranged Damage does not effect Trap Damage.

Edited by Riakuta, 11 July 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#43 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

I am 99.99% sure that any hat that gives a stupid amount of any stat is going to be vetoed by Oda / GMs or by kRO. The GH shoes are a proc and also drain SP, not a permanent thing.

#44 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

I am 99.99% sure that any hat that gives a stupid amount of any stat is going to be vetoed by Oda / GMs or by kRO. The GH shoes are a proc and also drain SP, not a permanent thing.

It's like giving 120 free STR to a warlock - what's bad about giving massive INT to rangers; it 1) Adds "exactly" 50% damage to all traps 2) Doesn't abuse anything 3) Easily coded and tweakable (counter MATK, MDEF, SP regen effects by reducing it)

It gives the intended original effect, and it's way more easier than like doubling trap research effect. Giving 120 stat just sounds absurd, we just need to look over that fact it's really nothing 

#45 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

It's like giving 120 free STR to a warlock - what's bad about giving massive INT to rangers; it 1) Adds "exactly" 50% damage to all traps 2) Doesn't abuse anything 3) Easily coded and tweakable (counter MATK, MDEF, SP regen effects by reducing it)

It gives the intended original effect, and it's way more easier than like doubling trap research effect. Giving 120 stat just sounds absurd, we just need to look over that fact it's really nothing

Autumn Hairband [1]

Reduce Ranged Damage by 50%

INT +10 for every Refine Level

If upgraded to +7, Increase ATK by 3 for every 12 INT

If upgraded to +9

+20 INT, Increase STR by 1 for every Refine Level.

Reduce Ranged Damage by an Additional 50%.

Reducing Ranged Damage all together rather than just reducing Arrow Storm Damage should balance out massive amount of INT given by the hat. Players leveling with Traps would not be using Bows since the Ranged Damage does not effect Trap Damage.

INT increase should be based on base INT so it increases 50% and 25% exactly, respectively (following Inu's original proposal)

By giving +120 INT directly, a ranger can go trap build anytime even though their stats are made for ranged; a 120 base DEX, 1 base INT with +120 bonus INT is directly a 100% increase in trap damage

Edited by michaeleeli, 11 July 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#46 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

As stated before, it does more than increase the damage of the traps when you add 150 INT to the character. It has a potential for unseen abuse, especially with future content from kRO. Its ultimately a bad idea.

Be a little more creative. There are other ways to make trap leveling incentivized other than increasing damage. For example, "Ranged Damage -90%. Increase the healing rate of 'meat' by +400%. When receiving damage, there is a high chance to receive DEF +1500 for 10 seconds. When unequipped, drains 4000 HP." (the last part to de-incentivize equipping the hat just to pot and then taking it off).

So oh, there, you have a headgear that makes a trap ranger super tanky for mobs and easy to heal on the cheap. Lots of noobs will go trap build just to solo cheap&easy. This leaves AS for the turn ins, a separate use/build.

Edited by Jaye, 11 July 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#47 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Along the lines of what Jaye is talking about, I think it would be more productive to think of ideas that will make trapper builds more desirable if the skills themselves can't be buffed.  I was thinking it might be cool if the hat could increase weight limit by X for X levels of Trap Research or something like that.  Maybe also something like deal X% more damage to all monsters when a shield is equipped?

#48 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

As stated before, it does more than increase the damage of the traps when you add 150 INT to the character. It has a potential for unseen abuse, especially with future content from kRO. Its ultimately a bad idea.

Be a little more creative. There are other ways to make trap leveling incentivized other than increasing damage. For example, "Ranged Damage -90%. Increase the healing rate of 'meat' by +400%. When receiving damage, there is a high chance to receive DEF +1500 for 10 seconds. When unequipped, drains 4000 HP." (the last part to de-incentivize equipping the hat just to pot and then taking it off).

So oh, there, you have a headgear that makes a trap ranger super tanky for mobs and easy to heal on the cheap. Lots of noobs will go trap build just to solo cheap&easy. This leaves AS for the turn ins, a separate use/build.

What about a round about way to increase Trap Damage.

Autumn Hairband [1]

Reduce Ranged Damage by 100%

When using Fire Trap or Ice Trap increase Atk by 500 for 5 seconds

If upgraded to +7, Increase ATK by 5 for every 10 INT

If upgraded to +9

Increase Cluster Bomb Damage by 50%

When using Fire Trap or Ice Trap increase Atk by 750 for 5 seconds [Replaces First Effect]

When the hat is unequipped if the Atk bonus is active it will be removed upon removal of the hat.

This may not be the 50% Bonus Damage everyone is looking for, but with atk % Items it could be?

#49 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]

If upgraded to +9

When using Fire Trap or Ice Trap increase Atk by 750 for 5 seconds [Replaces First Effect]

When the hat is unequipped if the Atk bonus is active it will be removed upon removal of the hat.

This may not be the 50% Bonus Damage everyone is looking for, but with atk % Items it could be?

I think something like this would work well actually. The attack bonus might be high, that would need some toying with to find some decent numbers. And imo, the +9 cluster bomb bonus should be some form of survivability bonus instead. Neutral resist, or additional def/mdef, or something along those lines.

#50 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

Autumn Hairband [1]

If upgraded to +9

I like that you are thinking of alternatives, but let's remember what Oda said. A lot of effects were rejected by kRO because they required new coding server-side. Basically, look at your proposed effect, and ask yourself "does something in-game already do this?"

Reduce Ranged Damage by 100% -- Probably possible.

When using Fire Trap or Ice Trap increase Atk by 500 for 5 seconds -- There aren't any gears in game that trigger a "Proc for X seconds" when a specific skill is actively used. This is probably not likely to be approved.

If upgraded to +7, Increase ATK by 5 for every 10 INT -- So +50 ATK? Better make it intervals of 20 so the server counts less and 120 has a bigger reward. This seems doable.

If upgraded to +9, Increase Cluster Bomb Damage by 50% -- Probably doable.

If upgraded to +9, When using Fire Trap or Ice Trap increase Atk by 750 for 5 seconds [Replaces First Effect] -- Same as above. Also "replaces other effect" doesn't really have a precedent, probably impossible atm.

When the hat is unequipped if the Atk bonus is active it will be removed upon removal of the hat. -- No precedent for ending a proc window when a gear comes off afaik.

--------------

Autumn Hairband [1]

Ranged Damage -90%.

When receiving damage, there is a 3% chance to increase ATK by 200 for 5 seconds.

For every 2 refinements of the hat past 6, increase rate of activation by 1%.

If refinement is +7 or higher, Increase ATK by 10 for every 20 base INT.

If refinement is +9 or higher, increase recovery rate of healing items by 100%.

When the headgear is unequipped, drain 4000 HP and 400 SP.

Edited by Jaye, 11 July 2014 - 09:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users