Assasin Report, Current bugs,Opinions,nerfs,Suggestion 2014 Edition - Assassin - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Assasin Report, Current bugs,Opinions,nerfs,Suggestion 2014 Edition

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hello All Assassins. Since the last Vcr Term Intra and ballz Did put down most of our faults/fixes/current bug problems. Currently we still have some bugs affecting us and most of us would like to throw down some skill changes and fixes.

CURRENT SKILLS THAT NEED FIX

Shadow assault - Randomly Teleports you to to the moon or to a Random location on the map. I haven't been affected by it since 2 patches ago. Would like to hear if any others have been affected by it!

Hide -  Currently when you go to colo or if you go to woe in certain area's you will get a heads up that says Cannot use skills here. The only way to get out of it is to get hit by an AOE or spam your skills till you can use them.

Shadow Form-   Players have reported other classes with HIGH movment seeds can out run our class even with Decent seed, shadow form and hiding exceed. 

Cross impact  - Players have suggested Lowering the animation/cooldown Or giving it More attack power, Or both. Others have opted for Removing the skill all together.

CURRENT SKILLS THAT NEED LOOKING OVER

Double Attack , Deadly Blow , Poison wep (waiting on Class update for this),  Grimtooth , Shadow Fang, MARK OF GENOCIDE MORE LIKE MARK OF LOL .  Cross impact.

I am looking for more information on the active player community. I only have My own testing i do on my own but being a VRC is not about just me its about all the sin community. So if u guys have any changes to skills, Bugs that i'm not aware of please post here.

Other things that i want to push as a VRC that isnt related to my class

Removing/Nerfing seeds

Fixing the def % so not all classes are a tank

FPS issues

Increassing the EXP we get at ML, Lowering MP required to level. or both ???

Ect

Hopefully i can hear from you guys and lets hope for a good discussion! please post here so i can compile things in to my report. Thank you and happy hunting!

https://docs.google....Ynfw/edit?pli=1 <-- My first report

Edited by deathcauser, 17 July 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#2 IronOrc

IronOrc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Shadow assault: Flying across the map while using it in combat is still in effect. It can be used just before combat and if you're lucky during combat...there is some sequence during the combat that causes you to fly around...both inside dungeons or out in the field.

I don't bother with PVP anymore so I wouldn't know about colo' issues (it was fun while it lasted)

Never noticed the issue with being out ran...is that during colo stuff as well or out in the field?

Cross Impact I don't use it ...as other have suggested..buff it / remove it and give us something better.

Mark of Gen': I maxed it I want that 2% even if its stupidly low as other have stated (buff the skill please).

Poison weapon...thought that buff we were to get was supposed to come with the DW update.

The seeds: I'd be fine with a nerfing if it comes down to it...removing -Nope-  would just give more fuel for to leave the game after having farmed for it.  Those that don't have seeds can farm for them too.

I'll edit this if I have other issues that arise.  Also, Grats on becoming the new VCR.

#3 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:54 AM

Shadow assault - Still randomly teleports, unfortunately - still limiting my usage of this due to unfortunate tele-deaths.

MARK OF GENOCIDE MORE LIKE MARK OF LOL - xD this being buffed slightly would be nice.

Honestly, I'm a bit bothered that tanks can and actually do out-DPS us melee classes, but that really seems like more of a balance problem than a skill problem. With honing/seed/runes though, I'm not entirely sure how the devs are planning to work out these balances.

#4 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

OMG Leila is doing his job, wow. Did my kicking you work!? 

Anywaysssss, some feedback here~

CURRENT SKILLS THAT NEED FIX

Shadow assault - I haven't had the "random teleport the moon" so far at all; I'm still close to the mob/person rather than in the skies or other side of the map. HOWEVER, it does seem to reposition the target as well as yourself. It's been causing the target to become impossible to attack due to "out of range" bug message consistently most of the times I use it, be it against a moving or nonmoving target. It seems to give that message even to someone else in party who wants to attack after I've shadow-asssaulted the target. It's quite annoying to say the least, especially in colo. 

Hide -  Haven't had too many issues with hide so far, but I can't say I'm in WoE map THAT often haha. I do know that some skills cannot be used at all in certain spots there (or at other maps), usually hills or tricky places. That said, what I do dislike is how if I log out while being in stealth still, I'll be totally unstealthed when I log back in. This seems to be a general issue with several buffs just "disappearing" upon logging back to the game. See soulmakers' crit/atk buffs disappearing too when they log in even if they had them before. It might be connected to this.

Shadow Form-   To be honest, the only classes that should be able to, provided the proper gear/build for it, outrun an assassin on hide exceed/high wind rune/shadow form... are either rangers with windwalk/high wind rune/max camo mastery/etc (after all, they're supposed to be kiting and moving away from target fast too), and possibly Beastmasters on their white tiger form if maxed and with high wind seed. And those are close, but I'm fine with them being able to move fast, because they need it for different reasons than assassins do. Now...tanks?? casters?? they should NOT be outrunning an assassin in the same gear/runes/build conditions or even close to. But there's more testing needed for this. We have to factor in things like difference in fps, lag, builds, etc. If my build isn't pure speedy sin, I can't expect to be the fastest out there. My ranger could possibly be as fast as my assassin if  they had exact same runes, considering the builds are so different.

Cross impact  - Err.. I'm probably one of those preferring to remove this skill altogether, and replace with something more useful.

CURRENT SKILLS THAT NEED LOOKING OVER

Double Attack , Deadly Blow , Poison wep (waiting on Class update for this),  Grimtooth , Shadow Fang, MARK OF GENOCIDE MORE LIKE MARK OF LOL .  Cross impact.

Hopefully we'll see some update on this.

Shadow fang sucks so much as aoe, but I would normally don't care so much about if it wasn't because devs have made this game so infernally grindfest-on-mobs now. When aoes are so needed for mobbing and grinding just to: level up, get skills, get items, buy things, craft, pretty much everything that needs to be done with mp......then yes,shadow fang could honestly get some boost. If the game was as preo AoV, i wouldn't care so much for it.

Poison weapon, suffering the same as poison arrow. While it shouldn't be extremely overpowered, it really should make a difference especially if you max it, and not what it is now: a bad joke.

Mark of Genocide......reminds me of poor rogues' unstable doping: it was good and useful preAoV, but as of now the buff is kinda insignificant if we consider the totally new stats formulas and gear boosts. It makes them quite lame since they dont make a big difference enough to invest too much in them, and thats another way to say they are limiting our build possibilities.

Other things to push that isnt related to my class:

Removing/Nerfing seeds   Yeah, I have to agree with this. As much as a LOT of people will probably rage and QQ about nerfing seeds, I have to say they have brought both good and bad things; before we had seeds you had to be good at your class in order to fight other, and you didn't rely on just having more overpowered/expensive/rare seed runes than your opponent. Normal old runes make a difference that is, in essence, still possible to beat if you know what you do. But seed runes have made it so all classes are stuck in a "who oneshots first" and "who has more money to buy/get better seeds" loop. Gear isnt good anymore in its own; its become just a vessel for high seeds and max refines. Its a lame attempt to try to "balance" things; we play different classes for a reason after all... 

Fixing the def % so not all classes are a tank Yes please. But if they are gonna nerf def % in classes other than tanks, then PLEASE at the same time also rework tanks dmg so they dont become killing machines oneshotting everyone so easily (well..they sorta do now). Also rework mobs around; we have to keep in mind defense is really needed post AoV because mobs and bosses lv50+ arent just some poring-lvl poking you; they hurt, a lot, even if well geared.

FPS issues For Odin's sake, yes please. And add options to toggle certain effects off (shiny loot-able bodies everywhere, refined weapons glow, hp/sp porings animation, etc.).

Edited by TifaValentine, 18 July 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#5 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

ba ba ba Bump! CALLING ALL SINS COME POST UR STUFF here so i can make a nise report . Much wow. much reporting 

#6 IronOrc

IronOrc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I've notice a lil' quirk and its hard to determine if its just lag..my computer or something that's occurred since the patch.  During the lag episode with the AOE numbers I could see that effect.  The patch that fixed it...definitely notice the difference: fighting was much smoother.  The follow up patch, back to lag again.. feels like its the AOE text again or some thing else.  Now for the quirk part: Be in party and when separated the lag increased till I returned with the group. 

Settings are at min for everything and effects off that I don't have a need for. 

**Inb4 buy new graphics card (you shell out the money and mail it to me).** What I have works just fine.

Edited by IronOrc, 16 July 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#7 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Submitted a report i did on the run. Will make it bigger with more suggestions/ options! come on guys post up! i would love more suggestion. shout out to ironorc, tifa and akelos for posting. 

#8 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:52 PM

Shadow Form-   To be honest, the only classes that should be able to, provided the proper gear/build for it, outrun an assassin on hide exceed/high wind rune/shadow form... are either rangers with windwalk/high wind rune/max camo mastery/etc (after all, they're supposed to be kiting and moving away from target fast too), and possibly Beastmasters on their white tiger form if maxed and with high wind seed. And those are close, but I'm fine with them being able to move fast, because they need it for different reasons than assassins do. Now...tanks?? casters?? they should NOT be outrunning an assassin in the same gear/runes/build conditions or even close to. But there's more testing needed for this. We have to factor in things like difference in fps, lag, builds, etc. If my build isn't pure speedy sin, I can't expect to be the fastest out there. My ranger could possibly be as fast as my assassin if  they had exact same runes, considering the builds are so different.

Actually, I've heard that the wind rune isn't properly stacking on shadow form; something worth testing, maybe? 

#9 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

Actually, I've heard that the wind rune isn't properly stacking on shadow form; something worth testing, maybe? 

Its not i believe i was pvping yesterday vs some randoms on the map. And the other player was pretty much kitting me while i have shadow form and 11% wind rune. But even then we should still be faster than most classes even with out a rune equipped. Thoughts?

#10 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Its not i believe i was pvping yesterday vs some randoms on the map. And the other player was pretty much kitting me while i have shadow form and 11% wind rune. But even then we should still be faster than most classes even with out a rune equipped. Thoughts?

Shadow form maxed and wind 16% here, yet someone with lower wind% seems still be hard to chase. I will be testing this today, as I have other pair of osiris shoes runeless. I agree, should be faster even against other classes with or without runes, as thats the whole purpose of shadow form's speed boost: to chase/kite targets faster than any other class (well, at least if you went for max shadow form,etc). The only differences should be when the other target uses either wind pot, ymir form, guardian,etc, or windwalk for rangers. But in normal nonbuffed conditions, assassins on shadow form should still be faster. Makes no sense if an assassin "must" have a wind20% just to go back into its "im faster than you" position like it was pre AoV dont you think?

tl;dr= I'll be testing this today. Will update.

edit1= typos...argh!

Edited by TifaValentine, 18 July 2014 - 07:34 AM.

#11 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

There's actually a bug with wind runes in general just occasionally stop working completely when you change maps/channels/etc.

#12 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

Ah, also, a question: is the skill balance for sins really going to be on the Poison Weapon buff? It's a base thief-class skill that we share with rogues, which might make it a lot less specific a sin-class balance, especially if rogues get their own class balance on rogue-specific skills while also benefitting from our skill balance.

Edited by Axtar, 19 July 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#13 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:53 PM

Ah, also, a question: is the skill balance for sins really going to be on the Poison Weapon buff? It's a base thief-class skill that we share with rogues, which might make it a lot less specific a sin-class balance, especially if rogues get their own class balance on rogue-specific skills while also benefitting from our skill balance.

True. Unless assuming when you change jobs you get a "separate" thief to assassin/rogue skill sets, Or since they are rogues class they might just have different skill descriptions all together! (this is all speculation assuming the devs know what they do <- lols. Ill try to get more info

#14 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

Bump still waiting on them sin opinons. lets get a discussion going since last time i threw out this some people said NO PLS.

Cross Impact more like CROSS SUCKS

Pros of using it

-it does a little more damage than double attack

-give you one combo point?

-neat animation

CONS

- 20 hour cooldown (or 6 secs)

-LONG ANIMATION

-give you one combo point

-Is never used in rotation ( personalty i have been trying to put it in my rotation but its still more of a novelty than an actual skill)

Double attack is better since u can spam it

Ways to fix this. Putting down suggestions here, These are suggestions i heard, if you wanna add some put it in the comments! remember this is a THIEF skill that might or will affect rogues as well!

- Lowering the cooldown

- Increasing the attack power/ getting more combo points

- Adding a Slow to the target at a % chance

- Adding a dot to the target at a % chance

- Reducing the animation so we dont be sitting ducks while we stab.

Ect

Any thoughts muh fellow assassins!? post up!

Edited by deathcauser, 21 July 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#15 nanachin

nanachin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

Shadow assault - Randomly Teleports you to to the moon or to a Random location on the map. I haven't been affected by it since 2 patches ago. Would like to hear if any others have been affected by it!

I need to pray every single time before I use shadow assault cause in 70% of times I'm teleported to miles away, making me die or reseting mobs.

#16 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:25 AM

Bump still waiting on them sin opinons. lets get a discussion going since last time i threw out this some people said NO PLS.

Cross Impact more like CROSS SUCKS

Pros of using it

-it does a little more damage than double attack

-give you one combo point?

-neat animation

CONS

- 20 hour cooldown (or 6 secs)

-LONG ANIMATION

-give you one combo point

-Is never used in rotation ( personalty i have been trying to put it in my rotation but its still more of a novelty than an actual skill)

Double attack is better since u can spam it

Ways to fix this. Putting down suggestions here, These are suggestions i heard, if you wanna add some put it in the comments! remember this is a THIEF skill that might or will affect rogues as well!

- Lowering the cooldown

- Increasing the attack power/ getting more combo points

- Adding a Slow to the target at a % chance

- Adding a dot to the target at a % chance

- Reducing the animation so we dont be sitting ducks while we stab.

Ect

Any thoughts muh fellow assassins!? post up!

bump still waiting for some feed back

#17 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

Here's my suggestion to improve on the class, especially on the DPS department:

- Increase Double Attack max level to 10. It is a bit unfair to see thieves, who is supposed to be the main damage dealer of the game do not have more damage on its basic skills, whereas Monks, who is supposed to be a tanker, has more levels on its basic attack meaning more damage overall. 

- Assassins also suffer the lack of Attack Power. Assassins are currently a class with the lowest Attack Power unbuffed. Although Shadow Form increases Assassin's Attack Power, it won't affect their damage because of the game's stupid MIN-MAX attack power mechanics. My suggestion is to change all classes' ATK%+ buffs to also increase MIN ~ MAX attack and of course increase Assassin's weapon's damage.

- Assassin's heal is too overpowered in dungeons but okay in 1v1. Slightly change the effect of Grimtooth to balance the PVE and PVP usage. Decrease the effect as Assassins are supposed to be a DPS class with less survivability. Shadow Armor should be changed to Flee instead, because thieves are supposed to evade every hit, not eat every damage hit.

- Last but not least, Mark of Shadow is currently bugged as it does not double the damage produced from Shadow Explosion. I've tested the skill some months ago and the results are: a non-MoS Shadow Explosion deals 10k 10k. A MoS Shadow Explosion is only 17k-17k or 18k-18k. This was tested using +20 Osiris Claw btw. Shadow Explosion also needs to be merged to 1 hit for more consistent damage. TY!

Well, that's from me. I hope my suggestions are all reasonable to be implemented in the future. It's unfair to see Warriors, who are actually a tanker class can defeat an Assassin, a DPS class. :(

Edited by rzevidz007, 26 July 2014 - 01:49 AM.

#18 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

First of all, I don't have a real Assassin character (only the typical jump-to-50 invisible grinder). I hope you don't mind.

Also note that I generally like to see drastical changes, including a significant DPS decrease and therefore also a massive decrease in healing power, even to the point of pre-AoV. If my suggestions don't match with yours, no offense meant, even if I quoted your replies.

The reason why I didn't have an assassin in LotS: There were too many of them.

The reason why I didn't have an assassin in AoV: It's a grindfest and this is more a 1vs1 class.

Most significant suggestions:

don't read this is you're almost happy with the current assassin!

Spoiler

Random harmless feedback:

Spoiler

Edited by Greven79, 29 July 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#19 RashaKitty

RashaKitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Well, i do feel we need a damage increase and i do feel that grimtooth healing is a bit stupid high. BUT we need the heal on grimtooth considering that everything has come to an aoe grindfest. without grimtooth we would die way too much and that is all there is. sins are a melee so we will invariably take damage. dodge in RO2 simply...doesn't really work because they've increased all the hit ratings so damn much. 

my suggestion would be to increase the damage on shadow fang considerably by either upping the precent or making it multiple hits. also, if this could be made a TRUE aoe. atm its a directionaly based attack and not a true area of effect. true aoe don't need targets or just go in front of you imo. 

i was told recently that a sin in a grind party...'basically gathers mobs and then sits and looks pretty.' 

sin has very little party benefits. :/

mark of genocide should be at least 5% 

damage output for sin is overall bad imo. 

and i do agree with the idea that since we are supposed to be a crit based class our crit damage should be higher! 

if cross impact inflicted some kind of armor rip debuff, then it might be worthwhile. 

i've always wondered why sins DON'T have some kind of armor rip. we are supposed to be assassins right? 

#20 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Well, i do feel we need a damage increase and i do feel that grimtooth healing is a bit stupid high. BUT we need the heal on grimtooth considering that everything has come to an aoe grindfest. without grimtooth we would die way too much and that is all there is. sins are a melee so we will invariably take damage. dodge in RO2 simply...doesn't really work because they've increased all the hit ratings so damn much.

So do Assassins need a heal, although neither the Warrior, Knight, Monk, Ranger, Crecentia or Wizard has something that get's close to that? Honestly?

As I've said, even a 10% HP recovery (in total) would still be more much more powerful than a Tension Relax, Survival, Aura Heal or a Seal Explosion on a Water Emblem.

A Rogue f.e. heals up to 60% every ~25sec (vigor already applied). That's less than 5% every two seconds! So how much better must the heals of an Assassin be?

All I can tell you is that I don't even use the heal skill of my Warrior. Usually there is a SM, Priest or Sorcerer nearby or someone uses a heal pet (creates a better result). So sticking to the Grimtooth heal feels like a 'habbit' reason. In addition, the Assassins still has Shadow Armor that can be used every ~25sec (thanks to vigor) and generates a 100% damage reduction for the first 5sec and 50% for the next 5sec thereafter. I've never seen a party where the mobs weren't dead by then.

Dodge does work in RO2, but noone know how. The Crecentia can decrease the hit rate with Imperio and that's quite effective. So to me, it seems plausible that the opposite direction works as well. And I already wrote that it has to be implemented properly. A 25% bonus really has to reduce the final hit chance by.. well...25%.

Edited by Greven79, 29 July 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#21 Apheleya

Apheleya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

I can add to the fact that Shadow Assault still teleports. I used it during combat (didn't hit the mob yet, but was aggro'd cause the mob is aggressive) and I was teleported on top of the mountains in maple forest lol. Couldn't walk down, so I had to use /escape

#22 IronOrc

IronOrc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

I like my, heals leave them alone- (I'll be ok with a 3% reduc' to make them 15% but that's about it)

Greven7 why bother posting in here just by looking at your own statement you don't like them, imho:

"The reason why I didn't have an assassin in LotS: There were too many of them.

The reason why I didn't have an assassin in AoV: It's a grindfest and this is more a 1vs1 class."

Did you make make your "Jump Sin" just so you can say you have a legitimate say in here? Yes, sins are technically a 1v1 class, deal with it...don't like the grind?..Find a party or a guild.  I was and I still do a lot of my fights 1v1; its nice to have the AOE to supplement my hunts and I like my heals just for the sake of being able to go solo and not have to worry about needing another tagging along, especially when i need to go afk for an extended period of time.

OK, I'm done with my ramblings I have more to say but it'll just get all jumbled and possibly misunderstood.  Am I flaming...is probably, most likely, who knows.  I don't care for drastic changes for any class...small ones are OK.

Edited by IronOrc, 29 July 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#23 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

I like my, heals leave them alone- (I'll be ok with a 3% reduc' to make them 15% but that's about it)

Don't understand that one. But I am sure, you like the current Grimtooth. Who wouldn't.

As a Warrior, I'd really like it, if my Battle Leap or Brandish Storm would heal me completely. Why not... screw Tension Relax, Defender & co. Give me the same heal as Grimtooth.. and sure, it's only a 10% in PvP, but that's still a deal! :P

Did you make make your "Jump Sin" just so you can say you have a legitimate say in here? Yes, sins are technically a 1v1 class, deal with it...don't like the grind?..Find a party or a guild.  I was and I still do a lot of my fights 1v1; its nice to have the AOE to supplement my hunts and I like my heals just for the sake of being able to go solo and not have to worry about needing another tagging along, especially when i need to go afk for an extended period of time.

Well, if 'a longer afk preiod'  and 'being able to solo grind' makes for a valid argument, any class should get it! To hell with reason, to hell with class balance!

Btw: I haven't leveled my Sin because I've chosen other classes first. So it ended up as a farming char or mule. And up 'till now, any 1vs1 I fought or any duel I've seen convinced me that 1vs1 sucks.

Edited by Greven79, 29 July 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#24 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Somewhat late, because eh, the sin skill balance are already being tested for implementation, but why not? Granted this is merely my own two cents, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Hide

Feedback: An assassin without stealth isn't an assassin, just an idiot with two daggers.

Suggestion:Reusable during combat; Casting time 2sec; damage stops it; automatic critical hit on next strike; additional crit. damage per extra level; constant 40% speed malus. +50% dodge rate while hidden.

Comment: I bet you didn't saw that coming! Yes, I suggest to make hide usable during combat.
Whereas most of the other finisher skills get an extra bonus on certain conditions of the target (stunned, knocked down, frozen), the assassin should get this from hide, not from a stupid/random 'Mark of Shadow'. Except for the highest damaging skills, the addional damage bonus is 'eaten up' by the casting time and 2sec are still enough for opponents to react.

In PvE it would be the same as if your opponents are 'neutral' by default.

This would be pretty amazing, can't lie, but resetting hide also one of the key features of the Rogue class that makes it unique (Smoke Bomb). 

Come to think of it, the rogue class actually seems to have more of the traditional sin characteristics (agi = +2 dodge, vs sin's +1, for example, and reusable hide); they're the hide+dodge class, and sin the run+stun. Your suggestions, while valid, would probably muddy this distinction up somewhat, since they are more geared towards hide+dodge, and swapping the class functions around at this point in the game is not very viable, what with development being as slow as it is. With that in mind, probably going to look at these with the current sin-type in mind.

Shadow Claw

Feedback: Although 5% crit. chance is now better than a 15% ATK boost, it's contrary to Hide.

Suggestion: Replaced with Battle Tactics.

Comment:I guess that's another sneaky hit. Yes, the Warriors and Knights could get the crit. chance increase instead, but the assasin should get the crit. damage boost. I wouldn't make it so overpowered as BT is right now, but it feels more natural for a DPS class to deal abnormal critical hits. And here, it's limited to a single class, not two.

YES PLEASE. xD

But seriously, even if this were to ever be implemented, it really has to be considerably lower than the current BT since we also have the random MoS proc - that would be a massive multiplier on our finisher - we don't need a sin Rage-Strike dealing 90k+ (in PVP; would probably be higher in PVE). Still, as melee DPS, we could stand to have some DPS increase - granted, there's no dungeon that really poses a serious threat to melee as they used to pre-AOV, but as close-ranged, a bit of increase in exchange for er,  melee vulnerability would be nice.

Grimtooth

Suggestion: Remove combo point generation and healing effect. The latter would make even more sense on Cross Impact or Shadow Fiend than on grimtooth.

Comment:I'm sure you don't like that one, but even a 10% HP recovery would still be too much (still better than a Warrior's Tension Relax, a Knight's Aura Heal or a BMs Survival). The assassin should avoid being hit by using stealth and should concentrate on short & deadly attacks rather than enduring battles that causes a loss of life in the first place. Since he still has one of the best protection skills out there (Shadow Armor) and he is still able to use pots & soups, there is no real need for healing skills.

Mmmm, with the current sin class skill-type, I wouldn't remove the heal effect. Reduce it? Possibly. But not remove it entirely, not unless we see a boost in attack output or a change in dodge. We don't get bonuses in dodge, and in 1v1, I don't think the heal is significantly high enough to out-heal the DPS we receive. Probably the biggest issue lies in the full-heal-in-crowds, which the upcoming balance addresses (I think 10% across board, regardless of targets?) If we had bonuses in dodge, then yes, having a healing factor on top of that would be too much. But as the melee that seems to be meant to 'withstand' hits, SA with this (in reasonable amounts) doesn't seem all that unreasonable to me. Porting the heal to another skill (CI, for example) would have been interesting though.

And why would you take out the combo point generation? :o

Shadow Armor

Feedback: I didn't like the old visual, nor the new one. To me the Rogue is more about running away, whereas the Assassin is about hiding & dodging.

Suggestion: No speed boost, no ATK boost, but a 20% bonus to dodge rate.Maybe a 5% increase in crit. chance as well.

Comment:If done properly, this dodge bonus equals a 20% increased in HPs combined with a 20% chance to avoid any harmful effects, like stun, freeze or one-shorts. To me, that would suit an assasin much more.

Somewhat random: the triggering of this skill has a slight delay which I do not like, but that might be my laptop, and not the game. 

All these things combined surely changes the assassin from a mobile runner with regular crits into a more defense-oriented class that hit's harder on a critical hit. I think such a concept change won't find any supporters though.

A lot of your suggestions that seem controversial would be viable....IF, and only if, all your balances were taken into account (higher dodge, resettable hide. etc. etc the whole shebang).  That is, unfortunately, as likely to happen as someone getting both a Blueseed and Redseed 50 back to back through runing. Any one of your suggestions, if modified without the others, would either make us too OP (resettable hide + SS? DAMN. Plus, stun-hide + SA +GT, wow), or weaken (SA 20% dodge increase isn't that large a boost if dodge is not outstanding in the first place) the current sin gameplay.

Also, I noticed your balances involves a lot of increase to our dodge and stealth, which, imo, have been given to rogues as their class skill-type. Sins, again, seem to have been restructured as the 'grin-and-bear-it' route, hence the more defensive skills. While it would be really cool to have a high-dodge sin again, the skill-stats reshuffle at this point in the game might be a wee bit too drastic. Again though, this is only my opinion - other veteran, more skilled sins might disagree with me as well.

my suggestion would be to increase the damage on shadow fang considerably by either upping the precent or making it multiple hits. also, if this could be made a TRUE aoe. atm its a directionaly based attack and not a true area of effect. true aoe don't need targets or just go in front of you imo. 

i was told recently that a sin in a grind party...'basically gathers mobs and then sits and looks pretty.' 

Eh, sins aren't one of the top aoe-rs, true; the class deals better with 1v1. Still, never underestimate the necessity of a lure! Our speed, SA and GT makes us good gatherers in DW lower, for one - less stress on healers, who don't have to direct-heal us and accidentally pull aggro.

Edited by Axtar, 06 August 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#25 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi Axtar, sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice.

We both share the same thoughts about the RO2 Assassin being more the roguish class right now, whereas the actual Rogue is the more stealthy one. If you would exchange all their skills, you surely wouldn't 'muddy the distinction'. Transferring the movement speed bonus shouldn't either.

You're right! My suggestions should be seen as a package, not as seperate parts. However, each one should be balanced on it's own. A reusable Hide f.e. due to the added casting time. By the time you need to reenter hide, you could have hit at least twice. Replacing the movement and attack bonus of Shadow Form would hardly create an inbalance. The Shadow Claw suggestion is the most difficult one:

Edit: I was mistaken about the armor penetration mechanic, so I edited the following parts

Exchanging the crit chance of Shadow Claw with BT could lead towards damage peeks, but so does the intented armor penetration. Ignoring a 75% defense rate completely would result in 4 times as much damage. Lowering the defense from 75% to 50% would result in twice as much damage. That could lead towards - quote: "a sin Rage-Strike dealing 90k+" damage.

So it might be at least a bit better to introduce a skill similar to BT that grants +1 penetration per INT

Adding another 'unlikely' ideas, I'd like to see the Shadow Explosion to be more like the Guillotine Fist right now => high damage; high cooldown & additional damage against targets with < 20% HPs.

Speaking of likelyness. Although these are significant changes, these modifications are usually much easier to implement than to fix a lag-issue f.e. It seems to be a general paradoxon in computer science that the business logic tendsto be the easiest part. That of course doesn't mean anything for Gravity though.

I don't comment Grimtooth here, because I did on another thread already. I'm also aware that some of the changes effect the Rogue as well. But since my Rogue is level 27 only and none of my friends has one to give me access to, I won't comment that class. In case of the reusable Hide, I could imagine that the smoke bomb creates an AoE slow // confuse (see Dragon Age reference below).

References to other games:

Spoiler

Edited by Greven79, 20 August 2014 - 04:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users